Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24509 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 09:40:28 PM »

My question is how can they not be there.. I don't think axl could do what he planned without him..

Mike, how could Axl depend on buckets work if hes so hard to work with, I just think bucket thought hay! here's my chance to get some exposure, I'll tour with these guys, get my name out there, get  free advertising and bail. I'm not gonna say the guy can't play cause we all know he can flat out tear it up. I never thought there was any chemistry with bucket and the rest of the band. Now that he's gone, things will be better for the whole band.

I'm sure Axl has changed alot of things since Buckets departure yes     

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 09:44:27 PM »

Axl and the band don't need Buckethead to make good music. Buckethead was not a vital member.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 09:51:10 PM »

Axl and the band don't need Buckethead to make good music. Buckethead was not a vital member.

I agree 200% Wink

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 09:56:24 PM »

You have this weird fixation with Buckethead. It cant just be that you dont like him, because if that was the case, you wouldn't bring him up in every single one of your posts.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2006, 10:00:43 PM »

You have this weird fixation with Buckethead. It cant just be that you dont like him, because if that was the case, you wouldn't bring him up in every single one of your posts.

Just like his weird fixation with Richard. Its like hes in love. yes
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2006, 10:58:01 PM »

A good friend of mine and Buckets , Syd Garron made a couple comments over at buckethead.tk that I found interesting ...

"I actually got to hear a little bit of it a couple years back. There were no vocals on it. I only heard one or two tracks and only once (and it was a while ago). If memory serves it sounded more like good regular hard rock album and less like BH. BH's riff was really good but it wasn't ultra heavy like Spokes or Deli Creeps."

Then I brought up Tommys comments about bucket being hard to work with , to which he replied ,

"Well Tommy can have his opinion but the simple fact of the matter is BH has played on about 170 different records with dozens of bands. Tommy has played in about two. So he probably can't be too difficult now can he?

I have no idea about BH's parts remaining on the album. After a decade of recording who knows? I bet the engineers and producers don't even know who recorded what anymore. My guess is that BH is so prolific that he must have recorded something they just can't live without. We might never know.-syd"

http://bucketheadland.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1137176972&page=2

peace

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2006, 11:33:22 PM »

A good friend of mine and Buckets , Syd Garron made a couple comments over at buckethead.tk that I found interesting ...

"I actually got to hear a little bit of it a couple years back. There were no vocals on it. I only heard one or two tracks and only once (and it was a while ago). If memory serves it sounded more like good regular hard rock album and less like BH. BH's riff was really good but it wasn't ultra heavy like Spokes or Deli Creeps."

Then I brought up Tommys comments about bucket being hard to work with , to which he replied ,

"Well Tommy can have his opinion but the simple fact of the matter is BH has played on about 170 different records with dozens of bands. Tommy has played in about two. So he probably can't be too difficult now can he?

I have no idea about BH's parts remaining on the album. After a decade of recording who knows? I bet the engineers and producers don't even know who recorded what anymore. My guess is that BH is so prolific that he must have recorded something they just can't live without. We might never know.-syd"

http://bucketheadland.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1137176972&page=2

peace

Good find, Saul. But you know what still puzzles me about this? Everytime someone hears something from the album, there's never any vocals. Does Axl only hand out instrumentals for people to listen to? Or is it something more sinister? hihi

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2006, 11:37:18 PM »

Good find, Saul. But you know what still puzzles me about this? Everytime someone hears something from the album, there's never any vocals. Does Axl only hand out instrumentals for people to listen to? Or is it something more sinister? hihi

Well it was a couple years ago though and I think the band pretty much recorded most of the material without hearing any vocals beforehand , maybe if lucky sometimes a "scratch" vocal just to get a sence of the melody.

But what I like about Syd's quote is that it shows Buckethead could , can and will sometimes play in a different style to suit the song.  ok

And he really hit the nail on the head when saying buckethead has worked with dozens of bands and I've neve heard a bad word about him other then from Stinson.  Huh

peace.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2006, 11:46:12 PM »

And he really hit the nail on the head when saying buckethead has worked with dozens of bands and I've neve heard a bad word about him other then from Stinson.  Huh

peace.

Ever think that maybe he was hard to work with the guys in guns? I mean most of the guys bucket has worked with arent really the same type of people that is in guns. And he did demand that a chicken coup be built in the studio for him afterall. Doesn't that seem weird to you? I know if I was Tommy I'd be thinking this guy is a fuckin nut job.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2006, 11:49:35 PM »

Well it was a couple years ago though and I think the band pretty much recorded most of the material without hearing any vocals beforehand , maybe if lucky sometimes a "scratch" vocal just to get a sence of the melody.

But what I like about Syd's quote is that it shows Buckethead could , can and will sometimes play in a different style to suit the song.  ok

peace.

I really am confused as to why so many hardcore gunners can be so negative about bucket and so many bots can be so negative about Axl Rose. Personally, it was the perfect symbiosis of characters and talent. I will miss this relationship.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 11:50:37 PM »

I've neve heard a bad word about him other then from Stinson.? Huh

Well, Tommy is Axl's lap dog, isn't he? hihi If Axl told Tommy to go eat a Big Mac, not only would he do it, but he would dress up like Ronald Mcdonald while eating the big Mac. rofl

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2006, 12:00:53 AM »

peace.

Ever think that maybe he was hard to work with the guys in guns? I mean most of the guys bucket has worked with arent really the same type of people that is in guns. And he did demand that a chicken coup be built in the studio for him afterall. Doesn't that seem weird to you? I know if I was Tommy I'd be thinking this guy is a fuckin nut job.

Ummm, if Axl Rose is your lead singer, I would think eccentric behavior would be embraced, not frowned upon.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 12:16:55 AM »

peace.

Ummm, if Axl Rose is your lead singer, I would think eccentric behavior would be embraced, not frowned upon.

Uh were talking about Tommy not Axl. We all know Axl loved bucket and did whatever he could to keep him in the band. But the fact remains the other members of the band didn't like/get along with the bucket. After all him and Robin couldn't even be in the same room together most of the time because they would tear each other apart if they were.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 12:49:58 AM »

peace.

Uh were talking about Tommy not Axl. We all know Axl loved bucket and did whatever he could to keep him in the band. But the fact remains the other members of the band didn't like/get along with the bucket. After all him and Robin couldn't even be in the same room together most of the time because they would tear each other apart if they were.

I would have to know specifically what the problems were in order to take a side.  But this issues, if they are what I think they are, probably should have been anticipated.

RichardNixon
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »

Did Robin and Bucket really not like each other? Or is that just a rumor?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2006, 01:00:41 AM »

Did Robin and Bucket really not like each other? Or is that just a rumor?
Bucket is a KFC man, while Robin is a Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits man. Their personalities had to clash, for obvious reasons. hihi

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2006, 11:15:09 AM »

im sick of nesquick saying the same thing....
but im so sure when cd drops you will love all the songs and in these songs Bh will have credit...
BH is great player and writer... one of the best in last 15 years, maybe you wont hear him in cd as a guitar player (i doubt it he will appear cuz he rules), but he was a seminal part of the writing in the project so after all you will hear his ideas...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »

peace

isn?t the topic "gnr" kinda banned at buckethead.tk?

(i doubt it he will appear cuz he rules),
   wtf?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2006, 01:17:02 PM »

I think the million-dollar question is still:

"When is 'Chinese Democracy' coming out?"

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2006, 01:20:58 PM »

My question is how can they not be there.. I don't think axl could do what he planned without him..
rofl
nice joke!? ok
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 01:26:41 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: