Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:06:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead's contributions - will they be on CD?  (Read 24748 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2006, 01:28:29 PM »

isn?t the topic "gnr" kinda banned at buckethead.tk?

I doubt it since the admin of the site is saying that.

I guess you thought of the bucketheadland com. Wink

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2006, 01:35:22 PM »

Like the rest of us I havent heard a single note.

but it wiould make sense to keep some of Buckets better stuff on there & let Fortus & finck re record some of BHs solos that sound out of place. From the live stuff Ive heard from 01 and 02 sometimes Bucket really brings a song to the next level, and sometimes it just doesnt fit with the rest of the song. List him as a guest musician & be done with it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2006, 01:36:55 PM »

My question is how can they not be there.. I don't think axl could do what he planned without him..
rofl
nice joke!  ok

Laugh all you want but he couldnt play RIR4 without him. What does that say about his confidence in Finck and Fortus?

Axl seems to really want a 3 guitar lineup , be it buckethead or someone else as that 3rd player. It's kinda obvious. And you can bash Buckethead all you like to the point of annoyance , but the fact remains to anyone with open eye's and ears that Buckethead is worlds apart from a robin finck or a richard fortus in terms of guitar playing.

And between Fortus and Finck , Fortus seems like the obviously better player. IMHO Robin is the true weak link of new GNR , just trailing behind Pittman.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2006, 01:48:27 PM »

My question is how can they not be there.. I don't think axl could do what he planned without him..
rofl
nice joke!? ok

Laugh all you want but he couldnt play RIR4 without him. What does that say about his confidence in Finck and Fortus?

Axl seems to really want a 3 guitar lineup , be it buckethead or someone else as that 3rd player. It's kinda obvious. And you can bash Buckethead all you like to the point of annoyance , but the fact remains to anyone with open eye's and ears that Buckethead is worlds apart from a robin finck or a richard fortus in terms of guitar playing.

And between Fortus and Finck , Fortus seems like the obviously better player. IMHO Robin is the true weak link of new GNR , just trailing behind Pittman.

well i agree with you about rir4, but axl neither wants a 3 guitar line up at this point ( it seems so, but we`ll see what happens ok  perhaps he wants bucket back,  but bucket doesn`t...), nor is robin the weak line of gnr. i think robin was a very essential part of the song writing.

From the live stuff Ive heard from 01 and 02 sometimes Bucket really brings a song to the next level, and sometimes it just doesnt fit with the rest of the song.

his chidem solo sucked REALLY ( in most cases...)

List him as a guest musician & be done with it.
beer

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2006, 01:52:50 PM »

well i agree with you about rir4, but axl neither wants a 3 guitar line up at this point ( it seems so, but we`ll see what happens ok  perhaps he wants bucket back,  but bucket doesn`t...),

I wouldnt be so sure , Richard recently commented that even he wasnt sure what was gunna happen with the sharing of "leads" live because there may be a 3rd guitarist added. As for Bucket , Axl probably wishes he never let him go , but I'm sure Bucket is glad he;s out and you wont see him back. There isnt a leatherface doll rare enough for him to rejoin the madness I dont think. (anythings possible I guess)

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2006, 01:56:35 PM »

As much as I love BH, I can't imagine him in GNR without Robin.

A band is a team. Music is harmony.

Being asked an advice for the younger generation of musicians,
J P J said
"Think not just how you should sound... but how the band should sound and work towards that."

Why should you side against a part so much.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2006, 01:59:24 PM »

It's a fascinating conundrum. Buckethead was an integral part of New GN'R; probably the only member of the new band that had comparable image recognition to Slash (try looking at silhouettes of the band members old and new; which ones are instantly recognizable to someone who isn't a full-time GN'R fan? Bucket N' Slash...), an essential element of the band's sound, and far and away the most technically accomplished musician in the group. Now, whether or not you like the guy, you can't really argue with that.

With the best will in the world, I don't think Finck or Fortus are capable of playing Buckethead's parts (like, say, the Nightrain outro), but equally, getting a new guitarist would mean a lot of hassle, rehearsals and the like. Then there's the question of whether the new guy would rework Bucket's parts on the album, or just play them live (which is a bit insulting to the new guy, and doesn't make him feel like part of the band). I'd like to see an answer one way or the other, because they can't realistically talk about releasing the album or touring until they've settled this question...

SG
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2006, 02:09:36 PM »

It's a fascinating conundrum. Buckethead was an integral part of New GN'R; probably the only member of the new band that had comparable image recognition to Slash (try looking at silhouettes of the band members old and new; which ones are instantly recognizable to someone who isn't a full-time GN'R fan? Bucket N' Slash...), an essential element of the band's sound, and far and away the most technically accomplished musician in the group. Now, whether or not you like the guy, you can't really argue with that.

Bravo!!!!  ok

With the best will in the world, I don't think Finck or Fortus are capable of playing Buckethead's parts (like, say, the Nightrain outro), but equally, getting a new guitarist would mean a lot of hassle, rehearsals and the like. Then there's the question of whether the new guy would rework Bucket's parts on the album, or just play them live (which is a bit insulting to the new guy, and doesn't make him feel like part of the band). I'd like to see an answer one way or the other, because they can't realistically talk about releasing the album or touring until they've settled this question...

SG

If a new guy had to play Bucketheads parts live then so be it. I'm sure he would be made well aware of that before accepting the gig. The band had to go out in 2002 and play slash & co. parts right? Damn well sure they will have to again on any new tours.

And I agree that Fortus or Finck just are NOT capable of playing anything that Buckethead records in which he puts his technical side into. Common blues phrases and simple pentatonic shit , sure ... but once we get into blistering chromatics and 8 finger tapping and wide stretch intervals , those guys just dont have the chops , hell there arent too many players the world over that does have his chops and utter mastery of the guitar.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2006, 02:29:33 PM »

From the live stuff Ive heard from 01 and 02 sometimes Bucket really brings a song to the next level, and sometimes it just doesnt fit with the rest of the song.

his chidem solo sucked REALLY ( in most cases...)

almost all his own solo on the new songs trully sucked. That was weird, he did a massacre of Ryhad and The bedouins. I think it's a great song, but then you've got this bizaroide buckethead's solos, and the songs turns to shit. It sounds like a martian is playing, not a human beeing. Same for the song "Chinese Democracy", his solo is all but melodious. It's all you want, but it's not what I would calla melodic guitar solo. It's like a bizare noise, like E.T or fucking Rozwell picking up a guitar, but it's not human guitar solos. It's like a robot. I don't know what's his goal. I don't know why he voluntary did a massacre of the word "melody".

You kno what's a really good guitar player? It's a guy who can blow you away with just one note. Not 10 thousands, just one. The right note at the ryght time in the right song. Something terrific. Let me tell you that's "something" Buckethead is unable to do. That's why he never were famous, still is not famous, and probably never will. He is not able to thrill people. He just doesn't have "it". End of story.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 02:34:19 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jonathan
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2006, 02:33:54 PM »

Uhm.. Isn't it Robin Finck that plays the Chinese Democracy solo?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2006, 02:35:09 PM »

The first part is ok (hight notes), it's Robin and it's ok, then in a second part, Buckethead plays it...and it's a massacre.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jonathan
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2006, 02:37:26 PM »

Sorry, my bad.

They did that a few times on the 2002 tour, but is it really that bad?

Well, I don't think so, but everyone have their own opinion.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2006, 02:41:54 PM »

The first part is ok (hight notes), it's Robin and it's ok, then in a second part, Buckethead plays it...and it's a massacre.

the first part is imo one of your "right note at the right time in the right song" experiences ok   

the second part isn?t necessarily bad....it just doesn?t fit

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2006, 02:49:11 PM »

My opinion: Hope not.. It's not because Buckethead is Buckethead, but I think that it's not a good idea to keep his parts on CD since he left the group.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2006, 02:58:19 PM »

And I agree that Fortus or Finck just are NOT capable of playing anything that Buckethead records in which he puts his technical side into. Common blues phrases and simple pentatonic shit , sure ... but once we get into blistering chromatics and 8 finger tapping and wide stretch intervals , those guys just dont have the chops , hell there arent too many players the world over that does have his chops and utter mastery of the guitar.
Well, like Dizzy said before, there's like 2 or 3 versions of each song. I'm sure some of the Buckethead's solo can be replaced by Richard or Robin... Even if Bucket parts would still make it on the album (wich I trully hope), they could play the solos with their own style (like they did with some of the Slash solos).

Afterall, blistering chromatics and 8 finger tapping and wide stretch interval are not needed in every song. I guess we will not see that much on the album anyways.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2006, 03:59:34 PM »

My guess is that BH is so prolific that he must have recorded something they just can't live without.

I have a sneaking suspicion that will be proven correct as well. Buckethead must have layed down at least one track or solo that is just beyond impressive that Axl must be hell bent to keep.

I have no idea if Buckethead's work will stay on the album completely, or just select works..but if he's been scrapped. it's been done quickly if onely 6 songs remain to be completed.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2006, 04:28:37 PM »

Good find, Saul. But you know what still puzzles me about this? Everytime someone hears something from the album, there's never any vocals. Does Axl only hand out instrumentals for people to listen to? Or is it something more sinister? hihi

Well it was a couple years ago though and I think the band pretty much recorded most of the material without hearing any vocals beforehand , maybe if lucky sometimes a "scratch" vocal just to get a sence of the melody.

But what I like about Syd's quote is that it shows Buckethead could , can and will sometimes play in a different style to suit the song.? ok

And he really hit the nail on the head when saying buckethead has worked with dozens of bands and I've neve heard a bad word about him other then from Stinson.  Huh

peace.

I think Ozzy had a few comments about Bucket last year when they tried to collaborate... hihi

anyway, i think buckets parts will be on the album, why? well the guy is a one of a kind guitar player with hundred times more caracter than fink or fortus combined and to drop his awsome work because he's not in the band anymore is just stupid. he can have his parts there just like brian may can or shaq or whatever axl thinks sound cool...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2006, 05:00:51 PM »

To answer the million dollar question... I really hope not. I, personally, never felt that Buckethead's playing contributed anything positive to GN'R's "new" sound. I was quite relieved when he left the band and I think they're a better band for it.

I believe that Finck and Fortus are more than capable of handling all guitar duties on Chinese Democracy and I am hoping they will replace any creative parts made and played by Buckethead.
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2006, 05:34:22 PM »

You kno what's a really good guitar player? It's a guy who can blow you away with just one note. Not 10 thousands, just one. The right note at the ryght time in the right song. Something terrific. Let me tell you that's "something" Buckethead is unable to do. That's why he never were famous, still is not famous, and probably never will. He is not able to thrill people. He just doesn't have "it". End of story.

You are so right. One day my wish is that Buckethead will become the prolific writer robin is , record as many albums as robin , tour as much as robin , become as well known as robin and work with as many people robin has.

Robn Finck , the greatest unknown of all time.  ok

Btw , have you ever heard the albums colma and/or electric tears? I only ask cause your talking about slow melodic playing , as if it's something Bucket is incapable of. Really though , have you heard anything off either of these albums? I dont usually make a point of asking someone to go steal Buckets music but since you wouldnt actually buy either album I beg you to go download some tracks off either album , electric tear or colma , then come back and say Buckethead cant play in a slow melodic way.

LMFAO.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2006, 05:44:37 PM »

I wish there was a topic about Buckethead without dissing Robin. no

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: