Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dj Ashba: There is "Absolutely" More Guns N' Roses Material In The Future
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dj Ashba: There is "Absolutely" More Guns N' Roses Material In The Future  (Read 12863 times)
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 08:15:57 PM »

Axl picks and chooses what he likes and has a pretty significant influence on everything he does. Anything that GNR puts out will be 100% what Axl wants, so I wouldn't worry people.

And my personal opinion is that the next album will be a mix of what Axl has already done and what this new band has done behind the scenes. It'll be whatever Axl is feeling for this next album. To think 3 cds are complete and done and already planned to be released is crap. Sure, there might be 3 cds worth of material, but nothing is for sure. I think the great plan of the 3 cds and all of that shit is just something someone took from hearing Axl talk about what he'd like to do. Not necessarily a fact or true thing that is happening. Axl doesn't have this massive, mind boggling plan like some of you think. If so, why did the release of CD become such a weird thing and end up not being as big as it should have been? Nothing is certain in this band, and just hope we get the best record this band can put out next.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:20:29 PM by Ak1nney » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »

DJ ASHBA is the best thing to happen to G N'R period everybody will see that with the next record.

dj ashba i don't think will be on the next record. axl said the next record follows up chinese democracy. leftovers. the songs axl talked about in an interview. a chinese democracy trilogy. i don't think dj ashba can be on a guns record until chinese democracy 2 and 3 come out first. these records will credit brain, robin finck, buckethead, josh freese, paul tobias and various new members post slash, duff, izzy, and adler. maybe can expect dj ashba on chinese democracy 4 or something else guns n roses!

Buckethead was in the band for less time than DJ has been so far before"Chinese Democracy" came out and he contributed to the record in a pretty big way.  Frank too.  I would imagine that DJ would be all over the next record.  Axl certainly goes out of his way to make the albums a band effort, I can't really see them leaving Dj off of it.

Even if this is the case.....DJ will rerecord Buckethead or Finks parts, and also add in some of his own thoughts.

i don't think axl wants dj to do that. it's like having bumblefoot re-record robin's parts on til and bucket's parts on twat. axl didn't go for this on chinese democracy. i don't think axl will go for it on chinese democracy 2 and 3. if there's songs which features even bigger solos than before from finck and bucket. you don't want to re-record that!

Bumblefoot was in the band for less time than DJ has been so far before"Chinese Democracy" came out and he contributed to the record in a pretty big way.  Frank too.  I would imagine that DJ would be all over the next record.  Axl certainly goes out of his way to make the albums a band effort, I can't really see them leaving Dj off of it.
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 08:31:05 PM »

DJ ASHBA is the best thing to happen to G N'R period everybody will see that with the next record.

dj ashba i don't think will be on the next record. axl said the next record follows up chinese democracy. leftovers. the songs axl talked about in an interview. a chinese democracy trilogy. i don't think dj ashba can be on a guns record until chinese democracy 2 and 3 come out first. these records will credit brain, robin finck, buckethead, josh freese, paul tobias and various new members post slash, duff, izzy, and adler. maybe can expect dj ashba on chinese democracy 4 or something else guns n roses!

Even if this is the case.....DJ will rerecord Buckethead or Finks parts, and also add in some of his own thoughts.

i don't think axl wants dj to do that. it's like having bumblefoot re-record robin's parts on til and bucket's parts on twat. axl didn't go for this on chinese democracy. i don't think axl will go for it on chinese democracy 2 and 3. if there's songs which features even bigger solos than before from finck and bucket. you don't want to re-record that!

Either way, I haven't heard of CD 2 and 3 for a long time.  Don't think that's necessarily the case now

axl hasn't said cd 2 and 3 have been scrapped. i'm going by axl. the plan is a chinese democracy trilogy. i don't see axl hacking the trilogy up much with re-recording. especially if finck and bucket top themselves with new solos. why would axl change that? it's like having someone do the SCOM solo completely different live. axl would never do it. it's slash blood, sweat, and tears. the same for finck and bucket in the studio with the leftovers. their blood and sweat. axl won't be messing with it 
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 08:44:55 PM »

Either way, I haven't heard of CD 2 and 3 for a long time.  Don't think that's necessarily the case now

axl hasn't said cd 2 and 3 have been scrapped. i'm going by axl. the plan is a chinese democracy trilogy. i don't see axl hacking the trilogy up much with re-recording. especially if finck and bucket top themselves with new solos. why would axl change that? it's like having someone do the SCOM solo completely different live. axl would never do it. it's slash blood, sweat, and tears. the same for finck and bucket in the studio with the leftovers. their blood and sweat. axl won't be messing with it 

I generally agree. That said- didn't Axl let Bumblefoot write and record his own solo for "Shackler's Revenge" replacing what Buckethead had there initially? If true- that's fairly significant IMHO as Buckethead has a writing credit on "Shackler's" and that was long thought of a "Bucket and Brain" song- at least I thought that was the caswe anyway. Personally- I think Axl will try to be as re respectful to what's already there as he can be- but he wouldn't pass up the opportunity to replace something pre-existing with something from DJ or others that really inspires him and he feels is an improvement (or is just simply more where he is now creatively than he was 5-10 years ago). Just my .02.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:48:45 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 10:18:33 PM »

I generally agree. That said- didn't Axl let Bumblefoot write and record his own solo for "Shackler's Revenge" replacing what Buckethead had there initially? If true- that's fairly significant IMHO as Buckethead has a writing credit on "Shackler's" and that was long thought of a "Bucket and Brain" song- at least I thought that was the caswe anyway. Personally- I think Axl will try to be as re respectful to what's already there as he can be- but he wouldn't pass up the opportunity to replace something pre-existing with something from DJ or others that really inspires him and he feels is an improvement (or is just simply more where he is now creatively than he was 5-10 years ago). Just my .02.

but if axl has another twat or better up his sleeve on the chinese democracy trilogy with finck and bucket............he won't mess creativity up and have dj do his interpretation of their big solos on the albums 
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 01:36:41 AM »

I just listened to the first single off the second Sixx AM album This Is Gonna Hurt called Lies Of The Beautiful People and the song sounded amazing, but the guitarsolo completely floored me! Best shit I've heard in a while! Just listen! I'm certainly not afraid that DJ's influence would make the next GNR album sound like M?tley or Sixx AM, cause those are both Nikkis babies and GNR is Axl's. What I'm trying to say is that DJ adding his flavour to Axl's musical ideas could very easily result in the best album GNR has put out since UYI, hell, maybe the best album they've put out ever.  beer
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:16:31 AM by Koskenkorvasieni » Logged

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 01:44:16 AM »

I just listened to the first single off the second Sixx AM album This Is Gonna Hurt called Lies Of The Beautiful People and the song sounded amazing, but the guitarsolo completely floored me! Best shit I've heard in a while! I'm certainly not afraid that DJ's influence would make the next GNR album sound like M?tley or Sixx AM, cause those are both Nikkis babies and GNR is Axl's. What I'm trying to say is that DJ adding his flavour to Axl's musical ideas could very easily result in the best album GNR has put out since UYI, hell, maybe the best album they've put out ever.  beer

chinese democracy is a pretty good guns n roses record. i'm sure chinese democracy 2 and 3 are just as good if not better than chinese democracy. dj ashba has a lot of work ahead of him if he's going to top the chinese democracy trilogy with his own guns n roses record
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 02:10:47 AM »

But it wouldn't be a Guns N' Roses record if it was DJ's record now would it? Like i said before, GNR is and always Will be Axl's baby and Axl has the final say. I just don't think DJ has been able to really showcase his talents in GNR yet and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing what he can contribute to the GNR sound.  yes

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 02:22:30 AM »

But it wouldn't be a Guns N' Roses record if it was DJ's record now would it? Like i said before, GNR is and always Will be Axl's baby and Axl has the final say. I just don't think DJ has been able to really showcase his talents in GNR yet and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing what he can contribute to the GNR sound.  yes

dj is very talented. we haven't heard the last of brain, freese, finck, bucket, and tobias on future guns n roses records. it'll be a few years before we hear mainly dj ashba solos on a guns record
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »

GNR is and always Will be Axl's baby and Axl has the final say.

I think the "Axl's baby", and "Axl's vision" has been grossly overstated and exaggerated more and more as time goes on.
Seems like revisionist history to me. It was very much a band effort in the beginning. Take one member out of the equation, and who knows what Appetite for Destruction sounds like, or if it even exists at all. Musically, Slash and Izzy's stamp is all over it, and in my opinion they were the engine that drove the band's sound early on. Axl obviously had his share of influence, and he wrote the majority of the lyrics, but there are also songs where he wrote nothing. Simply put, Guns N' Roses was the vision of Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven.

Was it Axl's "vision" that created the sound of Chinese Democracy? or did it have more to do with the personnel?
I think it's somewhere in between. I think Axl would tell you the same.

If DJ is bringing ideas to Axl, and they make it on a future Guns N' Roses record, that's not Axl's vision.
It's Guns N' Roses.

Anyways, I'm excited to hear what DJ has to offer. I'm the furthest thing there is to a Motley Crue fan, so I haven't heard his work with them, or Beautiful Creatures for that matter. Even though I appreciate what Finck brought, and really enjoyed some of Bucket's contributions, DJ for some reason seems like a good fit. I'm hoping for a more raw sound next time around. It's good to hear that he was a fan of the band prior, and obviously respects it's legacy.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 12:17:46 PM »

but if axl has another twat or better up his sleeve on the chinese democracy trilogy with finck and bucket............he won't mess creativity up and have dj do his interpretation of their big solos on the albums 

This I agree with (at least as far as I can guess- who the heck knows at the end of the day). I wouldn't think Axl would be interested in DJ's reinterpretation of Finck and Buckethead solos that he's already fully satisfied with (though I don't think we could rule out DJ getting the opportunity to re-record some of Tobias's or Fortus's rhythm work on said tracks). Far more likely that if DJ's given a chance to write and record new solos- it will be tracks or "parts"/sketches that Axl's not yet fully satisfied with IMHO. Anyway- I certainly don't think we've heard the last of Finck and Buckethead- I just think we're going to hear some of DJ's input too...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2011, 02:34:15 PM »

This I agree with (at least as far as I can guess- who the heck knows at the end of the day). I wouldn't think Axl would be interested in DJ's reinterpretation of Finck and Buckethead solos that he's already fully satisfied with (though I don't think we could rule out DJ getting the opportunity to re-record some of Tobias's or Fortus's rhythm work on said tracks). Far more likely that if DJ's given a chance to write and record new solos- it will be tracks or "parts"/sketches that Axl's not yet fully satisfied with IMHO. Anyway- I certainly don't think we've heard the last of Finck and Buckethead- I just think we're going to hear some of DJ's input too...

i agree. i'm itching to hear finck and bucket's solos on the chinese democracy 2 and 3 tracks!
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »

You only have to read the internet chat Axl did on these pages to know that there isnt a Chinese Democracy 3 he said "ive always seen it as a double"
and also that they were working on 32 songs 14 of which have been released , so that leaves 18 not enough for 2 more.
I think there will be 1 more and the 4 or 5 leftover songs may get used as bonus songs on a reissue or something.
Any thing that hes doing with ashba and the new band now wont come under the Chinese Democracy banner
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 02:49:10 PM »

DJ/Producer In MC... GOOD, In GN'R... Maybe Very Good, but I Believe/Want In This Moment, Only Guitar.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 02:52:14 PM »

I think this is really cool news, and can't wait until we all actually "hear" new Guns N' Roses material.

I too think that any future releases will be mostly Finck and Bucket written and performed material along with add-ons by current members. Although I think Ron has more chance at being on much more tracks simply because he's been there longer. I would like to see what DJ can come up with for Guns, but don't think it will be anymore than a few ideas here and there.

As I said, I think Axl has had the next 2 albums done since the end of 2006. All he has to do now is work out tracklisting, and add any overdubs or make any changes he feels he needs to.
buymoreguns
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 03:15:17 PM »

I think this is really cool news, and can't wait until we all actually "hear" new Guns N' Roses material.

I too think that any future releases will be mostly Finck and Bucket written and performed material along with add-ons by current members. Although I think Ron has more chance at being on much more tracks simply because he's been there longer. I would like to see what DJ can come up with for Guns, but don't think it will be anymore than a few ideas here and there.

As I said, I think Axl has had the next 2 albums done since the end of 2006. All he has to do now is work out tracklisting, and add any overdubs or make any changes he feels he needs to.

when you think chinese democracy 2's coming?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 03:44:20 PM »

DJ/Producer In MC... GOOD, In GN'R... Maybe Very Good, but I Believe/Want In This Moment, Only Guitar.

You do know that "DJ" Ashba doesn't spin records.... Right?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2011, 03:47:26 PM »

Nice, thats all he has to do?  Sounds like we'll get new material any day!   hihi

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2011, 04:01:03 PM »

when you think chinese democracy 2's coming?

I think we will have to wait at least another 2-3 years, and that's being optimistic to be honest. Although I'd like to see it released within 1-2 years, but don't see it happening.  Embarrassed

Nice, thats all he has to do?  Sounds like we'll get new material any day!   hihi

Yes, I know..... a few overdubs and changes here or there should be done within a few days right?.  hihi hihi hihi
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »

THERE IS NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY 3 , he said it his fuckin self during the forum chats "ive always seen it as a double" just read the convo dexter had with us
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: