Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:25:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 451129 times)
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2004, 02:01:18 AM »

i just wanted to add that Load is a great album, most people havent listened to it with attention , reading the lyrics , in my opinion is a "dark album" with Dark music from Metallica wich is great, I KNOW IT AINT TRASH METAL!  ::)but what the fuck! its cool to me!.
Re load is a avarage album in my opinion , St Anger is crap to me , i mean i just like three songs from that  album ,lyrics are poor, musically is poor, so what can is say? I love Metallica is my second favorite band, Anyway Metallica is Metallica who gives a fuck!? smoking

METAL UP YOUR ASS! peace

If the world would end today... Wink
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2004, 06:59:34 AM »

Ok details  from www.Metallica.com on their new EP seems as usual they are relying on putting older classic tracks on it to help boost the sales since they obviously realise that both the fans and they themselves would not touch St.Anger with a barge pole Grin

SOME KIND OF MONSTER EP DETAILS

Some Kind Of Monster (album version)
The Four Horsemen (Live from Le Bataclan, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Damage, Inc. (Live from Le Bataclan, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Leper Messiah (Live from Le Bataclan, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Motorbreath (Live from Le Boule Noire, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Ride The Lightning (Live from Le Bataclan, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Hit The Lights (Live Le Trabendo, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Some Kind Of Monster (edit)

In conjunction with the July 9, 2004 opening of the Metallica documentary film "Metallica:  Some Kind Of Monster," Elektra Recoreds will issue a deluxe CD+T package of the sme name.

The package, set for release on July 13, will feature six live Metallica classics as well as two versions of the title-track, one drawn from Metallica's 2003 album St. Anger plus a fully remixed and edited version for this disc by famed producer Bob Rock.  Also included in the package is a limited edition compressed T-shirt in large or extra-large sizes, emblazoned with the film's movie poster art across the chest.  Double extra-large sizes will be available online at metallica.com.  The disc is also available at retail outlets without the T-shirt.

The six live tracks on the disc are:  "The Four Horsemen," "Damage, Inc.," "Leper Messiah," "Motorbreath," "Ride The Lightning," and "Hit The Lights," and were recorded June 11, 2033 in Paris, France.

The disc will also be enhanced with the movie's theatrical trailer, as well as the variation of the film's trailer the band has been previewing during their most recent concert trek.

Directed by Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky (Brothers Keeper, Paradise Lost), "Metallica:  Some Kind of Monster" offers a revealing behind-the-scenes look at Metallica as they confront personal demons and their relationships with each other.

Said Owen Gleiberman of Entertainment Weekly of the film, "Epic storytelling...Metallica:  Some Kind of Monster is one of the most revelatory rock portraits ever made."  Details magazine said the film is "An instant and incendiary classic."  Sharon Waxman of the New York Times gushed that the film is, "entertaining, moving and historically significant...(it) chronicles the intimate emotions of the most successful heavy metal band of all time."
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2004, 08:14:21 AM »

The black album was Metallica's sellout album. It ruined them. I cringe when people tell me they love this crap.  no I actually think it's worse than Load and Reload.

Their best album, in my opinion, is ...And Justice for All. It has a lot of "filler" songs, but the best songs on this album are simply unbelievable.

One, Metallica's masterpiece, is on this album, and needs no introduction. Everyone loves this song. To Live is to Die is a very moving instrumental, mourning Cliff Burton's death. Blackened is Metallica's best thrash song, in my opinion. It's better than Battery. I love the weird riff at the beginning.

Other notable songs on this album are Dyers Eve, another great thrasher, and Harvester of Sorrow, a good, slow dark song. Overall, it's Metallica's last great album, and their best.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2004, 08:28:50 AM »

Load is not dark. Justice is dark!
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2004, 05:52:38 PM »

SOME KIND OF MONSTER EP DETAILS

Some Kind Of Monster (album version)
The Four Horsemen (Live from Le Bataclan, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Damage, Inc. (Live from Le Bataclan, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Leper Messiah (Live from Le Bataclan, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Motorbreath (Live from Le Boule Noire, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Ride The Lightning (Live from Le Bataclan, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Hit The Lights (Live Le Trabendo, Paris, June 11th 2003)
Some Kind Of Monster (edit)

In conjunction with the July 9, 2004 opening of the Metallica documentary film "Metallica:  Some Kind Of Monster," Elektra Recoreds will issue a deluxe CD+T package of the sme name.

The package, set for release on July 13, will feature six live Metallica classics as well as two versions of the title-track, one drawn from Metallica's 2003 album St. Anger plus a fully remixed and edited version for this disc by famed producer Bob Rock.  Also included in the package is a limited edition compressed T-shirt in large or extra-large sizes, emblazoned with the film's movie poster art across the chest.  Double extra-large sizes will be available online at metallica.com.  The disc is also available at retail outlets without the T-shirt.

Judging from the tracklist (the exact same live tracks were on the UK 'unnamed feeling' EP) this must be a US only release, then.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2004, 01:16:45 PM »

This is the official Metallica thread - everything about the world's most past it band goes here.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 02:03:51 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2004, 01:26:44 PM »

I'll be the first one to say it.....fuck Hetfield, he sucks, Metallica sucks too!  Tongue
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2004, 02:29:47 PM »

Every Metallica album has it's songs (Except Load and ReLoad, I love those in their entirety), but for the most part Metallica sucks ass.

Civil Attitude
Headliner

"And i think you knooooow the words"

« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2004, 04:41:16 PM »

I dont know what the fuck is going through your heads......i love GNR To death .but xome on.there are songs that are shit compared to MOST of Metallicas catalogue.....id liek to know why some of you guys think they suck so much ass.....i dont know mayeb its jsut because im a fan i liek them so much, but seriosuly every album is gr8..excpet for ST Suck Ass......and when i seen them live for the first time in april...it was unreal....they sounded so good and sjut the atmosphere was so great.....please fill me in why they are so horrible

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2004, 07:40:35 PM »

Well to tell you what the fuck is going on in my head, Metallica attempted to evolve their music and totally buried their roots.  Their attempt was horrid in my OPINION, considering everything starting with And Justice For All past was basically an attempt to make the almighty dollar.  And then of course the collaborations with Ja Rule and the shitty soundtrack contribution to Mission Impossible.  Then we go to Napster.  Regardless on your views of downloading music and so on, is it really worth suing your loyal fans that have made you millions.  Then we go to St Anger, which could possibly be one of the worst albums of all time.  To put this out and claim that you're doing something innovative and making art is a joke.  I found it funny when Metallica had to hire a tribute band to tour with them because as James said, "we forget how to play some of the old songs."  And as for Lars and James they're quick to put down someone in a second if that person upstages them, such as Axl Rose.  James little reading of Axl's tour rider back in the day was just an example of his ignorance.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2004, 04:04:19 AM »

James Hetfield is a clumsy idiot. He was jelous of GN'R and they're popularity.

They changed their roots for money and then fucked it up big time. Metallica are 15 years gone. James shut the fuck up u greedy idiot.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2004, 04:24:02 AM »

Civil Attitude might be Lars.   Except I thought Lars knew how to spell.  Maybe it's James.
Civil Attitude
Headliner

« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »

hihi    i wish i was lars lol.......no seriously i can understand what you mean by evolving and selling out on what they used to be..but its liek when the black album came out it pissed off their loyal ass fans because it didnt sound like "metallica"...but in an interview i remember listening to james say that for every fan they lsot they gained new ones....and thats kind of the same with st anger..when i was at the concert and they started playing shit from that album..i fuckin sat down lol....and then i looked behind me and saw this kid singing it and pretending to play bass to it.
its sjut you have to change with music to stay relavant and to develop new things...and to say that Guns didnt go through a HUGE change is ridiculous...just watch the WTTJ video......and when its over watch The estranged one....sorry guns fuckin changed a whole hell of a lot to...im not saying i dont liek hwo they changed because fuck after appetite the illusions are my favorite damn albums..

and yeah fuck lars for the whole napster thing....that greedy cocksucker can eat my ass.  All that shit did for me was make me download music and give some bands a big "hey fuck you buddy"

Pleased to meet you....Hope you guessed my name...O Yeah,... But whats Puzzlin you is the  nature of my Game..
Civil Attitude
Headliner

« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2004, 10:17:47 AM »

oh one mroe thing......if you dont change how you sound through the years.......youll sound liek ACDC....i liek them to but taking an hour drive and flipping through the radio and hearing 10 songs that sound the same gets old as fuck to

PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2004, 10:20:24 AM »

I dont know what the fuck is going through your heads......i love GNR To death .but xome on.there are songs that are shit compared to MOST of Metallicas catalogue.....id liek to know why some of you guys think they suck so much ass.....i dont know mayeb its jsut because im a fan i liek them so much, but seriosuly every album is gr8..excpet for ST Suck Ass......and when i seen them live for the first time in april...it was unreal....they sounded so good and sjut the atmosphere was so great.....please fill me in why they are so horrible

St. Anger even has it's songs (Some Kind of Monster, Sweet Amber). I just don't like Metallica. I used to, but I guess I just grew up. At least in that area of my life. Seriously - metal is one of the stupidest genres out there. It's so cliche. The only stuff worse is fake punk/emo/hardcore and everything between metal and those genres.

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2004, 10:31:40 AM »

so much hate towards Metallica here..IMO Metallica is one of the best bands in all time. Don't you all start to play the game "uuh, James sayed something bad about Axl...Fuck James and Metallica sucks ass"..that's kind of lame thing to do when we all know that you all like pretty much many Metallica's songs.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2004, 10:50:04 AM »

I love GNR, but Metallica is every bit in the same league if not higher than GNR. All one needs to do is look at the attendance numbers of their tours over the last 20 years to see that they sellout almost everywhere they go no matter what. And that is including the continual revolving door at the bass. I would also venture to say their album sales far surpass Gnr(Not sure, but I would be pretty confident making that claim).

Does all the hate stem from the fact they have continued to release albums for the last 20 years and didn't just stop after the black album in 91? Some of their albums have backfired, but that happened when they experimented a little too much. The same would have happened to GNR over that same period of time had they actually released music and not sat in a cave for the better part of 11 years.
amundsma
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2004, 11:21:04 AM »

yeah dude! Fuck Metallica! Fuck James and Lars!  You guys are geeks.  Metallica is probably the best metal band of all time.  GN'R isn't the whole world.  Infact they haven't done shit in a decade.  ok
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2004, 01:09:28 PM »

bullshit metallica is in the same league as GnR-  or higher?  thats a fucking joke.  Metallica is a cool band but GnR blows them away in every way.

Lars even knows it.  He's always talking about how great axl is.  

Also....   St. Anger sucks.  It's the worst CD I've ever heard.  They've done nothing good since black album.   Thank god Axl waits to release CD to make sure it doesnt suck.  Metallica should have takin 10 years to make a cd also.  Releasing a cd for the sake of releasing a cd is pointless if its gonna be a piece of shit like the load albums and st anger
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 01:10:18 PM by AxlFink » Logged
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2004, 01:11:52 PM »

and whats with james since his rehab?  anyone see the movie?  he's like a homo now
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: