Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:04:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When can we expect the leak?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When can we expect the leak?  (Read 10441 times)
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2006, 08:04:37 AM »

the album may not leak before release at all....

i was readiong an article in classic rock magazine about the new maiden album. they had ultra tight security, they brought all the journalists from respective magazines from all around the world to the record company and put them in to listening booths with a gaurd, and then whicsked them away to interview various band members, and this was done for a whole day.

i thought this was a grerat idea, the magazines get their review/ interview and the band get to keep the album under wraps, completely.

this might be what gnr do, just a thought... Cool

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2006, 08:14:14 AM »

the maiden album still leaked. its the same approach most major acts take now.
its the week the discs are shipped to the record shops (i.e. the week before release) that the leak is most likely to occur due to these measures.

(unfortunately these measures also build up a certain hostility in many of the reviewers, which is just what gnr need Tongue)

(and while im here, can i put my name down as a someone requesting a link to the leak when it happens please?)
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2006, 08:52:27 AM »

The best thing for album sales would be a new promotion style on iTunes. Sell the album on there, of course, but do NOT sell "Better" as a single. However, give every person who goes to the iTunes store the opportunity to listen to "Better" one time for FREE. Have some sort of IP Address blocker or something that prevents people from recording it or from listening to it more than once.

That's the most insane thing I've ever heard. Mostly because the chances that working are about as good as Robin Finck making his solo in November Rain not sound like a cat being cremated alive. iTunes has it's business model and that's pretty much the deal. You can have album only tracks but honestly after all this time GnR's label is going to want to ram this sucker down everyone's throats by hook or by crook. If that means risking some album sales in exchange for a million download of 'Better' (keeping in mind that the profit margin for iTunes sales are substantially higher than cd sales) then they will be on that like white on rice. Record labels don't care how or what it is that sells as long as it's selling shitloads. Even the mighty Axl Rose isn't completely immune to the machine.

Having said that...the album WILL leak. Some of you will download it and listen to it. You will come here and talk about it. Some of you won't download it. You will come here and talk down to everyone that downloaded it and post lots of these:  rant rant rant rant rant rant and whine about it. There will be lots of fighting and swears and bad spelling, and I will laugh.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2006, 10:21:36 AM »

The best thing for album sales would be a new promotion style on iTunes. Sell the album on there, of course, but do NOT sell "Better" as a single. However, give every person who goes to the iTunes store the opportunity to listen to "Better" one time for FREE. Have some sort of IP Address blocker or something that prevents people from recording it or from listening to it more than once.

That's the most insane thing I've ever heard. Mostly because the chances that working are about as good as Robin Finck making his solo in November Rain not sound like a cat being cremated alive. iTunes has it's business model and that's pretty much the deal. You can have album only tracks but honestly after all this time GnR's label is going to want to ram this sucker down everyone's throats by hook or by crook. If that means risking some album sales in exchange for a million download of 'Better' (keeping in mind that the profit margin for iTunes sales are substantially higher than cd sales) then they will be on that like white on rice. Record labels don't care how or what it is that sells as long as it's selling shitloads. Even the mighty Axl Rose isn't completely immune to the machine.

Having said that...the album WILL leak. Some of you will download it and listen to it. You will come here and talk about it. Some of you won't download it. You will come here and talk down to everyone that downloaded it and post lots of these:  rant rant rant rant rant rant and whine about it. There will be lots of fighting and swears and bad spelling, and I will laugh.

i love it when members of this board think they?re above the others.....
the mighty michaelvincent..... ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2006, 10:27:54 AM »

Well, the Killers new album due out on October 2nd still has not leaked. Care to explain?
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2006, 10:30:53 AM »

He's talking out of his ass. You are correct not all albums leak. Also, hosting tons of fakes can discourage downloading fakes. There are ways to stop it. Releasing partial EP's or singles with B-Sides always helps quench people's thirst for a while.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2006, 12:14:28 PM »

Well, the Killers new album due out on October 2nd still has not leaked. Care to explain?

well, maybe that's because no one wants that hihi

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2006, 12:24:19 PM »

well, maybe that's because no one wants that hihi

Not true... there are plenty of 10 - 12 year old little girls that want that album. hihi

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2006, 12:55:50 PM »

If the album is out this year, when can we expect it to be on the net? 2 weeks prior? A month?

Anybody know the details of these things?

You think it will leak?

I am kinda thinking it won't.

But then again, I know nothing about how the record making/promotions/mixing thingy works.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2006, 01:09:21 PM »

dude, the album will leak... 1 month, 1 day before, doesnt matter, today you dont buy a record quickly if you?re not a big fan of the band, you download some songs, listening and see if you like, GNR will have to understand that 90% of the people that only like 2 or 3 old songs wont buy the record before listening to at least 60% of the album... its damn easy, someon buy the album and put it on the net, even if is low quality people will listeing first

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2006, 01:21:39 PM »

leaks most of the time happens like a week before the realase day..
it happens in the distribution time.. when the album is being handled to the stores...

i have to say that i will download the leaks cuz it will be the only way to hear the album, cuz where i live, albums come like 3 months after they are realased...
i will buy, no doubt.. but i will have to download it before

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
EFISH
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2006, 02:25:47 PM »

Why don't you pre-order it online and have it shipped to you? ^
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2006, 02:32:52 PM »

i won`t download the final versions if they leak... i want to put the CD into my player and listen to it with the best quality possible ok

i want the real deal and i can wait.......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2006, 03:28:03 PM »

i won`t download the final versions if they leak... i want to put the CD into my player and listen to it with the best quality possible ok

/sign

I just want to have that experience. Putting CD into the CD player. The leaks to date have allready cheapened it for me. I won't listen to any more now that I know it will happen within a few months. I only listened to the current leaks to make sure the stuff wasn't crap. Now that I know it is good stuff, that's all I need.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2006, 06:38:20 PM »

/sign

I just want to have that experience. Putting CD into the CD player. The leaks to date have allready cheapened it for me. I won't listen to any more now that I know it will happen within a few months. I only listened to the current leaks to make sure the stuff wasn't crap. Now that I know it is good stuff, that's all I need.

I feel the same way overall. I may break down and listen to the leak over the weekend just out of curiosity. But if I score a promo the week before I'll be ALL over it. I want the same experience of actually putting that CD I've waited so long for in my CD player for the first time.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2006, 07:34:51 PM »

i love it when members of this board think they?re above the others.....
the mighty michaelvincent..... ok

All hail him!

gnrevolution.com
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2006, 04:40:57 AM »

It's leaking tomorrow night. Would have been today, but i left it in my car.
badapple81
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2006, 05:37:38 AM »

If a release date was out there and the album was leaked, NO WAY I would listen to it.

Yeah those who would actually leak it might be fans, but I wouldn't call them supporters. If anybody here has anything to do with leaked songs, I'd urge them to think about the current events and tour happening with GN'R and use their common sense that it's happening this round.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2006, 05:52:10 AM »

I will download it if it leaks before release date - and I will buy the album anyway.

philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2006, 09:17:09 AM »

If a release date was out there and the album was leaked, NO WAY I would listen to it.

Yeah those who would actually leak it might be fans, but I wouldn't call them supporters. If anybody here has anything to do with leaked songs, I'd urge them to think about the current events and tour happening with GN'R and use their common sense that it's happening this round.

Huh

surely getting the songs out there asap would only help the tour and the hype around the band?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: