Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:10:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy platinum award
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy platinum award  (Read 27010 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: January 16, 2015, 05:45:42 PM »

Courtesy of Dj's Facebook page:

Dj ASHBA
This badass MF just showed up on my doorstep today! An insane gift from @axlrose I am off to proudly hang this in my house! ‪#‎SoSic‬ ‪#‎blessedlife‬ ‪#‎1mCopies‬ ‪#‎ChineseDemocracy‬ @gunsnroses

Very cool!

And before all the haters start pointing out that Dj didn't play on the record, he toured the world promoting it. After its release.
Axl gave Dj a platinum award because he deserves one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »

Agreed

An amazing gift

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 06:48:39 PM »

Agreed
Sweet!!!   beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 09:29:47 AM »

What a great present and picture  love

Ashba is valued in GNR, and he is loyal.So upbeat.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 10:51:58 AM »

Its a very nice gift from Axl and DJ has done a good job promoting the album world wide

I do wonder if any of the ex memebers that were on the album recieved a nice gift like this

It wouldnt be very nice if DJ recieved this at the expense of the other members

Also, not to hate on DJ or anything BUT....   He said that it just showed up on his door step and he took a picture

Is that how he really dresses while relaxing around his house?   He is wearing eyeliner and looks to be in costume.  HAha. Hey I like looking good as much as the next guy, but i like to dress a little more comffy at home. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 02:51:03 PM »

I do wonder if any of the ex memebers that were on the album recieved a nice gift like this

My guess is that all other members of GN'R have received their very own platinum record years ago. The reason Axl gave this to Dj (who wouldn't have one since he's not on the album) is probably because of the reason Jarmo gave.

It's a gift from Axl, nice of him.

Just to speculate.. Do you think there's any symbolism to this gift? Closing the Chinese Democracy chapter after the last tour maybe. Axl maybe gave this to Dj as a final thank you for the touring effort on Chinese.

Next chapter to follow... New songs, new album, new tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 03:01:07 PM »

My guess is that all other members of GN'R have received their very own platinum record years ago. The reason Axl gave this to Dj (who wouldn't have one since he's not on the album) is probably because of the reason Jarmo gave.

Just to speculate.. Do you think there's any symbolism to this gift? Closing the Chinese Democracy chapter after the last tour maybe. Axl maybe gave this to Dj as a final thank you for the touring effort on Chinese.

That might be true, the part about the EX memebers. 

I was just thnking Axl had a bunch of these shipped to his home by the label and it was at his discrestion who got them.  And that he just recieved them.   

Whos signatures are on it?   It looks loke three.   Axl and tommy and what looks to be DJ.    Did he actually sign this himself?   
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 03:03:28 PM »

THAT WOULD BE EPIC! I wonder if Axl gave him his own award thingy and now he himself does not have one? Or if he just had an extra one lying around? That would be pretty amazing if Axl gave up his own so DJ could have one.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 03:04:20 PM »

Whos signatures are on it?   It looks loke three.   Axl and tommy and what looks to be DJ.    Did he actually sign this himself?   

To me it looks like it's just Axl's, with a dedication to Dj on it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 03:19:18 PM »

To me it looks like it's just Axl's, with a dedication to Dj on it.

/jarmo

Good eye.   That looks right too me
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 03:24:40 PM »

Symbolic of the bridge from CD to CDII.  It would make a lot of sense now, symbolically speaking, if DJ is featured on CDII.  We need a DJ interview to find out if he's been in the studio  ok

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »

Has the album just reached the 1 million mark.?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 05:34:11 PM »

It's for units shipped I believe, so it would be from 2009 then (if that one is for the US).

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 05:35:33 PM »

I would like to find out just how many copies this album have sold

And if it is now 1 million in the united states  is that 1 million plus the 1.5 million best buy bought?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 05:40:20 PM »

And if it is now 1 million in the united states  is that 1 million plus the 1.5 million best buy bought?

Certification in the US are for units shipped.

If you wanna know the number of units sold, that's Nielsen Soundscan.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 05:47:01 PM »

Yes I would like to know both.

And both seem like pretty hard numbers to find, for recent numbera
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »

The number of units sold are usually provided when an album is charting. I don't know if one can request numbers directly from the source, you probably have to be from the press.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »

The number of units sold are usually provided when an album is charting. I don't know if one can request numbers directly from the source, you probably have to be from the press.

So from what I have read just with the best buy deal the album has shipped 1.5 million copies in 2008 and that alone would cert the album plat in the US

So my question is, the album woould only have to ship 500 000 more copies to be cert 2 * plat.    I know the best buy deal has expired and other american retailers are allowed to carry the album now.   Doesnt seem like they would have to ship that many more copies to be deemed 2 * plat

Also i read the actual albums sold in the united states was around 700 thousand.  But that was old data and not since the best buy deal ended.  I would be courious to see what the number is now.  Close to 1 million??   Or hasnt moved many copies in a while. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 06:07:08 PM »

So from what I have read just with the best buy deal the album has shipped 1.5 million copies in 2008 and that alone would cert the album plat in the US

So my question is, the album woould only have to ship 500 000 more copies to be cert 2 * plat.    I know the best buy deal has expired and other american retailers are allowed to carry the album now.   Doesnt seem like they would have to ship that many more copies to be deemed 2 * plat

Also i read the actual albums sold in the united states was around 700 thousand.  But that was old data and not since the best buy deal ended.  I would be courious to see what the number is now.  Close to 1 million??   Or hasnt moved many copies in a while. 

As the bottom placers of the Billboard 200 only sells a few thousand (maybe below 1,000?) in a week, and CD hasn't charted in a good while, I think it's safe to say that the total isn't increasing rapidly.

Sweetness is a virtue
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 09:13:39 PM »

To be honest, it would have been good if they could have at least released the remix album and deluxe original CD + remix + bonus sometime between CD and now.  They toured it forever and it would have been a chance for them to re-release this thing with better promotion on tour.  it also would have held us over til now.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: