Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life sucks, then you die...fact or fiction; and is there a God?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life sucks, then you die...fact or fiction; and is there a God?  (Read 22973 times)
RichardNixon
« on: December 19, 2005, 07:36:44 PM »

Maybe a little of a, a little of b?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 07:52:37 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »

As long as theres something better waiting for me on the other side dude, thats all I care.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
RichardNixon
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 07:42:40 PM »

Maybe we just die and rot in the ground and are forgotten. Maybe there is no other side. Does anything we do really matter? We are just going to die. Maybe life is but a brief intermittent 70 years, sandwiched between two eternities of nothingness. But would eternal life make life worth living either? If life  is meaningless in the short run, wouldn't eternal life mean an eternality of nothingness?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 07:44:31 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 07:42:45 PM »

"Dead Horse" has been a big help to me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 07:45:18 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 07:48:56 PM »

Maybe we just die and rot in the ground and are forgotten. Maybe there is no other side. Does anything we do really matter? We are just going to die. Maybe life is but a brief intermittent 70 years, sandwiched between two eternities of nothingness. But would eternal life make life worth living either? If life? is meaningless in the short run, wouldn't eternal life mean an eternality of nothingness?
You just summed up what scares the hell outta me.  Being an atheist an all and well the prospect of nothingness freaks me out, i want to believe in anothe rlife, in an actual meaning, a fun afterlife, but i'm more of a realist, i see most religions as just really big cults invented as a form of social control and to also stop people going nuts when they're about to die....
RichardNixon
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 07:52:02 PM »

Nine Inch Nails has been a huge, huge help to me. Songs like "Hearsay" and "Hurt" have helped me deal with the harsh prospect of the emptiness of our existence.
RichardNixon
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 07:52:08 PM »

Axl and Trent.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 08:20:28 PM »

Maybe we just die and rot in the ground and are forgotten. Maybe there is no other side. Does anything we do really matter? We are just going to die. Maybe life is but a brief intermittent 70 years, sandwiched between two eternities of nothingness. But would eternal life make life worth living either? If life  is meaningless in the short run, wouldn't eternal life mean an eternality of nothingness?
You just summed up what scares the hell outta me. Being an atheist an all and well the prospect of nothingness freaks me out, i want to believe in anothe rlife, in an actual meaning, a fun afterlife, but i'm more of a realist, i see most religions as just really big cults invented as a form of social control and to also stop people going nuts when they're about to die....

surely if there's nothing after death then there's nothing to be scared of, as thats all there is. nothing that is.

personally i think there's a god; just not an all loving god. An all knowing, all powerful, all loving God would have done a better job of creating reality than this.
Evolution
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 08:24:26 PM »

There is something when we die IMO. What it is i haven't a clue. It's pretty exciting really. I don't fear death, because in it you discover life's biggest secret. It's meaning.

....Hopefully  hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 09:02:43 PM »

Life only sucks if you want it to.

You will die.

God is a big black woman, and she is probably pretty angry right now.

I think I'll get along great with her.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 10:20:41 PM »

Maybe we just die and rot in the ground and are forgotten. Maybe there is no other side. Does anything we do really matter? We are just going to die. Maybe life is but a brief intermittent 70 years, sandwiched between two eternities of nothingness. But would eternal life make life worth living either? If life? is meaningless in the short run, wouldn't eternal life mean an eternality of nothingness?
You just summed up what scares the hell outta me. Being an atheist an all and well the prospect of nothingness freaks me out, i want to believe in anothe rlife, in an actual meaning, a fun afterlife, but i'm more of a realist, i see most religions as just really big cults invented as a form of social control and to also stop people going nuts when they're about to die....
surely if there's nothing after death then there's nothing to be scared of, as thats all there is. nothing that is.
I like what i have now and i fear nothingness, fine i won't be alive, or conscious or whatever to notice or be bothered then but it pisses me off now, that the life i'm living will one day be gone, that there's no continuation of sorts in any kind of afterlife and all the people i love i will never meet again....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 01:17:03 AM »

These are great questions.

The best I can do is try to make in meangingful now because that is all I know as an absolute truth:NOW.

Live it so you won't regret it. Then see what happens later. If it is nothing, then you won't know anyway.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 01:29:02 AM »

Life only sucks if you want it to.

You will die.

God is a big black woman, and she is probably pretty angry right now.

I think I'll get along great with her.

Definitely agree, U gotta realize that GOD doesnt solve your problems for u BUT gives u the ability to solve them on your own.

When u are down and out, u can lie down and take it, or u can get up and do something about it but ultimately the decision is up to u.

I was down so low I was reachin up for ground but I turned my life around and am now happier than I have ever been in my life, but it was all cause I stopped feelin sorry for myself and started doin something about it.

A wise person named SLC Punk told  me once that the moods u are in and how u feel are YOUR decision and u are ultimately responsible for your life either sucking, or being great.

He was definitely right about that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 02:09:32 AM »

if any of you think like this you are gonna go crazy straight to hell, WHY THE HELL WOULD THIS SHIT BE TRUE!!! its fuckin' crazy!!!!!

Theres documentary's  about life after death, or whatever the hell they reckon happens, honestly, ghost' n' spirits n' shit, what the hell does that shit tell ya, there is SOMETHIN' after death!!!

Just find your hobby, make the best of it and fuckin' well enjoy your life, i for one am not gonna be a prisona of society and live miserable for the rest of my life, no fuckin' way!!!

...and if you think life sux or is boring, well its not, YOUR fucking boring!!

and you sux!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 02:12:43 AM by ClintroN » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
RichardNixon
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 02:41:47 AM »

if any of you think like this you are gonna go crazy straight to hell, WHY THE HELL WOULD THIS SHIT BE TRUE!!! its fuckin' crazy!!!!!

Theres documentary's? about life after death, or whatever the hell they reckon happens, honestly, ghost' n' spirits n' shit, what the hell does that shit tell ya, there is SOMETHIN' after death!!!

Just find your hobby, make the best of it and fuckin' well enjoy your life, i for one am not gonna be a prisona of society and live miserable for the rest of my life, no fuckin' way!!!
?

and you sux!!

Ah, ok...

I think you've been watching one too many Kirk Cameron straight to DVD movies.

Why would God create a person and then damn them to hell forever, if that person had questions?
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 04:15:02 AM »

Theres documentary's  about life after death, or whatever the hell they reckon happens, honestly, ghost' n' spirits n' shit, what the hell does that shit tell ya, there is SOMETHIN' after death!!!

and you sux!!

Ah, ok...

I think you've been watching one too many Kirk Cameron straight to DVD movies.

Why would God create a person and then damn them to hell forever, if that person had questions?

oh my god dude hihi   that crazy straight to hell shit was me sayin' you gonna fuckin' go crazy man, the hell part was my fuckin' amusement  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

i think you missed everythin' i said in between  hihi

Ok dude, you are gonna be nothin' but dust when you die, there is gonna be nothin' but blackness for eternity...have fun you moron!!!
   Roll Eyes

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 04:43:26 AM »

wanna know what i think anyway, WE ARE IN HELL

think about it, we were sentenst to a planet where you can experience pain and tourcher, you may live a happy life or it could be disastrous, think about the worst possible thing that could happen to you!!

when were old and have been through the absolute worst, do you think weve sufferd enough?Huh?

All of us are gonna go to heaven, 'cause weve already done enough time in hell.

IMO!!

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 05:38:52 AM »

I had a shitty day yesterday.

Then I found a pack of smokes, just when I was cursing when my ran out.

A sign?

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 08:02:35 AM »

The idea of an after life in any form scares me - the thought of an eternity of doing anything seems damn close to my idea od hell.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jonathan
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 08:26:27 AM »

Is there a god? I don't know, nobody can tell.. But I believe there is one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: