Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:42:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Ban On Politics
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ban On Politics  (Read 19936 times)
Markus Asraelius
« on: May 25, 2006, 01:44:27 PM »

Mr. Jarmo, would you consider removing your ban on politics when it comes time to talk about Presidential Elect 2008? Perhaps?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 01:53:59 PM »

This is a little premature, dontcha think?
godiva
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 02:12:53 PM »

I guess Markus's campaign starts now.....  Grin
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 02:19:22 PM »

MA'S DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 03:56:49 PM »

This is a little premature, dontcha think?

Yes, very premature, but it was just a thought that came into my head and I was wondering if we were gonna be able to talk about politics by then.
godiva
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »

I have a feeling we'll have to take it to PMs, Markus  ok Some people just can't behave when it comes to politics  no
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 05:44:18 PM »

Why can't we just talk about politics now?

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

Why can't we just talk about politics now?

Because the rules say we can't...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 07:59:39 PM »

alot of people do ignore it thought and the odd discussion sparks off.

html sucks
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 01:58:30 AM »

That's what i figured, it's a perfectly normal discussion topic that needs discussing, so long as you keep the assholes out of it.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 09:13:34 PM »

well if we couldnt allow canadian election stuff on here... and we are  rather civil... then 08 us election stuff.... lol

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Brody
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 08:32:55 AM »

you could all come to pinko commie SLC punks site! Its full of liberal wussies!! www.godlovesgeorgebush.com
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 11:48:59 AM »

I don't see why we can't set up a separate political section on the board here.  If you don't like politics, you don't have to go in.  If you do like it, you can still discuss it.  What's wrong with this idea?  I've asked before and never had it explained to me.

I know name-calling can spread to other threads because of it.  So if it does, that's when you break out the negative karma, probations, suspensions, bannings, etc.  Keep all the fighting in one place, people who don't like the politics can stay out, people who like it can still have it.  Where is the problem with this and why can I never get a direct answer about it?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 06:16:35 PM »

Where is the problem with this and why can I never get a direct answer about it?

Maybe cause they doesn't give a shit.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 06:57:29 PM »

you could all come to pinko commie SLC punks site! Its full of liberal wussies!! www.godlovesgeorgebush.com

Oh boy I really hope that site was created as a joke? hihi .....No seriously it is meant as a joke right?? nervous
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 07:03:25 PM by Grouse » Logged
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 11:18:26 PM »

Where is the problem with this and why can I never get a direct answer about it?

Makes sense.  But a message board where the moderators/administrators don't care and won't give the people a direct answer is like a super-secretive government that's allegedly a democratic republic.  It's just not effective.

*wonders if anyone picks up on that*

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 07:00:25 AM »

I don't see why we can't set up a separate political section on the board here.  If you don't like politics, you don't have to go in.  If you do like it, you can still discuss it.  What's wrong with this idea?  I've asked before and never had it explained to me.

I know name-calling can spread to other threads because of it.  So if it does, that's when you break out the negative karma, probations, suspensions, bannings, etc.  Keep all the fighting in one place, people who don't like the politics can stay out, people who like it can still have it.  Where is the problem with this and why can I never get a direct answer about it?

It isn't about 'not getting an answer' and you fucking know it. If you read the answers, even if you had to read between the lines (which I don't think that you would have), then you would get your answer of No.

Jarmo doesn't want constant fighting on this board, and it has been proved time and time again that the clash on this board is just too great (... at testament to the diversity of GNR fans? ... Ahem...........), the divide means that there WILL be fighting in every political thread.

What does giving Politics it's own section solve?

It isn't about not wanting to discuss politics, which is what you are insinuating, on the part of the administration; somebody so keen on politics should perhaps be a little better at reasoning reason (haha!) from given answers. Why do you think that SLC doesn't keep going on about this?

In short, that kind of child board would be unmoderatable (did I just make that word up?). And, as you know, we're all very pro-censorship... Or, sorry, readability, you know, without the insults. Without the generic slur (... you know, how every thread ends up the same? SLC is a grubby commie, Pretty is a fascist and, who was against the towel heads?)

A sentance without a comma? Now, there's a thing, I think. You, know.

Maybe it is because nobody gives a shit. Or, maybe it's because answering multiple questions multiple times wasn't in the job description.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:03:47 AM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Brody
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 10:02:46 AM »

Oh boy I really hope that site was created as a joke  hihi .....No seriously it is meant as a joke right?  nervous

No the person that runs it! really hates gw unlike me! dont want to confuse any1 in thinking im a commie!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 11:51:33 AM »

Yeah sorry, I had a really bad attitude problem yesterday. I had to punish myself but I'm much better today.

But, with the ban on politics, I think it is unfair but I am aware of how political discussions on this site can get out of hand so I'm not 100 percent aganist it.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »

"Why can't we discuss political topics?"

"Because, it causes too much fighting in The Jungle."

"So why not make a separate political forum?"

"Because it still causes fighting."

"But wouldn't the fighting stay in one place?"

"No, it would spill into other threads."

"So why not smite someone for taking it to another thread?"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Because I'm the decider, and I decide what is best!"

*Duffman23235 mysteriously disappears.  Conflicting reports say he was last seen somewhere in the Siberian Gulag, Guantanamo Bay, or Abu Ghraib.*

Seriously though, it would certainly be moderateable (hell, I'd do it).  You break out a "pinko Commie" or "fascist" remark or something of the ilk, bam, post deleted, and add some negative karma.  If it happens too much, lock the topic, get the people to start a new one that maybe they can keep cleaner.  If someone can't seem to cut the crap, they get banned from posting in the political forum.

This way, the people who can talk politics without slinging insults would be allowed to, while the ones who can't do it would have something looming over their heqads reminding them to either 1. keep it clean, or 2. not talk at all.  And the ones who hate political topics could just keep it all out of The Jungle and have it in a separate place where they don't have to look at it.

Honestly, I don't see what the problem is with this scenario.  All banning it does is insult the intelligence and maturity levels of those who can discuss political topics with educated opinions and facts, rather than assumptions and insults.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: