Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ALBUM FROM CURRENT LINE UP
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALBUM FROM CURRENT LINE UP  (Read 17349 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2010, 01:07:19 PM »

And I also stated how there is no point in re-recording a guitar part just to have a certain someone, play it for the sake of them being on the record.

remember "TSI" rhythm guitar parts or the rhythm guitar part from "sympathy for the devil"-cover? it has happened before, so the question about re-recording under this band name is some legit. hell, they even re-recorded a lot of "live era" in the studio!

Re-Union time, baby!!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »

And I also stated how there is no point in re-recording a guitar part just to have a certain someone, play it for the sake of them being on the record.

remember "TSI" rhythm guitar parts or the rhythm guitar part from "sympathy for the devil"-cover? it has happened before, so the question about re-recording under this band name is some legit. hell, they even re-recorded a lot of "live era" in the studio!

Yes that's true, but you have to realise that the reason why that happened was because there was alot of resentment between GN'R and Izzy back in 93 even after he joined them for a couple of shows. I think Axl has matured alot since then and would probably do things alot differently if put into that situation in this present day.

In regards to live era, that's not even a valid argument because whoever re-recorded whatever parts. They wasn't credited and it was kept a secret for the most part. That wasn't so much for the sake of having the new guys on the record, but it was more to do with needing to do it to make the record listenable.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2010, 01:37:59 PM »

hell, they even re-recorded a lot of "live era" in the studio!
That's because the old band had a so great on stage performance that they had to re-record it in the studio so it'd sound good in the live album. That's not, let's say, Brain's, Ron Thal's or Buckethead's case.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »

still this band has some re-recording issue as proven in releases. remember the boards went crazy fearing that Bucketheads departure would lead to Axl letting re-record his parts as part of his "revenge" like he did before and the album would be delayed much more? thankfully he didnt do so. as long as i'd like to hope no re-recording would be needed for the already recorded/mixed unreleased (upcoming?) CD era songs....you never know, huh? time (hopefully) will tell!

what the hell was that about live era re-recording? quality issue? the old band sucked live or they didnt have recorded quality material during the illusion days? come on, thats lame talking out of any reality. they have high quality recordings from 192 illusion shows, we have some great quality Proshots proven that thats not the case with quality. i would like to get some more serious and honest information from the band about that re-recording live era by the way.

Re-Union time, baby!!
JAC185
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »

Whoever said Shacklers would be a better NIN song what does that evenmean? Unless you would rather hear Trent sing it that makes literally no sense, a song is a song is a song.

A lot of different kinds of songs come under the Guns N Roses umbrella - I have never understood the idea that people think they know what a Guns record should sound like. A Guns record sounds like whatever music is on a Guns record.

I would like to hear a so-called 'classic rocker' purely because Axl has sounded so phenomenal on songs like Nice Boys and Rosie lately that I think it could be mental - but the idea that every emotion he wishes to express through music should take the form of only one sound is a bit ridiculous.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »

GNR has always done different styles of music. I also agree with the fact that not every song can be expressed in one way.   However, not every style fits GNR. Case in point, My World and Oh My God. My World is the worst song by GNR. That was something that shouldn't have been done. Oh My God has great lyrics, but the industrial song doesn't fit into GNR (I know this song was a demo that the record company was not supposed to released, but Axl was experimenting at the time).  Shackler's Revenge good  industrial song, but the song felt more like it could have been done by NIN, Ministry, or Static X.  I like that Axl wants to experiment. I think Better or If The World were songs that showed how experimentation  can work well. I just feel you need to stick with your strengths and expand from there.  I think this is where DJ and Bumblefoot comes into play. They still maintain that GNR style of music while doing some experimentation. This is why I prefer DJ and Bumblefoot over Buckethead and Robin. 

I think other bands are like this as well. Some of my cousins and friends went to see Bon Jovi this summer at the New Meadowlands Stadium. They ALL said the band's  new stuff was awful. Sometime experimentation works and other times it doesn't.  
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:59:58 PM by draguns » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »

GNR has always done different styles of music. I also agree with the fact that not every song can be expressed in one way.   However, not every style fits GNR. Case in point, My World and Oh My God. My World is the worst song by GNR. That was something that shouldn't have been done. Oh My God has great lyrics, but the industrial song doesn't fit into GNR (I know this song was a demo that the record company was not supposed to released, but Axl was experimenting at the time).  Shackler's Revenge good  industrial song, but the song felt more like it could have been done by NIN, Ministry, or Static X.  I like that Axl wants to experiment. I think Better or If The World were songs that showed how experimentation  can work well. I just feel you need to stick with your strengths and expand from there.  I think this is where DJ and Bumblefoot comes into play. They still maintain that GNR style of music while doing some experimentation. This is why I prefer DJ and Bumblefoot over Buckethead and Robin. 

I think other bands are like this as well. Some of my cousins and friends went to see Bon Jovi this summer at the New Meadowlands Stadium. They ALL said the band's  new stuff was awful. Sometime experimentation works and other times it doesn't.  

Last time I'll say this, but "Shackler's Revenge" is not an industrial song.  It is a Buckethead song.  There is very, very little keyboard/synth in that song. 

Ali
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2010, 06:23:47 PM »

Ali, I don't care that this is a Buckethead song or not. It's a very industrialish song.  Lets agree to disagree shall we? I'm just glad that Buckethead is out of GNR. I want to hear more from this lineup. As I said before, this lineup has better chemistry and tightness.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »

Ali, I don't care that this is a Buckethead song or not. It's a very industrialish song.  Lets agree to disagree shall we? I'm just glad that Buckethead is out of GNR. I want to hear more from this lineup. As I said before, this lineup has better chemistry and tightness.
No, it is not an industrial-ish song at all.  Sorry, but it just isn't.  I've listened to enough Front 242, Ministry and NIN to know the distinction created by Buckethead's distinct guitar work.  If you wanna believe it is, by all means.  Ignorance is not a crime  hihi   rofl But, I'll agree on the last statement  ok

Ali
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »

Lol. Ok.  ok Btw, can someone explain to me what this karma thing is about under a person's screen name for this messageboard? I've been meaning to ask this, but never got around to it.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2010, 06:41:25 PM »

As I said before, this lineup has better chemistry and tightness.

Your opinion has been noted, I disagree but that's just my opinion

And Ali is right, Shackler's Revenge is pure Buckethead, not industrial

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2010, 06:41:56 PM »

Lol. Ok.  ok Btw, can someone explain to me what this karma thing is about under a person's screen name for this messageboard? I've been meaning to ask this, but never got around to it.

It's a way for us to keep track of all the people who don't follow our rules.

Simple as that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2010, 07:12:53 PM »

I can't help but wonder what song Ron had on his laptop, back in December of 2008. It was during his meet and greets in London UK, he teased us about having a song which we hadn't heard yet.

I also wonder what the purpose was, in him having it on his laptop. Whether he was coming up with guitar parts, or if he working out a solo while he was over here who knows.

But I think it's cool, that just a few weeks after CDs' release, Ron was still working on some kind of material.

Top guy.  Grin
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2010, 07:27:29 PM »

I can't help but wonder what song Ron had on his laptop, back in December of 2008. It was during his meet and greets in London UK, he teased us about having a song which we hadn't heard yet.

I also wonder what the purpose was, in him having it on his laptop. Whether he was coming up with guitar parts, or if he working out a solo while he was over here who knows.

But I think it's cool, that just a few weeks after CDs' release, Ron was still working on some kind of material.

Top guy.  Grin

He was waiting for some one to steal that laptop, you do know it was Ron who leaked the songs  hihi

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2010, 07:35:35 PM »

GNR has always done different styles of music. I also agree with the fact that not every song can be expressed in one way.   However, not every style fits GNR. Case in point, My World and Oh My God. My World is the worst song by GNR. That was something that shouldn't have been done. Oh My God has great lyrics, but the industrial song doesn't fit into GNR (I know this song was a demo that the record company was not supposed to released, but Axl was experimenting at the time).  

Sorry, but I love them both, think they show a different and spectacular side of Axl/GN'R.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »

GNR has always done different styles of music. I also agree with the fact that not every song can be expressed in one way.   However, not every style fits GNR. Case in point, My World and Oh My God. My World is the worst song by GNR. That was something that shouldn't have been done. Oh My God has great lyrics, but the industrial song doesn't fit into GNR (I know this song was a demo that the record company was not supposed to released, but Axl was experimenting at the time).  

Sorry, but I love them both, think they show a different and spectacular side of Axl/GN'R.

I love My World, Oh My God and Silkworms.  ok

Even if the sound is not the classic blues rock n' roll, we are used to with GN'R. Who cares, GN'R are a band who can do anything, and make it work.

Songs like My World, Oh My God, Silkworms and Riad is what makes Guns N' Roses legendary, and not a regular band like LA Guns.
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2010, 08:18:37 PM »

It's a way for us to keep track of all the people who don't follow our rules.

Simple as that.

/jarmo

Ok two questions regarding this, how does one increase karma? And how come Jarmo's karmo is only a 9 and not a perfect 10?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2010, 08:21:54 PM »

IMHO, Riad is the most close to hard rock in the album. The quick guitar riffs (including the first one which reminds of Hey Bulldog) are all there. Also, Axl's vocals are like Led Zeppelin-ish too (most because it reminds a bit of Immigrant Song). The excellent lead by Robin, BBF and Buckethead only makes it more agressive.

And there aint no NIN song that even comes close to all that. Maybe the awesome Brain drums (arrangement by Josh Freese) are the only thing that vaguely reminds of something more industrial. Also, just like Shacklers, theres minimal synth in there.

About OMG: I just think it had a very bad mixing. It was a trully awesome song and deserved a lot more. But Im still hoping to hear it again in a new shape.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »

I want to clarify what I meant by when I said "Axl seemed to embrace the Industrial/Experimental element more in 2001".

I mean primarily the introduction of songs like Oh My God and Silkworms, I don't think it would be wrong to call these Industrial/Experimental types. And also with the introduction of Robin, who was well known for being in NIN at the time, who are an Industrial and Experimental band in terms of musical style.

But I want to also point out that I don't think Shacklers is industrial, or anything on CD for that matter. I think that's what's so cool about GN'R, they can handle a wide range of different styles. And we still may get to see Silkworms and Oh My God on an album yet, who knows...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: