Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1577324 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2780 on: December 08, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »

I'd agree...but then how do you explain last time?

I was never able to square away how he spends almost a decade of his life on this thing, then let's it get all cocked up at the end.  Do his phones not dial out?

I suspect there was an unusual confluence of "stuff" going on at the time CD came out.  I suspect there were some massive gaps in communication that had a LOT to do with the GnR management team at the time (and, specifically, that the guy at the top . There was also some highly placed turnover at the label right around the same time.

The short answer is: I don't know.  Not for certain.  But I think what you point out....how out of character it would be for Axl to let things slide that way...actually speaks volumes.

I know, I know...you want to lay the blame completely at Axl's feet.  And I'm sure he deserves to shoulder some of it.  

But do me a favor: Look at the timeline of the Ticketmaster aquisition of Front line management, the release of CD, and Azoff's assention to heading Ticketmaster (and eventually LiveNation).

I'm not going to sit here and say it was all Azoffs fault.  But certainly you can see some circumstantial evidence that might indicate he was a wee bit distracted in the run up to CD's release.  

I think there were massive communications breakdowns going into the release.  And given that usually the label deals directly with the management (and not talent)...I think stuff might have gotten lost in the mail

All that's complete speculation, and I'm making sure to label it as such.  I have zero evidence.  BUT, I think it makes a lot more sense than thinking that Axl went MIA, and hands off, leading up to the release of the culmination of a decades worth of work.

This could all be true.  And frankly, makes more sense than Axl just running off in a huff.

My only question would be I thought we were told he cut off communication with them a few months before the release.  Is that not right?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2781 on: December 08, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »

My initial point (which, in a shocking move, you have decided to mischaracterize and make me address your new interpretation...which I am not doing this time) was that I highly question whether your bit in bold even happens.  And if there is nothing to turn in before the tour, you have to start asking yourself if there ever will be.

I'm jumping in because, in essence, jarmo just distilled down my point to a couple lines, so I feel like I should.

I got the initial point...I was trying to strengthen it's clarity by asking the "what if" the album is done question.  And it's a good question.  IF the album is done, and IF it's been turned over to the label to get prepped for release...do you think there is any reason why touring would delay that process?

It's just clarifying that initial point you made, really.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2782 on: December 08, 2014, 03:57:09 PM »

My initial point (which, in a shocking move, you have decided to mischaracterize and make me address your new interpretation...which I am not doing this time) was that I highly question whether your bit in bold even happens.  And if there is nothing to turn in before the tour, you have to start asking yourself if there ever will be.

I'm jumping in because, in essence, jarmo just distilled down my point to a couple lines, so I feel like I should.

I got the initial point...I was trying to strengthen it's clarity by asking the "what if" the album is done question.  And it's a good question.  IF the album is done, and IF it's been turned over to the label to get prepped for release...do you think there is any reason why touring would delay that process?

It's just clarifying that initial point you made, really.

In his scenario, I would say go on tour.  If the work is already done and turned it.  I just question whether that happens.

But I'm just about out of his patience with his dogshit attitude.  As you say, we have been having the same conversation concurrently.  Somehow, we were able to do so in perfectly civil way, without that "enlighten us how the business works" bullshit.  I'm done with that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2783 on: December 08, 2014, 03:57:41 PM »

My only question would be I thought we were told he cut off communication with them a few months before the release.  Is that not right?

I'm not exactly sure where that came from. I've heard it...I'm not sure it's reputable, or what the source was (Axl, the label, old management, the crazy guy holding up "The End is Neigh" sign outside Capital Records Building).

But, even if it is, if Azoff was distracted by the negotiations with Ticketmaster....it COULD appear that Axl was incommunicado to the label (or someone working there).  Believe it or not, direct contact with the talent is pretty rare.  Usually you run through the management company (for a variety of reasons..many of them legal).  Especially with a client as "prickly" as Axl...I can see that being the case.

And if they keep getting told that Mr. Rose is not available (when, in reality, Mr. Azoff is the one creating the roadblock)....functionally it could look like Axl cut off communications.

Now, you'd think Axl would speak up, and push for feedback from the label. Or that the label would somehow try to make direct contact with Axl after being stonewalled.  But we don't know what Azoff's folks were telling Axl OR the lable.  It could appear to AXL that the label went silent and to the label that Axl went silent.  And did it by design.

And it wasn't until after the fact, when the two finally got to a point to compare notes, that things started to smell fishy.....notice Azoff was not around as part of the management team for very long after, AND note the hefty lawsuit Axl filed (though did not win...because he would have had to prove intent).

Edit: AGAIN, 100% speculation on my part. I have no proof or information that the above is in any way what happened.  I'm just theorycrafting!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:01:23 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2784 on: December 08, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »

I'm not exactly sure where that came from. I've heard it...I'm not sure it's reputable, or what the source was (Axl, the label, old management, the crazy guy holding up "The End is Neigh" sign outside Capital Records Building).

But, even if it is, if Azoff was distracted by the negotiations with Ticketmaster....it COULD appear that Axl was incommunicado to the label (or someone working there).  Believe it or not, direct contact with the talent is pretty rare.  Usually you run through the management company (for a variety of reasons..many of them legal).  Especially with a client as "prickly" as Axl...I can see that being the case.

And if they keep getting told that Mr. Rose is not available (when, in reality, Mr. Azoff is the one creating the roadblock)....functionally it could look like Axl cut off communications.

Now, you'd think Axl would speak up, and push for feedback from the label. Or that the label would somehow try to make direct contact with Axl after being stonewalled.  But we don't know what Azoff's folks were telling Axl OR the lable.  It could appear to AXL that the label went silent and to the label that Axl went silent.  And did it by design.

And it wasn't until after the fact, when the two finally got to a point to compare notes, that things started to smell fishy.....notice Azoff was not around as part of the management team for very long after, AND note the hefty lawsuit Axl filed (though did not win...because he would have had to prove intent).

Edit: AGAIN, 100% speculation on my part. I have no proof or information that the above is in any way what happened.  I'm just theorycrafting!!

And not doing a bad job, to be honest.

What you are suggesting make a lot of sense on a few different levels here.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2785 on: December 08, 2014, 04:07:28 PM »

Ah, more snit from the king of snit.

It's called a hypothetical question. Doesn't matter if it happens or not! We're playing a game here, assuming it happens. For the sake of discussion.

Your "I don't think they'll ever finish an album" stance is also hypothetical. Doesn't stop you from "discussing" it day after day!
Pretty funny for a guy who claims to be interested in discussions and speculation, Always seems to skip certain questions. Maybe you can't answer it because if you do, everyone would see what a hypocrite you are. Both options are used by you as ammo to complain about how business is not done. A band not doing anything, you're not happy. A band on tour while negotiating a album release, you're not happy.

Don't post your own hypothetical scenarios if you can't answer others' hypothetical questions. Makes you a hypocrite.  ok
I know, a lot of H words there.

How many people
Ignore "hypothetical"
In that one, Jarmo?? 

Splash

/Mike

Too many! hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2786 on: December 08, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »

Your "I don't think they'll ever finish an album" stance is also hypothetical. Doesn't stop you from "discussing" it day after day!
Pretty funny for a guy who claims to be interested in discussions and speculation, Always seems to skip certain questions. Maybe you can't answer it because if you do, everyone would see what a hypocrite you are. Both options are used by you as ammo to complain about how business is not done. A band not doing anything, you're not happy. A band on tour while negotiating a album release, you're not happy.

Great.

Look, I think we're going to be done for a little while, fella.

I have an entire site here full of other posters capable of :

- having a civil conversation, even when we disagree
- can respond to me without the butthurt tone like I just kicked their child down a flight of stairs
- actually responds to the points I make, and doesn't twist them all around and force me to knock down strawmen

Look, there was a time I got a huge kick out of you.  When I couldn't decide if any of the above were honest mistakes, or deliberate provocations.  And regardless of which it was, I had fun with it.

But its just not fun anymore.  I used to sort of look forward to seeing your name as the last post on a thread, but now I dread it.  Because I know its just going to be snitty detour time, which will take me away from the other productive conversations I've been having with the gang up until you sauntered in.

I'm going to stick to the other peeps around here that can do the day to day without your baggage.  Adios, for now.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2787 on: December 08, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »

Awww, poor you. Again.

I asked a hypothetical (no less) question, you failed to answer, instead you post your usual bs about how the question shouldn't be asked. Funny stuff for the guy who claims to support discussions.
We get it, you're only interested in it when it suits your needs.

Yet another thing we can cross from the list. You're not objective, positive or interested in discussions. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2788 on: December 08, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »

Awww, poor you. Again.

Just telling you how it is.  Now run along.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2789 on: December 08, 2014, 04:26:33 PM »

I think I'd go for studio version on radio or online stream. 

For the next album, I would prefer to hear the studio versions first.

Then the follow up would be: Let's say the band played a show that you didn't attend and premiered a new song. Would you click your way to Youtube to watch a clip of it or wait?

Tell it to someone who gives a..... Your act is boring.
Nothing you say should be taken seriously. It's just words a frustrated "It's not GN'R" fan who has to post about how much he supports the band instead of what others do, actions instead of words. Smiley

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:29:17 PM by jarmo » Logged

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2790 on: December 08, 2014, 05:32:13 PM »

Awww, poor you. Again.

Nah, Jarmo isn't  going anywhere.

If anyone needs to "run along" it is definitely  you, and your little "dismissive" statements.

Some of us here are tired of reading your self-important, complaining, whining posts every single day on here and you aren't impressing us. You aren't  knowledgeable,  you aren't  original, you aren't  clever- you merely have internet access.

It gets old.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2791 on: December 08, 2014, 05:52:55 PM »

Awww, poor you. Again.

Nah, Jarmo isn't  going anywhere.

If anyone needs to "run along" it is definitely  you, and your little "dismissive" statements.

Some of us here are tired of reading your self-important, complaining, whining posts every single day on here and you aren't impressing us. You aren't  knowledgeable,  you aren't  original, you aren't  clever- you merely have internet access.

It gets old.

So skip them.

I actually thought you and I had been getting along lately.  Or at the least, keeping it civil.  Which is likely our best case scenario.

And, props where its due, the internet access line was a good one.  I shall likely steal that for other boards.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2792 on: December 08, 2014, 05:59:02 PM »

As I read interesting perspectives, I have to once again see the topic regress into this?   Roll Eyes

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2793 on: December 08, 2014, 06:11:46 PM »

Everything was fine over the weekend! Cheesy

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2794 on: December 08, 2014, 06:15:40 PM »

As I read interesting perspectives, I have to once again see the topic regress into this?   Roll Eyes

Well, what do you think?

Do you think they can hit the road and have the album come out after, while out there?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2795 on: December 08, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »

Well, what do you think?

Do you think they can hit the road and have the album come out after, while out there?

Here are a few things that I think.  Guns has a shit load of already recorded songs   They could use the opportunity to play these unreleased songs in front of a live crowd    One of the benifits of this is that the band could see what songs respond well to the crowd and what sticks.   This will give them a better idea out of all these songs that are done, to put on the album

People have used the argument of stuff leaking and ending up on YouTube and bootlegs affecting future album sales.   I disagree.   I feel guns has an already set in fan base right now that isn't going any where.   Next album sales will be on par with CD, which isn't bad.   Only with a huge radio hit will sales increase and leaks will not affect this.  In fact if solid help
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2796 on: December 08, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »

Given the track record, I think touring before a release creates another obstacle to a timely record release.  They only way it would work is to have everything ready to go, sitting with the record label, including a schedule release date.  Aside from that scenario, I'd prefer holding off on touring until they can nail down the record. I also think it would serve them better to tour behind a new record from a promotional perspective.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2797 on: December 08, 2014, 06:46:35 PM »

They could use the opportunity to play these unreleased songs in front of a live crowd    One of the benifits of this is that the band could see what songs respond well to the crowd and what sticks.   This will give them a better idea out of all these songs that are done, to put on the album

The only problem with that is the fact that most of the crowd would be looking like this  Huh ...

Given the track record, I think touring before a release creates another obstacle to a timely record release.  They only way it would work is to have everything ready to go, sitting with the record label, including a schedule release date.  Aside from that scenario, I'd prefer holding off on touring until they can nail down the record. I also think it would serve them better to tour behind a new record from a promotional perspective.

So in your opinion, if there's a finished album and the only thing missing is a release date, they shouldn't tour until they have one?
And what if that was the case, what if touring would be delayed because band members would commit to their other bands' tours?

See, there's always more than "this should happen". Nobody wants to think of these possible scenarios too much because it invalidates most of their thought out plans.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:49:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2798 on: December 08, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »

I think I'd go for studio version on radio or online stream. 

For the next album, I would prefer to hear the studio versions first.

Then the follow up would be: Let's say the band played a show that you didn't attend and premiered a new song. Would you click your way to Youtube to watch a clip of it or wait?

Tell it to someone who gives a..... Your act is boring.
Nothing you say should be taken seriously. It's just words a frustrated "It's not GN'R" fan who has to post about how much he supports the band instead of what others do, actions instead of words. Smiley

/jarmo

must admit I wouldn't be able to resist watching the youtube  Tongue...again, ideally I would like to hear a studio version first

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2799 on: December 08, 2014, 06:51:39 PM »

They could use the opportunity to play these unreleased songs in front of a live crowd    One of the benifits of this is that the band could see what songs respond well to the crowd and what sticks.   This will give them a better idea out of all these songs that are done, to put on the album

The only problem with that is the fact that most of the crowd would be looking like this  Huh ...

Given the track record, I think touring before a release creates another obstacle to a timely record release.  They only way it would work is to have everything ready to go, sitting with the record label, including a schedule release date.  Aside from that scenario, I'd prefer holding off on touring until they can nail down the record. I also think it would serve them better to tour behind a new record from a promotional perspective.

So in your opinion, if there's a finished album and the only thing missing is a release date, they shouldn't tour until they have one?
And what if that was the case, what if touring would be delayed because band members would commit to their other bands' tours?

See, there's always more than "this should happen". Nobody wants to think of these possible scenarios too much because it invalidates most of their thought out plans.

/jarmo

Haha!

That is how some people looked in Vegas when they played Marseilles, as a tribute to Doc Neeson and the Angels.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: