Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:36:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill 'O'Really on Jon Stewart's Daily Show  (Read 31139 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2005, 01:36:53 PM »

I'm just thinking terrorist fundings from Saudi Arabia happen to hurt the US a lot more than what anti-French focused people think. But that's a subject that is often avoided. Easier to start the Freedom Fries shit.

Could you give us a link about what you're saying with those terrorists in France and what Chirac did? I have not read it in recent news, I guess I missed it. I'm not saying I don't believe you (Chirac is such an asshole, I wouldn't be surprised), but I prefer to read it for myself.

So when O'Reilly a/k/a Poppa Bear is saying France is "our real enemy", that's not something that's promoting hate against the French people? It's funny how right wing people see the world. And of course O'Reilly is not biased. Just like Moore. Or Franken.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2005, 01:38:13 PM »

there are terrorist groups in france that want to kill americans only. the U.S. has asked chirac to designate them as terrorist organizations (which would prevent them from raising funds in Europe). and chirac REFUSES. does that make any sense???

Do you know why he refuses? I'm curious because I think he must have a reason...

I remember reading about some people from Somalia who live in Sweden that were branded terrorists by the USA. I don't remember the details but I think they had collected money for somebody/something.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2005, 02:14:34 PM »

the terror group is Hezbollah.

Chirac stated the timing was not right.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43129

Hezbollah: We'll be 'destroyed' if added to terror list
Violent Lebanese group fears request for EU sanctions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 3, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
? 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

If the European Union follows Israeli recommendations this week and places Hezbollah on a list of official terror organizations, the economic consequences of sanctions would "destroy" the Lebanese terror group, Hezbollah's leader told Arabic language television.

Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom Monday called on the European Union to add Hezbollah to its list of terrorist groups ? a step Europe so far has been reluctant to take. The request follows a suicide bombing Friday in Tel Aviv that Israel says was directed by Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad with funding and assistance from Syria.

Shalom said he reiterated the long-standing Israeli request regarding Hezbollah during a meeting this week with his Belgian counterpart, Karel De Gucht, and will express the Jewish state's concerns to other EU members.

Shalom told reporters Hezbollah operates dozens of terror cells, directs a group of Palestinian terrorists and offers millions of dollars in assistance to West Bank militants.

"We see they make every effort to sabotage progress in the peace process," Shalom said.

The United States also has attempted to persuade the EU to list Hezbollah as a terrorist group.

Meanwhile, Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah said European blacklisting would "destroy" his group.

Designating Hezbollah a terror group in Europe will mean "the sources of [our] funding will dry up and the sources of moral, political and material support will be destroyed," Nasrallah told Al Manar, Hezbollah's satellite television station.

"The political option [used by the Israelis], which is more important and dangerous, is manifested by the Israeli-Zionist unceasing efforts to lay siege to [Hezbollah] in Lebanon and in the future in Palestine and globally, internationally, regionally and even locally in Lebanon. That is the most dangerous challenge we have had to face during the past few years, and we stand firm today and will stand firm in the future," said Nasrallah.

France has already responded to Israel's Hezbollah request, with French President Jacques Chirac claiming the timing was not right for such a move.

Israeli officials told reporters the French are aware of the information linking Hezbollah to terrorism, but they are now allegedly focusing their efforts on the civil uprising in Lebanon and say they don't want to risk harming relations with the group.

France's objections are considered the main obstacle to the EU approving the move to add Hezbollah to the terror list.

Israel this week also launched a major diplomatic offensive lobbying for increased international isolation of Syria. Military intelligence chiefs in Jerusalem met several foreign ambassadors, mostly from European countries, to present information linking Syria to the Tel Aviv bombing. Presentations are also scheduled for Washington, London and Paris.

"What we are doing is trying in every capital of the world ... to show them the direct links from Syria to Islamic Jihad, which has a direct connection to what we saw on Friday evening in Tel Aviv," said Ron Prosor, a spokesman for Israel's Foreign Ministry.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2005, 03:53:16 PM »

WorldNetDaily? Are other press sources reporting it as well (ie. AP, Reuters, Washington Post, NYT, etc.)?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2005, 03:55:56 PM »

WorldNetDaily? Are other press sources reporting it as well (ie. AP, Reuters, Washington Post, NYT, etc.)?

are you implying you don't believe it?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2005, 03:59:07 PM »

I believe it - because Chirac can be dumb sometimes, I'm just asking for more sources I usually rely upon. WND is not one of them - that's no offense or anything, because I saw they report AP news too.

RichardNixon
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2005, 05:31:27 PM »

the thing that's great about bill is that the people that supposedly hate him, talk about him more than his fans.

it's hilarious....everyone in this thread that hates him, still watches him enough to know how he acts on TV all the time.

i kinda feel like "pig vomit" from the stern movie...."if you hate him, why do you watch?"

he must be doing something right.

I don't watch his show. I see him from time to time on--like in "Outfoxed" or Jon Stewart. But I would NEVER sit down and watch his show. I rather put my nads on a 2x4 and have someone smash them with a hammer.

You'll watch Outfoxed but not O'Reilly's show? Thats like getting the news from the Enquirer and refusing to read the newspaper.

Oh please. FOX News is basically a right-winged enquirer. ?Outfoxed? is a documentarily. And I do recommend it, it could open your mind to what FOX News really is
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 05:35:13 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Surfrider
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2005, 10:12:29 PM »

the thing that's great about bill is that the people that supposedly hate him, talk about him more than his fans.

it's hilarious....everyone in this thread that hates him, still watches him enough to know how he acts on TV all the time.

i kinda feel like "pig vomit" from the stern movie...."if you hate him, why do you watch?"

I don't watch his show. I see him from time to time on--like in "Outfoxed" or Jon Stewart. But I would NEVER sit down and watch his show. I rather put my nads on a 2x4 and have someone smash them with a hammer.

You'll watch Outfoxed but not O'Reilly's show? Thats like getting the news from the Enquirer and refusing to read the newspaper.

Oh please. FOX News is basically a right-winged enquirer. ?Outfoxed? is a documentarily. And I do recommend it, it could open your mind to what FOX News really is

I think I'll pass.  I bet you also thought Fahrenheit 911 opened up a lot of minds.
RichardNixon
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2005, 10:59:49 PM »

I think I'll pass.? I bet you also thought Fahrenheit 911 opened up a lot of minds.

Yup.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2005, 01:00:13 AM »

I dont take anyone seriously that believes everything Micheal Moore says.

Lets say for a minute that O reilly is right wing garbage, Left wingers bash people who like O Reilly but yet believe every single thing Left Wing propagandist spew.

So a huge hypocrisy there.

I agree with about 60 percent of O Reilly but I like him cause of his opinions and his passion.

Ill take a guy who believes in what he is saying whether I agree with him or not, over someone who forms opinions based on other people's opinions.

The reason I think Fox News seem so Right Wing is because every other news agency is Left Wing, so when Fox criticizes the Left it makes them look more conservative mainly cause all the Left Wing news organizations dont.

But even if Fox is Right Wing, who cares?? I mean CNN is Left,ABC,CBS,NBC all are left wing news agencies, so whats the big deal?

90 percent of the time u see people with opposing sides debating on O Reilly. I think that is about as fair and balanced as u can get of course no one is perfect.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RichardNixon
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2005, 01:23:21 AM »

I dont take anyone seriously that believes everything Micheal Moore says.

Lets say for a minute that O reilly is right wing garbage, Left wingers bash people who like O Reilly but yet believe every single thing Left Wing propagandist spew.

So a huge hypocrisy there.

I agree with about 60 percent of O Reilly but I like him cause of his opinions and his passion.

Ill take a guy who believes in what he is saying whether I agree with him or not, over someone who forms opinions based on other people's opinions.

The reason I think Fox News seem so Right Wing is because every other news agency is Left Wing, so when Fox criticizes the Left it makes them look more conservative mainly cause all the Left Wing news organizations dont.

But even if Fox is Right Wing, who cares?? I mean CNN is Left,ABC,CBS,NBC all are left wing news agencies, so whats the big deal?

90 percent of the time u see people with opposing sides debating on O Reilly. I think that is about as fair and balanced as u can get of course no one is perfect.

You are generalizing ?left-wingers? here. A lot of people hate Bill O?Reilly, and one hundred percent of them do not back Michael Moore 100 percent of the time.

Let?s examine this sentence: 

?I?ll take a guy who believes in what he is saying whether I agree with him or not over someone who forms opinions based on other people's opinions??

Does that mean you will side with Adof Hitler? After all, he was ?passionate? and ?believed what he was saying.?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2005, 01:52:59 AM »

I always hear "left wing bias" in our media, but see nothing more than Fox pointing and saying "left wing bias". Sure there is bias on either side. But the claim that there is a "left wing bias" (overall in our media) is a scare tactic at best. It's an "around the dinner table topic" to get people upset. It's what Bush based his entire election on....gay marriage, the supposed attack on Christainity in this country...blah blah blah. People sit around and talk at the dinner table...."They are attacking our religion, trying to brainwash our kids in school with liberal agenda, even the media is liberal...."

BOO! Big boogie man coming to get you....(yet when asked I never get a good answer, just "it's so" type responses)

Just like they say "fair and balanced". In reality it is they report....you repeat. Nothing said here has not already been droned out by OR over an over. You just repeat it because he says so. Nobody was crying about "liberal professors, " or "liberal media" a few years back. Not until OR and others like him say it over and over for the sheepish to take in and repeat.

Please show us examples of Left wing bias in the media. I was once told that the extensive coverage of Bill Clintons BJ was actually left wing Bias, which I found utterly stupid. But alas, you believe what you will......

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2005, 01:59:12 AM »

I think Fox saw an opening in the marketplace and have capitalized greatly. No one attacks the news from the angle fox does and they have the highest ratings of any cable news. Who ever thought CNN would be knocked out, I sure didnt.

Richard Nixon u are totally twisting everything around.

If u dont believe everything Micheal Moore says then u dont apply, I never said all left wingers believed him verbatim but there are those who think everything in his documentaries are 100 percent fact and they arent.

its about 50/50, he has some truth with fiction around it but because its based on an element of truth it appears to be so.

Dont put Bill O Reilly and Adolf Hitler in the same sentence, there is a huge difference in supporting someone like O Reilly for his opinions and supporting someone like Adolf Hitler, I mean were u actually serious when u said that?

Ill give u one Huge Example of bias in the Media SLC and that bias really helped cost Kerry the election.

CBS News and their fake ass report on George Bush.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2005, 02:49:14 AM »

OK, let me get this straight.

Dan Rather runs a story with bad sources and that means "liberal bias". But if the President of the United States goes to war with bad sources that is then "bad intelligence" and the Prez should not be held accountable. ( Ironically, the fake docs were still true...Bush was given special treament in the national gaurd.)

Either way, that doesn't really represent the "liberal media" out to brainwash everybody. You guys claim the media is "liberal", give me more than one example. Show me, overall that the media is liberal.

POPmetal
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2005, 03:17:42 AM »

Nobody was crying about "liberal professors, " or "liberal media" a few years back.

This could be because:
1) There really was no media bias
OR
2) You just didn't hear about it because the left had a monopoly on media and academia

And does anybody else find it ironic the same guy who posts conspiracy theories about why the US invaded Iraq, is whining about the right allegedly using using cries of "left wing bias" as a "scare tactic"? hihi? pot ... kettle ...
POPmetal
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2005, 03:40:16 AM »

You guys claim the media is "liberal", give me more than one example. Show me, overall that the media is liberal.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005312

Now, I know the intellectually blind will simply dismiss this because it comes from a conservative source. But I'm posting it anyway for people who do actually consider evidence from opposing view points.
RichardNixon
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2005, 03:48:54 AM »

I think Fox saw an opening in the marketplace and have capitalized greatly. No one attacks the news from the angle fox does and they have the highest ratings of any cable news. Who ever thought CNN would be knocked out, I sure didnt.

If u dont believe everything Micheal Moore says then u dont apply, I never said all left wingers believed him verbatim but there are those who think everything in his documentaries are 100 percent fact and they arent.

its about 50/50, he has some truth with fiction around it but because its based on an element of truth it appears to be so.

Dont put Bill O Reilly and Adolf Hitler in the same sentence, there is a huge difference in supporting someone like O Reilly for his opinions and supporting someone like Adolf Hitler, I mean were u actually serious when u said that?

Ill give u one Huge Example of bias in the Media SLC and that bias really helped cost Kerry the election.

My point was it is stupid to believe and or follow someone because they ?believe in what they are saying.?

This ?liberal bias? is pure crap. When the US invaded Iraq, all four networks and most papers supported Bush and the war and didn?t ask any hardball questions.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2005, 07:10:19 AM »

Now, I know the intellectually blind will simply dismiss this because it comes from a conservative source.

Wow...so people who don't rely upon conservative sources or doubt their articles are "intellectually blind". I don't know why you guy always have to use that kind of low level remarks to put yourself above the rest. I guess it makes you feel better. When you guys won't use that kind of behavior, I may actually consider your point of views...but are you capable of having a normal debate without putting down "the other side"? Hmmm...don't think so.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2005, 10:22:03 AM »

My point was it is stupid to believe and or follow someone because they ?believe in what they are saying.?

This ?liberal bias? is pure crap. When the US invaded Iraq, all four networks and most papers supported Bush and the war and didn?t ask any hardball questions.

that's because the left supported the invasion!!!!!!!

POPmetal
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2005, 03:12:18 PM »

Now, I know the intellectually blind will simply dismiss this because it comes from a conservative source.

Wow...so people who don't rely upon conservative sources or doubt their articles are "intellectually blind". I don't know why you guy always have to use that kind of low level remarks to put yourself above the rest. I guess it makes you feel better. When you guys won't use that kind of behavior, I may actually consider your point of views...but are you capable of having a normal debate without putting down "the other side"? Hmmm...don't think so.

What I said was very clear. People who automatically discredit information because it comes from a conservative source are intellectually blind. Not people who don't rely upon conservative sources. And if you have doubts, voice them out and say why you think it's false. Don't attack the source simply because it happens to be conservative.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: