Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba Decides To Make Sixx:A.M. His "Main Priority"  (Read 66734 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2015, 08:42:18 PM »

I think it more likely he's suggesting it was Axl's interest in the show that pushed some of his fans in that direction.

That seems more probable to me that's what he was getting at.

Think its baseless?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #341 on: July 24, 2015, 08:52:26 PM »

I think it more likely he's suggesting it was Axl's interest in the show that pushed some of his fans in that direction.

Think its baseless?
It could have had a slight effect, but it seems like a bit of a stretch to me. It's not like "Dexter" was some underground show that nobody knew about. Lots of people were singing its praises. Sometimes it takes a suggestion by someone you respect to check certain things out. But did all these people who supposedly watched "Dexter" because of Axl, go out and buy the entire W.A.S.P. catalog after Axl gave his stamp of approval? I don't remember a groundswell of support in their camp after he mentioned liking them.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #342 on: July 24, 2015, 09:00:40 PM »

It could have had a slight effect, but it seems like a bit of a stretch to me. It's not like "Dexter" was some underground show that nobody knew about. Lots of people were singing its praises. Sometimes it takes a suggestion by someone you respect to check certain things out. But did all these people who supposedly watched "Dexter" because of Axl, go out and buy the entire W.A.S.P. catalog after Axl gave his stamp of approval? I don't remember a groundswell of support in their camp after he mentioned liking them.

Hahahaha.  Fair point.

'Wild Child' was always my favorite of their songs.  The video is preposterous.  Them in the middle of some desert.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2015, 11:10:21 PM »

Think its baseless?

Maybe not WASP but I'm sure at least 100 of the 1000 people (joke obviously)that bought a Hanoi Rocks album did so because of Axl...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #344 on: July 24, 2015, 11:18:35 PM »

Think its baseless?

Maybe not WASP but I'm sure at least 100 of the 1000 people (joke obviously)that bought a Hanoi Rocks album did so because of Axl...

Sure, because nobody ever heard of Hanoi Rocks on their own, or Elton, or Queen.

Glad you cleared that up for everyone  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #345 on: July 24, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »

Because it is an accurate description of the behavior I am describing. 

I think the chances are precisely zero that anyone I'm talking about is going to find fault with any new direction Axl takes.  He likes it, they like it.  He hates it, they hate it.  He says, oops...my bad and now I have to go 180 degrees on something...I'll be damned, so do they.

That's falling in line.

EXACTLY! How many people here who wouldn't have cared about the show at all watched seasons worth of Dexter because of what Axl named his cat...

So you are saying the success of the Dexter series is directly attributable to the fact that Axl named his cat Dexter?

How about the books, those too?

I hate the 'R' word due to family member, but I'll make and exception here, you are fucking retarded... Yes I very obviously meant that Axl singlehandedly led every viewer to Dexter on Showtime, just like I meant Ashba wrote every word and note of Sixx AM music.

I'll try to make this easier to follow for you and won't use any 'poetic license'... People like you are sheep, you don't think for yourself. If Axl sells a song to Harley you buy a motorcycle (no I don't mean he's why they sold bikes in 2008), If he names his cat after a show you watch it, because his housekeeper (and some how now manager) is from Brazil you own a flag and or Word Cup soccer jersey from that country (which you won't be seen in without your cold can of Budweiser because he was in a commercial). If he says Slash sucks, you say Slash sucks... if he says Slash is cool tomorrow I'm sure your tune will change.

There are very good things that have happened with this band, and good things that could be coming in the next few years... BUT there is nothing wrong with speculating about what is happening now, or questioning decisions after they become 'official'... what else is there to talk about? Should Jarmo lock all threads and posting capability until Axl decides to make an official announcement and become 'active' again?
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #346 on: July 24, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »

Because it is an accurate description of the behavior I am describing. 

I think the chances are precisely zero that anyone I'm talking about is going to find fault with any new direction Axl takes.  He likes it, they like it.  He hates it, they hate it.  He says, oops...my bad and now I have to go 180 degrees on something...I'll be damned, so do they.

That's falling in line.

EXACTLY! How many people here who wouldn't have cared about the show at all watched seasons worth of Dexter because of what Axl named his cat...

So you are saying the success of the Dexter series is directly attributable to the fact that Axl named his cat Dexter?

How about the books, those too?

I hate the 'R' word due to family member, but I'll make and exception here, you are fucking retarded... Yes I very obviously meant that Axl singlehandedly led every viewer to Dexter on Showtime, just like I meant Ashba wrote every word and note of Sixx AM music.

I'll try to make this easier to follow for you and won't use any 'poetic license'... People like you are sheep, you don't think for yourself. If Axl sells a song to Harley you buy a motorcycle (no I don't mean he's why they sold bikes in 2008), If he names his cat after a show you watch it, because his housekeeper (and some how now manager) is from Brazil you own a flag and or Word Cup soccer jersey from that country (which you won't be seen in without your cold can of Budweiser because he was in a commercial). If he says Slash sucks, you say Slash sucks... if he says Slash is cool tomorrow I'm sure your tune will change.

There are very good things that have happened with this band, and good things that could be coming in the next few years... BUT there is nothing wrong with speculating about what is happening now, or questioning decisions after they become 'official'... what else is there to talk about? Should Jarmo lock all threads and posting capability until Axl decides to make an official announcement and become 'active' again?

I don't share your little opinion so I'm "fucking retarded" and a "sheep". Haha! I know that is intended to be insulting, but coming from you it's hilarious! All your little examples are far from the truth, but nice fantasy scenario you concocted. Guess your special talent isn't as a psychic investigator.

Interesting delusion there genius. Be careful where you project that R word. hihi

Speculation is one thing, posting opinions as fact are something else entirely- I'll give you time to ruminate on that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:37:53 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #347 on: July 24, 2015, 11:43:13 PM »

Hahahaha.  Fair point.

'Wild Child' was always my favorite of their songs.  The video is preposterous.  Them in the middle of some desert.

Wild Child is a good one, Animal and I Wanna Be Somebody are great too. It's good cartoony, mindless Rock. Not very cerebral, but it was never intended to be.

Isn't Blackie born again now?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:44:55 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2015, 11:57:29 PM »

Sure, because nobody ever heard of Hanoi Rocks on their own, or Elton, or Queen.

Yes, because Hanoi Rocks are in the same relative ball park as the two members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that you just lumped them in with. Sorry about the HOF reference I know that is a sore subject with you all...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #349 on: July 25, 2015, 12:13:27 AM »

I don't share your little opinion so I'm "fucking retarded" and a "sheep". Haha! I know that is intended to be insulting, but coming from you it's hilarious! All your little examples are far from the truth, but nice fantasy scenario you concocted. Guess your special talent isn't as a psychic investigator.

Interesting delusion there genius. Be careful where you project that R word. hihi

Speculation is one thing, posting opinions as fact are something else entirely- I'll give you time to ruminate on that.

I don't care if you share my opinion... I don't expect you to, and that is my whole point!!! I love a band formed in the 80's and continue to like the output (when it happens) you blindly follow the singer and anything he does. The beauty is we can disagree and debate things... problem is you think all talk should stop until Axl tells us what we should think and insert yourself in every thread trying to get people to stop basic speculation of a topic because Axl or Team Brazil hasn't decided to grace us with an official comment on it.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #350 on: July 25, 2015, 01:43:55 AM »

I don't care if you share my opinion... I don't expect you to, and that is my whole point!!! I love a band formed in the 80's and continue to like the output (when it happens) you blindly follow the singer and anything he does. The beauty is we can disagree and debate things... problem is you think all talk should stop until Axl tells us what we should think and insert yourself in every thread trying to get people to stop basic speculation of a topic because Axl or Team Brazil hasn't decided to grace us with an official comment on it.

Wow what an active imagination you have  hihi

Anybody that doesn't share your viewpoint is blind, sheeplike, etc. Typical  idiotic Troll logic.

"Any attempt to be positive or cheerful will be shot down and optimists will be accused of being Pollyanna, naive and unrealistic, blind, sheeplike, etc."

I didn't say "all talk should stop", I said opinions shouldn't be stated as facts- I've said that numerous times

Here's part of your problem in a nutshell-

Confirmation Bias.
a tendency to search for or interpret new information in a way that confirms one?s preconceptions and avoid information and interpretations which contradict prior beliefs.

In other words, what you already believe influences your perception of everything around you. That?s why constant complaining makes you see everything in a negative light, because your subconscious mind tries to make new observation fit with what you already know.

People who complain together unite against the world and can create strong internal relationships based on this. But these relationships are based mostly on negative experiences.

That?s not healthy.

It also means that you can only continue to be a part of the group if you can continue to complain and whine, miring you even deeper in a complaint mindset.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #351 on: July 25, 2015, 01:50:18 AM »

Yes, because Hanoi Rocks are in the same relative ball park as the two members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that you just lumped them in with. Sorry about the HOF reference I know that is a sore subject with you all...

Wrong again, don't you get tired of lying?

The HOF doesn't affect my life one way or another, I'm glad Axl, Izzy and Dizzy pulled a no-show to that insider circle jerk celebration. Jann Wenner is a douche,  RS magazine is increasingly a waste of time.

Any other accusations or assumptions you want to be mistaken about? You aren't chalking up a very good record of accuracy today.   hihi
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:51:50 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
mortismurphy
« Reply #352 on: July 25, 2015, 05:42:02 AM »

I think Emily could make an argument with herself right now.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #353 on: July 25, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »

Regarding the argument that some fans are sheep... It goes both ways.

Some won't like or approve anything the band says or does, because they don't want to.
It's not something that's admitted or even acknowledged, but the bias is there....

In other words, if you like what the band does and so on, welcome.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #354 on: July 25, 2015, 09:23:16 AM »

Some won't like or approve anything the band says or does, because they don't want to.
It's not something that's admitted or even acknowledged, but the bias is there....

/jarmo

And for those that oppose, well....
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #355 on: July 25, 2015, 09:37:39 AM »

There are severe extremists on both sides around here ...

I wish they'd all mellow out ... If not at least not be complete assholes to other posters.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #356 on: July 25, 2015, 10:05:47 AM »

I wish they'd all mellow out ... If not at least not be complete assholes to other posters.

There's only one person here motherfucking someone on their second post.  Welcome to the Jungle...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #357 on: July 25, 2015, 10:14:30 AM »

/jarmo

I totally agree it goes both ways. In fact there are probably more 'Axl can do no right' people than there are 'Axl can do no wrong people', which may effect the 'ferocity' of the Axl can do no wrong people... but one specific member of the later category is intolerable (I'm sure I am too  ok ). The original point of the topic is DJ making Sixx AM his priority and releasing 2 albums along with a 48 month world tour... So in comes the speculation of what that means to Guns N' Roses, my opinion (not fact Emily) is that it isn't necessarily a good thing because of past examples where members in this band have left after long breaks where they attached themselves to another band (see Robin, Josh Freese, even Duff in the late 90's). In comes certain 'Axl can do no wrong' team members with "Prove It!". I can't prove speculation and opinion because I am not clairvoyant, however in comes the same group spouting off two things like they are fact... 1. There is no way Sixx AM tours that long or aggressively 2. Guns N' Roses are on some official hiatus... Both of those statements are the same level of speculation and opinion that I and others used to say DJ leaving is bad... but because mine somehow painted Axl in a bad light she starts the attack.

I don't see how it has to be a one way or another... You can like the man, you can like the music, but you can disagree with some decisions and agree with others.

When this band is quiet with official info, but band members are talking we should be able to talk about it without someone just jumping in an parroting, 'But Axl didn't tell us that!'

I usually sit back and just read the threads here... I try to stay away from the bickering about set lists when they are touring, and usually stay away from the never ending favorite track from each album threads. However this is the interesting stuff to talk about where I jump in... Speculating on how this effects song writing, touring, releases, new members, etc... then seeing how it all comes to fruition. Then in comes a certain someone to ruin the discussion... She has 700+ posts in like 18 months, I wonder how many are just intended to be thread busters...

Wrong again, don't you get tired of lying?

The HOF doesn't affect my life one way or another, I'm glad Axl, Izzy and Dizzy pulled a no-show to that insider circle jerk celebration. Jann Wenner is a douche,  RS magazine is increasingly a waste of time.

Any other accusations or assumptions you want to be mistaken about? You aren't chalking up a very good record of accuracy today.   hihi

Emily what did I say there that is wrong? MY OPINION (DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!?!) is that you can't honestly use Hanoi Rocks in the same sentence as Elton John or Queen. I then used the HOF as a point of reference, while not perfect, no matter who ran it to how induction happened (MY OPINION) is the Hanoi Rocks (while a huge influence on this band) would not sniff a hall of fame of any kind. If I took an informal poll of people who aren't a fan of this band, most of them would have no idea who Hanoi Rocks or Michael Monroe are. However there would be a nearly 100% of the polled that would know Elton John and Queen. Which goes to my point that there are at least a subset of people who went out and bought all of their (Hanoi Rocks) albums just because of Axl (again my opinion, not scientific fact). You also sort of made my point with everything you said after 'The HOF doesn't affect my life one way or another'... just saying  ok

Not sure though what I said that you have somehow proven wrong... hence why I stand by my claim that you are delusional.

One other quick opinion, I agree that if he didn't agree with the HOF ceremony and selection process he shouldn't have attended. However for the people who let the media's overall negative view of Axl and the new band make their blood boil, it's things like the HOF boycott that don't help him. You can't have it both ways, he either plays along and gets praise or he takes his toys, goes home, and gets the backlash.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #358 on: July 25, 2015, 10:31:49 AM »

There's only one person here motherfucking someone on their second post.  Welcome to the Jungle...

I'm very much aware.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #359 on: July 25, 2015, 11:41:46 AM »

Coma, very well said. The only thing I disagree with is the use of the R word. I have a disability and trying to change the way people think about people with disabilities. Otherwise very well said.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: