Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:32:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ALBUM FROM CURRENT LINE UP
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALBUM FROM CURRENT LINE UP  (Read 17354 times)
RR Mafia
Headliner

« on: October 04, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »

Is it possible?Huh Can this band, who have really developed into total monster yes, come off the road and cut an album of new material?  I think that is the way to shut up all critics. crying  Cut a badass hard rock record. ok  12 songs, all killer no filler.  Couple of ballads and the rest in your face.  Capture the energy and momentum that this band has going on right now.  beer

Question is if they started from scratch, could they write a good album?  Huh peace
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »

Anything can happen....everything is possible  peace
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 03:29:17 PM »

That would be great as long as it wasn't at the expense if other great music in the vault and ready to go

Here today...ready to rock
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:34:55 PM »

Of course they could write. But I guess it would be a pain in the ass to release it now because of the record company and other shit.

eragon
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 03:37:21 PM »

1 can only hope  ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 04:20:41 PM »

Of course they could write. But I guess it would be a pain in the ass to release it now because of the record company and other shit.

Is Guns N' Roses obligated to deliver more albums for Geffen/Interscope?

If we include GN'R Lies, Live Era and Greatest Hits, they have put out 8 albums now.

From what we've heard from Axl, I don't think the band is very happy with how the record company handled their latest release. At least not in the US anyway, they seem to be pleased with how things were done with the release on an international level.

To adress the OP, I believe the current line-up is a very capable songwriting unit. Of course, there's no songs to see to, but from what we've all seen on the live shows, the chemistry between the members is definetly there! It pleases me to see that Ron has brought up the subject on several occasions, and seem quite eager to get things rolling with new material.

That being said, I certainly hope the remaining material from the Chinese Democracy sessions doesn't go to waste, and will be released in some form someday. I really have high hopes for those songs.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 04:29:58 PM »

I think they're gonna focus on that as soon as the tour ends, maybe they'll drop the remixes album in between the tour end and the other album being released in 2011

Oh My God i cant deny this...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 05:01:27 PM »

this band definitely has what it takes to do just that. I would love to see that happen. I think that would really put them back on the map so to speak.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
serp616
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »

an album with this monster would be fucking amazing...everone has found their place and all got crazy skills!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 05:17:41 PM »

From what we can all hear on Bumblefoot and Ashba solo carreer, I think it's pretty safe to say they can pull off something really good. Also, don't forget that Tommy, Dizzy, Pitman and Axl himself are still there and we all know how amazing songwriters they are.

Is Guns N' Roses obligated to deliver more albums for Geffen/Interscope?

If we include GN'R Lies, Live Era and Greatest Hits, they have put out 8 albums now.

From what we've heard from Axl, I don't think the band is very happy with how the record company handled their latest release. At least not in the US anyway, they seem to be pleased with how things were done with the release on an international level.
Yeah, that's why I said that. I don't know if they are obligated to something more, but if they intend to release a new album under the Universal umbrella, I believe they would have to struggle a lot in order to not release something with so much issues like the CD.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 05:19:35 PM »

I think they're gonna focus on that as soon as the tour ends, maybe they'll drop the remixes album in between the tour end and the other album being released in 2011

I'm really not sure about a remix album - perhaps as b-sides but surely there's more original material that could bed released first

Here today...ready to rock
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »

Definitely sure it could happen after CD part II is out, also think this line-up is one to stay, the chemistry is there 100% for sure (personally after 20 years of fan-ship the best line up ever)
I'm not sure it could happen before part II is out though, unless as Johnny Rotten sings in rise "I could be wrong, I could be right"

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »

I am just looking forward to hear some DJ inspired themes in GnR's new music. And yes I like everyone else here can not wait for CD's followup, studio that is not the remix album.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 07:57:44 PM »

Certainly looks as if this will be the team in place should we actually get to that step, but they could just as easily be on the road for another year

I'm sure there is enough material to be re-worked that could consitute another album or two, so to get to the point of having these particular guys create something totally original, is probably a stretch at this point
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 01:12:57 AM »

do you really think is the companys fault the lack of GNR albums?
i am sure if they could sell axl's farts they would, they are hungry for money
the final word in a GNR realase depends on axl

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 08:09:08 AM »

well axl's farts remain under cover's for now lol.but i could see axl returning home for the holidays and maybe seeing a soon as after maybe getting into studio .and possible music getting done then but who's ta say really.one can only guess.

the one an only horsey !
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 04:40:35 PM »

IF I was the guys I would be studying up on Led Zeppelin, old Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and even some Robert Johnson. Also maybe some Alice in Chains and Tool. I am not saying GNR should sound like any of these artists, but they are a great study for a band like GNR. Also Axl, check out some Ray Lamontagne. Talking about some soul, boy does that guy have it.
Of course thats just an opinion.
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »

With his recent succes with co-writing SIXX/AM N' MC'S Saints of LA I feel that was the reason DJ was brought into the mix. Perhpas to work w/ Axl on new material or tinker w/ what's already been written..
Who Know's, I don't, just speculating to this post..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »

do you really think is the companys fault the lack of GNR albums?
i am sure if they could sell axl's farts they would, they are hungry for money
the final word in a GNR realase depends on axl
That's not what I said, but yes, I think it was partially their fault. From what we got with Chinese Democracy, I think it's pretty safe to say that Universal had no interest to do a proper work with it. But I'm not saying it was only that - every band member and even Axl said it was a clusterfuck of shit happening. Check out what Marc Canter said about the delaying:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=60791.msg1271041#new

But what I said previously was about the conditions of release. I don't think the band would like to have the same issues all over again with a new album. I know it had a lot with managment, but still...

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 02:51:05 AM »

I am just looking forward to hear some DJ inspired themes in GnR's new music. And yes I like everyone else here can not wait for CD's followup, studio that is not the remix album.

Would love to have 'The Ballad Of Death' to be turned into a GN'R song somehow / somewhere Cool

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: