Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does the success or failure of Angel Down have any impact on Axl and CD?  (Read 13944 times)
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2007, 05:35:34 PM »

the record flopped..case closed....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2007, 05:37:25 PM »

the record flopped..case closed....

You're fucking boring.

First you beg me to let you back on the board and then you just troll every thread mentioning Sebastian.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »

Failure?

I don't think Baz himself was expecting a Top 10 debut....

Compare how the big albums are promoted to Baz talking about his album on rock radio and you'll see the difference.

I don't think it's a coincidence you started this thread. Your past posts in threads mentioning the name Sebastian Bach says it all.

/jarmo

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Chart positions and units solds are not an acurate reflection of an album being a success or failure. I'm sure Baz was very happy with what he made and rightly so from what I have heard. If he is happy than FUCK what people say, he is happy and that's all that matters in my humble opinion.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2007, 08:24:21 PM »

Baz should be happy.  He made a kickass album, and he's got Axl Fucking Rose on it.  peace  I'm sure it will pick up and do better.  It was mentioned on the radio here in LV today and they mentioned Axl being on it.   I wish they'd play some of it so people could hear it.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2007, 08:41:54 PM »

this isnt' a pop album. Baz didn't even have a strong marketing machine behind the cd... no to mention this would be a pain in the ass to promote, because so little people would actually be a target for this kind of music.

All in all it's a great cd, i love Skid Row ( with Baz), but i had the bring bach dvd wich was very disapointing. this is a great cd, a step up in his carrear. and he can show everyone he can write great tunes as well.

i Love by your side, the cd is filled with great songs.

Thank you baz for delievering great music!

Chinese Democracy!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2007, 05:10:22 PM »

I agree this is a very strong record...its just the name sebastian bach is not very marketable...you put this same album out under the Skid Row name it lands in the top 40 first week....at the very least...that is with Bach singing in Skid Row....skid row has run their name into the ground in recent years with that talentless waste on vocals
Chief
Legend

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2007, 05:14:20 PM »

I think his album will do better when he goes out on tour to promote / support it.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2007, 06:56:08 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been said before or not but here's some info from my own personal experience from the UK:

1. HMV and Virgin in Newcastle aren't even stocking this record, and when I asked in the stores if they could check it on their systems the computers didn't even have it listed... and the computers list both already released and any upcoming records. From what the worker in the store was saying to me this means that they are never going to stock this CD. This meant that I had no option but to buy the album on iTunes UK.

2. iTunes - it lists how popular a song is - the songs that have Axl singing on them were listed at maximum popularity whereas the rest of the album was very low popularity... so peo are obviously only buying the songs they want to hear. This will therefore effect the number of "album" sales.

3. I live in the UK and I only know about this album because I am a rock music fan, check the websites regularly (like this one) and listen to Talkng Metal etc. If I didn't do this I can honestly say that I have seen absolutely no promotion for this album in the UK whatsoever.

I realise that things might be different in the USA but that is my insight into all of this. I don't think that this will affect the release of CD... I think Axl sang on the songs because he is mates with Sebastian and did it for enjoyment, not some structured plan to build towards the release of CD which we have already been told is now in the hands of management, not Axl or the band.

beer

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2007, 12:12:25 AM »

I recently downloaded the album and I have to say I was very surprised how much I liked it.  Reminded me a lot of the "slave to The grind" era SK. 

That said, the album's failure (yes, 6000 units sold is a failure by any standards) should not AND definitely is not Seb's fault nor Axl's.  The promotion behind the album was horrible.  Unless you read the internet religiously (and only the metal sites) you wouldn't know this album is coming out.  I have friends that were huge Skid Row fans in the day and were shocked to here about the release of the album.   they didn't hear about it until I played it for them!  Metacritic.com which compiles all the reviews for all album releases doesn't even have the album listed.  And itunes not only didn't list it in the "hot new albums of the week"...they didn't list it in the "hot NEW albums of the week."

No promotion = no album sales (just ask Limp Bizkit)

Also, I noticed on the internet...there was quite a bit of negative comments from all the "nay-sayers."  A lot of people who probably didn't listen to the album or ever like Skid Row or Axl...were bashing the album weeks before its arrival.

But the promotion for the album isn't the only issue, the distribution was non-existent.  I went to two Best Buys, a Frye's, and a Target...and not one of them had the album for sale.  This album should have been front and center at all the stores with a giant sticker that read "FEATURING AXL ROSE."  I ended up downloading it from the new MP3 store at amazon (which was cool).

I would be very interested to see how the individual songs are selling.  All the Axl tracks are doing great on itunes.

So does this mean bad things for Axl and CD?  No.  Without promotion...no one knows about the album.  So no one knows about its poor showing either.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2007, 01:18:18 AM »

I had no idea this album was out until I read a thread about it on here...

I still have yet to listen to it.

:/

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2007, 08:59:59 AM »

M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold said it best a couple of weeks ago after Avenged Sevenfold made a huge debut on the charts at number 4..."record sales mean shit these days...nobody buys fucking cd's anymore."  its true, nobody buys cds anymore except for the hardcore fan who wants all the artwork....Most people went on itunes downloaded the 3 axl songs and called it a day...which is sad because it really is a great record
Hoosizzit
Opening Act

Here Today...Hopefully Tomorrow

« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2007, 09:11:45 AM »

I'm not sure if this has been said before or not but here's some info from my own personal experience from the UK:

1. HMV and Virgin in Newcastle aren't even stocking this record, and when I asked in the stores if they could check it on their systems the computers didn't even have it listed... and the computers list both already released and any upcoming records. From what the worker in the store was saying to me this means that they are never going to stock this CD. This meant that I had no option but to buy the album on iTunes UK.

2. iTunes - it lists how popular a song is - the songs that have Axl singing on them were listed at maximum popularity whereas the rest of the album was very low popularity... so peo are obviously only buying the songs they want to hear. This will therefore effect the number of "album" sales.

3. I live in the UK and I only know about this album because I am a rock music fan, check the websites regularly (like this one) and listen to Talkng Metal etc. If I didn't do this I can honestly say that I have seen absolutely no promotion for this album in the UK whatsoever.

I realise that things might be different in the USA but that is my insight into all of this. I don't think that this will affect the release of CD... I think Axl sang on the songs because he is mates with Sebastian and did it for enjoyment, not some structured plan to build towards the release of CD which we have already been told is now in the hands of management, not Axl or the band.

beer

People can't buy it, if it is not on shelves.   In my area I have checked Best Buy....Circuit City....Meijer....Target....Karma Records....even tried Wally-World.   None of them have Bach's CD.     Not everyone buys music online,  I don't or won't.  I do believe sales would be much stronger if availability were a little stronger.  Is this a problem in other areas??..anyone.

August 2 1988      Indianapolis, IN
May 29 1991        Noblesville, IN
December 2 2011 Cincinnati, OH
December 8 2011  Indianapolis, IN
June 4  2014         Las Vegas, NV
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2007, 11:31:04 AM »

i'll buy it when i see in stores Smiley

i can't get by your side off my head! such a great track. i can def relate to that song.

now all i have to do is catch sebastian live...

Chinese Democracy!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »

This was a tough sell-I'm not sure how much of a fanbase Skid Row or Sebastian Bach has right now-I thought there would be some interest because of the VH1 show and because Sebastian is in the media a lot, but people have to realize the record industry is dying a slow death-I don't think this has anything to do with how Chinese Democracy will do-Axl and the record company have to pick a great first single, otherwise it can kill a record (see Velvet Revovler).

libertad
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: