Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:50:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Surprise Gigs Coming" -From Axl
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Surprise Gigs Coming" -From Axl  (Read 54780 times)
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »

thin ice in this case = censoring GN'R news coming from people involved with them.
Which part of "former manager" didn't make sense to you?
At that point he was not involved with the band.

to our knowledge he was for years until short before the "letter-issue" happened. that makes his point of view very listenable...hearing his version. but you cant even read his version on any other board topics here, it was completely deleted. and  that IS out of line IMO, but its your playground any my guess is you were asked to remove it and did.

now back to suprise shows, which i surely rate an upgrade on their current way....the next cool step!

According to you, it's "listenable". I disagree!

/jarmo

Jarmo, don't feel like you have to defend yourself all the time, its your site dude and I personally think its the best GnR site out there by a mile, fuck the doubters mate.

Funny how some go on about the censorship on this site but keep coming back? If you don't like how its run then go somewhere else, It confuses me, how some think its wrong that Jarmo tries to protect his favourite band, why wouldn't he?

I'm all worked up now so I'm off for a lay down but seriously, if you don't like how this site is run......................fuck off
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2010, 01:38:22 PM »

thin ice in this case = censoring GN'R news coming from people involved with them.
Which part of "former manager" didn't make sense to you?
At that point he was not involved with the band.

to our knowledge he was for years until short before the "letter-issue" happened. that makes his point of view very listenable...hearing his version. but you cant even read his version on any other board topics here, it was completely deleted. and  that IS out of line IMO, but its your playground any my guess is you were asked to remove it and did.

now back to suprise shows, which i surely rate an upgrade on their current way....the next cool step!

According to you, it's "listenable". I disagree!

/jarmo

Jarmo, don't feel like you have to defend yourself all the time, its your site dude and I personally think its the best GnR site out there by a mile, fuck the doubters mate./b]

Funny how some go on about the censorship on this site but keep coming back? If you don't like how its run then go somewhere else, It confuses me, how some think its wrong that Jarmo tries to protect his favourite band, why wouldn't he?

I'm all worked up now so I'm off for a lay down but seriously, if you don't like how this site is run......................fuck off

Agreed, and let's hire him some ninjas. He can't be expected to fight off all the haters, what with that 100 lb backpack of his surgically embedded into his spine.

Jarmo's in one of those positions. He's done well by the band, and they've taken care of him in kind, but since Axl can't be on every forum, at every second, Jarmo takes up the defenses, and shoots down any shit. I'm not saying this is an official arrangement, but that's the way it worked out. And he does it well.

And why is it, every time something comes up, there's a few people on the boards that drag out any shit they can possibly think of.  Personally, I prefer the lack memory I have, thereby not retaining any of the bullshit from before.

Don't mess with my system by rehashing garbage that's already been taken care of long ago

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2010, 01:50:21 PM »

your opinion: you disagree
your arguments for that: none

Yeah, it might appear that way for people who have trouble understanding/reading what I say/post.

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna repeat myself just because you choose to either ignore what I said or it just doesn't register with you.

just the "not involved in the band anymore"-talking or "its my board" aint real arguments in this case, you know that.

Once again, your opinion. One amongst many.

Unfortunately for you, your opinion isn't the one that this board is run according to..... Sorry, somebody had to let you know.

I make my decisions on what I think is right. The decision in question, I made over three years ago and you're still talking about it.

Oh, by the way, I'd make the same decision today if I had to.

Why? Go read the explanation. I'm not repeating myself.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2010, 02:14:04 PM »

off course i did read that "explanation" and your replies, doesnt change a thing that there are no real objective arguments why Merck's version of the letter-accident shouldnt at least be listed on a big GN'R board.

hey LordRazZ, thanks for Jackie Chan!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2010, 02:16:24 PM »

Why does this happen all the time, in almost every new thread? Its ok to have different opinions on the band, good songs, not that good songs, tours
bla bla bla... Thats what fan messageboards are about. What i dont think is that ok, is people poisoning the board, spread fake gossip, bring fake claims,
talk shit about band members, and just make bad tension, just to get some attention. Cencsorship IS a cancer, in the way people denies you from getting the truth. But to cencsor people who spread lies, talk shit about others without even knowing anything else then "someone told them", (and even insiders deny their claims)... that should be an obligation on the board.

This is for sure the best GnR fan forum out there. This is a place were fans come to talk about a band they like.. if their not fans, then go join the Eagles of death metal, and spread more bullshit and gossip over there! Im pretty sure they would like that company much better!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #205 on: February 11, 2010, 02:32:54 PM »

About Merck: just read Bumblefoot interview, that's more than enough to me to see how jarmo was right.

About the "surprise gigs": if the band is indeed doing the Fashion Week stuff, it would be awesome to promote the album and tour.

NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »

When I hear people arguing here about the board (i.e. what to post, what can't be posted, what's to be removed, why was it removed, etc.) I think of my little kid and how he throws a temper tantrum when I ask him to do the littlest thing. I mean who the fuck cares - just do it because I said so. Now, maybe this isn't the best of analogies, but isn't this Jarmo's Web site and message board? Fucking leave if you don't like the way he does things. Don't complain because it's not going to do any good. It's his site - accept it. This isn't the fucking government where democracy (no pun intended) is supposedly alive and well. This is someone's private board to do whatever he wants. So without trying to sound like a ball-licking ass-kisser, Jarmo is the king here, and if you don't want to be banished from the kingdom, then play by the dude's rules and quit starting so many damn arguments. It took me 20 minutes to read through this thread because of nitpicking BS. Thanks, that's my rant for the day (and it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular). ok
plissken2013
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2010, 02:58:04 PM »

off course i did read that "explanation" and your replies, doesnt change a thing that there are no real objective arguments why Merck's version of the letter-accident shouldnt at least be listed on a big GN'R board.

Are you a retard? Can't you fucking read? Go somewhere else, make a forum where you'll be always right, where you'll be able to investigate the "truth"...and stay the fuck there.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
Someone please tell me it's not a train
Cracker

Political correctness is for dumbasses

Mods are the new Hitlers
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2010, 03:12:21 PM »

LOL Madison is a fraud and she's been told!

I've been waiting for this day for YEARS!  you have no fucking idea!

hahahahahahahahaha LOLOLOLOLOL.

heheheh me too  Wink

I'm tired of reading how she built up that forum...

All she did was spread negativity and lies within the community...

Last time I logged in that forum was when she called us liars about the 2006 London acoustic show. Now that was an awesome experience!!!

Karma is a bitch, right Madison?

I remember that day too and how she had a jealousy attack and how she deleted a lot of your posts .

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2010, 03:13:12 PM »

Is there anyway we can get rid of the stuff in this thread that does not have to do with the surprise gigs? Something awesome is coming up and let's stick to that in this thread, please.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »

Is there anyway we can get rid of the stuff in this thread that does not have to do with the surprise gigs? Something awesome is coming up and let's stick to that in this thread, please.

Please, you have to understand that what has happended is a historic moment in GNR forumland  Grin

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2010, 03:29:27 PM »

WRIF in Detroit just said that the surprise gig is the Fashion Week thing people guessed about.

DAMNIT.

If that's true, I totally could've found a way to be there.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #212 on: February 11, 2010, 03:37:33 PM »

Proves my point of the whole "bringing old shit back up".

Has this thread gone around in circles long enough to shut it down yet Jarmo?

Oh, and if you need a real, objective argument?

Because they said so.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #213 on: February 11, 2010, 04:13:23 PM »

I mean who the fuck cares -

I do as I view it as a source for gnr-news and gnr-related news, articles etc.

This has been changed to a more fundamental fansite, but thats the way it is I guess.

Lets look forward to the suprise. peace

Edit:

Ok wtf!, I just read the Dexter-post. coffee
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:30:02 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #214 on: February 11, 2010, 04:15:38 PM »

I mean who the fuck cares -

I do as I view it as a source for gnr-news and gnr-related news, articles etc.

This has been changed to a more fundamental fansite, but thats the way it is I guess.

Lets look forward to the suprise. peace

Ha ha, actually in that part of the rant I was referring to what I'm thinking when my kid is questioning me ok
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #215 on: February 11, 2010, 04:57:30 PM »

Is the surprise gig tonite ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: February 11, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »

your opinion: you disagree
your arguments for that: none

Yeah, it might appear that way for people who have trouble understanding/reading what I say/post.

I'm sorry but I'm not gonna repeat myself just because you choose to either ignore what I said or it just doesn't register with you.

just the "not involved in the band anymore"-talking or "its my board" aint real arguments in this case, you know that.

Once again, your opinion. One amongst many.

Unfortunately for you, your opinion isn't the one that this board is run according to..... Sorry, somebody had to let you know.

I make my decisions on what I think is right. The decision in question, I made over three years ago and you're still talking about it.

Oh, by the way, I'd make the same decision today if I had to.

Why? Go read the explanation. I'm not repeating myself.  Smiley

/jarmo

why do people get so seriously irritated? its just a band...

Oh My God i cant deny this...
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2010, 05:19:20 PM »

why do people get so seriously irritated? its just a band...

Actually, for some of us, GN'R is a lifestyle.

Cool, surprise gigs!

As far as Merck goes, Bumble shed all kinds of light on his motus operendi.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2010, 05:32:06 PM »

I Think Limulus may of have had a point before we heard what bumble had to say about merck. Knowing how he treated the band and fans in the first place i very much doubt he deserves any sort of media outlet to get fans against Axl and the band. i'm happy he has been removed from the GN'R camp.

Jarmo's Job is very difficult. most members of a gn'r board couldn't agree on a single subject. everyone sees things their own way and somehow it's expected for Jarmo to please everyone? that doesn't seem neither fair nor likely to happen.

I happen to think jarmo is very reasonable and i have my own reason's for that. i'm sure many that attack him because of this have an agenda. but this forum is for the people that enjoy coming here. i've been visiting this forum since 98 and it feels like home and the reason for that is Jarmo.

So i guess it's not really my place to say this, but anyone who doesn't really feel comfortable about how things are run around here, why even stay? create your own website and do it the way you want to. but as far as i know it's gonna be difficult to create such a pro GNR site like this one.

Chinese Democracy!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2010, 07:23:40 PM »

Jarmo! You don't get paid enough. lol I feel for you having to defend your words all the time. The original words should be enough people.

On the subject and this is only an opinion. I never trusted Mercks word to begin with. So I would never trust if after he was let go. People tend to have a really negative attitude after losing a job. lol So I think Axls letter was a very good idea. Yeah Axl statement is only one sided but I would still trust it over a fired workers. lol
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: