Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:30:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Where would Axl be today without Robin Finck?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where would Axl be today without Robin Finck?  (Read 11740 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2006, 05:21:08 PM »

i tell anyone now, i went to see GNR because i wanted to see AXL singin!!simple as

iv seen vr play mr brownstone and its so easy and VRs version is better than GNR

all this is my OPINION

So you dig Axl's singing but you prefer VR's brownstone & easy? With Scott in them?? Undecided

SCOTT DOES THAT SONG JUSTICE MORE THAN FINCK AND CO DO THE PLAYING OF THE SONG JUSTICE

Ok, ok, you don't have to post your opinion in caps, i'm not BLIND or DEAF.
I can tell you have a thing for Robin.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2006, 05:22:31 PM »

i tell anyone now, i went to see GNR because i wanted to see AXL singin!!simple as

iv seen vr play mr brownstone and its so easy and VRs version is better than GNR

all this is my OPINION

So you dig Axl's singing but you prefer VR's brownstone & easy? With Scott in them?? Undecided

SCOTT DOES THAT SONG JUSTICE MORE THAN FINCK AND CO DO THE PLAYING OF THE SONG JUSTICE

Ok, ok, you don't have to post your opinion in caps, i'm not BLIND or DEAF.
I can tell you have a thing for Robin.

sorry the caps button was on and i was to late to cancel the thread to replace them

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2006, 05:26:39 PM »

c'mon guys i mean look what album do gnr have to apply that sorta crowd??they have no album only 4 leaks and bootlegs, you dont get that many fans from that!!!

that proves my two statements are sorta facts

what u guys think?

Steel_Angel
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2006, 05:31:34 PM »

c'mon guys i mean look what album do gnr have to apply that sorta crowd??they have no album only 4 leaks and bootlegs, you dont get that many fans from that!!!

what u guys think?
I think you and everybody else should quit judging the new band until you hear Their new CD.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2006, 05:37:03 PM »

what u guys think?
I think you and everybody else should quit judging the new band until you hear Their new CD.

but we are on about hear and now!!!that was the original question!!

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2006, 05:44:23 PM »

because vr are more of a RNR sound and lifestyle!!!
haha ok  ok

ill take the demos and leaks over any vr song....the only 2 songs worth mentioning from that album are Slither and YGNR....other than that its a boring, genric rock record. But hey atleast they are "cool" ok

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2006, 05:57:24 PM »

....somewhere better

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2006, 05:04:42 AM »

Well, since this is in the Dead Horse section already, I guess a VR vs GN'R is acceptable...

I am a big fan of VR. I went to see them live and loved every minute of it. I haven't seen the current GN'R line up live yet, but even watching a shitty-ass pixelated clip of GN'R playing Better's middle part on my PC blows away my first-hand experience of seeing VR live.
But I have to say, I really like Duff. He seems to be pretty much the coolest guy to emerge from any GN'R line up. I was more excited to see him than anyone else in VR.

Anywho, back on topic... Robin is probably gonna prove to be an integral part of GN'R future from here on. After CD is out, I am sure he will be regarded a highly esteemed guitarist in his own right, not just "the new GN'R guitar player." And I believe Robin is able to bridge the gap between old school Zeppelin grooves and contemporary guitar playing, which seems to be a formula that's working well for GN'R 2006.

Everything changes. Love it or hate it, it still won't go away. Ever.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2006, 05:40:33 AM »

If not Robin, it would have been someone else.? Axl Rose would have gotten just as far...

so true, people think the new members mean something.. Axl already had the gnr name he could have had anyone.. Plus there is no success of this new band..
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2006, 01:30:23 PM »

Buckethead was a show-pony guitarist. His contributions are fantastic but he was hardly irreplaceable. I seriously doubt you'll be getting many songs written by or with Buckethead. Robin, an arguably lesser technical guitarist, I'd expect to have a more Stradlin song-writing influence. Again, Izzy was a lesser technical guitarist than Slash, but I know I wouldn't want Slash writing songs for me. Robin wrote Better and thats good enough for now. Tommy wrote a few songs as a Replacement and has been referred to as 'musical director', I'd imagine he's made a weighty contribution in the creation of songs.

kool post, i like ur comparisons, they make sense  ok
FairyLace
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2006, 05:01:25 AM »

All I know is that Robin has been there for a LONG time. Where would Axl and GNR be today without Finck? Who knows. But what is known that he has brought a lot to the table and means a lot to Axl.

Its known that they have had plenty of arguments in the studio. Heck Robin even left the band. If he didnt mean anything to Axl or GNR he would have been long gone.

What you also have to realize is that there is a certain bond/chemistry between Axl and RObin. That alone has helped make the 2 work. Robin is very underated but thats Axls fault. The album isnt out yet. The world cant hear the playing and creativeness of Finck. The chemistry and bond that the 2 have developed goes a long way in rebuilding gnr. many of you groan about hired guns and any1 can be replaced. But what you dont realize is that this band works. Musically and on a social/personable level. That is why Axl can now move foawrd with the album and band.

Axl could have easily thrown boatloads of money at big time guitarists and forced it to work. But he didnt. He wanted this to be a band. Not just a musical monstrosity. And that imo is a smart thing to do. Because when that album drop and people see the new tour and songs they will realize that there is more than just guys playing in gnr. Its a band with the gnr spirit.not hired guns.

some people will embrace that. and others will hate the band even more because of that.

Robin came up with Better!...that alone is enough. But Im sure there is a shitload of more stuff that he has brought to the table. Not to mention the creativity and ideas he will bring to videos as im sure he has brought to songs and lyrics.....

I could carless how he plays the old tunes. For me he plays them just fine. But either way he will not be judged by how he plays Jungle or Rocket Queen, etc. He will be judged on Chinese Democracy and the follow ups. And thats the only fair thing to do. If you want to disregard him because he plays the old songs choppy and sloppy...thats ur loss. Then ur still wrapped up in the old tunes.

Robin, Tommy and I would even wager Pittman are the core of this band along of course with Axl. RObin and Tommy have been here since the start of the new era. They have exhibited patience,professionalism and great muscianship. Slowly they are gaining fans. And when the album drops, if its good, they will be rewarded for their hard work,dedication and patience. They deserve it the most....

Well said  ok
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: