Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:42:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 23rd Manchester MEN Arena...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 23rd Manchester MEN Arena...  (Read 24645 times)
wharfy11
Opening Act

Here Today...Be Back Tomorrow

« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2006, 10:59:22 AM »

Amazing concert....went to Dublin first then Sheffield and finally Manchester and each got better and better...and i dont see how they can eclipse last nights show....wow

The manchester crowd lived up to its reputation and was so great. It was the only concert i could barely hear Axl sing at because the crowd were singing so loud, so it was nice to hear Axl on the new songs that just me, my brother and a few others were singing along to....Us downloading mother f*****s!!

If I Leave Here Tomorrow Will You Still Remeber Me.......
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2006, 11:46:42 AM »

Can't fault Axl's performance for last night, he was awesome, not only with the singing but also with the banter and his overall presence.

I was disappointed with havin to wait so long, because where I was at least the crowd were too knackered to move by the end (we were standing for 4 1/2 hrs before the band had even come on). I think the crowd in the middle looked a bit more lively, but obviously I wasn't going to give up my place at the front for that.

Also the "new" members didn't really get a great reaction, noted once again by Mr Rose; "Back by unpopular demand, Robin Finck" (or Fortus can't remember).

The long solos were also not a great idea - we've all seen shredding before

I was also gutted that Izzy never once came over to where I was stood. He moved twice over to the left corner, but the rest of the time he remained stationary behind the mic towards the back of the stage.

Still, an awesome performance and a near-perfect setlist (why the fuck do they never play TWAT?)

Good job boys  ok

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2006, 12:34:41 PM »

i don?t get why people complain about a few hours waiting for a band....

at rock am ring i stood 12 hours waiting for guns + more than 2 hours show

in nijmegen i waited for nearly 7 hours for them to show up

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »

Because maybe people are not like you?

Who the fuck wants to wait 4 1/2 hours for a group, then stand around for another 2 1/2 hours for the show?

Alot of people have jobs and kids to attend to the next day. 

When you go to a movie theater, do you wanna wait 2 hours in the theater for the show to start?

mikegray
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2006, 01:50:33 PM »

Because they were crushed and it was damn hot in there, I suspect. It was outrageously hot even in the seats, so god knows what it must have been like on the floor.

The band were scheduled for 9:30 last night, so were at least less than an hour late.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2006, 02:00:41 PM »

Who the fuck wants to wait 4 1/2 hours for a group, then stand around for another 2 1/2 hours for the show?

Alot of people have jobs and kids to attend to the next day.?

When you go to a movie theater, do you wanna wait 2 hours in the theater for the show to start?

uhm... so you have a choice... to go or not to go. gnr are not a movie theater (althoug sometimes look like one). also if you go you have another choice... to stand or to seat. if you don' want to stand you get reserved seating and enjoy some beer and cigarettes until 10PM. it is really simple. you are paying people, so it is really your choice. maybe better to spend 40GBP for drinks or food or... girls or whaever. or buy something to your girlfriend. don't spend your hard earned money on waiting.

really simple. I paid 160GBP for my Wembley ticket... and I will wait. I have kids and job, you know... and some more for flight and hotel costs. thank G.O.D. I can afford it... and I will wait. And once WTTJ starts I'll be happy man... really fucking simple
Apple7
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2006, 02:01:53 PM »

Am I the only one worried that Axl said Richard's working on a song? Hopefully that's not a "Chinese Democracy" song. Hopefully those are all done. Hopefully he means Richard is rehearsing a song they've never played live before.

confirmed??, the new song
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2006, 02:04:26 PM »

best gig i have ever been to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ok

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2006, 02:14:54 PM »

Alot of people have jobs and kids to attend to the next day.?

uhm... so you have a choice... to go or not to go. gnr are not a movie theater (althoug sometimes look like one). also if you go you have another choice... to stand or to seat. if you don' want to stand you get reserved seating and enjoy some beer and cigarettes until 10PM. it is really simple. you are paying people, so it is really your choice. maybe better to spend 40GBP for drinks or food or... girls or whaever. or buy something to your girlfriend. don't spend your hard earned money on waiting.

really simple. I paid 160GBP for my Wembley ticket... and I will wait. I have kids and job, you know... and some more for flight and hotel costs. thank G.O.D. I can afford it... and I will wait. And once WTTJ starts I'll be happy man... really fucking simple

95% of the people attending that show didn't expect to wait that long.  Not everyone are hardcore fans.

If everyone that goes to these shows expects to wait and wait and wait, then guess what?  Alot of people aren't going to go to a show.

That would mean less money for Uncle Axl now wouldn't it?

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2006, 02:21:14 PM »

95% of the people attending that show didn't expect to wait that long.? Not everyone are hardcore fans.

If everyone that goes to these shows expects to wait and wait and wait, then guess what?? Alot of people aren't going to go to a show.

probably and that would or would not make 'Uncle Axl' to be on time... or whatever... I personally don't care if it would mean less money for him... it is his choice to be late and your choice to go or not....

and I was enough off topic, sorry  Embarrassed
mikegray
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2006, 02:28:01 PM »

95% of the people attending that show didn't expect to wait that long.? Not everyone are hardcore fans.

If everyone that goes to these shows expects to wait and wait and wait, then guess what?? Alot of people aren't going to go to a show.

probably and that would or would not make 'Uncle Axl' to be on time... or whatever... I personally don't care if it would mean less money for him... it is his choice to be late and your choice to go or not....

and I was enough off topic, sorry? Embarrassed

I think it may actually be against the laws of the universe to be off-topic when discussing lateness in a GNR show thread. Wink
Valentine
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2006, 02:38:50 PM »

Hi,

went to the Manchester gig last night, first time iv ever seen them live and what a performance.
We had to wait a while but it was well worth it!

Mr Rose still got it!x
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2006, 07:45:30 PM »

You know why I think people get pissed at the lateness? It just doesnt seem to have a reason. Axl turns up consistently late and never has a good excuse for it. The people who follow the band like us know, but Id sure as hell get pissed if I went there thinking (God forbid) they would actually come on when they are due to.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2006, 10:05:21 PM »

Very little recognition for the new songs - saw one guy singing along to Better and that was about it.

That could of been me, I sang along to all the new songs but whilst singing 'Better' i became aware of a few people looking at me in a 'How the fuck does he know this but we don't' kind of way!! Ah the joys of the internet!

As for the wait, I discussed it in my initial review but at the end of the day I think we all know Axl will do what he wants when he wants. Axl will come on when HE decides he's ready. I didn't mind too much because as I said before it was WELL worth the wait and Axl put on an excellent performance.

Does anyone know what Axl was talking about when he said 'Now now boys and girls, don't spoil it'? Did someone boo Finck or Fortus??  I noticed when Robin played his very first solo (Which he's played the whole tour I think) a few people were saying stuff like 'I paid good money for this?' and 'I can play better than that!'. This particular solo is quite bad though (and I love Robin's shit), it sounds purposely out of tune and like he's hitting any old strings!!

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
mstclaire
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2006, 03:40:46 AM »

Does anyone know what Axl was talking about when he said 'Now now boys and girls, don't spoil it'?

He said that because he was about to introduce Izzy and loads of people at the side of the stage were already chanting Izzy Izzy Izzy
wharfy11
Opening Act

Here Today...Be Back Tomorrow

« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2006, 06:38:10 AM »

This is correct we were on the front barrier and he said "time to introduce a special guest" and thats when i piped up with IZZY IZZY IZZY....more people join in then he looks down and say "don't spoil the fun"

If I Leave Here Tomorrow Will You Still Remeber Me.......
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: