Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:37:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Estranged an Awesomely Bad Song?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Estranged an Awesomely Bad Song?!  (Read 21093 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: November 25, 2004, 12:44:11 PM »

Its going to be on Vh1's bad metal songs!...what the fuk...I can see if you dont liek the video but the song itself...get the hell outta here.....If it was a bad video show I can undertsand but not a song!....

Its on VH1 no 1230-130 o rmaybe a lil more....

disgrace
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 11:43:56 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 12:50:29 PM »

They did this years ago on another show when good bands make bad songs/videos, I think it's the whole overdone video with the dolphins and wasn't up to par with the trilogy..

I personally think the song rocks, but the video was a little much.. The most raw, wild, & untamed rock band in the 80's became the biggest staged act..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 12:51:27 PM »

like i said if u wann amake fun of the video...no problemo...but this is a show about bad songs...and estranged is not a bad song!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 12:52:34 PM »

it's not an metal song wtf Huh

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 12:54:31 PM »

it was number 32 on the countdown. Im sure the show will reair a lot...so you can catch what they say....

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 12:56:11 PM »

they made fun of the piano solos.. they were like "i expect a guitar solo but what do i get? a piano solo" or somethin like that.. but they forget to mention the kickass guitar solos in the song.. i love estranged the song and the video equally.. i dun give a shit..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 12:56:37 PM »

it's not an metal song wtf Huh

Anything from nelson to winger to bon jovi is considered metal on these shows.. It's just the time period or type of band I believe..

They had metal moments, but it consists of hard rock as well..

Yeah YG, I think the song is amazing, just seems like that's the one that gnr gets nailed about.. I remember tom petty's last dance with mary jane was getting more credit that year..

They can say it's the song, but trust me the video is the reason I believe it's getting shit on..
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 12:58:27 PM »

Are VH1 trying to win an award for 'Most Ignorant and Unfunny Show of 2004'?  This program would win it.  What the fuck are they doing?  The sad thing is half the people watching it will say "GN'R are a shit band cos VH1 said so".

Try making some quality programming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2004, 01:00:38 PM »

The sad thing is half the people watching it will say "GN'R are a shit band cos VH1 said so".
To be fair, VH1 give GNr major props on these countdown shows. I wouldnt go crazy over this but I just think they are wrong when saying Estranged is a horrible song....

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 01:01:51 PM »

Metal sucks, and very often, metal fans are totally closed-minded. In fact it's because they are used to listening to...noize. Estranged is fantastic, piano is fantastic it's one of the most wonderfull instrument to play.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2004, 01:02:10 PM »

GNR_green don't get bent, it's a stupid show just like the crazy rolling stone top 500 song's list.. The same with the guitarist n frontmen of all time..

Just put it this way ti got alot of airtime on mtv back in it's day, I use to watch the countdown every time and it woulkd battle tom petty for first.. I think if gnr stayed tight this would have never happened, it was snubbed att he vmas as well.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 01:10:55 PM »

This is the main reason why I love GnR, because as far as I am concerned they are not a heavy metal band. A band who write songs like Estranged, Breakdown, The Blues, Madagascar, So Fine etc are way not a metal band. They are a Rock n Roll band in their own league. How do you define Heavy Metal or Rock and Roll though? I for one cant stand bands like Iron Maiden, Mettalica (apart from a couple of their songs), etc, these are bands that are really classed as Heavy Metal arent they? I would never put GnR in this category of music. I think Estranged is the greatest song ever written and the video is okay too.

journey
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 01:16:12 PM »

I wouldn't take VH1 seriously. I mean they spend their time making all these lists. Tomorrow they'll be counting down the 50 best butts of all time.? Roll Eyes I'm not gonna be offended by their lameness.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 01:37:28 PM »

VH1 i use to like but what the hell?  they have some ridiculous countdowns and its one of those things they need to give up, it was cool the first few lists but like reality tv and everything else it always gets over done.

i guess in some ways Estranged to those who are narrow minded was maybe GNR jumpin the shark or something with  the self indulgent, long, weird metaphoric video *a video that u need intelligence to understand,how dare GNR*

VH1 have no taste, look at the gay college GQ pretty preppy frat boy lookin gay rock they push now on their station.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 01:37:56 PM »

GNR_green don't get bent

Don't worry, I'm not!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2004, 01:41:05 PM »

They did this years ago on another show when good bands make bad songs/videos, I think it's the whole overdone video with the dolphins and wasn't up to par with the trilogy..

I personally think the song rocks, but the video was a little much.. The most raw, wild, & untamed rock band in the 80's became the biggest staged act..

well, it was 'not so street'. But one of the best songs ever with a bit overproduced Danielle Steele-pink video.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2004, 01:44:01 PM »

Very popular songs like this get slated 'cause it's cool
Fuck the naysayers, Estranged is a killer.
Intercourse.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2004, 01:54:12 PM »

Metal sucks, and very often, metal fans are totally closed-minded. In fact it's because they are used to listening to...noize. Estranged is fantastic, piano is fantastic it's one of the most wonderfull instrument to play.

well, it seems you're the one who is closed-minded. you can't generalize that all metal sucks. there are lots of different styles, much have lots of melodies, but harder riffs. so what? just if you don't like it, doesn't mean shit. the only thing that sucks is your post, get some perspective!
btw, Estranged is my fav GnR track.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 01:58:37 PM »

I just don't understand the metal conception of music. is the goal to make only noize? Huh

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 02:04:49 PM »

lots say that about axl's vocals too (stuck like a hog) Wink

I have the sam problem with jazz

jazz wtf Huh
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004, 02:10:43 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: