Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:10:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 233497 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1500 on: December 28, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »

Did Axl write all the lyrics of Stuck Inside? Or just the parts he sings?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1501 on: December 28, 2007, 06:23:14 PM »

I translated from Portuguese to English, so I apologize about the fuck ups...

It's nothing really new, but still may be cool. It's on Brazilian newspaper Estado de Sao Paulo. The whole article (in Portuguese) can be found on the source link.

The thing that brought more attention on Angel Down is your friend Axl Rose as guest. How that happened?

I spent a good part of last year opening to Guns N' Roses. At the 2006 Christimas, I made a party at my home, in Malibu, where Axl came to. While I was playing in a pinball, Axl put the much-talked about Chinese Democracy on stereo. When the track Sorry was played, I started to sing toghether and he got impressed. He soon invited me to go to New York to record. Soon after, I joked that I wanted him to be in my solo album. He told me "sure, where's the studio?" (laughs). I didn't believe, I went crazy. At the end, Axl recorded three tracks: Back in The Saddle (Aerosmith cover), (Love Is) A Bitchslap and Stuck Inside.

You're being called as Axl's spokeperson, since he doesn't talkt to the press. Don't you bother to have to talk for him in interviews?

I do think I am his spokeperson because he's on my album and I want people to buy it. This situation doesn't bother me and everything I can do is to answer the questions made by the press.

In a recent interview with Eagles of Death metal singer, he told me how working with Axl sucks because he's totally nuts. Is that true?

First, this guy from this band never worked with Axl, this is a joke. They opened a gig for Guns last year and the crowd booed and demanded them to leave the stage. He blamed Axl for this, stating that he didn't want the Eagles on the tour, but the reality is that the crowd sent them back home. I was there that night and I can tell that it's the true.

How's your relationship with Axl Rose?

We talk every day.

And what about Chinese Democracy? The album exist, is it gonna be out?

Axl has four albums finished. Maybe he release four at the same time. I love Chinese, it's a great album. It's epic like November Rain, but with the attitude and feel from Appetite For Destruction.

Source: http://www.estadao.com.br/arteelazer/not_art102113,0.htm
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 06:27:29 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1502 on: December 28, 2007, 06:46:59 PM »

Thanks for the translation. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1503 on: December 28, 2007, 07:22:20 PM »

cool interview!
So, we might see alot of new GNR material in the future! But i guess someone will find something to
complain about anyway!  hihi

Have been listening alot to Angel Down! Really cool album! Stuck inside the fav. at the moment! They are both amazing on that tune!!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1504 on: December 28, 2007, 09:40:23 PM »

Once again I am an idiot

I've been listening to "By Your Side" nonstop today and it is amazing!!!!!!!!

First couple times I didn't like it but I gave it another chance today and WOW!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1505 on: December 29, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »

From 411mania.com

Angel Down is chock full of good songs. It kicks off with the title track and ?You Don?t Understand?, two pounding rock tunes, before it settles into the meat of the album: the three Axl Rose cuts. The duet covers Aerosmith?s ?Back In The Saddle? with all the swagger and sex of the original, mustering a better vocal performance than even Steven Tyler can today. Yeah, it?s as good as you heard. ?Saddle? is followed by the album?s lead single, ?(Love Is) A Bitchslap?, a schoolboy cut of facemelting solos that somehow rises above its silly pretense.

Amazingly, Bach manages to follow-up those early Axl duets with his own material. ?American Metalhead? is the dip into nostalgia that so many were itching for, while cuts like ?Live & Die? and ?Our Love Is A Lie? bring more unadulterated power rock to the table.

The album closes with the Desmond Child co-written ballad ?Falling Into You?, a truly amazing track that reminds you how great Sebastian is at the slower songs. This album WILL leave you wanting to hear it again.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1506 on: December 29, 2007, 12:24:08 PM »

It's nothing really new,

Maybe he release four at the same time.

hey that's new.  please don't.   nervous we have piss poor digestion.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1507 on: December 29, 2007, 12:54:53 PM »

From 411mania.com

Angel Down is chock full of good songs. It kicks off with the title track and ?You Don?t Understand?, two pounding rock tunes, before it settles into the meat of the album: the three Axl Rose cuts. The duet covers Aerosmith?s ?Back In The Saddle? with all the swagger and sex of the original, mustering a better vocal performance than even Steven Tyler can today. Yeah, it?s as good as you heard. ?Saddle? is followed by the album?s lead single, ?(Love Is) A Bitchslap?, a schoolboy cut of facemelting solos that somehow rises above its silly pretense.

Amazingly, Bach manages to follow-up those early Axl duets with his own material. ?American Metalhead? is the dip into nostalgia that so many were itching for, while cuts like ?Live & Die? and ?Our Love Is A Lie? bring more unadulterated power rock to the table.

The album closes with the Desmond Child co-written ballad ?Falling Into You?, a truly amazing track that reminds you how great Sebastian is at the slower songs. This album WILL leave you wanting to hear it again.

great review, i agree with most of that.   Although I like By Your Side more than the closing track for a ballad.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1508 on: December 30, 2007, 03:42:29 AM »

It's nothing really new,

Maybe he release four at the same time.

hey that's new.  please don't.   nervous we have piss poor digestion.
Yeah, I know it's kinda new, but somehow I don't think Bach really said that because he knows something about the release plan, I guess he just made a guess. Tongue

OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1509 on: December 30, 2007, 12:57:07 PM »

After only hearing the 3 songs Axl is on, I can honestly say I dont care much for Bach's style. He has a great voice, but the songs(esp. stuck inside) do nothing for me, except when Axl sings. When Axl comes in on Stuck Inside and sings something like " I know your feelings changed",  that kicked ass, some weird notes I dont remember him singing often
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1510 on: December 30, 2007, 01:13:03 PM »

After only hearing the 3 songs Axl is on, I can honestly say I dont care much for Bach's style. He has a great voice, but the songs(esp. stuck inside) do nothing for me, except when Axl sings. When Axl comes in on Stuck Inside and sings something like " I know your feelings changed",? that kicked ass, some weird notes I dont remember him singing often
Try giving "You Don't Understand" a shot.  That's probably my favorite track on the CD without Axl.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1511 on: December 30, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »

Ill check that one out
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1512 on: December 30, 2007, 02:02:09 PM »

I'm guessing just the part he sang. Bach performed it alot on the last tour and it was all the same except the new part Axl added.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
misfitx77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1513 on: December 30, 2007, 06:51:16 PM »

I'd sure like to hear this album.   Grin
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1514 on: December 31, 2007, 06:47:06 AM »

I'd sure like to hear this album.   Grin

Thank god it's available for purchase pretty much everywhere then!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GeraldFord
« Reply #1515 on: December 31, 2007, 09:25:54 AM »

Thought it was a great album!

Much better than the shit Skid Row released with Solinger.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1516 on: December 31, 2007, 10:16:37 AM »

Especially the Jingle Bells cover they did with him.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1517 on: December 31, 2007, 12:56:06 PM »

Thought it was a great album!

Much better than the shit Skid Row released with Solinger.
Yeah skid row is a joke now. I guess from what I have heard of Angel Down its way better than skid row is now
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1518 on: December 31, 2007, 12:58:36 PM »

I'm guessing just the part he sang. Bach performed it alot on the last tour and it was all the same except the new part Axl added.

Yeah, didn't Axl even say something to the effect of "even though it was only a few lines"Huh
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1519 on: December 31, 2007, 02:18:02 PM »

So did Axl write the

1,2,3,4,5,6 I give*not sure what he says there* away my time all my life is empty now i said its over................................ thats my fav part

Or did he just write

I know your feelings have changed

Peeling the layers of emotion away

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: