Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 08:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 384560 times)
GNRFAN20
« Reply #360 on: March 10, 2009, 10:40:48 AM »

Each day more info is released about it. Makes me wonder if this truly is going to happen.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2009, 11:41:58 AM »

Each day more info is released about it. Makes me wonder if this truly is going to happen.

I keep checking Billboard and Pollstar every little while. As soon as it pops up on those boards, I'll flip!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
whenUgotItUgotIt
Opening Act

« Reply #362 on: March 10, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »

Hi,
first time posting on this site, although I have been a "lurker" for many months now...lol! I have done most of my posting at that 'other'site, but to be honest, it got to the point that there were too many naysayers, negative comments, etc from about 70% of the members over there....and I had to go!  Hopefully, my experience will be better here!

Now, the carter finley stadium comment from above,....being as I am from North Carolina and only about an hour away....I hope and pray that this turns out to be true.   I know this much....come hell or high water, I will be there!!!...Nice to meet everyone here also.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #363 on: March 10, 2009, 03:15:05 PM »

Two people told me today they heard it on the radio. Not even sure what station. Anyone have any solid info on this, or is this just radio bs? I'm sure if it were confirmed, it'd already be here. Just curious if Jarmo or anyone has heard any talk about this as well?

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #364 on: March 10, 2009, 06:07:30 PM »

Two people told me today they heard it on the radio. Not even sure what station. Anyone have any solid info on this, or is this just radio bs? I'm sure if it were confirmed, it'd already be here. Just curious if Jarmo or anyone has heard any talk about this as well?

They were talkin on the radio yesterday morning here in South Florida, but those fuckers were just making fun of it, they were saying that they will play only childrens softball stadiums, hope this happens and shut theyre stupids mouths  rant
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #365 on: March 10, 2009, 06:12:05 PM »

Again, for what it's worth, a supposed Van Halen insider at least of the message board variety, has given this tour a 70/30 chance of happening.  That's not saying much, but if this person truly is "in the know" then at least that would prove that seems to be the plan.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #366 on: March 10, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »

From a Van Halen message board, www.vhlinks.com.  Take it for what it is.

"Little info I heard:

Talks are being had with NC State about the use of Carter Finley Stadium for a possible GNR/Van Halen tour. This came from a true insider with the NC State athletics dept who says State's been contacted about it, so I consider it the gospel.

Obviously this doesn't mean the tour will definitely happen, but evidently it IS being discussed."

this?
http://carterfinley.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter-Finley_Stadium

has the stadium been used for concerts?

Awesome stadium.  I saw the Rolling Stones there when they had the "Voodoo Lounge Tour".  Go pack!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 07:03:55 PM by gnrrock » Logged
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »

ClassicGunsFan made a very valid point about a Co Headline act.

To sell out stadiums, it may take another pretty decently big band.

I know when Bon Jovi did stadiums on the Lost Highway Tour, they had Nickelback open so no need to bash the guy for saying GNR need another fairly decent band cause really, everyone who does stadiums have a pretty big opening act.

I remember Metallica having Korn and Kid Rock on a tour *Correct me if I am wrong*

So A GNR stadium tour u can guarantee will feature some other fairly well known acts. That isn't some kind of indictment on GNR or putting them down.

I don't know how we got on the Best Buy thing but, I don't think u can blame Best Buy at all or even call it a bad deal. They got 1.3 million albums worth of money up front, so that is a very fucking SMART deal and Best Buy are just an electronics chain, they aren't entertainment moguls who promote etc.

somethings wrong dude, your agreeing with me way to often recently hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #368 on: March 11, 2009, 08:23:43 AM »

The radio DJs probably read the Internetz to get their info...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2009, 09:01:33 AM »

/jarmo
Come on, Jarmo!  I don't know about your DJ's, but our Hard rock format guys are respectable journalists with the highest vetting standards!   Unlike the 'easy listening' or Talk formats, that just pull stuff off the newswire.  rofl

They make it sound so official though...

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2009, 12:24:21 AM »

/jarmo
They reported on the rumored GNR/VH tour on Sirius/XM Octane today too, but they stressed that it is just a rumor at this point, nothing confirmed.  So yeah, all so called reports are pretty much coming from the same place.  Then again, it hasn't been shot down yet, so there must be at least a little something to it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2009, 12:30:57 AM »

/jarmo
They reported on the rumored GNR/VH tour on Sirius/XM Octane today too, but they stressed that it is just a rumor at this point, nothing confirmed.  So yeah, all so called reports are pretty much coming from the same place.  Then again, it hasn't been shot down yet, so there must be at least a little something to it.

What's new at "the links?"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2009, 12:50:36 AM »

/jarmo

What's new at "the links?"
The ongoing episode of Grumpy Old Men.  They've finally warmed to the idea of the tour IF and only if Van Halen performs one of their classic albums in full.  Otherwise they want new music.  Sounds vaguely familiar.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2009, 03:41:51 AM »

Never listen to a radio DJ. Ever.

Since I AM one, I can say stuff like that.  hihi

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #374 on: March 12, 2009, 10:16:13 AM »

From a Van Halen message board, www.vhlinks.com.  Take it for what it is.

"Little info I heard:

Talks are being had with NC State about the use of Carter Finley Stadium for a possible GNR/Van Halen tour. This came from a true insider with the NC State athletics dept who says State's been contacted about it, so I consider it the gospel.

Obviously this doesn't mean the tour will definitely happen, but evidently it IS being discussed."

this?
http://carterfinley.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter-Finley_Stadium

has the stadium been used for concerts?
U2 has a scheduled date at this venue on their upcoming tour, so yes they do have concerts there.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »

cheers faldor and gnrrock saw rolling stone there. I asked because I didn't see a concert mention at their site.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2009, 10:35:04 AM »

cheers faldor and gnrrock saw rolling stone there. I asked because I didn't see a concert mention at their site.
Yeah I just saw the U2 list last night and noticed Carter-Finley Stadium on there.  Hopefully they'll be adding at least ONE more show to the list at that venue.  And I'm not speaking of another U2 show.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2009, 08:34:16 PM »

AC/DC & GNR.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2009, 09:17:35 PM »

AC/DC & GNR.

Now THAT would be fucking unbelievable. I can't even think of the words to describe how awesome that would be.

Axl is God.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #379 on: March 12, 2009, 09:19:09 PM »

AC/DC's European summer tour ends June 30th. Possibly late summer/early fall US tour for GNR and AC/DC?

hihi
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: