Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:55:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Dear Axl - From an Old Fan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear Axl - From an Old Fan  (Read 15966 times)
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 01:25:02 PM »

YouTube:

Nightrain - AFD Era:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ckPD5VfrM&search=roses%20nightrain
Raw Power  beer makes the UYI GnR sound blaoted and tired...

Nightrain - UYI Era:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO7emHNVkQ8&search=guns%20roses%20night%20train
Slash's sounds abit off and Matt Sorum seems slow compared to Brain  hihi

Nightrain - RIR3 Era (feat.Buckethead)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHcLJ2A1QHM&search=guns%20roses%20night%20train
Buckethead and Brain rule  ok

Nightrain - RIR5 Era (feat.Bumblefoot)
- where's the link  Huh

compare  Grin

The AFD era was the best, although the new GnR sound better than the UYI period...

someone get the fucking link up and show him!! Grin

Yes i saw nightrain last night. I also just watched the UYI era in Oklahoma 92 do Nightrain. I hope you can see it someday, now theres a band on fire. And anyway, in a way you proved my point by saying that AFD era was best. Thankyou i agree.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2006, 01:45:46 PM »

So I will continue to listen to AFD,Lies,UYI I & II? they way it was intended with Slash Duff & Izzy but as far as this new GnR I will not be a fan of it.? crying? Cry no

Now go ahead and rip me a new one and tell I shouldn't be on this board but keep in mind this is a GnR board and I'm a Huge GnR fan.....just not this GnR
you will like this new ones,trust me ok
................................................... rofl

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
KILLYOURIDOL
Banned
Opening Act

This site is filled with Axl nuthuggers

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2006, 02:00:36 PM »

Please fold the tent up and go back into the hole you hid in for the last 11yrs.

Wouldnt it be easier for u to just stop listening?

Everyone has their opinion, but it would suck to be u.

you probably thought oh my god was brilliant. the only thing that sucks here is people having a problem with others expressing thier opinion. disagree all you want (most have) but try having something constructive to say other then 3rd grade insults.
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »

Dear Axl;

Its pretty clear that from last nights show you are indeed back in full force. The new band are very good and have showcased thier skills to the MILLIONS who watched Rock in Rio around the world.

Its pretty easy to listen to the " doubters " who will ride you for changing the band. Because quite simply they perfer it. As an old fans I think you should keep Finck,Fortus,Thal and Brain . All 4 kicked ass and ripped last night.

Good show and you made this old fan happy. May ya prove all those doubters WRONG !!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2006, 02:30:56 PM »

If you don't support the new band, fine. But it seems like topics like this pop up all the time by newbies. Maybe we could just have a "NU-GN'R sucks" sticky in the dead horse section.

A new band should go by a new name and stop bastardizing OLD music. I fully support the fact that this is a new band but when 85% of your set list is old songs and you use an old name you open yourself up to these kinds of discussions.

It's 2006 now.  It's not like they just started playing their first shows.  We, people that have been on this board for many years, get pissed at topics like this because we've been hearing about it for years.  Where were you with you're opinion on this new band in 2001???  Or in 1999 when OMG came out??  I've never seen so many new people on this board in my life, some of which are very nice, don't get me wrong, but most of the new people on here are so fucking negative about his band.  If it's so bad, then stop coming here.  If you miss the old guys so bad, go to the VR section and talk about them there.  After 5 or 6 years of seeing the same topic a thousand times, it gets really fucking old.  The fact is, most of us here are here for this NEW band.  Sure we love the old guys and always will, they gave us some of the best music ever, but we are here for what's happening NOW.  I'm not going to live in the past and sit at home and cry because Slash isn't in GNR anymore.  You know what I do?? I listen to Velvet Revolver.  It's not hard.  This new band to a lot of us here, some of the biggest GNR fans in the world, IS Guns N' Roses.  So if you don't accept it, fine.  You're allowed to have an opinion, but do you really need to start another fucking topic about it.  This last month has been one of the best for GNR in so many fucking years and everybody should be so happy and grateful.  GNR and Axl are finally back and with a vengeance.  The NY shows were a fucking huge deal and the band played amazing.  They did a fucking secret acoustic show after the other 4 NYC shows for Christ sake.  With all of this shit going on and most of us on this board so happy, there is still a huge handful of people sitting at there fucking computers and trying to ruin the mood for everyone.  It's like with last nights broadcast, in the Rio thread, if you were following along that thread during the show, every 10 posts someone would have to start talking shit about this band.  If it's that bad, then why the hell are you listening to it anyway?  I don't get some people at all.  All you negative fucks are just a bunch of stupid fuckheads in my book.  Each of you with 10 or 20 posts of nothing but negativity and it's never been this bad on this board before.  It's like with the NYC shows, people that haven't followed the band for 10 years, sign up and bitch and moan that Slash and Izzy aren't here anymore.  They haven't been here for 10 and 15 years!!!!  Alright, I'm done.  It just blows my mind that people think so bad about this band, but actually still spend their time on this board.  Either you can't admit you like them because you're scared or you're just a fucking god damn pussy with a fucking god damn problem.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Death Cube K
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2006, 02:43:36 PM »

It's 2006 now.  It's not like they just started playing their first shows.  We, people that have been on this board for many years, get pissed at topics like this because we've been hearing about it for years.  Where were you with you're opinion on this new band in 2001???  Or in 1999 when OMG came out?? 

Amen to that.

I used to discuss this to the death back in 1998-1999-2001 and even 2002. It get's old people. Back in 1998 I could have actually agreed with you moaners and said "this aint GNR" and aaaalll of that fucking bullshit, but we have been over this a zillion times since that time back in 98-2000 and we're over and done with it. We chose to stay and we chose to embrace it and like it. Others left after we propably told them a couple of hundred times to stop whining and leave.

We've come to know and love these new players. Robin Finck, Tommy, Dizzy and the rest of the guys. They have been in this band for a loooong time now. In a couple of years they will have been in this band longer than some of the old guys.

And please don't give us the shit about "the original band". I'm sure you can e-mail Tracii Guns or Rob Gardener and talk all you want about "the original band" with those guys.

Alright?
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2006, 02:53:56 PM »

Please fold the tent up and go back into the hole you hid in for the last 11yrs.

Wouldnt it be easier for u to just stop listening?

Everyone has their opinion, but it would suck to be u.

you probably thought oh my god was brilliant. the only thing that sucks here is people having a problem with others expressing thier opinion. disagree all you want (most have) but try having something constructive to say other then 3rd grade insults.

Thats because over 95% of the people here are happy that GnR are back. ?We r happy that we get to listen to them and see them in concert again. ?U already said u were not going to be a fan of this. ?Why should GnR go away because u dont like it compared to 88-93? ?The reason why I said it would suck to be u is because I am a long time fan similar to u but I still enjoy the band now. ?hows that a 3rd grade insult?

sillybegger
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2006, 03:40:01 PM »

I don't often post on here but as an old fan from the start of GNR I get tired of hearing people slag of the new band when we have hardly heard any quality recordings from them and for the shows they have done so far this year I think they have done really well.This is not the old line up Axl isn't in his twenties anymore its never going to be the same but at least give them a fair chance to prove themselves,if all continues like last night I will be very happy to continue to call myself a GNR fan.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2006, 04:21:08 PM »

It's OK that you feel the way you do, dude. (Towards the original poster) If you feel the band can never be as good as it was, that means you have an opinion. I'm not agreeing on what you said, but people shouldn't rip on you because you want to express your views like America allows you to. Some people need to just grow up.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
redrose
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2006, 04:21:39 PM »

Amen on that, Sillybegger.
You have said it well.
Axl and the band gave a great show away and it was worth waiting for.
The band were in a good mood and loved the jokes Axl was making.
Everyone has their right on their own opinion.
I think if people are complaining about the voice of Axl or about playing the instruments, I will think to myself is about that person(s): "Can you do it better"? and if so "why aren't you in the spotlights with that song ". If your tape didn't came thru by the recordcompany, then shut the f.... up. If that person(s) can do it better then let it see or hear it, but when it comes to that point no one is there.If you can't do it better then GnR now, then f.... off .

Axl and Co it was f... awesome and go for it.
You need to have some fun in life so go ahead.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2006, 04:21:44 PM »

Mate I hear your point, but 'old GNR' has moved on so I'm sure the members would like the fans to move on too. ?As much as we all loved them there's no point wishing the old band was back, it's in the past.

Who said "take it for what it is"?

beer

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2006, 04:25:48 PM »

If you don't support the new band, fine. But it seems like topics like this pop up all the time by newbies. Maybe we could just have a "NU-GN'R sucks" sticky in the dead horse section.

A new band should go by a new name and stop bastardizing OLD music. I fully support the fact that this is a new band but when 85% of your set list is old songs and you use an old name you open yourself up to these kinds of discussions.

Your opinion is null and void, because you're basing opinions off of a crappy video you saw on the internet..
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2006, 05:09:15 PM »

YouTube:

Nightrain - AFD Era:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ckPD5VfrM&search=roses%20nightrain
Raw Power. Makes the UYI GnR sound bloated and tired...

Nightrain - UYI Era:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO7emHNVkQ8&search=guns%20roses%20night%20train
Slash sounds off and Matt Sorum seems slow compared to Brain  hihi

Nightrain - RIR3 Era (feat.Buckethead)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHcLJ2A1QHM&search=guns%20roses%20night%20train
Buckethead and Brain rule  ok

Nightrain - RIR5 Era (feat.Bumblefoot)
- where's the link  Huh

compare  Grin
The AFD era was the best, although the new GnR sound better than the UYI era...

That UYI era link flat out sucks.  You can't base any comparison off of that crappy quality.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2006, 05:30:06 PM »

Nothing lasts forever Grin
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 06:29:02 PM by Luigi » Logged

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2006, 05:55:24 PM »

I completely understand your point of view. Axl needs to release Chinese Democracy and tour behind it's songs before he can expect the general public to accept this band as GnR. This band will continue to be an Appetite for Destruction cover band until Chinese Democracy comes out. I'm a big fan of this band and I think Axl is shooting himself in the foot by touring again without an album. If he wants to succeed in North America, he needs to put an album out a couple of months before the tour starts. People need time to go out and buy the album and digest the music before they're going to spend $80 on a ticket for a show. Axl could pull off a theatre tour of North America, no problem, but embarking on another arena tour will be a disaster if the album hasn't been out for at least a couple of months.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2006, 05:57:37 PM »

I listened to the RIO broadcast last night and all it came off to me as was a horrible cover band butchering classics. Please fold the tent up and go back into the hole you hid in for the last 11yrs. Your voice is a shell of what it once was and this 3 headed guitar monster you think you have does not work at all. I know alot of people kiss your ass and can't come to grips with the fact that not everything you do is good but as a GnR fan from the beginning I must tell you that you are on the verge of destroying GnRs legacy. The AFD songs are lifeless live. Maybe it's because this band didn't write them or maybe it just because they can't play them they way REAL GnR fans expect them to be played. Whatever the case if you must go on using the GnR brand please stop playing any "OLD" GnR songs. You've had 13 yrs to write new music and it's been 17yrs since the interview where you said you wanted to "Bury Appetite" well last night you sure buried it cause I couldn't tell what the hell was going on out there. Song after song I tried to explain to my wife and daughter that this wasn't the band I was so obsessed with that I still went out the day the illusions albums came out even though earlier in that day I was jumped and spent hours getting stitched up and was told I may lose my sight. Thinking only I have to get UYI's. Explaining the raw power and energy of my first GnR show at MSG where as a 14 yr I was almost in tears as I screamed along to every word that came out of your mouth. I know almost 90% of this board agrees with every move you make, hell they even try to dignify the length of time its taken you to write some so-so songs. Axl you will never have the world at the palm of your hand the way you once did and I will never have my favorite band of all time again. So I will continue to listen to AFD,Lies,UYI I & II? they way it was intended with Slash Duff & Izzy but as far as this new GnR I will not be a fan of it.? crying? Cry no

Now go ahead and rip me a new one and tell I shouldn't be on this board but keep in mind this is a GnR board and I'm a Huge GnR fan.....just not this GnR

Real GN'R fans? Your a fucking idiot. Thank you for your time.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2006, 06:01:06 PM »

I see where the original Poster is coming from. This isn't the band he loved as a teen. There is Only one guy left! it's like the three stooges without Larry and Curly. Yeah.... Moe is still there, but he can't do it all on his own. They were all a team. Well the orginal team is gone. So people are going to be dissapointed. AXL is living off the name Guns n Roses. Unfortunately there are no more Guns left. Just One Rose.

Even though Axl sounds good these days, it doesn't change the fact that the original guys are missed by many out there. It's not the same band anymore.... and it never will be. It's more like a tribute Band who's been lucky enough to get the Actual Lead singer of the real band. So I can respect the people who hold this point of view. It makes sense to me.

However on the other hand, Axl sounds good these days and there is No real reason for him to stop his career forever. He's still a young guy. Why retire if he's still got it in him to perform. He's just doing his own thing and I can respect that. before last nights show i had my doubts. I was even one of the people who thought he should just hang up his hat. But now I see different. The guy is still good. Even with that piece of shit Mix that was broadcast last night, Axl still shined. "Knockin on Heavens Door" almost brought a freaking tear to my eye. I don't even consider myself a big enough fan of the band for that to have ?happened. But it just sounded so totally awsome that it brought out some emotion!

It showed me Axl is to good to quit. As long as he shows up for all his concerts and proves to be as stable as he's been so far this tour, I definitely think the New Guns n Roses can be a success.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 06:06:39 PM by dizzy68 » Logged

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
lul
Headliner

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2006, 06:06:37 PM »

i just watched ritz 88 and boy,,,... go figure

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
Death Cube K
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2006, 06:09:08 PM »

i just watched ritz 88 and boy,,,... go figure

Adlers playing the damn songs way too fast there mate
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2006, 06:16:45 PM »

Its hard to compare a show at the Ritz from 88 unless they played there now...That venue is small and cramped and even
the acoustics will be different.

I suspected all along that many will try to complain that Axl doesnt have it anymore.....His voice was always
far from perfect live.

People are gonna say they suck now because of this. When in reality they never really heard them from the old
days....Just point them to the bootlegs.

If the energy level has changed so much, why still all the potential for rioting?   Axl is & always was the heart and soul of this band.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: