Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:37:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ALBUM FROM CURRENT LINE UP
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ALBUM FROM CURRENT LINE UP  (Read 17353 times)
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 12:17:35 PM »

How about an EP of songs they covered on tour as well as some of the members' solo stuff:

-Whole Lotta Rose - a "live" studio version with this band would be awesome.  Never has been available on a G N' R album (besides live boots) - would be great to have it on an album
-Nice Boys - same as above.  Though the version we got on "Lies" was a "live" studio version, would be great to get a version from this band
-Richard Fortus "Bond Solo" - would be great to get a studio version with the band backing him up
-Ron Thal Pink Panther solo - same as above
-Dj Ashba's Ballad Of Death - with band backing him up and jamming
-Don't Cry - another "live" studio version - as done in concert these days with Ron - somewhat stripped down.  I'd recommend Axl singing the Alt. Lyrics instead though Smiley
-Sailing - I think Axl and the band would do an amazing job covering this song as discussed in its own thread here
-Axl piano medley - a nice instrumental of Axl playing a medley of "Someone Saved My Life" and "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"
-Another Brick In The Wall Part. 2
- a song or two that the band decides to cover last minute for kicks and see how it works out!  I say each member puts a song in a hat they'd like to do - pick one out and work on it!

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 01:06:33 PM »

No offense, but that's like the worst idea ever :p

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 01:53:31 PM »

No offense, but that's like the worst idea ever :p

hihi I second that...

BTW, WLR was officially released in the EP "Live From The Jungle"

The only good idea is to release a cover of "Sailing" really love that version, but I prefer to hear some new original material...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 01:59:31 PM »

2011 - US tour

New album will be announced either during or beginning of the tour or later in 2011.

I would put my eyes on Fall 2011. Until then just have a little patience guys!  hihi

2011 will also be a leak year, even if it leaks one week before it comes out  Grin

and that... that was the informer   Tongue

Oh My God i cant deny this...
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 02:48:20 PM »

How about an EP of songs they covered on tour as well as some of the members' solo stuff:

-Whole Lotta Rose - a "live" studio version with this band would be awesome.  Never has been available on a G N' R album (besides live boots) - would be great to have it on an album
-Nice Boys - same as above.  Though the version we got on "Lies" was a "live" studio version, would be great to get a version from this band
-Richard Fortus "Bond Solo" - would be great to get a studio version with the band backing him up
-Ron Thal Pink Panther solo - same as above
-Dj Ashba's Ballad Of Death - with band backing him up and jamming
-Don't Cry - another "live" studio version - as done in concert these days with Ron - somewhat stripped down.  I'd recommend Axl singing the Alt. Lyrics instead though Smiley
-Sailing - I think Axl and the band would do an amazing job covering this song as discussed in its own thread here
-Axl piano medley - a nice instrumental of Axl playing a medley of "Someone Saved My Life" and "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"
-Another Brick In The Wall Part. 2
- a song or two that the band decides to cover last minute for kicks and see how it works out!  I say each member puts a song in a hat they'd like to do - pick one out and work on it!

Most people here say it's the worst idea ever...well....if they put your idea on a bonus disc I can live with it....

Meanwhile enjoying the last part of this tour...waitin for news about that SAT DVD and ofcourse fingers crossed for more to come.

beer
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 02:52:46 PM »

hihi

Just trying to put some thoughts together on a quick EP if the band wanted to put something out as a download or whatever.  Wasn't supposed to be anything solid.  But thanks for the feedback.  Wink

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 03:32:04 AM »

Well I don't except new album in next 2 years...For me more obviously option is promo of cd with videos, continuing of tour in us, and again sa and europe...this band have had a great response in europe, and only they need is better promo
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 04:04:33 AM »

I agree bolton, all it needs is promotion. CD IS fantastic, just needs to be put out there.

Personally don't care what they do next, as long as they keep active and avoid the political side of things, which kept them in the wilderness for a few years.

Probably not as easy as that though.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »

Is it possible?Huh Can this band, who have really developed into total monster come off the road and cut an album of new material?  I think that is the way to shut up all critics.

I'm sure that they could, although I'm not sure that they will. I imagine coming off the road after a year + tour is pretty grueling, and they'll need their downtime. I personally don't expect much action in 2011. If US dates are a no-go, I'd expect that they'll likely catch up on some much needed R and R.

A new album would be great, but I'm still satisified either way.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 02:21:55 PM »

I honestly don't there will be an album that's 100% the current line-up, or at least not anytime soon.

I think the next album from GN'R will be material written mainly from 2002 - 2007, I think that's logical. All the song titles we have heard rumoured, have to exist to some extent. I think we still have alot to hear from Buckethead, Robin and Brain yet. Axl could even have had 3 albums worth of material in 2006, we don't know anything for sure.

Also another event which backs up my theory is when I met Bumble in 2008 at his Meet N' Greets in london. He let everyone in the room know, he had a GN'R song on his laptop which no one had heard yet. That just shows that even in 2008, before CD was released, GN'R had other material on the back burner.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 03:26:34 PM »

2011 tour double/triple dvd from one gig europe/canada/south america/asia/usa whatever   
  and mayby a double cd from one another gig from the 09-10 tour ...or that would be a cool deluxe edition for the new album (2012  Roll Eyes) but i would like more if every thing would be played by ashba/ferrer/pitman/bumlefoot/fortus/dizzy/tommy/axl

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »

I really... REALLY would love for Buckethead to be included in he next album. This dude's abilities are just unreal. From the out of this world guitar work on TWAT to that fucking classy guitar solo on Sorry, he just really pushes things about as far as they can go. I shudder to think what TWAT might have been without him. GN'R for me was always about the best of the best and well...

Having said that, I am surprised (though you know, not really), we haven't heard more details about the next album by now. Sometimes I wish Axl would just let himself take a good long break from performing live, and save that monster voice of his for new music. Just put in as much time as needed to do as much awesome material as what he has inside of him before something happens and it will be too late.

I really do not want to hear Axl go the way of Robert Plant and James Hetfield. I thought at that infamous MTV performance in 2002 that my worst fears of this had come true. Thankfully it was just a bad night. But I find singer's who have clearly lost that one thing that made them special to be really really sad.

New album please Axl.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 04:01:21 PM »

I really... REALLY would love for Buckethead to be included in he next album. This dude's abilities are just unreal. From the out of this world guitar work on TWAT to that fucking classy guitar solo on Sorry, he just really pushes things about as far as they can go. I shudder to think what TWAT might have been without him. GN'R for me was always about the best of the best and well...

Having said that, I am surprised (though you know, not really), we haven't heard more details about the next album by now. Sometimes I wish Axl would just let himself take a good long break from performing live, and save that monster voice of his for new music. Just put in as much time as needed to do as much awesome material as what he has inside of him before something happens and it will be too late.

I really do not want to hear Axl go the way of Robert Plant and James Hetfield. I thought at that infamous MTV performance in 2002 that my worst fears of this had come true. Thankfully it was just a bad night. But I find singer's who have clearly lost that one thing that made them special to be really really sad.

New album please Axl.

Don't worry, I feel the next album will feature Robin, Bucket and Brain for sure. I don't think Axl has to worry about writing material, because I feel it was all done a couple of years ago. And Axl's just planning on how and when to do it. And this time I feel he will make it his mission to not let the record company ruin promotional plans.
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »

They don't worry about writing songs. They're artist, they like writing songs.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »

They don't worry about writing songs. They're artist, they like writing songs.

Yes of course, but I think it's obvious for any band that there's a certain pressure to do the best they can. Axl's an artist and he loves to create music, but there's no harm in pushing yourself.

If there was no pressure, there won't be any challenge and you won't get that lovely feeling when everythings done. Not just the music either, stuff like artwork, tour dates and also keeping your personal life in check as well, takes alot of effort when an artist.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »

I think the new album will be a mix of eras, much like Chinese was already. There we have the 1999-era songs like Chinese, SOD, Prostitute, Riad and IRS. We also had some newer songs, like Scraped, Sorry and Shacklers from the Bucket era (I don't know, maybe from 2001?).

I know those songs aren't as newer as the Ashba-BBF era would be, but I guess the follow up may have the same pattern.

Also, why would Axl just throw away all the work already done? It's not just his work too, there's Pitman, Tommy, Dizzy and maybe even Richard's material - and they are all still in the band. Wouldn't be really fair to them or to Bucket and Robin's effort to just dismiss it if the songs are as good as the Chinese Democracy ones.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 11:00:06 AM »

Would be cool to see a double album or perhaps release two albums a year or so apart, starting with the older material and followed by something brand new written with the current line up.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »

I think the new album will be a mix of eras, much like Chinese was already. There we have the 1999-era songs like Chinese, SOD, Prostitute, Riad and IRS. We also had some newer songs, like Scraped, Sorry and Shacklers from the Bucket era (I don't know, maybe from 2001?).

I know those songs aren't as newer as the Ashba-BBF era would be, but I guess the follow up may have the same pattern.

Also, why would Axl just throw away all the work already done? It's not just his work too, there's Pitman, Tommy, Dizzy and maybe even Richard's material - and they are all still in the band. Wouldn't be really fair to them or to Bucket and Robin's effort to just dismiss it if the songs are as good as the Chinese Democracy ones.

I remember Axl saying in London (2006) that Richard worked really hard on a song all night. He then joked he worked really hard too but couldn't remember her name.. But since then I've been curious about that song. I like the idea of again older new era and newer new era songs Smiley

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2010, 11:55:37 AM »

Im pretty sure the new album will come out Fall 2011. 99% sure!  Tongue

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »

Don't worry, I feel the next album will feature Robin, Bucket and Brain for sure. I don't think Axl has to worry about writing material, because I feel it was all done a couple of years ago. And Axl's just planning on how and when to do it. 

While I love the Robin, Brain, Bucket era of the band, I could certainly see why Axl would want to incorporate his current players into the mix. I can't help but to find it somewhat disrepsectful when people make posts saying that they hope ex-members appear on a future album instead of the members who are actually in the band. Keep in mind, these guys left the band on their own accord, and for the most part, we don't even know why.

Again, I love the musicians who appeared on Chinese Democracy, and I have no problem with some of their contributions making a future album. But for the most part, I want a Guns N Roses album that consists of GNR members, not guys who walked out on Axl anywhere from 2-6 years prior.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: