Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:45:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says "never say never" over return to classic-era GN'R lineup  (Read 117147 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »

I suggest you all listen to Chris Jericho's podcast with Duff from today. It's an amazing interview, and they talk about Axl a lot. It really sounds like Duff would LOVE to do Guns N Roses full time with just Axl and OR with Slash/Izzy/ Steven etc .. he talks about Izzy a little bit too.

I just started listening.. Duff's always a good interview I think.

Yeah he is... He is smart and funny.. I believe around the 18 minute mark is when they start discussing guns

He was writing articles for ESPN for a bit.  They were good.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2015, 06:40:17 PM »

When the ability to think freely is extremely limited. The poster brought up good points.

He brought up points that are never going to resonate with anything other than Axl superfans.

You either get that concept or you don't.  But I only explain things twice.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2015, 06:42:11 PM »

I'm not gonna let somebody bringing up good pints get "silenced" by somebody like you because you don't like it.

He and I had a fine conversation about it, actually.  Differnet opinions, but nary a cross word uttered either way.

Things went south when you came in and decided to talk about me instead of the topic.  Not exactly "man bites dog" caliber news.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2015, 06:44:25 PM »

I suggest you all listen to Chris Jericho's podcast with Duff from today. It's an amazing interview, and they talk about Axl a lot. It really sounds like Duff would LOVE to do Guns N Roses full time with just Axl and OR with Slash/Izzy/ Steven etc .. he talks about Izzy a little bit too.

You mean this?
http://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

He and I had a fine conversation about it, actually.  Differnet opinions, but nary a cross word uttered either way.

Things went south when you came in and decided to talk about me instead of the topic.  Not exactly "man bites dog" caliber news.

Selective memory.

This kind of shit I have a problem with:

With all due respect, what are you?

You sound Axl's like defense attorney, agent, and manager all rolled into one here.  I think you are a hard sell as someone just calling it down the middle.

Nobody needs to defend themselves because they choose to defend Axl and/or the band on this site.

With all due respect, what are you? Obviously you have selective memory.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2015, 06:47:25 PM »

Selective memory.

This kind of shit I have a problem with:

With all due respect, what are you?

You sound Axl's like defense attorney, agent, and manager all rolled into one here.  I think you are a hard sell as someone just calling it down the middle.

How were they cross words?

He and I had further conversation after it.  And nobody had to flex their muscles or threaten the other guy.  We just talked.

It can happen.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »

Yes that is the link for duffs interview with Jericho.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »

How were they cross words?

He and I had further conversation after it.  And nobody had to flex their muscles or threaten the other guy.  We just talked.

It can happen.

Funny.

I'm just talking as well. What are you? Who are you to tell Axl how to live his life?

Cheesy

Yes that is the link for duffs interview with Jericho.

Didn't he do this podcast a while back?

The one where he said the record company rips them off....

Edited to add: Sorry, it was the Jasta podcast!

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:56:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #207 on: May 13, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »

Hey guys,

Don't need to discuss because of me.

It was just a reflection and a post ... people doesn't need to get crazy with it ... things can be discussed, but that's it.

Actually I don't think about it as much as those who keep talking about the cancer after 6 years ... wow ... 6 years ... it has to be something really important for those people.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2015, 06:55:54 PM »

Who are you to tell Axl how to live his life?

Why ask me?

Go ask somebody who did that, I would think.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2015, 06:56:44 PM »

It was just a reflection and a post ... people doesn't need to get crazy with it ... things can be discussed, but that's it.

Actually I don't think about it as much as those who keep talking about the cancer after 6 years ... wow ... 6 years ... it has to be something really important for those people.

No worries, man.  I didn't think we had a hint of a problem.

And I thought the discussion went fine.

GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2015, 06:58:29 PM »

No worries, man.  I didn't think we had a hint of a problem.

And I thought the discussion went fine.

beer

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2015, 07:08:28 PM »

All good.
I think you brought up good points and I don't think it deserves a response such as "what are you?".

You don't need to defend yourself when you bring up that kind of points offering the point of view of a fan. Instead of one of those objective free thinking complainers.   peace

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #212 on: May 13, 2015, 07:10:46 PM »

Perhaps he didn't know he was supposed to be insulted.  Seems like it was news to him.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2015, 07:15:09 PM »

It's enough that he answered to you.

You're not the person here who people need to answer to who they are. Get over yourself already.  ok

Listen to Duff talk about playing in La Paz.
He didn't watch it on Youtube, he was there.

He gives credit to Axl for pulling it off.

Something I remember some thinking it was like playing a gig in a hot climate.  rofl

/jarmo

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »

It's enough that he answered to you.

You're not the person here who people need to answer to who they are. Get over yourself already.  ok

Something I remember some thinking it was like playing a gig in a hot climate.  rofl

/jarmo

Of course Duff was there, he was playing. Can I ask why you piss on people for not being able to attend most concerts and viewing highlights on youtube? Maybe I missed you explaining that. Not everyone can afford to attend concerts around the world. Some people's only access to there favorite band are through avenues like youtube.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2015, 10:01:44 AM »

He's just big timing you.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2015, 10:09:20 AM »

You mean this?
http://podcastone.com/Talk-Is-Jericho

/jarmo

That was a great listen; lots of good stuff was discussed.  One of the interesting bits was his take on learning the Chinese Democracy songs, that it was pretty intuitive for him because Tommy's approach to bass is similar to his.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2015, 10:12:53 AM »

Of course Duff was there, he was playing. Can I ask why you piss on people for not being able to attend most concerts and viewing highlights on youtube? Maybe I missed you explaining that. Not everyone can afford to attend concerts around the world. Some people's only access to there favorite band are through avenues like youtube.

Sure.
Let me explain.
It wasn't a dig at people who didn't attend. Not at all.

Some things you can't understand or relate to unless you experience it yourself. I had certain people tell me that it's no big deal to play a show at high altitude in La Paz because you can prepare for it, like you can prepare for a show in a warm climate.

No matter how you try to explain that it's not the same thing, it didn't matter. Giving some credit to Axl is almost impossible, so there's a need to discredit what he and GN'R did. It wasn't a big deal, anybody would do the same and so on.

Listening to Duff, he really explained it very well and it was nice hearing him say similar things that I said last year. Things people tried to brush off as nothing. I guess they'd be the first ones to tell Duff playing La Paz is no big deal.... Cheesy

Hope that explains my comments, and I'm sorry if it offended you.

/jarmo

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2015, 10:17:56 AM »

Sure.
Let me explain.
It wasn't a dig at people who didn't attend. Not at all.

Some things you can't understand or relate to unless you experience it yourself. I had certain people tell me that it's no big deal to play a show at high altitude in La Paz because you can prepare for it, like you can prepare for a show in a warm climate.

No matter how you try to explain that it's not the same thing, it didn't matter. Giving some credit to Axl is almost impossible, so there's a need to discredit what he and GN'R did. It wasn't a big deal, anybody would do the same and so on.

Listening to Duff, he really explained it very well and it was nice hearing him say similar things that I said last year. Things people tried to brush off as nothing. I guess they'd be the first ones to tell Duff playing La Paz is no big deal.... Cheesy

Hope that explains my comments, and I'm sorry if it offended you.

/jarmo

Gotcha!! As a singer I give him total credit. Its hard enough pulling off a 3 hour show. Imagine having to do it in that environment?

FYI: didnt offend me. I was just curious.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2015, 10:30:41 AM »

No worries.

Altitude sickness isn't a joke....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: