Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:29:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This I Love - discussion/comments
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This I Love - discussion/comments  (Read 172481 times)
Annie
« Reply #480 on: January 16, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »

i would love to see 'this i love' replace one of the "old" ballads in the setlist. (ex. SCOM, NR)

i don't think there would be a dry eye in the house. well, this at least stands true for me anyway. i've been listening to the song daily for almost 2 months now and i still can't listen to it all the way through without balling my eyes out.

I know what you mean, I just love this song so so much. I'd love to see it replace November Rain.
I didn't think it was possible that i could love a song more than NOVEMBER RAIN but I do and it is THIS I LOVE!
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #481 on: January 16, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »

^^^ I know. It's just so beautiful. I never thought I'd find another song with as much passion as November Rain, but this has even MORE!

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
Annie
« Reply #482 on: January 16, 2009, 06:31:52 PM »

^^^ I know. It's just so beautiful. I never thought I'd find another song with as much passion as November Rain, but this has even MORE!
You are so right! It just makes you feel things so deeply!
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #483 on: January 16, 2009, 06:32:20 PM »

Its superb!, it fits so well being followed by Prostitute.  I keep skipping to 'This I love'-'Prostitiute' Couldnt ask for a better end to 2008's best album......
Annie
« Reply #484 on: January 16, 2009, 10:41:22 PM »

Its superb!, it fits so well being followed by Prostitute.  I keep skipping to 'This I love'-'Prostitiute' Couldnt ask for a better end to 2008's best album......
When I get in the car I like listen to TIL a few times, then Madagascar, CITR and Better. I will usually hit repeat for TIL at least 2 times. When I listen to CD at home I tend to listen in order, then repeat Madagascar and TIL.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #485 on: January 17, 2009, 07:26:16 AM »

got gigantic goose bumps when the solo just kicked in, this song is holy

same with the last verse
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #486 on: January 17, 2009, 10:44:10 AM »

When I get in the car I like listen to TIL a few times, then Madagascar, CITR and Better. I will usually hit repeat for TIL at least 2 times. When I listen to CD at home I tend to listen in order, then repeat Madagascar and TIL.

That is awesome.  I'm the same way, except I usually add If The World, Sorry, and Scraped into the mix.  TIL always gets the most listens though.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #487 on: January 17, 2009, 05:19:39 PM »

The vocal part just after the solo is just incredible, just listened to it again  drool

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
GIMH
Opening Act

« Reply #488 on: January 17, 2009, 06:17:56 PM »

One of the best songs ever
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #489 on: January 17, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »

I agree its a good song ! but not better than Nov Rain.  Robin's guitar solo is pretty damn good.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #490 on: January 17, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »

I love the guitar solo too. It's brilliant. So full of passion.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
GIMH
Opening Act

« Reply #491 on: January 17, 2009, 06:57:40 PM »

I prefer it to November Rain
Annie
« Reply #492 on: February 07, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »

Ok. I just attended a TWILIGHT convention that was held at a hotel right next to the ALLSTATE ARENa in Rosemont where I last saw GNR in November of 2006. I was able to give out copies of Chinese Democracy to three of the actors from the film and to the people who run the TWILIGHT LEXICON website. I can be very intense when i am passionate about something, and I told them all that TIL could be Edward Cullen's theme song in NEW MOON and that it is OSCAR worthy! They all seemed excited to listen to it, and Ashley Greene said the producers ask for their input on what music makes the soundtrack! Ashley places Alice Cullen and Peter Facinelli plays Carlisle Cullen.  It was really cool to share my love of TIL with people who were involved with one of my all time favorite movies!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #493 on: February 07, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »

Ok. I just attended a TWILIGHT convention that was held at a hotel right next to the ALLSTATE ARENa in Rosemont where I last saw GNR in November of 2006. I was able to give out copies of Chinese Democracy to three of the actors from the film and to the people who run the TWILIGHT LEXICON website. I can be very intense when i am passionate about something, and I told them all that TIL could be Edward Cullen's theme song in NEW MOON and that it is OSCAR worthy! They all seemed excited to listen to it, and Ashley Greene said the producers ask for their input on what music makes the soundtrack! Ashley places Alice Cullen and Peter Facinelli plays Carlisle Cullen.  It was really cool to share my love of TIL with people who were involved with one of my all time favorite movies!

just wondering , how old are you?

Im wondering whether GNR may appeal to Twilight audience.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Annie
« Reply #494 on: February 08, 2009, 08:14:13 AM »

THIS SONG will appeal to the TWILIGHT crowd. Most Twilight fans are female and there are tweens, teens and adults. At least I am trying to promote the CD, which is more than I can say for  Universal/Interscope. I met alot of really nice people and they were all open to listening to TIL even thought they weren't GNR fans at this time. TIL could change all of that. As for my age, people have told me that I look like this French actress named Emmanuelle Beart, and we are the same age. TIL is a deeply moving and passionate song that will be a huge commercial success if handled correctly.The one thing TWILIGHT fans and GNR fans have in common is that they are DIEHARDS. If Robert Pattinson had been at this convention I would have had a greater chance of being trampled than at a GNR concert in the middle of a riot!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:44:37 AM by Annie » Logged
Principessa
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #495 on: February 08, 2009, 08:41:40 AM »

And if you are into the mystery of Vampires,

the Twilight crowd may also find the GN'R link to the book/film 'Interview With The Vampire' interesting.

(though the rating is MA)!!

BTW, there is some beautiful harp on that soundtrack too!

I purchased Twilight the other day, out of interest. (Since Annie has been raving about it so much)!  Smiley Thanks.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:16:32 PM by Principessa » Logged

...and I Do
Annie
« Reply #496 on: February 08, 2009, 08:45:47 AM »

And if you are into the mystery Vampires,

the Twilight crowd may also find the GN'R link to the book/film 'Interview With The Vampire' interesting.

(though the rating is MA)!!

I purchased Twilight the other day, out of interest. (Since Annie has been raving about it so much)!  Smiley

I hope you like it. I really think that Robert Pattinson aka Edward will like TIL.
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #497 on: February 08, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »

This song is begging to be a spring/summer radio hit.

It's the most accessible song on the record imo, and has the best chance
for a huge impact this year.

I hope G n R's management are on the same page, and promote the hell out of this song.

It needs a video, huge radio promotion, and possibly a summer blockbuster movie tie in.

Don't do this song wrong!
MattyJam
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #498 on: February 08, 2009, 11:06:05 AM »

I really can't see this being a single at all.

Undeniably it's a great song, but could you really imagine it being played on the radios? I certainly couldn't.

It almost sounds like a song from a musical... It woudn't be deemed 'edgey' enough for most rock stations...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #499 on: February 08, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »

The fact that it doesnt sound like a typical rock ballad is all the reason why it should be the next single...or the first "ballad" single. I rather them take a chance with TIL rather than releasing SOD. SOD is very good but too safe. They need to take chances. And this is the perfect song to take a chance with. They have nothing to lose. Plus this song can be played on 3 Major stations here in NY.

KRock,q104.3 and cough cough...z100

if it hits album sales will skyrocket....especially with the latter 2 stations.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: