Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 212899 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2006, 01:01:45 PM »

i know im getting boring with this but

COME TO FUCKING ENGLAND AGAIN PLEASE

no your not getting boring. i 2nd that request!

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2006, 04:09:34 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: AEROSMITH won't finish their new album before they go on tour with M?TLEY CR?E this fall, but that's actually a good thing. The band had hoped to get everything finished, but lead guitarist Joe Perry told Launch the record has now been pushed into next year because they didn't want to rush things and have the music suffer. "We're definitely not gonna be able to get it out before the tour starts," he said. "We just can't do the songs justice. We are getting a fair amount of work done on it, and it'll probably be about half done by the time we start working on it again in February. So we're hoping to have a late spring-early summer release."

The AEROSMITH/M?TLEY CR?E "Route Of All Evil" tour starts September 14 in Holmdel, New Jersey, and the bands have announced shows until the end of November.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2006, 11:55:04 AM »

AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler has told Roger Friedman of FOXNews.com that the band is getting a "best of" album together for Christmas and may include one new song as well. Then they will begin thinking about a totally new album early next year.

Tyler recently told Rolling Stone magazine that his goal ? inspired by a July 4 performance backed by the Boston Pops ? "is to take songs like 'Home Tonight', 'Dream On' and a shitload of the good ones and go out with a fifty-piece orchestra." Also, "I want to do a string of shows at Madison Square Garden where the first night we do 'Toys in the Attic' and 'Rocks', in order, the second night 'Pump' and 'Aerosmith', etc." And look out for Tyler on TV's "Two and a Half Men", where he'll play an annoying neighbor who rocks out all night and all day.

The AEROSMITH/M?TLEY CR?E "Route Of All Evil" tour starts September 5 in Columbus, Ohio, and the bands have announced shows until the end of November.

anythinggoes
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2006, 11:58:33 AM »

Me again, another best of for fucks sake that is bollocks how many do you need i think thay have more best offs than sudio albums just come to England i might consider buying the bastard then rant
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2006, 04:42:27 PM »

so how is it with stevens throat?..
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2006, 03:01:49 PM »

With its next studio album pushed back until 2007, Aerosmith plans to release a best-of, "Devil's Got a New Disguise" Oct. 10 via Columbia, in the midst of its fall tour with Motley Crue.

"We were working on getting a studio record out, but we just couldn't do it. There wasn't enough time," guitarist Joe Perry tells Billboard.com, calling the hits set "a good holdover."

"Devil's Got a New Disguise" takes its title from one of two new songs that will be included on the 16-track album. Perry describes it as "a classic Aerosmith rocker," while the other fresh track, "Sedona Sunrise," has been around for awhile and was considered for other Aerosmith albums. "We felt like it really had to come out, Perry says.

The rest of the set will be a "pared down" single-disc version of 2002's two-CD set "O, Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits," containing single mixes of 14 favorites from the band's tenures with both Columbia and Geffen.

Perry says Aerosmith plans to resume working on the new album in February. The group has been spending a lot of time mining its vaults for old songs and ideas, most of which he says "sounded like just old-fashioned Aerosmith songs" but "weren't perceived as being right for that time."

"There's a lot of the stuff that inspired the 'Pump' songs, and even before that," the guitarist explains. "There's a lot of songs there that I think have the grit and the meat of what a lot of people expect from Aerosmith. We thought we'd take another look at that stuff, and that's what's going to be the backbone of this next record."

The Aerosmith/Motley Crue tour kicks off Sept. 5 in Columbus, Ohio.

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »

ANOTHER greatest hits ??
come on guys, get your act together....release atleast something different....even b sides or remixes

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2006, 12:47:32 AM »

[Insert bitching about another GH here]...........I'll be buying it.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2006, 01:16:57 AM »

ANOTHER greatest hits ??
come on guys, get your act together....release atleast something different....even b sides or remixes

I love seeing them live, but they are very steadily falling into the Kiss category of trying to suck every last dime they can out of their fans with minimal effort.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2006, 12:23:46 PM »

the bassist has gotten cancer and wont be touring on the american tour.

html sucks
anythinggoes
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2006, 12:27:50 PM »

the bassist has gotten cancer and wont be touring on the american tour.

Tom Hamilton recovering from radiation treatment

Aerosmith bassist Tom Hamilton is recovering from radiation treatment for throat cancer and will skip the beginning of the band's upcoming tour, the band's publicist said in Los Angeles.

Hamilton, 55, will be recovering with his family after a seven-week radiation treatment he just completed, publicist Marcee Rondan said Thursday. He will join the ''Route of All Evil'' tour in mid-October.

Rondan said she had no further information about Hamilton's condition.

David Hull, a longtime friend of the band who played in the Joe Perry Project, will fill in as bassist, she said.

The tour is set to launch Sept. 5 in Columbus, Ohio, according to the band's Web site.

oh fuck he is such a funny guy:'(

get well soon Tom
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #271 on: August 27, 2006, 01:27:53 AM »

Yeah, I just heard this afternoon.........this totally sucks. Get well, Tom. We love you.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2006, 08:45:35 PM »

Aerosmith was better when they were on drugs.
Axl121
Opening Act

You're in the jungle baby! You're gunna DIE!!!!!!

« Reply #273 on: September 25, 2006, 09:26:39 AM »

I love Aerosmith as well!! And REM and The Darkness and of course the legendary QUEEN!!!  ROCK ON FREDDIE!!!!!!   Has anyone seen the vid where Steve Tyler, Joe perry and GNR did Mama Kin together?Huh It was so cool!!!  Grin Grin Grin
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2006, 04:46:05 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Disguise-Very-Best-Aerosmith/dp/B000HEZF2M

These fucking guys release more "best-ofs" and "greatest hits" and "very best ofs" and "super-mega-collections" than any band in history. Honestly. Their last fucking album was a Best-Of, was it not?  Huh

EDIT: Their least release was indeed a Greatest Hits. They also re-packaged Young Lust (Greatest Hits) in 2005 as "Aerosmith Gold," but it was the exact same tracklist with a new album cover.

I just read on Amazon that this is being released because they are contractually obligated to deliver an album this year and Brad has cancer and Tyler's throat has prevented them from playing. They only managed to do one new song before splitting up again.

The other new song on this album is a demo from Pump or something.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:48:16 AM by Russian Roulette » Logged
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2006, 07:04:22 AM »

i thought their last album was Honkin On Bobo.? that was a covers album though.? i think with one original tune.? that was a damn good album.? better than that Just Push Play bullshit.? i think there is going to be one original tune on this greatest hits package.? its really good i think, the best they have come up with in a long time.? i forgot the name of the song though.

greatest hits cds are just ways for bands to make an extra buck, as if Aerosmith needed it.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2006, 09:53:42 AM »

i thought their last album was Honkin On Bobo.  that was a covers album though.  i think with one original tune.  that was a damn good album.  better than that Just Push Play bullshit.  i think there is going to be one original tune on this greatest hits package.  its really good i think, the best they have come up with in a long time.  i forgot the name of the song though.

greatest hits cds are just ways for bands to make an extra buck, as if Aerosmith needed it.

I think Bobo was 2004 and they repackaged Young Lust as Aerosmith Gold in '05. And didn't Oh Yeah! The Best of Aerosmith just come out two years ago?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2006, 11:30:50 AM »

Ya they are, Get over it

EccoTides
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2006, 12:32:44 PM »

That's pretty fucking lame.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #279 on: October 11, 2006, 06:47:26 PM »

how cheesy is this?!?! i doubt i will ever see these guys again!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: