Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:42:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62951 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2009, 03:01:21 PM »

Here's another quote since Smoking Guns insists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfni6ZLRkZI

Slash: "What was it that you (Axl) broke the real band up for?"

Here's another interesting one where it's all Axl's fault: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2s4B8t0h-k

The last minute.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »

Slash barely even gave what you could call a response to this and it results in a 5 page thread. Wow, people have really bought into the soap opera aspect of this. To steal someone else's quote, it's kind of run its course for me.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2009, 04:56:18 PM »

I just think that it's funny that for the past 10 years, Slash had NO problem at all talking shit about Axl, but now that Axl ripped him a new asshole (and rightfully so), that all of a sudden Slash is backing down.

Guilty conscience, Slash?  hihi

I don't think he ever said anything to the level that Axl said about him.  Infact, I would love to see these quotes from all these interviews, I think you will have a tough time compiling anything more than, "he went on stage late", "we rehearsed late, when he was ready" "We didn't see eye to eye on the direction of the band" etc, etc.....

Kind of like when Slash lied about going to Axl's house, right?

He made Axl look like a dick over that when SLASH was the one that lied only to admit it years later.

Slash is a master manipulator. He knows how to work the media - and he has made Axl unfairly look like the bad guy this entire time.

I think that more people need to take a good long hard look at this.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2009, 05:19:47 PM »

Like someone else said, they're probably really both full of shit, for all we know.  

I believe credit for the "full of shit" line goes to mrlee... yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2009, 10:17:02 PM »

Jarmo, friend and fellow Gunner....  I am sorry I ruffled your feathers,  ok, I am not pro Slash or Pro Axl in this, I am just being objective that Axl does have some emotional paranoia like behaviors and since he has no current real enemies at the time, it seems he has chosen to go after Slash harder now than ever.  Since about 2005 or so I think Slash has been very complimentary about Axl, so this isn't a "new" thing, he has been this way for about 4 years.  Who cares if Slash fibbed years ago or not... Its not like he beat up his girlfriend or anything...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:36:31 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »

Jarmo, friend and fellow Gunner....  I am sorry I ruffled you feathers,  ok,

You didn't.

I just can't seem to get through to you.

Just to make it short for you: You don't need quotes in order to dislike people.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2009, 10:35:08 PM »

Jarmo, friend and fellow Gunner....  I am sorry I ruffled you feathers,  ok,

You didn't.

I just can't seem to get through to you.

Just to make it short for you: You don't need quotes in order to dislike people.  ok

/jarmo

I agree!   ok
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2009, 12:51:31 AM »

Smoking Guns v. Jarmo = hands down best argument i've seen on here in the last 6 years!

I agree with smoking guns in saying that we really need to see what's in that hazy cloud before we can make obejctive judgements about the whole thing
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2009, 01:37:56 AM »

Jarmo, would u at least agree, that Axl had a little bit of fault in this?

I mean why should he be the sole person to decide what music to do etc?

See what I am saying? Like why does everything have to be up to Axl's liking before it can be done? Slash and CO weren't big on a few of Axl's songs but did them anyway and did them well.

so why couldn't Axl throw Slash a bone and do some songs his way?

I have always maintained sort of a 50-50 fault with this.

Slash does lie, but come on, Axl isn't exactly George Washington either.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2009, 05:35:56 AM »

I think everybody lies in life, we are only human!  And none of us will ever know wheter Axl wouldnt work on material or wheter Slash wouldnt.  Thats between them.  But I don't see any issue in releasing a book about your life and putting forth some views you have on a number of subjects (most of these weren't about Axl). 

The fact is, I have seen more ex gunners etc etc, agree with Slash's version of events.  And they were all there.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »

Slash knows very well how to treat with the people for being always "The Super Cool" And the average people let Slash to cheat them portray as the good guy. I think this is the classical Slash behavior.

Afraid so.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2009, 09:40:22 AM »

The problem I have with these arguments on this board is that some people are either it was all Axls fault or it was all Slash's fault. When in life in any situation is it just one persons fault? They arent in a band anymore, we have the great music so who gives a fuck now?
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »

What a load of bollocks this all is

Any reasonable person can see that both sides has failings.

Slash is clearly slight of hand, Axl is clearly delusional.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:58:23 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2009, 11:17:41 AM »

What a load of bollocks this all is

Any reasonable person can see that both sides has failings.

Slash is clearly slight of hand, Axl is clearly delusional.

Best post since the all encompassing "they're both full of shit". yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »

I mean why should he be the sole person to decide what music to do etc?

That sounds like Velvet Revolver with Scott!  hihi

Axl wasn't the only one deciding. He just didn't want to do all the Snakepit songs.

so why couldn't Axl throw Slash a bone and do some songs his way?

He did, Slash wasn't happy and took all the songs to go do Snakepit.

Slash wanted to be the one deciding.

That's just a comfortable way for some of you to accept that your idol isn't as cool as his image.

It's easier to come to grips with it when you can blame Axl too.

/jarmo

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2009, 12:02:08 PM »

Sigh, it goes on.

The sooner we can weed out the extremist nutbag cult weirdo element on both sides that enable this shite .....the better off we can all be, and get back to being fans of the music. (that doesnt mean being unable to criticise rationally)

This Mum V Dad thing is crap, and those that enable  by saying things like 'axlites' 'slash fans' etc etc should grow up get a life, and in the immortal words...' live your life'.

Its funny, people talk about world peace ,yet we have a bunch of internet dorks getting theyre panties caught up in a bunch cos they feel theyre rock superhero is infallible compared to the other guys wet dream hero.

Lecture over Smiley

The anaology Ive used before is:

Brian May and Axl disagree 100% on theyre stories on what happened with catcher.
Does this make either guy a liar???

Perhaps yes.

MUCH more likely its 2 people with differing versions of events based on theyre PERCEPTIONS.

Most rational people with no ideological barrow to push would conclude the same with Axl n Slash.

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2009, 12:09:13 PM »

That's just a comfortable way for some of you to accept that your idol isn't as cool as his image.

/jarmo

[/quote]

Are you on drugs???

Axl CLEARLY isnt an angel and clearly can be very ,very difficult to get along with, so clearly according to most ex members (who funnily enough all concur), a large proportion of bands that toured with GNR in theyre heydey, all of Axl's notable GF's, ex managers Axl was at least equally partly to blame for oh so many things.

But perhaps It's all a MASSIVE conspiracy

Perhaps IZZY lied too??
Read my thoughts about Brian May above.

Anyway I give up, Im off to talk reason to religionists

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »

/jarmo

I hope the above was not directed at me, Slash is hardly my "idol".  

I find it hard to believe a word he says...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »

Axl is clearly delusional.

rofl  HAHAHA!!! Well done man, finally someone has said it!

Anyways, Slash,Duff and matt played on loads of material that they werent really into.  Once the piano/keyboards came out, that was it for the old guns.  I mean did "pretty tied up" and "civil war" really need keyboards!  

Did Chinese Democracy really need to be worked on for 15 years, or did it really need the ridiculous entrance to TWAT!

Also, when i saw GNR live in 06, did they really need to cover christina aguilera's "We are beautiful".  HAHAHA!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2009, 12:18:51 PM »

Sigh, it goes on.

Of course.

I disagree with what D said because he's wrong!

I'm only making sure people get the correct facts and not some story that changes every other week.

Are you on drugs???

Ah, so because I disagree with you I must be either stupid and/or on drugs.

I'm probably sober more days of the year than you.... So, there goes that theory.

Axl CLEARLY isnt an angel and clearly can be very ,very difficult to get along with, so clearly according to most ex members (who funnily enough all concur), a large proportion of bands that toured with GNR in theyre heydey, all of Axl's notable GF's, ex managers Axl was at least equally partly to blame for oh so many things.

Former employees and other people from the past are always the most reliable sources aren't they?

Since this is the VR section, you might wanna look at the bands Slash has been in since GN'R. You might notice how Snakepit changed members multiple times and how VR is without a singer because of how nice those guys were to each other.

Maybe the fact that VR imploded can be blamed on Axl too?

If you think the former members are always 100% honest when they talk about Axl, you're the one on drugs.

I hope the above was not directed at me, Slash is hardly my "idol".  

No, it was a general statement.

It seems easier to think that your idol isn't perfect when you can add "but, Axl's also full of it".....

Roll Eyes

Did Chinese Democracy really need to be worked on for 15 years, or did it really need the ridiculous entrance to TWAT!

Also, when i saw GNR live in 06, did they really need to cover christina aguilera's "We are beautiful".  HAHAHA!

Clearly an open minded GN'R fan.

And once again, the VR fans are discussing Axl instead of Slash.....  rofl

This was supposed to be about the irony in the fact that after all these years, Slash isn't commenting on Axl.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:20:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: