Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumbelfoot Interview (Talks GN?R)  (Read 28343 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »

Could have sworn I read this interview before but it was an interview with Slash and it was 1995 / 6.

Sick of the late starts.
No communication.
Not knowing when or if they would be starting work for a new album.
What knowing what the future plans are.
Not sure whether to commit to Guns or solo music. 
Pure frustration in general. 

I don't know what it is with Guns to be honest.  Is it management, is it Axl, is it legal issues? 
What actually makes it so difficult to get together and record music and get it out there.

Its really sad at this point and I get the feeling we will never actually know what the answer is. 

Oh, I think we know.  The common denominator for the same complaints over 2 decades is always one man.

You didn't mention VR. They weren't exactly one happy united "gang" there at the end and it had nothing to do with that one man.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2013, 10:32:12 AM »

You know what, when Ron joined GN'R in 2006. He WAS that guy who would sugar coat interviews to make it seem like "all is well and dandy", with the inner workings of GN'R. He would say that the band hang together all the time, he would say Axl's lateness was not an issue, and he would always make it seem like Chinese Democracy's release was right around the corner when asked.

BUT, now Ron has a totally different attitude, and he doesn't give a shit anymore about twisting the truth to give the "team Axl" answer. He has publicity criticised Axl's tardiness at arriving on time for shows, and has also let his frustrations be known about tour plans, recording, and a number of other things.

Fact is, no matter if Richard, Dizzy or Tommy raise issues behind the scenes. They know it's a no go area, to publibily speak negatively of Axl or management. Because they know how the press will jump on it, like a fish on a hook. But Ron has got to the point where he is almost daring Axl to make a move, and he just doesn't care because he can see that nothing has/or ever will change in relation to Guns lack of structure and common sense.

And lastly, no point in debating with Ali. He's one of those who wants to be seen as being the "Axl police", and he won't see the negative in anything and the things... The rest of us clearly are frustrated about. He would still be sitting behind his keyboard telling us to stop being negative, if we was still waiting for Chinese Democracy.  hihi (and I'm not joking either)
What an idiotic comment.  I see the negatives and realize the band hasn't realized it's full potential.  I wish the live DVD was out and there was more new music.  But, I also know that I have no control over any of that, so getting frustrated and needing to vent about it continually does me or anyone else no good.  I will voice a disagreement or dissenting opinion with someone, though, no matter if that seems incomprehensibly optimistic to some or not.

And I've never told you or anyone else not to be negative.  So, go ahead, be negative and vent your frustration and complain all you want.  I know from history it won't change anything. ok

Ali
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »

Anyone notice DJ's latest tweet?

"If you bite the hand that feeds you.....you will go hungry"

Hmm...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »

Could have sworn I read this interview before but it was an interview with Slash and it was 1995 / 6.

Sick of the late starts.
No communication.

I don't know what it is with Guns to be honest.  Is it management, is it Axl, is it legal issues? 
What actually makes it so difficult to get together and record music and get it out there.

Its really sad at this point and I get the feeling we will never actually know what the answer is. 

Oh, I think we know.  The common denominator for the same complaints over 2 decades is always one man.

You didn't mention VR. They weren't exactly one happy united "gang" there at the end and it had nothing to do with that one man.  ok

Is that applicable though? 

If the conversation is about how every incarnation of GNR over 20 years has been plagued by the same problems, and Axl is the lone common denominator, does it really matter what some other band did?  Axl hasn't been taking the stage late for over 20 years and being standoffish and reclusive because Scott Weiland can be a dick.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »

The simple point is: Bands can have "issues" like any relationship. Professional or otherwise.
Even a "professional" band like Metallica!

The difference is that with GN'R, Axl gets the blame. Even when we only hear one side of the story.

Ron knows what he's doing. I'm sure he's aware of what his comments will cause among fans. A band that's given him all kinds of opportunities, and the focus is often on single issues like in the past when every other interview was about Axl going on late. Now that the shows start earlier, it's another issue. The media loves this kind of single sentences which they can use for headlines.

He says something nice in the interview, but obviously it's not as interesting as something that can further the Axl the asshole myth.
The same guy who's let every guitarist play their own song at the shows. In front of huge crowds....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 04:27:21 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »

He says something nice in the interview, but obviously it's not as interesting as something that can further the Axl the asshole myth.
The same guy who's let every guitarist play their own song at the shows. In front of huge crowds....

Yeah, because he likes leaving the stage a lot.  Do you dispute that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2013, 11:21:17 AM »

The simple point is: Bands can have "issues" like any relationship. Professional or otherwise.
Even a "professional" band like Metallica!

The difference is that with GN'R, Axl gets the blame. Even when we only hear one side of the story.

Ron knows what he's doing. I'm sure he's aware of what his comments will cause among fans. A band that's given him all kinds of opportunities, and the the focus is often on single issues like in the past when every other interview was about Axl going on late. Now that the shows start earlier, it's another issue.

/jarmo

Jarmo, do you think Ron's nearing the end of the road with GNR?  I mean, I know people can read into things, but it's very hard not to take what he's saying here as a very public calling out of Team Brazil...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2013, 11:28:38 AM »

No. But are you aware that they could've easily done something else instead of guitar solos? Do you dispute that?

Jarmo, do you think Ron's nearing the end of the road with GNR?  I mean, I know people can read into things, but it's very hard not to take what he's saying here as a very public calling out of Team Brazil...

No, I don't think so. I think it's just frustration that he should've kept between himself and those he thinks need to know about it.

I don't buy all the doom and gloom scenarios some fans paint.

Edited to add: Certain people, including the media, like to create all kinds of stories and "scenarios" based on one single sentence. If the interview hadn't had that part in it, would this discussion be this active? I don't think so.... If he hadn't mentioned his frustration in the interview, this interview would be "another BBF interview" instead of this "it's over" thing that some portray it as now.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 04:47:10 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »

No. But are you aware that they could've easily done something else instead of guitar solos? Do you dispute that?

I think this argument is stronger if Axl stayed on stage during their songs, did some back up vocals, or whatever.

I think the reasons for the multiple solos and letting Bumble or Tommy sing a song are to feature them a bit, yes.  But it also gives Axl a breather, so everyone wins.

Well, except us.  The solos are the worst part of every bootleg I own, and I usually cut them out of the playlists.  Thankfully, he spared us the drum solo since Matt's time.

Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »

Scott Weiland's firing in Velvet Revolver is Axl Rose's fault.

Why don't people get this?!?  Angry

Wink
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2013, 12:48:18 PM »

Bumble has all my support, I always knew he was that kind of guy, love him. But at the same time he should have known that gnr actually is anything but a "band". A bRand at most. Get it...if you don't, just leave ... as many others did and as many others will. Being out or in gnr it doesn't really matter, there's just 1 person who fans care about...again...get it or leave. The owner owns, the employee always complain  yes
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:59:38 PM by ITARocker » Logged
Ali
Legend

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2013, 12:58:40 PM »

Sick of the late starts.
No communication.

Is that applicable though? 

If the conversation is about how every incarnation of GNR over 20 years has been plagued by the same problems, and Axl is the lone common denominator, does it really matter what some other band did?  Axl hasn't been taking the stage late for over 20 years and being standoffish and reclusive because Scott Weiland can be a dick.
To GN'R?  No, obviously not.  It was just an extension of your argument, though.  At least as I see it.  The 2nd incarnation of Snakepit and Velvet Revolver had issues with the lead guitarist and the lead singer clashing.  Using your argument, the common denominator would be the root cause of the issue.  That's all.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2013, 01:05:16 PM »

To GN'R?  No, obviously not.  It was just an extension of your argument, though.  At least as I see it.  The 2nd incarnation of Snakepit and Velvet Revolver had issues with the lead guitarist and the lead singer clashing.  Using your argument, the common denominator would be the root cause of the issue.  That's all.

I have joked for years I would never get in a band with Slash at this point given his buzzard's luck with unpredictable frontmen.  Haha.

But no, its not an extension of my argument.  Slash eventually left because he tired of Axl's bullshit with late times and inactivity.  Years later Bucket left and Robin left for the same reasons.  The common denominator is Axl Rose.  And whether VR was a trainwreck or the greatest rock success story of alltime is irrelevant.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2013, 01:22:08 PM »

I have joked for years I would never get in a band with Slash at this point given his buzzard's luck with unpredictable frontmen.  Haha.

But no, its not an extension of my argument.  Slash eventually left because he tired of Axl's bullshit with late times and inactivity.  Years later Bucket left and Robin left for the same reasons.  The common denominator is Axl Rose.  And whether VR was a trainwreck or the greatest rock success story of alltime is irrelevant.
We'll have to agree to disagree as I see your argument as being common denominator=root cause and how the bands dissolved isn't really relevant, whether by one person leaving or another.

For the record, I don't think that Slash was at fault for the demise of his bands, but I suspect that it is not as black and white as those situations have been portrayed from his perspective either.  There are usually shades of gray in interpersonal conflicts.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »

For the record, I don't think that Slash was at fault for the demise of his bands, but I suspect that it is not as black and white as those situations have been portrayed from his perspective either.  There are usually shades of gray in interpersonal conflicts.

Oh, no doubt.  That's why I said I say that in jest.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-didnt-want-to-betray-axl-rose-by-jamming-with-slash/

more from ron on its ok to be friends with all former GNR guys except slash lol

and more of the aforementioned about his solo tour and all things gnr

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

and to me this is the part that has the most juice and the most conflict

Bumblefoot: "The future is completely unpredictable; you all should know that. It's just trying to say, 'Alright, what direction is the tornado gonna turn?' Anything can be. I'm sure that 2014? Actually, I shouldn't say 'sure,' because it's unpredictable. But I can assume, but when we assume, we make an ass out of? Probably there will be some shows in the future, and I'm hoping that there will be some completed recordings in the future. I would like to see the band write as a band from the ground up and put some music out there. I've been saying for years that we shouldn't even tackle an entire album because it's too big a bite to take. It's too much ? it takes too much time, too much of an investment of life that just doesn't exist. Not in this day and age, and not where things are with the band. We'd be better off just doing a song at a time and putting that out. What I've always wanted to do was, before each time we go out and do a leg of touring, that we get together for a week in the studio, we write a song, we finish that song no matter what it takes, we finish it and we put it out and we play it on that leg, we give it to radio. Every single time we go out and play, we have a new song that we're doing. And if we did that, it would be an album worth of material done that would be done by this band right now. Yeah, if I was master of the universe, that's what would have happened. I mean, you're dealing with seven other people and everybody's gotta be on board and everyone has to agree on a strategy. And it has to coincide with any existing, or preexisting business agreements that are there as well. I mean, it's complicated."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-didnt-want-to-betray-axl-rose-by-jamming-with-slash/#jaQKoow85u9Gdpc4.99

its verrrrry clear that he thinks its ridiculous to put out another record of material from buckethead and robin finck...and its very clear Axl has zero interest of writing new songs as a "band" or "group" ... and quite frankly... that fucking sucks

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2013, 04:01:28 PM »

Bullshit!!!! Slash recorded a song with The Dead Daisies. So if Richard didn?t betray Axl, then why BBF would if he team up with Slash?

Anyway, BBF has said management made contact with him. So everthing seems ok... at least for now
Ali
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »

Bullshit!!!! Slash recorded a song with The Dead Daisies. So if Richard didn?t betray Axl, then why BBF would if he team up with Slash?

Anyway, BBF has said management made contact with him. So everthing seems ok... at least for now
Richard was not on that recording of the Dead Daisies song.  He was not in the band for the recording of the first album.  He joined for the subsequent tour and future recordings.

Ali
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2013, 04:14:28 PM »

Wow, it's sad that he has to take to the media to get "management" to respond.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: