Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" starting to gain MAJOR steam.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" starting to gain MAJOR steam.  (Read 64426 times)
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2009, 12:08:37 PM »

I still think it will be a big hit once the music video comes out ! I really think that will do the trick.

To me it comes down to a tour to promote the record. You have to be seen on TV , be showed trying to do that. The best possible thing for Guns n Roses is they need to play SNL , do some morning talk shows over the summer when they have live concerts and do VH1 special about the album. To me thats gonna help the album ....being seen on a national TV level.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2009, 12:25:29 PM »

I still think it will be a big hit once the music video comes out ! I really think that will do the trick.

To me it comes down to a tour to promote the record. You have to be seen on TV , be showed trying to do that. The best possible thing for Guns n Roses is they need to play SNL , do some morning talk shows over the summer when they have live concerts and do VH1 special about the album. To me thats gonna help the album ....being seen on a national TV level.
Appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.  New show, new band, he's a big fan of the band.  Reference 2002 VMA's.  Book it!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »

Appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.  New show, new band, he's a big fan of the band.  Reference 2002 VMA's.  Book it!
JIMMY FALLON has a show???  What channel?  When?  I wouldn't doubt that he has an 'account' here...huge GnR fan!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2009, 11:03:17 PM »

JIMMY FALLON has a show???  What channel?  When?  I wouldn't doubt that he has an 'account' here...huge GnR fan!

He's going to be taking over for Conan before he gets bumped up to the Tonight Show.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2009, 08:55:25 AM »

just wondering, has any rock stations around the world been mentioning that billboard interview on the radio ad their thoughts on it?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2009, 09:17:22 AM »

just wondering, has any rock stations around the world been mentioning that billboard interview on the radio ad their thoughts on it?

When playing any era GNR our rock station they have mentioned it here and again. There's one female DJ in particular who LOVES CD and she mentioned it after playing Better on Sunday night. She ofcourse mentioned the part where Axl said he or Slash will die before a reunion but she then when on to say "from the sounds of the song I just played... I'm ok with it".

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2009, 11:51:34 AM »

After playing CD the DJ on Sirius/XM Octane, Bodhi, commented on the Billboard Q&A.  He mentioned how Axl would be open to working with Izzy and playing lIve with him again in the future.  Also said he would be open to playing with Duff but not with multiple ex members at a time. He then said that Axl didn't mention anything about Slash as far as working with in the future.  Maybe he meant that they won't work together again.  It was strange wording though.  You'd think he'd harp on Axl's apparent hatred for Slash.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2009, 12:48:06 PM »

^Axl's statement clearly points out his feelings, he has made this public knowlege, in regards to original lineup, he has set definate boundries for himself. I don't foresee a future in regards to this topic, there is no more wonderment!! What is to talk about? Not trying to be bitchy though!! Tongue Wink

On topic, I don't listen to radio everyday, yet it seems when I do, 9 times out 10 I will hear it, although, with out comment more often than not, It still kinda feels shocking to me when I hear it Shocked
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 12:51:18 PM by msaxl43 » Logged

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2009, 04:29:07 PM »

The station that I work for/with had it as an article on their website the other day.

http://www.979x.com/Article.asp?id=1150474&spid=28211

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2009, 12:40:27 PM »

The station that I work for/with had it as an article on their website the other day.

Huh, you work for them? That's really the only station I bother listening to. (Mainly because I don't get a whole lot of stations in too clear)

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »

Huh, you work for them? That's really the only station I bother listening to. (Mainly because I don't get a whole lot of stations in too clear)

Haha - not DIRECTLY. I work for JR 93.7 (the cluster's country station), but we're in the same building, and owned by the same company, so I tend to know what's going on since their studio is right next door to ours.  Wink

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »

anyone think that they have now decided to scrap the release of the video. I know they have made vids in the past that didnt get released...maybe release it later as an afterthought?

either way the song in incredible. It would just be cool to see it
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2009, 02:21:50 PM »

No, I think we'll see it. Just not maybe on the time line some of us would prefer.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2009, 02:47:35 PM »

Well there finalizing the video as we speak, so maybe in a couple of weeks or a month.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2009, 10:01:39 PM »

im not american so i dont know this so i would appreciate it if somebody could help me out with this. what would be good radio shows with big listening audiences in which to request Better?

the videos might not come out for some while yet and the song's slipping down. if we request it, more people will have a chance to be introduced to it.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2009, 10:16:37 PM »

"Better" starting to lose MAJOR steam.

Do requests even work anymore?  Most stations have their playlists decided in advance.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »

Do requests even work anymore?  Most stations have their playlists decided in advance.

From what I've been told by the station I listen too, they have a program director that does decide what they will play. Not down to the exact song though. For example, when the new Metallica came out, they were told to play Metallica once an hour. SO a specific time period is designated to play certain things. As far as requests go, they said they are able to play maybe 1-2 an hour. Does that make sense?

Axl is God.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2009, 10:29:27 PM »

Hope isnt to late when the video comes out...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2009, 10:32:48 PM »

From what I've been told by the station I listen too, they have a program director that does decide what they will play. Not down to the exact song though. For example, when the new Metallica came out, they were told to play Metallica once an hour. SO a specific time period is designated to play certain things. As far as requests go, they said they are able to play maybe 1-2 an hour. Does that make sense?

And your program director probably got a call from Warner Bros to make that decision.

See what I'm getting at?
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2009, 10:37:04 PM »

Stations played CD when it came out for about 4 weeks and thats it, they dont play it anymore, and "Better"... forget about it!...but those motherf%$^& still play the new Metallica and ACDC and a lot of more new releases every single day! makes me sick, I turn on the radio and I wanna hear GNRs new music, but no.....they just put WTTJ and SCOM
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: