Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:38:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 233672 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1540 on: January 04, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »

I finally heard the whole album!!!

Cheesy

It's shit.  Shame.  I was hoping for it to rock hard.  But it falls very short of being any good Sad

You didn't even comment on the reason why most of us bought it...

Makes sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1541 on: January 06, 2008, 02:22:22 PM »

Really?!  Eugh.  Dude ... you got some low standards then.  It's a drudgy, boring album, with a very throwback 80's vocal style.  I really don't like it.

That said ... I still think technically, Sebastian is a VERY good singer.  I just think the overall feel of the album was really sub-standard.  He could have done better, since he's going on about it being a 7 year long process.

Slave To The Grind is a low standard for metal? Never heard that before.

I was mainly reffering to this album.

Sorry but it's crap.  A few good tunes.  Nothing great.  Slave to the Grind ain't bad.  Not exactly up there with the best ... but MUCH better than this.

I honestly can't believe you think the album is that bad. I listen to over half of it on a regular basis. There's no way you can honestly tell me you don't like "Stuck Inside"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1542 on: January 06, 2008, 02:51:11 PM »

Angel Down is much like Sebastian Bach himself. A little ADD and disorganized but very genuine and interesting to listen to.

I don't think Angel Down is on the same level so to speak as Slave to the Grind, but it's not a bad album. It's better than all of the 'cut-me-I-bleed' hipster bullshit out there. That's for sure.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1543 on: January 06, 2008, 05:04:42 PM »

I don't think Angel Down is on the same level so to speak as Slave to the Grind,

naah, but it's a lot better then subhuman race yes
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #1544 on: January 06, 2008, 05:16:44 PM »

I?m loving "I don?t understand"... my favourite song by far... the only bad thing about it is that it sounds so dated... lol that initial riff is soo 80s! haha

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1545 on: January 06, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »

I?m loving "I don?t understand"... my favourite song by far... the only bad thing about it is that it sounds so dated... lol that initial riff is soo 80s! haha

You Don't Understand is indeed great. Other songs that I love are:

Angel Down
Back In The Saddle
Love is a Bitchslap
Stuck Inside
American Metalhead
By Your Side
Our Love is a Lie
Stabbin' Daggers
You Bring me Down

and my favorite Falling into You

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #1546 on: January 06, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »

Angel Down
Back In The Saddle
Love is a Bitchslap
Stuck Inside
American Metalhead
By Your Side
Our Love is a Lie
Stabbin' Daggers
You Bring me Down

I meant YOU.... sorry...  Embarrassed..... lol  Tongue

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1547 on: January 06, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »

Angel Down
Back In The Saddle
Love is a Bitchslap
Stuck Inside
American Metalhead
By Your Side
Our Love is a Lie
Stabbin' Daggers
You Bring me Down

I meant YOU.... sorry...? Embarrassed..... lol? Tongue

to be fair he does say "I don't understand" near the end of the song  peace

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #1548 on: January 06, 2008, 05:52:34 PM »

Angel Down
Back In The Saddle
Love is a Bitchslap
Stuck Inside
American Metalhead
By Your Side
Our Love is a Lie
Stabbin' Daggers
You Bring me Down

I meant YOU.... sorry...? Embarrassed..... lol? Tongue

to be fair he does say "I don't understand" near the end of the song? peace

yay! I wasn?t that wrong afterall!  beer  Stuck Inside is also very powerfull, but "YOU don?t understand" beats it.  Smiley

SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1549 on: January 06, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »

Cheesy

It's shit.  Shame.  I was hoping for it to rock hard.  But it falls very short of being any good Sad

Makes sense.

/jarmo

Sorry ... I don't really care why you bought it.  Personally I don't think it warrants being purchased for Axl's sub par vocal work.  His vocals on CD will be insane I bet, but on this ... there's nothing drawing me to the album.

I truly would love to love the album.  I have a HUGE record collection with a very diverse set of artists... rock, to all kinds .... but I don't think it stands out.

And ... sorry, what makes sense?

I just put an opinion on the album in general.  My opinion isn't meant as any kind of fact, other than what I thought of it.  It certainly wasn't an attack on Axl or whatever.  His work on the album is really average for him.  I hope everyone agrees, because if not, there's a lot of low expectation for Chinese Democracy.  Tho, I don't think anyone expects Axl's vocals on CD to be as average as the ones on Angel Down.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1550 on: January 06, 2008, 08:32:30 PM »

Cheesy

It's shit.? Shame.? I was hoping for it to rock hard.? But it falls very short of being any good Sad

Makes sense.

/jarmo

Sorry ... I don't really care why you bought it.? Personally I don't think it warrants being purchased for Axl's sub par vocal work.? His vocals on CD will be insane I bet, but on this ... there's nothing drawing me to the album.

I truly would love to love the album.? I have a HUGE record collection with a very diverse set of artists... rock, to all kinds .... but I don't think it stands out.

I just put an opinion on the album in general.? My opinion isn't meant as any kind of fact, other than what I thought of it.? It certainly wasn't an attack on Axl or whatever.? His work on the album is really average for him.? I hope everyone agrees, because if not, there's a lot of low expectation for Chinese Democracy.? Tho, I don't think anyone expects Axl's vocals on CD to be as average as the ones on Angel Down.

like to see you do better

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1551 on: January 06, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »

Why does everyone think you have to create something better to be able to judge a work? If that's the case, there shouldn't be people reviewing albums, movies, etc. My lord.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1552 on: January 06, 2008, 09:40:59 PM »

Cheesy

Makes sense.

/jarmo

Sorry ... I don't really care why you bought it.  Personally I don't think it warrants being purchased for Axl's sub par vocal work.  His vocals on CD will be insane I bet, but on this ... there's nothing drawing me to the album.

I truly would love to love the album.  I have a HUGE record collection with a very diverse set of artists... rock, to all kinds .... but I don't think it stands out.

I just put an opinion on the album in general.  My opinion isn't meant as any kind of fact, other than what I thought of it.  It certainly wasn't an attack on Axl or whatever.  His work on the album is really average for him.  I hope everyone agrees, because if not, there's a lot of low expectation for Chinese Democracy.  Tho, I don't think anyone expects Axl's vocals on CD to be as average as the ones on Angel Down.

like to see you do better

Me too man ... I can't sing for shit compared to Axl.  But ... I am comparing this work to his OWN work.  And I'm afraid that by judging Axl by MY vocal standards, you're really falling short of the mark.

Axl is a pro.  His voice can be incredible.  Just listen to the Illusions albums.  Holy shit ... he's insane.  His vocals are incredible.  In my mind, unmatched.  But his Angel Down work is not a patch on that.  That's just because he spent more time in the studio doing his Illusions vocals I'm sure.  But whatever.  I'm just opinionating.

I'm not saying Angel Down had to be better than any other rock album ever to make it qualify as a good album.  If that were the case, I'd say every straight ahead rock album since Appetite was released was shit.  And that's not the case.  I just don't like the album.  However ... as with many albums I don't like ... I WILL go back to it in a few months, try it again, and see how I feel then.  Beacause I'm not small minded enough to believe that my mind at the time was the way I'll feel for the rest of time.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1553 on: January 07, 2008, 09:41:21 AM »

a good metal album-I bought it-I wasn't ever the biggest Skid Row or Sebaastian Bach fan, although I did like him on supergroup-if your a metal fan, you will love it-it's fun-I'm not really in a metal phase with music right now, but after one listen, it's good

libertad
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1554 on: January 07, 2008, 10:02:20 AM »

Oh really?

So hearing the first studio recording of Axl's vocals since the 90s isn't a good reason enough to buy it?

How stupid of me to assume GN'R fans wanted to hear Axl sing, no matter where or with who.....

I truly would love to love the album.

I bet you would.

His work on the album is really average for him.  I hope everyone agrees, because if not, there's a lot of low expectation for Chinese Democracy.  Tho, I don't think anyone expects Axl's vocals on CD to be as average as the ones on Angel Down.

I think the difference is that you take everything so seriously. Many of us don't even compare this fun project he did with a friend to his own material.

It's like comparing a fun jam session early in the morning to a show that's well rehearsed and features the full production.

Both can be enjoyed for what they are, but the comparisons are a bit pointless. Apples and oranges....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1555 on: January 07, 2008, 10:10:28 AM »

Jarmo, that's not a nice thing to say on Sebastian Bach work .... ! Wink

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1556 on: January 07, 2008, 10:27:52 AM »

See the topic, I'm only talking about the songs with Axl.

I can enjoy those three songs for what they are. Not see them as some kind of follow-up to Use Your Illusion...

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1557 on: January 07, 2008, 10:48:02 AM »

See the topic, I'm only talking about the songs with Axl.

I can enjoy those three songs for what they are. Not see them as some kind of follow-up to Use Your Illusion...

/jarmo

Come on people!
Axl used a couple of hours to help out Sebastian on some tracks! A Couple of hours, which turned out make a couple of cool songs even cooler!
I cant understand that someone really compare this to the GNR album. Its a huge differense. On Chinese Dem. he havent used a couple of hours, not a couple of days, not a couple of months. but almost a couple of decades... ! And if the angel down tracks are cool! Them im sure as hall, that Chinese Democracy will be absolutly awsome!

This is Sebastian Bach`s record, and not Axls, remember that.. Dont make it the other way..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1558 on: January 07, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »

ditto to norway.

@ Nytunez you're right This is a Sebastian Bach record.
but this is a thread in the GNR section and there's another thread in the bad obsession to discuss the album from that angle.
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #1559 on: January 07, 2008, 10:27:41 PM »

Oh really?

So hearing the first studio recording of Axl's vocals since the 90s isn't a good reason enough to buy it?

How stupid of me to assume GN'R fans wanted to hear Axl sing, no matter where or with who.....

I truly would love to love the album.

I bet you would.

His work on the album is really average for him.  I hope everyone agrees, because if not, there's a lot of low expectation for Chinese Democracy.  Tho, I don't think anyone expects Axl's vocals on CD to be as average as the ones on Angel Down.

I think the difference is that you take everything so seriously. Many of us don't even compare this fun project he did with a friend to his own material.

It's like comparing a fun jam session early in the morning to a show that's well rehearsed and features the full production.

Both can be enjoyed for what they are, but the comparisons are a bit pointless. Apples and oranges....

/jarmo

I take everything seriously?  Why do you attack so many people then?  Seems to me that YOU take things too seriously.  I fucking hate your stupid childish, irrational attitude to things.  You simply take a shot at everything certain members say, and you're only doing it because your small mind can't comprehend what people say half the time, so instead of answering questions, or trying to actually back up your empty statements, you attack others.

Dude ... grow the fuck up and learn to accept when you're wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: