Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sebastian Bach on Axl Rose - "Axl is like a one man Led Zepplin"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sebastian Bach on Axl Rose - "Axl is like a one man Led Zepplin"  (Read 28650 times)
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: November 13, 2007, 12:08:58 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=84731

Jesse Capps of RockConfidential.com recently conducted an interview with former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

RockConfidential.com: It's been a few years since we've got to hear a true Sebastian Bach CD. It's got to feel good knowing that "Angel Down" is just around the corner.

Bach: "Absolutely! I've been working on 'Angel Down' for seven years. I did a record in 2005 that was under the radar called 'Absence of Apathy' for a project called FRAMESHIFT II. The first FRAMESHIFT project featured James LaBrie from DREAM THEATER. It's progressive metal and it may as well have been called a Sebastian Bach record. I co-wrote seven songs on that record. Metal Edge named it one of the top metal records of 2005. 'Angel Down' is more what you'd expect from me. It's hard-ass rock that is fun and real energetic. If you dig metal screams you will definitely dig 'Angel Down'! I made sure there were lots of screams on the record."

RockConfidential.com: Since you spent seven years working on "Angel Down", what's the oldest track on the record?

Bach: "The oldest track is the last track that I wrote with Desmond Child, 'Falling Into You'. Funnily enough, that was 100% Jason Flom again. When I was in the 'Jekyll and Hyde' musical, the big show stopper song was 'This Is The Moment'. It's a soaring, long, clear ballad kinda along the lines of 'I Remember You'. Jason came backstage and told me he wanted me to write a song with Desmond Child. I said, 'Killer! Do it!' Atlantic Records sent me down to Desmond's house. I stood there in front of the piano and we both wrote 'Falling Into You'. It's the first piano ballad that I've ever had on the record. There's a lot of ear candy on the record, too. There are things you won't hear until you hear it 20 fucking times! There's stuff buried back in the mix and I dig shit like that."

RockConfidential.com: You [and Axl Rose] are like partners in crime. You went out on the road together, you got him in the studio. I guess you have a good time with Axl.

Bach: "I spent a better part of a year on the road with him getting fucking crazy! Axl is like a one-man LED ZEPPELIN. You wanna talk about partying 'til 2PM the next afternoon and showing people how it's done! This motherfucker is like Jack Nicholson on the microphone. I don't even know what the fuck that means! We had AVENGED SEVENFOLD out with us and they're a great band. We were in Europe. We'd do a show at the arena and Axl would go on around midnight. Then he'd go and rent out a club starting at like 5AM every fucking day! I don't know how he found those places! I was like, 'Where the fuck are we going to go at 5AM in Prague, Czechoslovakia?' Sure enough, he gets a club as the sun is coming up and our buses roll in. We stumble up these stairs as the sun is shining in and he says, 'Time to start the party!' I can't even begin to describe that tour. The AVENGED SEVENFOLD guys did their best, bless their hearts. They're a little younger than us! The drummer was the last one standing in that band and he's a fucking alcoholic! He reminded me a lot of Duff McKagan from the 'Use Your Illusion' tour. The way he walked, talked and the way he slurred every other word. I love the guy!"

Read the entire interview at RockConfidential.com.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »

We'd do a show at the arena and Axl would go on around midnight. Then he'd go and rent out a club starting at like 5AM every fucking day! I don't know how he found those places! I was like, 'Where the fuck are we going to go at 5AM in Prague, Czechoslovakia?' Sure enough, he gets a club as the sun is coming up and our buses roll in. We stumble up these stairs as the sun is shining in and he says, 'Time to start the party!' I can't even begin to describe that tour. The AVENGED SEVENFOLD guys did their best, bless their hearts. They're a little younger than us!

Now, I am younger than Axl and there is no freakin way in the world I could start partying at 5 AM. Chances are they were already partying and just continued to party. I wonder how he does it? Even with the rush from the show, eventually you come down and usually dead tired. Party on Axl! Wish I had your stamina.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 03:48:12 PM »

Why do you think he goes on at midnight?  That's how he does it.  He sleeps up until a half hour before stage time. hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 04:41:56 PM »

someone tell Baz its not 1987 on the sunset strip anymore
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 06:16:23 PM »

Why do you think he goes on at midnight? That's how he does it. He sleeps up until a half hour before stage time. hihi

Funny, but actually probably true. 
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 06:28:43 PM »

"This motherfucker is like Jack Nicholson on the microphone. I don't even know what the fuck that means"

Haha. Baz is so fucking funny. I was thinking "dude what is he talking about?" and then, lol, he admits he has no idea either. Lol. He's so funny!

gnrevolution.com
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 07:14:50 PM »

someone tell Baz its not 1987 on the sunset strip anymore

What kinda comment's that? He's just describing the partying the band did, and he happens to be really enthusiastic about it, because it's Sebastian fucking Bach. It's the way he is dude. Where the fuck do you party? Starbucks?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 07:24:51 PM »

He most likely doesn't wake up until 7-8 pm.  But that's just my guess.

So he was asleep all those times when I've seen him on stage at 7 or 8PM?

Not to mention the fact that you first have to transport yourself to the venue somehow.....

I guess you'll explain it with "sleep walking".  hihi

I'd say your guess is wrong.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »

No, but I would guess that he sleeps till 4 or 5pm many times.  If your party starts at 5am and you've also been known to be a night owl and even do some recording in your studio all night long till around 8am or so.  I think it's a safe bet to say that he is on a different time table than the average person.  Nothing wrong with that at all either, I'm just saying, that is how he can party at 5am. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »

He most likely doesn't wake up until 7-8 pm.? But that's just my guess.

So he was asleep all those times when I've seen him on stage at 7 or 8PM?

Not to mention the fact that you first have to transport yourself to the venue somehow.....

I guess you'll explain it with "sleep walking".? hihi

I'd say your guess is wrong.

/jarmo

Thanks for setting the record straight Jarmo.  We can't allow the preposterous accusations to be circulated.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 08:26:54 PM »

Thanks for setting the record straight Jarmo.  We can't allow the preposterous accusations to be circulated.

Are you gonna guess when Axl sleeps too, funny guy?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
moons
Banned
Headliner

Charlie Don't Surf

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 08:43:40 PM »

you saw axl onstage at 7pm? you can't honestly assert that that is normal or even close to normal. that has probably happened once or twice, most likely as a result of jetlag and axl being confused as to what time it was, or, perhaps, a venue curfew

Big Gulps, huh? Well...see ya later.
-Dumb and Dumber
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 08:49:15 PM »

you saw axl onstage at 7pm? you can't honestly assert that that is normal or even close to normal. that has probably happened once or twice, most likely as a result of jetlag and axl being confused as to what time it was, or, perhaps, a venue curfew

It happened at every show in Japan. Five times!

They were also on at around 8PM at some shows in Europe in 2006.

I personally saw them in Dublin and at Download when this happened. In fact, I believe they went on before the announced time at Download. 

So next time you went to be in bed by 11PM, go see them in Japan.  ok

/jarmo

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 09:06:21 PM »

indeed they were on 10 minutes early at donnington, forcing the previous band to finish their set early.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »

Thanks for setting the record straight Jarmo.? We can't allow the preposterous accusations to be circulated.

Are you gonna guess when Axl sleeps too, funny guy?? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I would never pretend to be Axl's lap dog.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 09:24:05 PM »

Are you gonna guess when Axl sleeps too, funny guy?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

I would never pretend to be Axl's lap dog.

I didn't ask you what you would pretend now did I?

I really don't care what you like to pretend to be. And neither does the rest of the board. I'm sure they have other sites for that though.

So take it somewhere else.

/jarmo

jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 10:17:02 PM »

Listen, I like Baz's enthusiasm for music...and I dig that he seems to have gotten Axl to be out and about again but its enough with the whole 'we party til 5am and we drink etc etc' in every single interview.....Baz wished it was 1986 on the sunset strip in his leather pants and hairspray all over again.....the whole party like a rockstar stay up all night, sex drugs rock and roll, motley crue, motorcycle riding, leather pants rock star shit died out in 1989 when bands like faith no more, nirvana, pantera and the chili peppers killed it...and no matter what Baz tries to do it will never come back....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 10:19:03 PM »

Well, I suppose if they are out partying all night, then it never went away.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 10:26:34 PM »

lots of people drink and party till 5am quite often.. its not that uncommon. you should try it sometime, its fun.  beer

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 10:27:03 PM »

So what you're saying is Bach should've started hating his life and stopped partying because of Nirvana?  Very cool way of thinking  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: