Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:59:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver To Part Ways With Scott Weiland  (Read 83393 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »

I think VR cares as much for the fans as just any other band.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
eirian
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »

I think in a way its both. I believe they want to make money from it, but they also enjoy the process. They have commitments of their own to do. We have no idea what their contracts state or how much money goes to promotion of concerts. In the end it is their job to make money for themselves, their record company, their concert promoters and everything else they have to pay for. I dont blame them for canceling concerts for monetary reasons. There are things out of their control as much as there are things we will not understand.

Exactly! I think some people are naiive about how much pressure is put on any sort of artist (music/art or dance) to make money for the "powers that be". they have the power to pull the plug on a tour without a second thought if it's looking as if it's loosing money. I work in the theatre world and have booked many artists over the years, and having done all the marketing and sold tickets, been told that it's been cancelled as it's not "financially viable". the artists themselves have been gutted at being unable to perform, but in these days of corporate business its they who call the shots and not the likes of Duff and Slash.  And unfortunately you can't afford to piss those powers off, because the chance of you releasing anything with any sort of backing in the future are slim.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »

me too.

Chinese Democracy!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2008, 12:03:29 PM »

They're not exactly The Clash are they? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:17 PM »

They're not exactly The Clash are they? Wink

/jarmo

What a pointless post.

You're taking every single quote you read to the extreme.  You think other bands care soooo much about the fans?  Not all bands are as communicative with their fans as VR ... I think VR does care about it's fans, and I think they enjoy making music.  I'd love to make music for a living...  I think you have to stop being so narrow minded and naive about a band's need to make money.   If these guys had day jobs and were just some unsigned band, they'd not create as much music ... they'd not be as tight live (they're fucking tight) ... they'd spend only a few hours a week dedicated to the band.

Jarmo,
Imagine if your favorite musician, or band... whoever that may be ... were actually unsigned.  You'd hear very little output from them, and they'd not have as much ability to create quality sounding albums.

Let's imagine your favorite artist is Guns N' Roses ... just imagine ...

Smiley  If they were unsigned, or didn't make any money, they'd not have been able to create epic sounding albums like Use Your Illusion ... November Rain would have been a damn site less intense ... and by Axl's previous statements about the song, I doubt he'd have even bothered recording it if he didn't have the ability to make it epic etc.

VR is the same.  They need to make money so they can afford the luxury of continuing to tour etc.  Imagine tour costs ... crew... engineers ... gear rental... lighting ... etc.  All this stuff costs a fuck load of money.  You're absolutely off your fucking trolley if you think they don't need to care about the money.

Smiley  Now ... stop being so silly Wink

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »

I am taking everything to extremes? You're the one who thinks they're not motivated by money at all and even after I showed you some quotes that say otherwise, you just ignored them.

But that was pretty much expected.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2008, 01:06:47 PM »

I am taking everything to extremes? You're the one who thinks they're not motivated by money at all and even after I showed you some quotes that say otherwise, you just ignored them.

But that was pretty much expected.  Smiley

/jarmo

Stop blatantly lying in front of this whole forum .... Yes ... you ... lying.

I said they DO care about money!!!  In my fucking previous post ...

I even gave you a fucking long explanation as to why any band worth their salt DOES care and HAS to care!

Jeez, why do you have to lie so much.  You just fucking ignored my post.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2008, 01:12:52 PM »

I said MOTIVATED, not CARED.

It's not always easy keeping track of your posts:

I genuinely believe that Slash and Matt and Duff etc do not need to be motivated by money ... and that they aren't.  BUT ... I am 100% sure that money is of some importance ...

You think these guys are putting the music and fans first? I don't.

I don't think they care about the fans if theres no money in it.

You don't do Mastercard or VW ads for the music and fans do you?

Funny how a Slash fan gets upset about me apparently lying. Yet Slash has never upset you.... Weird.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:15:12 PM by jarmo » Logged

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2008, 01:22:23 PM »

I said MOTIVATED, not CARED.

It's not always easy keeping track of your posts:

I genuinely believe that Slash and Matt and Duff etc do not need to be motivated by money ... and that they aren't.  BUT ... I am 100% sure that money is of some importance ...

You think these guys are putting the music and fans first? I don't.

I don't think they care about the fans if theres no money in it.

You don't do Mastercard or VW ads for the music and fans do you?

/jarmo

LOL... Slash is not VR.  Slash can do what he likes outside of VR.  Fucking hell Jarmo ...  do you focus every single last drop of your energy into this site?  Do you ignore everything else in your life?  Do you have a job?  I fucking hope not ... or you're obviously motivated by other things and not the forum. 

Fucking stupid.  Either you have a bad use of the English language and it's meanings, or you're simply acting the idiot for the sake of pissing people off.

I suspect the latter.

I don't personally care what Slash does to make extra cash.  He's got a family and therefore a bloodline to look after.  He wants his kids and then their kids to be well off and never have to worry.  Any parent will want the same in that position.  Yes... he SHOULD use the VW or Mastercard ads to make money ... but for the music side of things ... it's also called 'promotion' ... he's promoting himself, so people are aware of him and his music.  Sounds like fucking good business sense to me.

I draw websites and cartoons for a living ... I LOVE what I do ... but fuck me if I don't have to make money.  I do this for the money ... otherwise it'd just be my hobby.  But just because I make money out of it and do it for that reason (as WELL as the love of it), doesn't mean I don't enjoy my work or love doing it.

Slash and co do it because they love it ... OR, they'd just write music and sell the publishing rights to other bands.  'Written by Slash' would go a long way in publishing rights for other artists.  You've never been on stage in front of a crowd and played music I suspect ... if you had, you'd not even be having this argument.

When you understand business and the need to finance your career.... come back and apologize to everyone for your childish behavior.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »

When you understand business and the need to finance your career.... come back and apologize to everyone for your childish behavior.

If I feel like I did something wrong I will.

But I suspect you're not gonna apologize for the insults and personal attacks or the fact that you come across as a stuck up know it all.

Smiley

Slash isn't VR? Really?

You're the one who broke it down to being about Slash, Duff and Matt in your quote.

You think they're not motivated by money at all, I disagree. Who's wrong?

Just because you own the same gear as Slash doesn't mean you know him personally.

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2008, 01:32:17 PM »

If I feel like I did something wrong I will.

But I suspect you're not gonna apologize for the insults and personal attacks or the fact that you come across as a stuck up know it all.

Smiley

Slash isn't VR? Really?

You're the one who broke it down to being about Slash, Duff and Matt in your quote.

You think they're not motivated by money at all, I disagree. Who's wrong?

Just because you own the same gear as Slash doesn't mean you know him personally.

/jarmo

I don't own the same gear as Slash Smiley

And yes, you're wrong Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2008, 01:35:31 PM »

I'm glad you are so convinced.

Don't want to be responsible for your shattered illusions.  ok

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »

I'm glad you are so convinced.

Don't want to be responsible for your shattered illusions.  ok

/jarmo

You do realise that you're as wrong or right about this as I am in reality.  So you talking about shattered illusions is rather funny.  It could swing both ways.  That said ... if Slash declared himself in it for the cash tommorow ... but still released more cool music (since ... as much as you hate VR's music. ... others love it ...) ... I really couldn't care less!

So it'd never shatter my illusions.  I don't care Smiley  I just care about them putting on a good show (which they did ...) and putting out good records (which they have) ....

Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2008, 02:16:07 PM »

Fair enough. You don't care about the statements, law suits, TV commercials, lies and whatever else.

I comment on things that I don't agree with.

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:48 PM »

Fair enough. You don't care about the statements, law suits, TV commercials, lies and whatever else.

I comment on things that I don't agree with.

/jarmo

That's fine ... but you don't really know the ins and outs of the lawsuits etc ... so you're as blind as the rest of us in regards to these issues.

The ONLY thing that fucks me off ... and I'll be honest ... I don't mind that you don't like VR.. hell, I hate Pantera for instance ... but lots of people like them.  What I get fucked off about is the fact that you often speak as if what you say is pure fact.  And sorry man ... but you do not know the facts ... you know what you read in the press.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2008, 02:50:48 PM »

What I get fucked off about is the fact that you often speak as if what you say is pure fact.  And sorry man ... but you do not know the facts ... you know what you read in the press.

It's not always that simple.

Sometimes I read in the press two things that are the opposites and they're said by the same person.

And then there are cases when you read that he sold his house for less than what he paid, followed by a lawsuit which claims they suffered loss of appetite among other things.

Or hearing him go on about how he lost his luggage with all his "expensive jewelry" and then finding out he lied.

Sorry if I find stuff like that a bit uncool.

/jarmo

SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »

What I get fucked off about is the fact that you often speak as if what you say is pure fact.  And sorry man ... but you do not know the facts ... you know what you read in the press.

It's not always that simple.

Sometimes I read in the press two things that are the opposites and they're said by the same person.

And then there are cases when you read that he sold his house for less than what he paid, followed by a lawsuit which claims they suffered loss of appetite among other things.

Or hearing him go on about how he lost his luggage with all his "expensive jewelry" and then finding out he lied.

Sorry if I find stuff like that a bit uncool.

/jarmo

So you care about what's cool?

Your haircut ain't exactly cool, but is that really an issue?  Why do you give a flying fucking shit about Slash's lawsuits?  That's his business.  Not yours ... Not anyone elses.  Yet you use these things as a reason to hate the guy.

Dude ... Axl fucking took advantage of the old bandmembers and forced them into handing over the GnR name ... but you seem to hate Slash for stuff that's nothing to do with the band ... yet love Axl ... almost praise him for what he did.  How ?  That was the most uncool thing he could have done.

Come on ... for fuck sake ... if you're going to slag them for the music ... fine ... or even stuff related to the band's business etc ... fine ... but bringing stuff up about his fucking luggage or house ?  You really are scraping around for as much hate as you can find.  And it's damn embarrassing.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2008, 02:56:28 PM »

I just care about them putting on a good show (which they did ...)

Where, in Portugal, Spain, France and Australia?

I'm sure all those fans are super happy.

Smiley
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »

I just care about them putting on a good show (which they did ...)

Where, in Portugal, Spain, France and Australia?

I'm sure all those fans are super happy.

Smiley

How many times have Axl fans been fucked off because he didn't turn up to a show etc?  At least VR cancelled before the night Wink

Stop pulling shit out of your ass for no reason.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »

How many times have Axl fans been fucked off because he didn't turn up to a show etc?  At least VR cancelled before the night Wink

Stop pulling shit out of your ass for no reason.

Not as many as you'd care to think.

And he's gone back and played those places.

It's not likely to happen with VR is it?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: