Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 233327 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #1300 on: November 20, 2007, 03:19:46 PM »

I am impressed that the album is selling out, even if shipments have been small. This is promising for Bach, he would have known what his distribution numbers were gonna be before release and I am sure he will be please to know they record lable had underestimated sales.

This looks good on Axl as well.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:21:38 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #1301 on: November 20, 2007, 03:44:03 PM »

I am impressed that the album is selling out, even if shipments have been small. This is promising for Bach, he would have known what his distribution numbers were gonna be before release and I am sure he will be please to know they record lable had underestimated sales.

This looks good on Axl as well.

ok  You are right.  In three of the four stores I went to today the clerks told me I was not the first person looking for the CD.  The city I live in has a population of about 90,000 which I know is not huge but evidently the label chose not to not send any CDs here which cost them...and Bach.

It don't really matter...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1302 on: November 20, 2007, 03:48:57 PM »

Just picked mine up...I can say that I bought half of all of the copies at my Target. hihi

It has a sticker on the front "FEATURING GUEST VOCALS BY AXL ROSE". ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1303 on: November 20, 2007, 03:57:45 PM »

I went to my Target which is a pretty big one here in NY and they didn't have it, I was really surprised.  They didn't even have a spot for it so it wasn't sold out or anything.

I got a copy at Borders in NNJ and they only had 2 copies there and they were just mixed on the rack, not even in the new release section, I had to move some stuff around to even find it because it wasn't in front.

Listened to it on the way home and it really kicks ass!  I hope they get more copies out there!
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1304 on: November 20, 2007, 04:18:54 PM »

As far as I know, it won't be released in Europe (only as an import).

November 28th in Sweden and Finland according to EMI.

/jarmo

Huh

picked my copy up today from a record store here in Helsinki... wasn't an import or anything, was cheap too (13,90e)...

pretty good album too  ok

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1305 on: November 20, 2007, 04:26:09 PM »

I found out today that it's not released everywhere today in the US as well.? Where I live - Circuit City, Best Buy, FYE, and Target were not shipped the CD.? There are a couple of other Mom and POP stores I have not checked as well as Wal-Mart but I'm sure they do not have it either.

A clerk at one of the stores I went to told me that only "major" releases are shipped nation wide and "smaller" releases do not go to every market area.? She went on to tell me that if Angel Down does well where it has been released, it would be available at some time in most stores in the US.

I do not know if she knows what she was talking about but it does somewhat seem reasonable to me.

I guess some of us will have to purchase it online if we want it sooner than later.

I went to Newbury Comics (they sell music) in downtown Boston today around 1:30pm to buy the CD and they said it was sold out.? The manager told me to call before I leave work to see if they get some more in their second shipment of the day.

I went to Newbury Comics in Natick, MA ( I called first, they said they had 4) when I got there they had 2 left, now just one :-)

I like what I hear so far - I've only sampled two tracks, but I plan on listening to the entire album tonight.

EDIT - BTW - it was on sale for $9.99 from $12.99

Wake up. . . .time to die
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1306 on: November 20, 2007, 05:21:18 PM »

I downloaded mine from Amazon earlier today and I'm loving it so far.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1307 on: November 20, 2007, 05:31:49 PM »

this is a solid effort from Baz. there are some catchy songs, and alot of really heavy stuff. definitely a CD i'll be listening to alot. i'm really happy for Baz - you can tell he's proud of this album, and he should be.

the three songs with Axl are my favs, along with Negative Light.

Axl sounds awesome.

the FYE store i went to said they received 5 copies and had put an order in for more since they all sold out. and the guy mentioned that a few people asked him for it as well.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #1308 on: November 20, 2007, 06:29:31 PM »

As far as I know, it won't be released in Europe (only as an import).

November 28th in Sweden and Finland according to EMI.

/jarmo

Huh

picked my copy up today from a record store here in Helsinki... wasn't an import or anything, was cheap too (13,90e)...

pretty good album too? ok

WTF... I shoulda known they'd sell it somewhere even though they said Nov 28! I only went to ONE record store, thinking that if it isn't there, it's probably not been released here today...! I'm so going back tomorrow! Angry  Cheesy
Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1309 on: November 20, 2007, 07:01:45 PM »

nervous

We're noticing a stocking issue where stores are selling out.
We need to know the store, store number if you can get it, city and state where you are having any problems finding the record.

Not a bad problem to have, but a problem nonetheless.
Thanks

This is notice from the record company's    Shocked

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:04:08 PM by Acekicken » Logged
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1310 on: November 20, 2007, 07:06:34 PM »

And where are we supposed to report this information (store number, etc.) to, exactly?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1311 on: November 20, 2007, 07:21:52 PM »

I am fucking pumped and I haven't even heard the album yet!  I just got back from picking up the last 2 at the Dover, Delaware Target store...(one for my bro-in-law, Christmas is coming early for him Smiley )

Once the kids are tucked in, Daddy gets to rock out.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1312 on: November 20, 2007, 07:32:28 PM »

This is the pic with Axl in it that's included on the poster.  (The poster is in lieu of a booklet)

I believe the gentleman in the "insert" pic is Baz's dad whose painting was used as the cover artwork.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1313 on: November 20, 2007, 07:39:51 PM »

And where are we supposed to report this information (store number, etc.) to, exactly?

http://www.merovingianmusic.com/

info@merovingianmusic.com

That is the record company.
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1314 on: November 20, 2007, 07:40:01 PM »

Well this just fuckin sucks I went out today in search of bas's album . The first store was hm fuckin v they said they did'nt have it maybe later in the day(they did'nt) I ended up at sunrise records only for them to tell me it's not released until the 27th.What in the fuck is going on here I'm totaly pissed.Has anyone else run into this problem.by the way I live in Ontario Canada.Can someone from Ontario help me maybe these guys are just dumb and bas's album is out there somewhere right now.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1315 on: November 20, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »

In case anyone is having trouble finding it on iTunes, it's there.  For some reason, it's listed under SAbastian Back, rather than SEbastian Bach.

Pretty poor to misspell his name like that...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1316 on: November 20, 2007, 07:46:18 PM »

In case anyone is having trouble finding it on iTunes, it's there.? For some reason, it's listed under SAbastian Back, rather than SEbastian Bach.

Wow, that sucks-is there a way to report that?  He could be losing sales by people not being able to find it.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #1317 on: November 20, 2007, 07:53:43 PM »

In case anyone is having trouble finding it on iTunes, it's there.? For some reason, it's listed under SAbastian Back, rather than SEbastian Bach.

Wow, that sucks-is there a way to report that?? He could be losing sales by people not being able to find it.

Exactly.? You can report it from somewhere on the iTunes Support page, but they don't make it very easy to find...you can't even find it under "Bitchslap," but that song title is misspelled as well:  "(Love is) A Btichslap."

Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:03:40 PM by bazgnr » Logged
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1318 on: November 20, 2007, 08:19:27 PM »

I got the cd today from J&R in NY.  My itunes player reads the cd as Johan Sebastian Bach!  Anyway, the cd is pretty heavy, definitely more like Subhuman Race then earlier Skid Row cds.  Its cool that Axl helped Bas on this. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Greener
Opening Act

Down, down, down.

« Reply #1319 on: November 20, 2007, 09:04:14 PM »

Well this just fuckin sucks I went out today in search of bas's album . The first store was hm fuckin v they said they did'nt have it maybe later in the day(they did'nt) I ended up at sunrise records only for them to tell me it's not released until the 27th.What in the fuck is going on here I'm totaly pissed.Has anyone else run into this problem.by the way I live in Ontario Canada.Can someone from Ontario help me maybe these guys are just dumb and bas's album is out there somewhere right now.

i am also from ontario and i went in search of this album and found nothing. your not alone. i'm pissed off! rant

Sometimes the only thing we counted on when no one else is there.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: