Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:49:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?  (Read 179727 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2009, 08:56:39 PM »

I don't think people trully put this album in the light of what's going on in the music today.

There were some astonishing vocals and guitar performances in this album not found ANYWHERE in mainstream music. Even if it sounds weird at first, it gets surprisingly catchy in all of the songs once you get used to it. And many people doesn't really give it a chance for what it is - they rather judge it by its making, the time that it took, the line-up or the different sounding.

Not fair in my opinion. If you get the music is to listen to it, not to overanalyse it by the shadow of what you expected it to be. And I think Axl did an amazing job in trying to move on instead of being stucked in people's expectations. He didn't want to prostitute himself for the sake of those people.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2009, 09:10:24 PM »

No, I get that you prefer bands like Hardcore Superstar. Bands that never offer anything new to the world. They just like to party and sing about it.   Wink

When somebody idolizes bands that wear more make up than most girls, it's no wonder Chinese Democracy doesn't work for you.

That's like expecting a hardcore Poison fan to "get" the new Depeche Mode album.... Might happen, but there's a big possibility that it won't.

I'm glad bands like that exist so you can get that void filled.

Because GN'R isn't gonna keep re-doing Appetite over and over again. It's been obvious since about 1991....

/jarmo

Seriously man these days you come off as bitter & resented, the guy just said personally he feels it lacks something which some dedicated nu-fans have agreed with. Your acting as if the album is the holy grail and nothing else is allowed to top it or be listened to, chill the hell out.

So the fuck what if he likes Hardcore Superstar, he never compared it - you did! I'm sorry but is having a wide musical taste frowned upon? If so I'm guilty of loving Thin Lizzy, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rush, BSC, Beach Boys, Fleetwood Mac, Stone Gods, Bumblefoot & Neil Young among others. Just cause your a fan of a band doesn't mean you have to be religiously dedicated to just them 24/7.

Also, I love how you alway use petty sarcasm to hide your lack of an answer to make yourself look "COOLZ!?!" online, its cute.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »

Bitter? Well thank you Mr Freud.

It's funny how these accusations of me being obsessed with my "online image" comes from people who don't know me.

hihi

Make myself look cool. Good one.

All I said was that it makes a lot of sense if you don't get Chinese Democracy if many of the other bands you idolize is trying to re-create what GN'R did in 1987.

If your idea of the perfect sound/album was made in 1987, chances are nothing will ever be great if it sounds like it was made in 2009!

It's common sense to me. I guess not to you since you got so "upset" that you had to jump in and try to insult me.  hihi

Surprise surprise, it's always about how I look online, how sad I am, I, I, I..... Never about the topic.

Now that's cute.

Maybe not as "cute" as the guys in Loud 'N' Nasty though.....

Since when is Hardcore Superstar the definition of a broad musical taste?

Wow. You listen to a lot of rock music. That's broad....  Here I thought listening to other genres besides rock is the definition of a broad taste. I guess my taste in music is extremely limited.... I guess that's what makes me uncool. Sad

I hope I look cool now! I must get some cool points for using the F-word....
It's really important to me to impress a bunch of teenagers online who listen to music I can't relate to.  yes

* fingers crossed *

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #383 on: June 25, 2009, 10:03:19 PM »

It's funny how these accusations of me being obsessed with my "online image" comes from people who don't know me

No, its funny how you regularly accuse people of not being "real fans" if they say anything other than 5 star top notch or masterpiece, despite it coming from a person (unfortunatly you amigo) who doesn't know them. (see how the contradictions transact?)

On-topic:
It's not about not "getting" the album, I get the album & I love it but I can respect that there are some people who don't like a certain part which is where I think your being abit naive, take for example I can't stand Pink Floyd but I can understand why some people would enjoy it. People have different tastes from one another, if the world ran like your trying to say, we'd all be standing in a circle singing fucking Coldplay songs.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2009, 11:36:05 PM »

People can't help what they feel.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2009, 11:39:59 PM »

I wonder what Axl thinks of Michael Jackson's death?

It is moments like this I wish Axl would embrace and take advantage of the gifts and opportunities he has while he still can.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #386 on: June 26, 2009, 08:01:30 AM »

Shows how much you know Jarmo, douchebag. Hardcore Superstars new album is infact a great mix of thrash and glam metal, there isnt another metal album out before it or at the moment that sounds like it.

Im actually not a big fan of Loud N Nasty, i enjoyed one album they did.

I dont care about about Axl Roses looks, hes in his 40s. I enjoy ALOT of music. But obviously since i dont jack off over photos of Axl Rose every night according to you i only listen to Glam. And id rather like guys that stayed true to what they were than someone who tried to become Enimem when he came back to try and appeal to the youth of the times. I think THATS an example of an image concious artist!!!

Get this into your thick head Jarmo. Chinese Democracy, to me, was an ok album. Ive never spoken bad of it, i gave my point in this thread saying i think it failed commercially due to a lack of promotion, which is undeniable. I also added that it didnt blow me away. I didnt put "this album fucking sucks, it sounds nothing like Appetite" blah blah blah. I didnt want it to sound like Appetite, i just wanted a strong album i could enjoy. The album failed to reach me on that level.

So fuck you, talking complete shit about me when you know nothing about me.

Heres something for you to go jack off over since you blatantly wanna be in that girls position.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #387 on: June 26, 2009, 08:04:06 AM »

I wonder what Axl thinks of Michael Jackson's death?

It is moments like this I wish Axl would embrace and take advantage of the gifts and opportunities he has while he still can.

I dunno man, using an Icons death to further your own end seems a lil bit low to me. I hope Axl doesnt do that.

html sucks
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #388 on: June 26, 2009, 08:13:04 AM »

I think he meant "go on tour and make great music while he is still alive", not "comment on Michael's death and use the opportunity to promote himself".
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #389 on: June 26, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »

I think he meant "go on tour and make great music while he is still alive", not "comment on Michael's death and use the opportunity to promote himself".
ahh right. So Axl using it as a lesson.

Thats cool then.

html sucks
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #390 on: June 26, 2009, 09:06:22 AM »

Shows how much you know Jarmo, douchebag. Hardcore Superstars new album is infact a great mix of thrash and glam metal, there isnt another metal album out before it or at the moment that sounds like it.

I dont care about about Axl Roses looks, hes in his 40s. I enjoy ALOT of music. But obviously since i dont jack off over photos of Axl Rose every night according to you i only listen to Glam. And id rather like guys that stayed true to what they were than someone who tried to become Enimem when he came back to try and appeal to the youth of the times. I think THATS an example of an image concious artist!!!

Get this into your thick head Jarmo. Chinese Democracy, to me, was an ok album. Ive never spoken bad of it, i gave my point in this thread saying i think it failed commercially due to a lack of promotion, which is undeniable. I also added that it didnt blow me away. I didnt put "this album fucking sucks, it sounds nothing like Appetite" blah blah blah. I didnt want it to sound like Appetite, i just wanted a strong album i could enjoy. The album failed to reach me on that level.

Heres something for you to go jack off over since you blatantly wanna be in that girls position.

look, you will never win trying to convince certain people on this board you are not a hater.  If you dont think CD is axl's best work ever with the best line up ever you are a hater, PEriod!  Its funny young kids who didt even know who gnr were when they were the biggest thing on earth, come on here and act likme gnr experts.  If you say you didnt like the close Axl had on one day, you are automatically a hater, and stuck in trhe past?  News flash, when those bands of the past come out and PLAY MUSIC, they have no problem bringing in the crowds. Young and old
look, you will never win trying to convince certain people on this board you are not a hater.  If you dont think CD is axl's best work ever with the best line up ever you are a hater, PEriod!  Its funny young kids who didt even know who gnr were when they were the biggest thing on earth, come on here and act likme gnr experts.  If you say you didnt like the close Axl had on one day, you are automatically a hater, and stuck in trhe past?  News flash, when those bands of the past come out and PLAY MUSIC, they have no problem bringing in the crowds. Young and old
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:21:20 AM by freddiebrph » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #391 on: June 26, 2009, 09:09:40 AM »

No, its funny how you regularly accuse people of not being "real fans" if they say anything other than 5 star top notch or masterpiece, despite it coming from a person (unfortunatly you amigo) who doesn't know them. (see how the contradictions transact?)

I'll spell it out just for you: I didn't say anything about real fans in that post. Ok?

Even if I did, I'm allowed to have my opinion. You're one of those people who gets offended when somebody says "you're not really a fan are you?".

Feeling insecure?

Shows how much you know Jarmo, douchebag.

Shocked

Get this into your thick head Jarmo. Chinese Democracy, to me, was an ok album.

Cry

I already got that.

I already got that in the middle of all the hairspray, make up and spandex, Chinese Democracy isn't the kind of album you want to listen to.

I explained why it makes "sense" to me.

I basically said that since you're used to a musical diet consisting mostly of crap, it makes sense you can't appreciate a masterpiece.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #392 on: June 26, 2009, 09:16:20 AM »

Donatella Versace and Axl at a fashion show, now that's sexy Huh

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #393 on: June 26, 2009, 09:26:10 AM »

Yeah, maybe you'd remember it if Axl had worn the same clothes he did in 1986....

Like many of those bands that make the so called "memorable music".

rofl

/jarmo

Not for nothing but what does Mr. Lee not being blown away by the album have to do with the way Axl dressed in 86? He never said anything about wanting it to sound like AFD. He just gave an opinion and is getting blasted for it. So what if he wasnt blown away by the album. I wasnt either. Very little albums blow me away anymore. While I thought it was a very good album I wasnt blown away by it either. But im not expected to like all of the music by bands that I like. Im a huge Beatles fan and dont like everything they put out. Doesnt make me any less of a fan of the band.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #394 on: June 26, 2009, 09:28:44 AM »

It was a joke.

You see, there's this glam rock scene going on. Many of the bands are from this country, Sweden.

They all dress and act like it's 1987 all over again.

To me personally it's hilarious because I never liked that scene to begin with. So to see it pop up again 20+ years later in Sweden, that's just funny.

/jarmo

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: June 26, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »

It was a joke.

You see, there's this glam rock scene going on. Many of the bands are from this country, Sweden.

To me personally it's hilarious because I never liked that scene to begin with. So to see it pop up again 20+ years later in Sweden, that's just funny.

/jarmo

Ok. I didnt know that wss going on in Sweden. That is funny.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #396 on: June 26, 2009, 10:48:03 AM »

You lost me on the whole If you dont think CD is Axls best work then your a hater? Thats ridiculous. Are we not allowed to have opinions without being labeled haters? I like CD. Do I think it represents his best work? No. Am I a fan? Yes. Am I stuck in the past because I dont think CD is his best work? No, because GNR's music is timeless. What was cool in 87 or 92 is still pretty cool today. If you dont agree thats cool but most of there "classic" still get heavy radio airplay worldwide.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #397 on: June 26, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »

It was a joke.

/jarmo
1987 my ass. A few of those bands in there earlier days may have looked 87 era bands. But they long developed since, and the music is much heavier.

At the end of the day though, you are not a fan so you know jack shit about the scene and the bands in it, especially what there music sounds like.

And i believe its opinion that what i like is "diet of crap". You bum off Depeche Mode, i dont like that bands music, but i dont say they are crap, nor do i even think they are crap.  But i wont pretend to be educated on them, like you are trying to pretend to be educated on what i like.

Im tired of your constant change in attitudes. One minute its talking normally, but the second someone doesnt absolutely rape CD its all guns blazing hating and talking bullshit. Im fed up with your predictable, and sad attitude.

Please dont bother replying to any of my future posts and i wont bother replying to yours.

You are boring and ignorant.

html sucks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #398 on: June 26, 2009, 11:24:46 AM »

"What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?"

That it's not supposed to be "Appetite For Destruction - volume II" or "Use Your Illusion III".

Im tired of your constant change in attitudes.

I only have one attitude:

"Here's my opinion, if you don't like it, too fucking bad!"  Tongue

Just like you people defend your right to say that you don't have to like Chinese Democracy, I have a right to ask you why.

It seems like some of you are a bit insecure because as soon as you're questioned, the insults start flying around.

The poster above for example, I'm not surprised he doesn't get the album because I've seen the kind of bands he posts about in the Bad Obsession section. Let's just say it's not Radiohead, Pink Floyd or other bands that might "demand" something from the listener.

But when I point that out, it's all about "kiss your Axl poster", "thick head" etc.

In my opinion, the ones with the thick heads are the ones who don't get Chinese Democracy.....  Lips Sealed

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #399 on: June 26, 2009, 11:46:27 AM »

Just like you people defend your right to say that you don't have to like Chinese Democracy, I have a right to ask you why.
Why is it your right to ask why though? Why would you even care if someone enjoys the old stuff over CD? Especially those who dont bash CD but just have the opinion that its "ok".

By you asking why they dont like it comes across as if your trying to be the CD police.

Bands release albums over their careers. Not every fan is going to like all of the bands work over that time. Some might prefer the old stuff to the new, some might prefer the new to the old. In the end they are still fans and supporters. And they have every right to be here because they are fans of GNR. This is a GNR board, not a Chinese Democracy board.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: