Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62989 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2009, 08:36:04 PM »

And in the bio he wrote about Guns N Roses and his relationship with the members of that band. Jesus! Who would have thought it?!

Who would've thought that people who were there with him would object to him "setting the record straight about GN'R" and then just basically telling the story like he wants us to remember it, instead of sticking to the truth?

When even Duff says he doesn't recall the events like Slash does.

How weird that people react!

Sometimes I find the level of fanaticism on this board just plain creepy.

Yeah, it's so creepy to believe in something and support it.

In this case, GN'R.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:39:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2009, 11:46:02 PM »

And in the bio he wrote about Guns N Roses and his relationship with the members of that band. Jesus! Who would have thought it?!

Who would've thought that people who were there with him would object to him "setting the record straight about GN'R" and then just basically telling the story like he wants us to remember it, instead of sticking to the truth?

When even Duff says he doesn't recall the events like Slash does.

How weird that people react!

In this case, GN'R.

/jarmo

Jarmo, I love you portray GNR as some sort of Religion or Faith that you must "beleive" in.  Its a fucking rock n roll band born from the gutter that made it to the peak of the highest mountain from busting their ass.  But that is about where it stops.  Lets not make GNR something they are not. 

Pretty much everyone here supports GNR or they would not be here. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:47:35 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2009, 12:45:24 AM »

I get tired of the sentiment around here, on a Guns n' Roses (which, by the way, includes many versions of the band) site, that Axl is the be-all-end-all idol whose every word is taken as absolute fact and if Slash said it then he must always be lying.  It gets old.   

Of course you do.

As you said, Guns N' Roses site.

Axl is in GN'R, Slash isn't.  ok

If you go to a Slash site, then you might notice how they support him and his career.

We support GN'R in 2009, and Slash isn't part of the band. If that's an issue for you, maybe you've misunderstood something about this site?

/jarmo

Ok, you just pissed me off, so I'll repeat myself again.   Roll Eyes  I started here several years ago after searching through many GnR sites which seemed to be either pretty exclusively about either "then" or "now".  I wasn't interested because, for me,  that's not what GnR is really about.  GnR is a band which has existed for a long time and includes many different versions and members.   I found this site and really liked it because it was about GnR as a whole, I thought, at that time.  Obviously, that's changed. 

Now, it's "we support GnR in 2009".     

"As you said, Guns N' Roses site. Axl is in GN'R, Slash isn't.  ok"

I thought this was (well it used to be) more of an all emcompassing site.  A GnR site.  That includes a lot of people, including Slash, among others.   

"We support GN'R in 2009, and Slash isn't part of the band. If that's an issue for you, maybe you've misunderstood something about this site?"

Maybe I have misunderstood something.  As far as I'm concerned, GnR includes a fuck of a lot more than just what exists today, in 2009.  If you think it's just that, then I believe that's a pretty narrow minded view of what GnR is about and has ever been.  If you truly just want to support the 2009 version then why don't you just make this site exclusively that, if that's what it is for you?   

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:04:23 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2009, 12:51:36 AM »

I get tired of the sentiment around here, on a Guns n' Roses (which, by the way, includes many versions of the band) site, that Axl is the be-all-end-all idol whose every word is taken as absolute fact and if Slash said it then he must always be lying.  It gets old.   

Of course you do.

As you said, Guns N' Roses site.

Axl is in GN'R, Slash isn't.  ok

If you go to a Slash site, then you might notice how they support him and his career.

We support GN'R in 2009, and Slash isn't part of the band. If that's an issue for you, maybe you've misunderstood something about this site?

/jarmo

Are you basically admitting that this site is biased against ex members of GnR... whoever they may be?

Sounds that way, doesn't it?  If it's going to be that way, then why even fucking bother having anything about ex-members?   
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2009, 12:54:55 AM »

Hypothetical question:  If Robin comes out in the future and says Axl was really hard to get along with and he couldn't stay any longer and that's why he went back to NIN is he going to get slagged the way anyone else says these things are?

Oh, I'm sure he will be.  After all, it's about GnR 2009, you know. 

This is supposed to be a fan site about GnR.  But only if you're a fan of today's version.   
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2009, 12:56:26 AM »

In this case, GN'R.

/jarmo

But only if it's the 2009 version. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2009, 02:00:13 AM »

The 2009 version is what GnR is now.   You are talking about what GnR was, and is no longer.   It used to be, but not today.   Its not hard to understand.  peace

why argue about it?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2009, 02:26:30 AM »

No, that's not it (and no kidding, by the way).  Did you even read what I tried to say?   

You know - it doesn't even fucking matter, because this place has gone from what I thought was a pretty good site about GnR to only about GnR today and God help anyone who wants to think differently.  So, if it's just about today and you can't talk about anything different and Axl has become THE idol around here, then it's become just another one-sided lame site.   It's not about Guns and Roses anymore, it's about 2009 and that's it.  That's not GnR and what it's about, for some of us around here anyway. What a bunch of shit.     

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2009, 02:32:32 AM »

so you are telling us the current lineup isn't GnR?

I mean it is what it is.   
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2009, 05:01:58 AM »

A lot of people have good points about this site.  If your not  a 100%  Axl worshipper than you are gonna get bashed on here.  A classic example of this of this is D.  he always makes good points and admits to being an Axl AND slash fan.  Still he gets bashed if he questions Axl.  When I commented on the guns n roses section, I was accused of trolling.  But they're always on here too!  So lets all just focus on Axl Rose and agree with all that he says! - oh wait, isnt this the VR section  rofl

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2009, 09:36:45 AM »

so you are telling us the current lineup isn't GnR?

I mean it is what it is.   

That's not at all what I meant and, somehow, I think you know that.  Do I need to reiterate what I said in another way?    I feel like you just took everything I wrote and turned it right around to the opposite.   
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2009, 09:38:40 AM »

Axl is incapable of lying.
Axl walks on water.
Axl turns water in to wine.
Axl cures cancer with his tears.
Axl is the greatest musician in the world ever.
Axl never makes mistakes.
Axl is a prophet from God.

I believe, I believe, I believe.

If you don't believe this then you have no business being here.  There is no concern for the perspectives of others here, only Axl's.  Who cares that if not for theother 4 originals Axl would be building cars back in Lafayette, that's irrelevant here because this in GnR 2009.  Love it or leave it, baby!!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »

"We support GN'R in 2009, and Slash isn't part of the band. If that's an issue for you, maybe you've misunderstood something about this site?"

buckethead and robin finck aren't too. does it means we don't have to support chinese democracy ?

I support every member of guns n'roses. a lot of them said a lot of bullshit in the past years, but I don't care too much.
even Lennon said shit about Macca. people lied about others, bashing, etc. but it's only a question of love.
if you don't love someone at all, you don't even talk about him. souvenirs are painfull sometimes.
Guns N'Roses is a moving entity, some people joins, some people left. some becomes ennemies of Axl, it doesn't mean
we have to agree with him, even if, I admit, I rarely think he's wrong and I understand why.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2009, 12:19:07 PM »

Man, I love the 'Slash lies, so therefore Axl has done no wrong' argument. Sometimes I find the level of fanaticism on this board just plain creepy. For someone to have their rational way of thinking so impaired by an individual that it insites absolute blind loyalty and sycophancy is a worry.

BINGO
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »

I thought this was (well it used to be) more of an all emcompassing site.  A GnR site.  That includes a lot of people, including Slash, among others.      

Yeah, the focus is on today.

So if you have a problem with something like accepting this current band as GN'R, you might need another site. That's all.....

This issue seems to arise quite often among you confused Slash fans for some reason.

You seem to think that because Slash was in GN'R until 1996, we need to support all his actions. If that's the case, you might need a Slash fan site.

buckethead and robin finck aren't too. does it means we don't have to support chinese democracy ?

Whatever you say.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2009, 01:07:19 PM »

Jarmo, you are just as bad as the slash defenders when it comes to defending Axl.

You only wanna see it your way.

Which is why you rejected the  "they're both full of shit" comment because it equally blames Axl as it does Slash.

My comment is not about saving Slashs image. I couldnt give a damn about Slash. Hes over-rated to fuck.

html sucks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2009, 01:16:05 PM »

Jarmo, you are just as bad as the slash defenders when it comes to defending Axl.

So? This is a GN'R site.

I never understood the whole idea of being a fan of something means you have to point fingers and bash the things you're a fan of.

I'm not in high school anymore so I don't worry if somebody thinks it's uncool to say things like "I think GN'R is the best band in the word".

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2009, 01:17:02 PM »

Which is why you rejected the  "they're both full of shit" comment because it equally blames Axl as it does Slash.

My comment is not about saving Slashs image. I couldnt give a damn about Slash. Hes over-rated to fuck.

difference is Axl is in GnR, Slash is not, hasn't been for 13 years, and he's not even on the latest album.

I don't go to Slash boards and bash everything Slash does and talk about how much I love Axl.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »

difference is Axl is in GnR, Slash is not, hasn't been for 13 years, and he's not even on the latest album.

I don't go to Slash boards and bash everything Slash does and talk about how much I love Axl.

U do that enough here in the VR Forum or Slash related threads hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2009, 01:36:57 PM »

So? This is a GN'R site.

I never understood the whole idea of being a fan of something means you have to point fingers and bash the things you're a fan of.

I'm not in high school anymore so I don't worry if somebody thinks it's uncool to say things like "I think GN'R is the best band in the word".

/jarmo
So doing so makes you a hypocrite.

You are passionate about Guns N Roses, And Axls vision and musical contributions.  So , because the music he makes and the guys in the band now, mean alot to you. You want to defend them because you believe in them, yes?

So the people who are fans of slash, talking about slash, defending slash, in the EX-GUNNERS/VELEVET REVOLVER section are going to do the same are they not, because what he is/was apart of, means alot to them too.

So telling them , they are blind or this and that. Yet you will deny Axl having part of any wrong doing is hypocritical.

I feel both Axl AND Slash are full of crap. But i dont see your need to preach to the Slash/VR fans in the section designated to them.  If it was in any of the other sections on the forum, fair enough, justified. But surely its expected here.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: