Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:11:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Ban On Politics
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ban On Politics  (Read 19613 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 02:34:57 PM »

^ The dude has a point, kinda, not that i'm too fussed.

But how bout they get one thread and one thread only where all things political are discussed, and when people mouth off, bitch, moan, insult as expected, smite away, then ban them, give them what they want and if they abuse it punish them, i mean a whole section is hassle but like one thread, it would be a start, maybe like one last chance, they mess it up then it's over, if they behave for like 6 months they might get a bigger reward......
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »

The problem is that some people here have lefty opinions. Those opinions ruin all the political topics. It's a shame, really.

I'll download it !
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 02:49:37 PM »

The problem is that some people here have lefty opinions. Those opinions ruin all the political topics. It's a shame, really.

Yeah anybody with different opinions is wrong Roll Eyes

the problem is there is too many posters of such differing walks of life and beleifs...politics are never good to discuss with people. it can kill relationships and people hihi

same with religion

SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 03:00:39 PM »

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 03:09:23 PM »

Everybody should think the same.

I'll download it !
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 05:04:35 PM »

Everybody should think the same.

Let me guess.......your way?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2006, 05:15:39 PM »

No, the problem is you right wing freaks who continue to stand by the worst president of all time.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 05:22:59 PM »

Alright, you assholes have ruined my point.

There's no need for Slashead's jab at the lefties, nor was there a need for SLC's photo response, or the "freak" comment from Markus.

Who says moderating wouldn't be easy?  I just did it right there.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 05:30:05 PM »

Who says moderating wouldn't be easy?? I just did it right there.

Um, only half-way. You insulted members of this board in your last post even though you didn't name names.

I still think you're moderating skills need some work.
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 05:36:41 PM »

I know.  The "assholes" comment was meant to be a joke.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 01:04:06 AM »

For starters, I Love Jarmo Luukkonen.
On daily basis, I fantasize about me and Jarmo being characters either in Cameron's Titanic or in one of the most sweet and love filled love ballads by Nick Cave,ones where man and woman (or in this case, me and jarmo)are spending quality time where the wild roses grow.
On Daily basis, I Fantasize I was a woman just so I'd have a slim change of getting inpregnated by Jarmo Luukkonen.

Just wanted to clear some air for a rant. Now,

I'm not using internet THAT much.Still, pretty fair doze of the wonderfull, p0rn filled wonderland of net browsed ever since 1996 or so.Holy shit, that's 10 years. I have visited loads  and loads and loads  of various discussion forums during this time.Because I really enjoy reading peoples thoughts and all that emo crap.

So far, I have only ever seen ONE SINGLE FORUM that actually fucking decides to bloody ENTIRELY Perma-BAN ANY political discussion.
This one site happens to be a forum for people who ended up in there because they like a  Rock n Roll band called Guns N' Roses.
A rock and roll forum that gives out-of-the-line topic BANS. It's  so Anti rock and roll that  it's paradoxal.If Jim Morrison was alive..he would kick Jarmo to balls:(Which would harm my impregnation plans.Sad

I still can't understand WHY.

2 people disagree. They both are sure they are right.They get fustrated.They might get pissed and start to fight.They might even start calling eachothers homefucks or something equally creative. It's inevitable. What is so horrible in this?
One could just ignore the fighting as long as it doesn't begin distracting the thread itself too much.
 One could start giving warnings, deleting posts and banning users that go out of the line. Why not?It's not like Jarmo has to do it all by himself. Or any of it in the first place. There have always been loads of active moderators here.I just can't imagine it would be that huge a burden for anyone.

Not having political threads just fustrates some people, makes the jungle section a lot more  boring(not an opinnion, but a FACT bitches.  smoking )and makes parts of the community more and more estranged to the site.
There are loads of people here who stopped being that exited about Guns N' Roses somewhere around 1983, but frequent this site because of the community they learned to "know" and appreciate, not because of the Guns N Roses.I find strict&evil bans like this plain  disrespectfull towards a very old community.

STOOOOP THE MAAADNESSSSSS

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 01:09:13 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Mal Brossard
VIP

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 01:38:44 AM »

On Daily basis, I Fantasize I was a woman just so I'd have a slim change of getting inpregnated by Jarmo Luukkonen.

I got scared and stopped reading right about there  Shocked nervous

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 01:45:12 AM »

What about creating a baby board with one mod or two that are fond of political debate but are unbiased when it comes to their job here?

See how it goes. It'll be well more contained this way.

And, before you would eliminate threads that get out of hand wherever they pop up from time to time you would have the option (and it should be done right away) to ban anyone that posts in the political section that attacks someone based on what was said there.

A little more work for sure, but with a good mod or two the rest of the board won't be polluted with any political discussion of any sort whatsoever. ?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 08:42:28 AM »

No, the problem is that kind of attitude.....whether you were joking or not.

And I'm not saying it's confined to one particular side of the issues, either.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 08:55:19 AM »

Alright, you assholes have ruined my point.

There's no need for Slashead's jab at the lefties, nor was there a need for SLC's photo response, or the "freak" comment from Markus.

Who says moderating wouldn't be easy?? I just did it right there.

It's not a matter of "easy", I don't think. It's a matter of time management.

Look, the fact is, the political threads were the hotbed of arguments, nastiness, and insults (sprinkled with doses of ignorance).  And they also tended to be HIGH volume threads.  Which means you need to spend a LOT of time pouring over them...and you can't just skim them....to find the crap that needs to be weeded out.  In addition, when "moderating" posts, you have to deal with all the crappy fallout (like being called Nazi's) and provide long, detailed explanations as to WHY stuff was "moderated" so as not to appear that you're "moderating" based on your political leanings. 

Essentially, it's a pain in the ass.  And it DOES spill over to other threads/areas, which means now you have more moderating there, too.  Which makes it a bigger pain in the ass.  And remember, none of the mods actually get PAID for this.

So, if you can, in one fell swoop, eliminate a HUGE pain in the ass for the mods, and reduce their work load (something that's important, especially now, given how active the board is) at the same time....well, you do it.  It's almost a no brainer, I think.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 09:00:17 AM »

So far, I have only ever seen ONE SINGLE FORUM that actually fucking decides to bloody ENTIRELY Perma-BAN ANY political discussion.
This one site happens to be a forum for people who ended up in there because they like a? Rock n Roll band called Guns N' Roses.
A rock and roll forum that gives out-of-the-line topic BANS. It's? so Anti rock and roll that? it's paradoxal.If Jim Morrison was alive..he would kick Jarmo to balls:(Which would harm my impregnation plans.Sad

I can point you to at least 2 or 3 dozen others that "ban" hardcore political discussion...on a variety of topics from wrestling to music to Disney Theme Parks.  It's actually NOT that uncommon for "mature" (meaning, having been around awhile) forums to enact exactly this type of ban.   If you don't like it, or you find it somehow offensive to you principles that a topic completely unrelated to the "main topic" of the forum is banned....well, you can always go elsewhere.

Together again,
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 09:22:08 AM »

I just hope politics will never be back here.

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2006, 09:37:10 AM »

Politics=Life
Don't ban Life. no
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 09:43:37 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 09:56:41 AM »

I just hope politics will never be back here.

I actually had hope that people would've learned by now how to discuss matters with no name calling or other stupid shit... I thought the 'trial' thread that we had going went on very well.. until...

There's always someone who has to fuck it up. I liked the political threads when they were civilized. But at one point or another they always went wrong. I don't want to discuss politics with people who don't know how to behave. And it appears that achieving a level where everyone would be smart enough not to insult another poster, is impossible.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 10:02:21 AM »

This is a forum dedicated to a band and its music.

If you like politics you're free to discuss it at some politics forum, preferably your favorite politician's forum, so you won't have to stand people like the ones you find on this forum, who think opposite than you do, and then one of the 2 starts the name calling.

We've had too much of that shit here and it's not welcome anymore and the most recent example is that Israel / Libanon thread.

No, that was a mistake. The most recent example (oh, the irony...) was this thread with SLCPUNK & Slashead.

So, you can pretty much forget about politics on this forum if you ask me...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: