Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:38:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  something not right in VR land?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: something not right in VR land?  (Read 18934 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2005, 05:46:18 PM »

Man someone said they played come on come in live.. It's also on the radio.. Good sing to me.. Damn I want to hear the entire thing..
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2005, 05:49:17 PM »

4 more shows and the same song list? sure why not. they should'v emad emore material while on tour, see how the fans reacted to it. imput.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2005, 08:43:10 PM »

Guys,

Relax. Think about it, these guys have been flogging this album to death on the road. They are not in the huge acts they were so they can do 5/6 shows a week against say 3-4 a week when you're a stadium/ large arena act.? If anything, I think they are right to close out the summer on the Ozzfest high and hunker down for a new album.

I believe Scott will stay clean; read his article about his drug use, the man has had enough bad luck associated with his old habit. He lost everything: wife, kids, STP, a lot of his money, his self-respect and his sanity.? He's back with a band he is clearly proud of, he may get pissy with Matt and Slash sometimes but tell me who in a band doesn't have their spats?

They are probably jaded with the Contraband tracks and are looking forward to moving on. The fact that 4 wives and 6 children now have to be considered also changes things. They are not a bunch of 21 year old tearaways anymore. Marriages crumble and children get fucked up when Daddy is away too long with too many old temptations hovering around. Those men love their families so much, they have all said so and they probably would like to chill out by the pool with the wife and watch the kids enjoy the summer. Contraband has probably sold about 4 million worldwide which along with the tour was a nice earner. They have earned the rest.

I hope to see them all back with a killer album for Christmas or soon after. Thanks for rockin' the last year VR.? ok
Cheers,
Intercourse.

most intelligent post i've read in a long time. i agree. I think they just decided that Live 8 would be the biggest and best way to end their touring for Contraband. I mean think about it- when they started a year ago there was so much doubt about them, they were playing small shows. Now they're gonna be playing in one of the biggest concerts in the world. Fuckin A man, what better way to go out?? What better way to cap off a truly great and successful year for VR? It's like Axl ending the gnr tour after MSG- it wasn't getting any better than that (even if he didnt end it on purpose, you still get the point). Those 5 shows after Live 8 would just be a letdown, and i think they realized that and decided to just fuck it. Let them rest. They earned it. At least they're not cancelling 2 hours after the show was supposed to start.

now you know me better
Warren
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2005, 03:24:56 AM »

There's something going on... Bad or good ?

Is Axl behind it ? Reunion ?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 04:30:01 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2005, 07:53:29 AM »

last night at the vr show scott said they )press) are fucking assholes and the band is not breaking up,, He said as long as you guys come out we will be there to play.. Just don't listen to the press.. In so many words..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2005, 07:57:44 AM »

He said as long as you guys come out we will be there to play..

They'll be playing at the festivals if the fans show up?? hihi

most intelligent post i've read in a long time. i agree. I think they just decided that Live 8 would be the biggest and best way to end their touring for Contraband.

But so far they've only cancelled the last five European shows, they're still scheduled to tour in August/September in USA.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2005, 08:02:25 AM »

I have no idea why they are not going to play those last 5 shows.. There must be some kind of conflict//... At least he said something on stage to adress that they aren't having problems the press is claiming..
Warren
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2005, 08:08:35 AM »

Tickets for VR concert in Montreux Festival are still on sale...  Roll Eyes www.montreuxjazz.com
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2005, 08:22:46 AM »

He said as long as you guys come out we will be there to play..

They'll be playing at the festivals if the fans show up?? hihi

most intelligent post i've read in a long time. i agree. I think they just decided that Live 8 would be the biggest and best way to end their touring for Contraband.

But so far they've only cancelled the last five European shows, they're still scheduled to tour in August/September in USA.

/jarmo

then they want a break over the summer. or they don't like europe. take your pick. i'm fine with either.

now you know me better
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2005, 08:35:40 AM »

I think it really sucks they had to pull out for whatever reason, but I also look at it like they have been though europe twice and the states twice so it's time to get back to making new music and taking a rest. It could be as simple as they are tired and burnt out.. maybe they are trying to better their show by adding to their setlist but need to record new songs.. I hope the shows were festivals that had some other cool bands to not make it a total lose.. At leas there was notice of some kind..
echeguns
Headliner

Never too old to rock n roll!

« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2005, 08:40:03 PM »

They just want to end the tour on a high note at the Live 8 show.  It totally makes sense.  It's the climax to everything that Contraband and VR were meant to be.  Think of it as a movie and this is the final scene.  How dramatic would Purple Rain had been if the last show was just another show and not some dramatic event.  Let's give them the benefit of the doubt.  They've earned that by releasing a damn good album and playing their balls off all around the world twice.  I know I'm ready for some new VR tunes.

Atlanta 1988
Atlanta 1989
San Francisco 2010
Greenville 2011
Las Vegas 2014
Atlanta 2016
Miami 2017
New York 2017
Austin 2019
Lexington KY 2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2005, 08:00:04 AM »

But the tour isn't ending.

They only cancelled the last European shows, not the August/September dates.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
echeguns
Headliner

Never too old to rock n roll!

« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2005, 12:20:39 PM »

Then lets just call it the finale to this leg of the tour.  I still think its a great way to finish off before they go into the studio again.

Atlanta 1988
Atlanta 1989
San Francisco 2010
Greenville 2011
Las Vegas 2014
Atlanta 2016
Miami 2017
New York 2017
Austin 2019
Lexington KY 2023
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2005, 12:33:56 PM »

I agree that it would've been a great way to end the tour if they hadn't booked the 5 dates. Sure it is more dramatic, and wow, but the people who bought tickets to the last shows, _especially_ festivals since they're prolly not getting a refund, won't think it's such a cool idea. I'm just glad I'm not one of those people.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that they're tired, I just feel bad for the people who lost money on this.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: