Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83409 times)
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »

Jarmo

Please name me one band that doesnt do this shit for the money?

Pearl Jam.

Happy?

/jarmo

You don't know ANYTHING about the reasons that Pearl Jam exist.  No matter what you think or say... any band... and that includes PJ... has it's reasons ... they may be music... money... fame ... etc.  But what you see on the outside is not always what they talk about in the boardroom or rehearsal studio.

ok

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »

Jarmo

Pearl Jam.

Happy?

/jarmo

Ha!!!!  I forgot, Alternative bands or "Grunge" bands hated money....  Get Real.  PJ is a fantastic band that isn't too greedy and didn't sell out and fought ticket master.  But, like Slash, they play music for themselves.  Just so happens, they have all made a lot of money doing it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 06:37:53 PM »

Don't bring Axl into this.  ok

LOL!

Dude ... you really have to jump off that train ... he didn't bring Axl up Smiley  His point was entirely about the course of Slash and Duff's career choices, and entirely not about Axl.

He said if they were about money they would've stayed with Axl. Like it would be a guarantee to make money and/or that GN'R is motivated by it.

But the fact is, Slash has said how he didn't appreciate GN'R "wasting" money. So there goes that theory.

And no, I don't think this has anything to do with GN'R no matter how you VR fans wish it did. That's why I don't like them being brought up every fucking time something bad happens to your beloved VR.

You don't know ANYTHING about the reasons that Pearl Jam exist. 

If I don't know anything about PJ, you know even less.

ok

Their actions speak louder than your words.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2008, 06:38:09 PM »

Jarmo

Pearl Jam.

Happy?

/jarmo

HAHAHA yeah, pearl jam give free concerts right? They dont sell merchandise. they dont charge for Cds or Dvds.

Next u are gonna tell me they donate every cent they make to charity.

Every band does this in part cause of money.

Some are less whores than others, but I dont see anyone doing this for free.

I just love how jarmo, u and others would be the first to call Jon Bon Jovi a whore when he donates and does more for charity than most the bands u tout combined.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:39:54 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »

HAHAHA yeah, pearl jam give free concerts right?

They dont sell merchandise. they dont charge for Cds or Dvds.

Next u are gonna tell me they donate every cent they make to charity.

Every band does this in part cause of money.

Some are less whores than others, but I dont see anyone doing this for free.

Boy, you really are clueless and off topic....

You wanted an example of a band that's not motivated by the money and I gave you one. Now you ask me of they play for free etc etc.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:45:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2008, 06:47:32 PM »

Don't bring Axl into this.  ok

LOL!

Dude ... you really have to jump off that train ... he didn't bring Axl up Smiley  His point was entirely about the course of Slash and Duff's career choices, and entirely not about Axl.

He said if they were about money they would've stayed with Axl. Like it would be a guarantee to make money and/or that GN'R is motivated by it.

But the fact is, Slash has said how he didn't appreciate GN'R "wasting" money. So there goes that theory.

And no, I don't think this has anything to do with GN'R no matter how you VR fans wish it did. That's why I don't like them being brought up every fucking time something bad happens to your beloved VR.

You don't know ANYTHING about the reasons that Pearl Jam exist. 

ok

Their actions speak louder than your words.

/jarmo

Okay ... couple of quick things ... His reasons for mentioning Axl were to say that the Guns N' Roses name is going to make more money than most others.  So from a financial point of view, it makes more sense.  Now ... it doesn't matter how much they wasted, because the name and band made enough money to STILL make tons of profit.  So ... you're wrong.  There was no indication in his post that he was accusing GnR of being motivated by money.  And I seriously don't understand how you got to thinking from this post that 'us VR fans' (I'm a Guns N' Roses fan too you know... I've slagged Axl and co off but I've slagged Scott off too... before this fiasco... so it proves I'm not biased), wanted it to be about GnR.  You're the one bringing that into it.

So... regarding your knowledge of Pearl Jam ... you can know 100x more than me ... and my previous point still stands.  You ... I .... Ali ... D ... and anyone else on this board ... none of them know what's going on behind the scenes of these bands.  You can't deny that ... so stop trying to compete with me about the knowledge you have.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2008, 06:54:48 PM »

I've slagged Axl and co off but I've slagged Scott off too... before this fiasco... so it proves I'm not biased,

And how about Slash?

Or Matt?

Maybe you weren't motivated by money in 1996, but that doesn't mean you still aren't in 2008.

Maybe you don't realize you miss something until years later?

So... regarding your knowledge of Pearl Jam ... you can know 100x more than me ... and my previous point still stands.  You ... I .... Ali ... D ... and anyone else on this board ... none of them know what's going on behind the scenes of these bands.  You can't deny that ... so stop trying to compete with me about the knowledge you have.

I'm not competing at all. Seems like you are.

I'm saying, there are bands who actually do more for their fans than VR and still don't claim to be "all about the music and fans"....

If you still think they're only motivated by money or money is the most important thing to them, I think you should study them a bit more.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2008, 06:56:26 PM »

I'm not sure Scott will appreciate Billboard's title... Cheesy

Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003783878

Considering he was open about how this was the last tour (unlike the rest of the band), I wouldn't be surprised if he actually told the band he was leaving some time ago.

Then they put out that press release to make it seem like he was fired.

/jarmo

I have a feeling we will hear from Scott soon. Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2008, 07:00:21 PM »

/jarmo

You compared ... not me Smiley

And no ... so far Matt and Slash haven't pissed me off.  Sorry.  Smiley

I genuinely believe that Slash and Matt and Duff etc do not need to be motivated by money ... and that they aren't.  BUT ... I am 100% sure that money is of some importance ... same way it is in my life.  You have to make profit when you run your own business.  But ... you can enjoy your work and love it dearly.

I work as an artist for a living ... running my own business.  I love it.  I wanna make shit loads of money to secure it and make sure it's working out.

Simple business to me.  And any band pretending that money isn't important at all, is a group of lying fucks.  Duff has commented that they have to make money.  And he's right.  No one disputes that money is important.  But it's NOT more important.  Otherwise they'd be in ... a 'more secure' band ... Wink

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »

Oh well, I'm just glad to see that the band will continue on, find a new singer, and release a new album.

Slash and Duff now each have two albums on the way, and I'm just happy that they're not going to take over 10 years to come out with them. Wink

Hard to Believe that Slash is well on his way to having 6 post-Gn'R albums out now.   Good for him.  It's nice to see that he was able to keep active during the last 15 years and continue on with his legacy.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »

/jarmo

I genuinely believe that Slash and Matt and Duff etc do not need to be motivated by money ... and that they aren't. 

That's why Slash said they started VR because they needed the money back when they first started the band!  Roll Eyes
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2008, 07:12:06 PM »

jarmo for VR vocalist.

imagin the fun that could be had on the boards...

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2008, 07:14:25 PM »

Well I'm sorry. I didn't know you were a fan like me and have followed them since the early 90s!

Your posts certainly didn't give that impression.

Of course not.

How non-biased you must be then.

I genuinely believe that Slash and Matt and Duff etc do not need to be motivated by money ... and that they aren't. 

How can you be so sure?

And I believe Slash and Matt are the opposites of what someone like Izzy is. They love fame, attention and everything that comes with it.

To become popular, they'll put up with Scott Weiland for years until they've reached a point where it's not worth it anymore. The record didn't sell as well and they're back playing smaller venues.

They'll claim it's about the music and fans while one of them was a big reason for a canceled Australian tour.

Matt has also said the he was frustrated  because he didn't make as much money (while in GN'R) as Duff and Slash did.

While Slash had this to say in 2005: http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/slash%20keeps%20rocking%20for%20the%20money

BUT ... I am 100% sure that money is of some importance ... same way it is in my life.  You have to make profit when you run your own business.  But ... you can enjoy your work and love it dearly.

I work as an artist for a living ... running my own business.  I love it.  I wanna make shit loads of money to secure it and make sure it's working out.

Simple business to me.  And any band pretending that money isn't important at all, is a group of lying fucks.  Duff has commented that they have to make money.  And he's right.  No one disputes that money is important.  But it's NOT more important. 

It's probably more important when you have a record company that expects you to do things from them.

Like I said, I don't think it's the only motivating factor. I think they're downplaying its importance to seem cooler.

Otherwise they'd be in ... a 'more secure' band ... Wink

There you go again.  How witty. Roll Eyes

jarmo for VR vocalist.

imagin the fun that could be had on the boards...

I think that job is suited for you better. You being the Slash super fan and everything.

I also believe you can deliver lines like "somebody raped my tapeworm abortion" way better than I ever could.

Good luck!  ok

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:20:50 PM by jarmo » Logged

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »

Re-form Neurotic Outsiders with Slash. beer

End of discussion. ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2008, 07:31:45 PM »

Jarmo, you make good points.  I don't know where money is really relevant to this topic, since you brought it up.  They will make money with next singer, but scott sacrificed many things for them in their eyes. Mainly their reputation for good live gigs and cancelling shows for scotts personal problems.  At the end of the day, sure, money is there.  But I too believe they are pissed about scott's behavior. 
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2008, 07:32:43 PM »

the guys were taken by surprise when weiland said onstage he left the band.
this statement clarify the situation, VR will continue with a new singer for at least a third album.

the question is *who*. they should organize some kind of online game with suggestions by the fans...
they seems better to find a decent frontman.

i'm curious to read reviews about the Amsterdam show now...  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2008, 07:36:25 PM »

Jarmo, you make good points.  I don't know where money is really relevant to this topic, since you brought it up.

Yes, I brought it up because of the press release claiming otherwise.

Most bands/artists will say the fans are important.

They will make money with next singer, but scott sacrificed many things for them in their eyes. Mainly their reputation for good live gigs and cancelling shows for scotts personal problems. 

That's the problem. Sure Scott has had his share of problems, but to think everything can be blamed on him is naive.

He's not the only guy who made up VR who's been in rehab since they started out.

Reading this section now is like reading about a different band. Suddenly all the admiration for Scott seem to be gone.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2008, 07:46:12 PM »

i'm curious to read reviews about the Amsterdam show now...  hihi

Some photos..

http://www.wireimage.com/gallerylisting.asp?navtyp=gls====311103

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2008, 08:04:51 PM »

thanks. i've read Ines review in the other thread, it seems
they played without any references at the situation.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »

I still like Scott and will support him in STP

I got two great albums of music out of this band and that is awesome!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: