Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:21:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy platinum award
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy platinum award  (Read 26730 times)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 02:08:25 AM »

To be honest, it would have been good if they could have at least released the remix album and deluxe original CD + remix + bonus sometime between CD and now.  They toured it forever and it would have been a chance for them to re-release this thing with better promotion on tour.  it also would have held us over til now.
Fuck deluxe versions, they exist just to make more money, making people buy the same music multiple times.

Theres nothing wrong to release just a remix album.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 05:38:39 PM »

Posted by Frank:

Proud Mama!!!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 05:51:05 PM »

So did Axl just get all these and is now handing them out? 

Who is next?

Also what does the plaque part read?   Looks like Franks name.  1000000 copies congrata.  zoomed in but cant make it out

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 05:53:53 PM »

Also these look like these are from the riaa. 

How can DJ get one?  He never did anything on the album

I get how he proudly promoted it and toured it.  But I thoight the one he got was like Axls.  But yoi can see Djs name engraved on it.   

i also promted the album!   Wheres mine!!!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 05:57:58 PM »

I get how he proudly promoted it and toured it.  But I thoight the one he got was like Axls.  But yoi can see Djs name engraved on it.   

He's not on it, but he toured for nearly 5 years in support of it.  I'd say that's worth a plaque.  And I am not the biggest DJ fan.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »

He's not on it, but he toured for nearly 5 years in support of it.  I'd say that's worth a plaque.  And I am not the biggest DJ fan.

Ya I am not to argue this to hard, as I think he has done a lot to get the name GNR out there   

Just didnt know you could get an award like this and not be a part of the album.  The R in RiAA does stand for recording

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 06:42:05 PM »

I think it should help to manifest his status as a GN'R band member.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 06:51:16 PM »

Just didnt know you could get an award like this and not be a part of the album.  The R in RiAA does stand for recording

The RIAA certifies the album so the artist can get the gold, or in this case, platinum award. Then it's up to the artist, management and/or record company to get the awards done. It's up to them to decide who they want to give them to.

Got little to do with performing on the record itself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »

Ya I am not to argue this to hard, as I think he has done a lot to get the name GNR out there   

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, BluRay, Dvd, 3D, New Album, etc, etc

Congratulations Dj Ashba

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »

The RIAA certifies the album so the artist can get the gold, or in this case, platinum award. Then it's up to the artist, management and/or record company to get the awards done. It's up to them to decide who they want to give them to.

/jarmo

Thanks for that

So what you are saying is that frank and dj may get this award.  While brain and bucket may not receive one?  That doesnt seem right
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 12:05:36 AM »

/jarmo

Thanks for that

So what you are saying is that frank and dj may get this award.  While brain and bucket may not receive one?  That doesnt seem right

A couple years ago Steven did a charity auction where he offered the winner a brand new GN'R RIAA award personalized with the winners name.  Being a band member at some point may be enough to order one?  http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/December/07Steven_Adler_Auctioning_Guns_N_Roses_Platinum_Plaques.shtml

Anyway, it's great to see the photos DJ and Frank shared.  Axl gave them each a really cool gift.

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Princess Leia
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 02:57:26 AM »

/jarmo

Ok let me see if I get this. So if the artist or management want to give this platinum to Duff, they have the right? Is that how it works?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 07:37:08 AM »

/jarmo

Thanks for that

A couple years ago Steven did a charity auction where he offered the winner a brand new GN'R RIAA award personalized with the winners name.  Being a band member at some point may be enough to order one?  http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/December/07Steven_Adler_Auctioning_Guns_N_Roses_Platinum_Plaques.shtml

Anyway, it's great to see the photos DJ and Frank shared.  Axl gave them each a really cool gift.

Steven was a legal member of gnr on that album   With writting credits.  So I hope he has a copy.   

In a way DI is out promoting afd as well.  Should he get a plaque for that as well?  How many songs does he play live from CD compared to afd?   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 07:55:17 AM »

Ok let me see if I get this. So if the artist or management want to give this platinum to Duff, they have the right? Is that how it works?

I believe so. The RIAA certified it platinum, they don't decide who gets the actual award plaque.

By the way, Axl giving these to Dj and Frank. What a great way to promote the current band!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 08:00:52 AM by jarmo » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »

I have always liked Axl's signature.

Jarmo... where is the picture of you and ur platinum record ?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:28:18 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »

I believe so. The RIAA certified it platinum, they don't decide who gets the actual award plaque.

By the way, Axl giving these to Dj and Frank. What a great way to promote the current band!

/jarmo

Agree.  Are you aware of anyone else receiving these?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 10:39:53 AM »

Yeah, I see it more as a rah-rah sign of camaraderie than anything else.  Which is fine.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 11:16:32 AM »

Yeah, I see it more as a rah-rah sign of camaraderie than anything else.  Which is fine.

Promoting the current band! Hooray!

/jarmo

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 11:27:19 AM »

I wonder if BBF got one?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 11:30:24 AM »

I wonder if BBF got one?

Neither side can comment.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: