Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:47:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Obama Administration thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Obama Administration thread  (Read 255915 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2008, 12:35:08 PM »

Is this "The Obama Administration thread" or "I'm obsessed with Bush thread"??   hihi

I think Obama is handling the Blagojevich fiasco really well. It has become a bit racially tinged by comments like this made by Rep. Bobby Rush

"I will ask you to not hang and lynch the appointee as you try to castigate the appointer. Separate, if you will, the appointee from the appointed," Rush said.

( http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/30/rep-rush-invokes-race-defending-blagojevich-senate-appointment/)

Obama is really the only one to be able to diffuse the race component and he is by not making race an issue.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:44:59 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2008, 12:58:30 PM »

Is this "The Obama Administration thread" or "I'm obsessed with Bush thread"??   hihi

I think Obama is handling the Blagojevich fiasco really well. It has become a bit racially tinged by comments like this made by Rep. Bobby Rush

"I will ask you to not hang and lynch the appointee as you try to castigate the appointer. Separate, if you will, the appointee from the appointed," Rush said.

( http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/30/rep-rush-invokes-race-defending-blagojevich-senate-appointment/)

Obama is really the only one to be able to diffuse the race component and he is by not making race an issue.

It's an "Obama has to fix XYZ that Bush managed to fuck up in his last two months" thread.  AKA "BUSH DID WHAT?!?!?!"  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »

Considering Obama is basically going to have to fix the variety of Bush fuck ups it's nearly impossible to not discuss this loser. Although I find it amusing that you avoided the subject like the plague. Watching the GOP eat their own is just great.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2008, 09:46:17 PM »

Maybe they're all a little cannibalistic and believe he may be the makings of a good meal.  He's in good health, not to leathery, has some meat on his bones....Hey fill him with pretzels and he maybe quite tasty?  Wash it down with an ice cold Bud.  Afterward have a Ronnie Bennington's cupcake for dessert....
If the President were made of spare ribs would you take a bite?  Come on it's a simple question...Just say yes and we'll move along.
 drool

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2008, 09:48:37 PM »

Yeah, and each Obama fuckup (dare me to say there won't be many of them) will be blamed on Bush. "Oh, Bush made him do it", "Duh idiot, could you fix Bush' problems?".

Maybe, maybe not. That won't matter though. Your religion be damned, I've got my own crusade. Sword and shield for anyone in my way.

I can see the posts already.

Of course, that is also a good description for me in my own way. (so now you can't attack me for it, yeah, I'm that clever tonight)

Otherwise, happy new years.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2008, 11:25:29 PM »

Maybe they're all a little cannibalistic and believe he may be the makings of a good meal.  He's in good health, not to leathery, has some meat on his bones....Hey fill him with pretzels and he maybe quite tasty?  Wash it down with an ice cold Bud.  Afterward have a Ronnie Bennington's cupcake for dessert....
If the President were made of spare ribs would you take a bite?  Come on it's a simple question...Just say yes and we'll move along.
 drool

LOL, nah I'll feed Bush to the dogs ha ha.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2009, 03:29:02 AM »

If the President were made of spare ribs would you take a bite?  Come on it's a simple question...

A child could answer it...

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2009, 05:29:34 PM »

On C-Span last night I enjoyed watching Barack Obama's historic speech on race and Jeremiah Wright, from March 18th, 2008.  At the time, while I thought the speech was amazing...I also thought to myself that this country is just not ready to hear this...thank God I was wrong!  Seriously, it sounds even better 9 months later.  It's a speech that will be re-played for many, many years to come.

A speech like that at that time took tremendously large balls. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2009, 03:05:22 PM »

The second "pay-to-play" investigation associated with Obama's transition to the presidency.....

Richardson withdraws bid to be commerce secretary

WASHINGTON ? New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson on Sunday announced that he was withdrawing his nomination to be President-elect Barack Obama's commerce secretary amid a grand jury investigation into how some of his political donors won a lucrative state contract.

Richardson's withdrawal was the first disruption of Obama's Cabinet process and the second "pay-to-play" investigation that has touched Obama's transition to the presidency. The president-elect has remained above the fray in both the case of arrested Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and with the New Mexico case.

A federal grand jury is investigating how a California company that contributed to Richardson's political activities won a New Mexico state contract worth more than $1 billion. Richardson said in a statement issued by the Obama transition office that the investigation could take weeks or months but expressed confidence it will show he and his administration acted properly.

"But I have concluded that the ongoing investigation also would have forced an untenable delay in the confirmation process," Richardson said. "Given the gravity of the economic situation the nation is facing, I could not in good conscience ask the president-elect and his administration to delay for one day the important work that needs to be done."

Richardson said he will remain as governor and told Obama, "I am eager to serve in the future in any way he deems useful."

rest of article at link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090104/ap_on_el_pr/richardson

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2009, 05:51:39 PM »

Just when I think you may have grown out of your partisan b.s. posts, you post this little header:  "The second "pay-to-play" investigation associated with Obama's transition to the presidency....."

Barack Obama had nothing to do with this.  In fact, had they proceeded with the nomination, you'd be dinging Obama for that.  Bullshit dude.  Bullshit.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2009, 06:29:55 PM »

Barrack Obama is simply doing what is necessary, in my opinion, to fulfill his promises to the nation. He does not want to take any chances, cause the Bush Administration did too much of that and look where we are.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2009, 08:05:40 PM »

Just when I think you may have grown out of your partisan b.s. posts, you post this little header:  "The second "pay-to-play" investigation associated with Obama's transition to the presidency....."

Barack Obama had nothing to do with this.  In fact, had they proceeded with the nomination, you'd be dinging Obama for that.  Bullshit dude.  Bullshit.

But it is a fact.  It is in the article.  How is that B.S.?

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2009, 03:40:48 PM »

Fact or fiction, it is in an article, in a thread titled The Obama Administration Thread.  Your going to see this like it or not over and over from new and old press outlets, news blogs, etc..  It goes with the job.  Your under the microscope completely.  Is it fair?  No, I think there should be some personal space allowed with being the President Of the United States but there isn't.  In this day and age where information and new electronics make it easier and easier to gain access to the not just POTUS but anyone really, it's not going to get any better.  I was reading recently where Sen./Pres-elect Obama has become frustrated with constant photos and news hounds following him and his family.  President Clinton went through the same deal as did President Bush.  Former President Clinton not unlike other former presidents, did sneak out of the White House to avoid constant media and photographers.  President Bush for that matter stopped e-mails with family so his personal family life messages would not go into the public records.  I guess everyone needs some time alone.  Why do you think they all buy big properties, ranches or waterfront properties?  So that you can't get to them or that they are secluded.  Using the landscape and security measures keeps some sort of peace from the constant scrutiny from anyone especially dirt diggers.  For themselves and their families, it's a needed vacation and residence.  It's not like they're not running things or in constant or immediate contact if anything comes up.  It just a way of chillin out and then somewhere to go once retiring.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2009, 10:35:54 PM »

Talking Joe: Biden makes news

Joe Biden hasn?t said much in public since the election, but one of Washington?s most prolific talkers is back ? and making news whenever he speaks.

In fewer than five minutes on Tuesday, Biden criticized his own incoming Obama administration and disclosed information his aides have kept secret for security reasons.

And on Monday, Biden declared, ?We?re at war!? and compared the economic turmoil to 9/11.

Team Obama kept Biden under wraps immediately after the election, but with his Senate swearing-in and upcoming Iraq trip, he?s back in front of the microphones.

Chatting with reporters after he was sworn in for a seventh term in the Senate, Biden called it ?a mistake? that the Obama transition selected Leon Panetta as CIA director without consulting the Senate intelligence committee.

"I'm still a Senate man and I always think this way. I think it's always good to talk to the requisite members of Congress," Biden said. ?I think it was just a mistake."

Biden then went on to reveal the key stops on his upcoming overseas trip with a Senate delegation ? without even being asked.

?This will be my God-knows-how-many trips, I guess my 10th or 11th trip into Iraq and I don?t know how many times in Afghanistan and Pakistan,? Biden told reporters who had questioned him about what he expects to accomplish on his South Asia trip.

Just yesterday Biden?s Senate office took care to conceal these destinations, declaring in news release announcing his travels: ?For security reasons, details of the delegation's itinerary will be released as the trip progresses.?

And on Biden?s criticism of the Panetta rollout, one transition official noted that President-elect Barack Obama and Biden were in agreement on the matter ? both felt it should have been handled differently. Biden called Feinstein to apologize personally, and Feinstein said that Obama also had called to apologize.

The 9/11 comparison came during a closed-door meeting with lawmakers and Obama on Capitol Hill Monday, two sources familiar with the exchange told Politico.

His spokeswoman Elizabeth Alexander said Biden was referring to how Congress ?came together and worked together for the sake of the country, that the Congress worked day and night to accomplish what was necessary.?

But Biden also leaned toward some stark imagery during an interview last month on ABC?s ?This Week,? where he said a stimulus package was necessary to keep the economy from ?absolutely tanking.?

The vice president-elect even displayed some of his classic flair in an event Monday night honoring Delaware Gov. Ruth Ann Minner.

He commended Minner for her service and ?deep love, a deep deep love? for the state of Delaware, according to a local news report.

But then, the report says, Biden noted Minner?s sometime "vindictiveness? before calling her "a lady with a backbone like a ramrod."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17139.html

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2009, 12:25:09 AM »

Well Sen. Biden has had a way with tripping over his own tongue.  Bush did as well but, he did admit to doing so.....We haven't heard from Sen. Biden nor Emanuel in a long time.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »

Look at it this way...we went from Darth Vader to Ja Ja Binks!

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2009, 11:17:10 AM »

Use the Shwartz to beat Dark Helmet

Dark Helmet: Careful you idiot. I said across her nose, not up it!
Laser Gunner: Sorry sir. Doing my best.
Dark Helmet: Who made that man a gunner?
Major Asshole: I did sir. He's my cousin.
Dark Helmet: Who is he?
Colonel Sandurz: He's an asshole sir.
Dark Helmet: I know that!....What's his name?
Colonel Sandurz: That is his name sir, Major Asshole
Dark Helmet: and his cousin?
Colonel Sandurz: He's an asshole too sir: Gunner's mate, first class, Philip Asshole
Dark Helmet: How many assholes we got on this ship anyhow?
The Crew: YO!!!!
Dark Helmet: I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes
[Dark Helmet pulls his mask down]
Dark Helmet: Keep firing assholes!!

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »

^ classic - I love that movie.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2009, 02:35:50 AM »

I'm having cake with Jmack on inauguration day, who would like to join us? I'd come pick you up if you need a ride, but be warned my car drifts to the left...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2009, 07:57:13 AM »

I'm having cake with Jmack on inauguration day, who would like to join us? I'd come pick you up if you need a ride, but be warned my car drifts to the left...

I'm in.

You need directions up to CT?  I just did the drive down to Florida about a month ago (and then back again), so they're still pretty fresh in my mind!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: