Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your opinion...release CD with BH or have BF on the album?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your opinion...release CD with BH or have BF on the album?  (Read 10790 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 11:25:54 AM »

I don\'t know how many of you went to see the recent shows in Europe. But once you see it, you just realize Richard Fortus is the only real guitar genius of this band since the Slash\'s departure in 1996.

So now in 2006 I\'ve just one thing to say: Bucket who?

thats what i always thought. i think richard is the only one whos as cool as slash and izzy and gilby.? the other 3 are stupid.

I really dont understand the FInk hatred, hes been nothing but loyal and self sacraficing to this band and I feel his parts on Better are some of the best guitar parts in GNR history.  I mean he left millions of adoring fans to take a chance with Axl and maybe that is what makes him stupid, but hes a great guitarist and a very cool guy.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2006, 11:26:39 AM »

Whatever way gets it out faster

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2006, 11:34:38 AM »

He's going to keep Bucket's parts.  BF is around to play the gigs.  I don't think Axl was really shocked that Bucket left before everything panned out, he got what he wanted out of him, and now we move on.
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2006, 12:36:15 PM »

I dont think Buckerthead will have much contribution to CD.  Maybe two or three tracks at most.  Just look at the leaks, the only one that he was on was IRS, which in my opinion is the weakest of the four.  As far as Bumble goes I think he will be maybe on the one newer track that they were supposedly working on around the time of the eddie trunk interview/hammerstein shows.

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2006, 12:40:53 PM »

Leave Buckethead's parts, Buckethead is an ?absolute genius and a madman on the guitar. Buckethead in my opinion is the best thing that ever happened to Axl after Slash left, and Bucket is my favorite guitarist.

In no way am i dissing Thal, hes great and he's a much cooler guy then bucket, but just judging from the demos, and comparing them to the live shows, Buckethead is a better guitar player.

I really can't wait to hear Bucket ripping on CD.

I dont think Buckerthead will have much contribution to CD. Maybe two or three tracks at most. Just look at the leaks, the only one that he was on was IRS, which in my opinion is the weakest of the four. As far as Bumble goes I think he will be maybe on the one newer track that they were supposedly working on around the time of the eddie trunk interview/hammerstein shows.

Are you joking? Buckethead is most definately on Better, he makes the song! and im guessing Hes on twat too, since he was in the band then .

They just thought Id know better. Better.
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2006, 12:52:14 PM »

Leave Buckethead's parts, Buckethead is an ?absolute genius and a madman on the guitar. Buckethead in my opinion is the best thing that ever happened to Axl after Slash left, and Bucket is my favorite guitarist.

In no way am i dissing Thal, hes great and he's a much cooler guy then bucket, but just judging from the demos, and comparing them to the live shows, Buckethead is a better guitar player.

I dont think Buckerthead will have much contribution to CD. Maybe two or three tracks at most. Just look at the leaks, the only one that he was on was IRS, which in my opinion is the weakest of the four. As far as Bumble goes I think he will be maybe on the one newer track that they were supposedly working on around the time of the eddie trunk interview/hammerstein shows.

Are you joking? Buckethead is most definately on Better, he makes the song! and im guessing Hes on twat too, since he was in the band then .

No its just Robin & Richard on Better actually & TWAT is Robin & Huge.  Axl recently even commented at one of the shows that Better is Robins song! So dont make it like you know what you're talking about because you don't!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »

IRS kicks your moms balls in. The song is masterpiece theater. Can't get enough of it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Aquila
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2006, 01:42:43 PM »

Leave Buckethead's parts, Buckethead is an  absolute genius and a madman on the guitar. Buckethead in my opinion is the best thing that ever happened to Axl after Slash left, and Bucket is my favorite guitarist.

No its just Robin & Richard on Better actually & TWAT is Robin & Huge.  Axl recently even commented at one of the shows that Better is Robins song! So dont make it like you know what you're talking about because you don't!

Sorry but you disgust me so much I had to register just to point how big a douche you're being. Buckethead is quite obviously on Better and TWAT. Better with a sweep picking fill and a mini solo and TWAT on the outro... there's a Fucking kill switch in the outro for fucks sake, one of Buckethead's trade marks. He quite obviously replaced Finck/Huge's outro.

Oh and if Buckethead is wiped from CD, Axl has comited a terrible crime against music not letting us hear what the Bucketmaster did on that record. Even Axl isn't that proud though, Bucket will be on CD.
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2006, 01:44:38 PM »

Just because Robin wrote the song doesn't mean he played or came up with the shredding guitar parts. They have Buckethead written all over them.

It also seems extremely likely that while a lot of the guitar work in TWAT is Robin, that last solo is played by the Bucket.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2006, 01:59:18 PM »

Just release the friggin album.  Drop a date.  I am starting to get frustrated with not hearing anything.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2006, 02:12:34 PM »

I am sure most of BHs parts have been redone by Richard or Robin
I am sure BH will still be on this album but I dont think he will have as much as he would have if he didnt leave the band

agreed part from the sig stuff like the outro to twat im sure buckets parts will be minimal

fish
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2006, 02:13:33 PM »

IRS kicks your moms balls in. The song is masterpiece theater. Can't get enough of it.

how can you call a song with such repetive lyrics & that sounds like shit live a masterpiece!? ?you obviously dont have very good taste in music

Origen
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2006, 02:16:51 PM »

^Like Gilby was insulted? A touring member is just that. He knew what he signed on for.

Precisely, release it with Bucketheads parts on and let Bumblefoot play them live.
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2006, 02:19:56 PM »

Release it. Blank the guitar parts if you have to. I don't care anymore. It's called addiction. I need new drugs.  confused

I am starting to get frustrated with not hearing anything.
I can start some new rumors, just in case you miss them? hihi

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 02:24:41 PM »

I'm suprised there's so much love for Buckethead now...

I don't think BF would have too much trouble rerecording BH, but if its a part BH wrote he should prolly stay on the album. The one song I really miss BH from the 2006 boots i've seen is the finally to paradise...it sounds really sloppy now...BH shredding back and forth with Robin was awesome.
MATT-A-REAL-FAN
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 02:44:54 PM »

First off,they ain't releasing TWO versions of the album. That would only make them look foolish,regarding sales and promotion.
 People will think,"No wonder it took him so long!" and "Who cares who so and so is and he played this part?!?" This is just a bad idea.

Secondly,as for Thal,he's not gonna be on it. I don't see how. As cool and great as he is, we don't know (and neither does he probably) if he's a FULL member yet. So why recruit someone to play on something when they might not be here next week.
 We know the deal with BH was he was supposed to be here long term but,screwed Axl and Co. over.
 However,if something sounds great and it can't be duplicated,leave it alone!!

? Third,I don't care if they got the sound they wanted by handcuffing a guitar to a blind chimp.
 It matters not to me who played what and when and how,etc.?

Release it first and then we can talk endlessly........

? ?MATT
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 03:28:14 PM »

First of all we have heard bucket works on Twat and IRS and it kick ass.
It's way better than the 99 version without bucket work.
The 99 version is ok but now I understand why AXL is so perfectionist after listening to both version.

Definitely prefer bucket work on CD.

Like Ozzy said " he plays like a motherfucker"  ok

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2006, 03:52:14 PM »

^Like Gilby was insulted? A touring member is just that. He knew what he signed on for.

Yeah but gilby played on TSI
Origen
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 03:58:11 PM »

Yeah but gilby played on TSI

Yes AFTER he had toured for nearly 2 years with the band with albums (uyi's) he had nothink to do with.

TSI has nothink to do with the point he was making. The point he was making is they probably could of delayed the release of the USI albums but they didn't because it would of been daft, they simply let Gilby take over Izzys parts live and left Izzys parts on the albums.

The same thing should happen with Bucket head and Bumblefoot, BH has recorded the parts but now he's gone, there is no point to re-record them, just let Bumblefoot play them live.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 04:50:24 PM »

Whatever way gets it out faster

Ditto.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: