Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:47:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life sucks, then you die...fact or fiction; and is there a God?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life sucks, then you die...fact or fiction; and is there a God?  (Read 23281 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2005, 09:35:20 PM »

[quote author=AxlsMainMan link=topic=24385.msg432138#msg432138

Im within a hair of being 20 soon. Once your 20 I hear the big mysterious doors of life start opening and I hope thats true because despite the careless alcohol and drug binges of being an older teen, you find yourself wanting more and the perfect girl to appraoch the big 3-0 with and hopefully beyond.

The difference between my wants and desires at that age and now seem like a universe away.

I can't tell you what mysteries will be solved, but I can tell you it only gets better. I can promise you that much.

Ill hold you too that promise SLC Wink

Ah, I don't buy that at all. When people say, "you must accept Christ or go to hell," what about the billions of people in the world who are of another faith. If you are born in the middle-east, and are raised from birth to be a Muslin, and Christianity was the correct religion after all, how is it that persons fault? They were practicing the religion that they were born into. Just like if Islam (or any other religion) is the correct, true religion, all Christians are kinda screwed, aren't they?

Richard, I strongly recommend you read Conversations with God by Neil Walsh. This dude narrates god's scripture through his own hand and any question, and I mean ANY question you've had about faith or religion is in fact answered in a way you wouldnt believe. Ill post some excerpts if your interested.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
RichardNixon
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2005, 09:38:40 PM »

Thanks, I'll look into it.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2005, 09:59:21 PM »

God: "My most common form of communication is through feeling. Feeling is the language of the soul. (p.3)

NDW: How can I know this communication is from God? How do I know this is not my own imagination?

God: What would be the difference? Do you not see that I could just as easily work through your imagination as anything else? (6)

God: You are always in the process of creating. Every moment . . . . Events, occurrences, happenings, conditions, circumstances ? all are created out of consciousness. Individual consciousness is powerful enough. You can imagine what kind of creative energy is unleashed whenever two or more are gathered in My name. And mass consciousness? Why, that is so powerful it can create events and circumstances of worldwide import and planetary consequences. (35)

EVOLUTION
The soul is very clear that its purpose is evolution. That is its sole purpose. . . (82)

The highest feeling is the experience of unity with All That Is. This is the great return to Truth for which the soul years. This is the feeling of perfect love. (83)

ORIGINAL SIN
This alleged state of imperfection in which you are said to come into this world is what your religionists have the gall to call original sin. . . Some of your religions have built up whole theologies around this misconception. . . Yet, in order to justify the idea of a punitive God, your religions needed to create something for me to be angry about.. . . Sop you?d better do something about all of this? or you?ll go straight to hell. This, in the end, may do nothing to mollify a weird, vindictive, angry God, but it does give life to weird, vindictive, angry religions. (119-120. See also 136)

Only humans are judgmental, and because you are, you assume that I must be. Yet I am not?. (183)

HIGHLY EVOLVED MASTERS
. . . a select few - will return with a different mission. You will return to density and matter for the soul purpose of bringing others out of density and matter. [The same message as in Betty Eadie?s Embraced by the Light] (184)

THOUGHTS
Nothing occurs in your life ? nothing ? which is not first a thought. Thoughts are like magnets, drawing effects to you. 188

It is very difficult to reverse the effects of negative thinking once they have taken physical form. (189)

RIGHT AND WRONG
NDW: Then the evolutionists are right!

God: I find it amusing? that you humans have such a need to break everything down into right and wrong. It never occurs to you that you?ve made those labels up to help you define the material ? and your Self. (194)

GOD & MAN
Now I?ll explain to you the ultimate mystery: your exact and true relationship to Me. YOU ARE MY BODY. As your body is to your mind and soul, so too, are you to My mind and soul. Therefore: Everything I experience I experience through you. (197)

I am God, as you know understand Him. I am Goddess as you now comprehend Her. I am the Conceiver and the Creator of Everything you now know and experience, and you are My children. . . even as I am the child of another. (197)

God is the energy you call imagination. God is creation. God is first thought. And God is last experience. And God is everything in between. (198)

REINCARNATION
NDW: Is there such a thing as reincarnation?

God: You have had 647 past lives, since you insist on being exact. This is your 648th. You were everything in them. A king, a queen, a serf?. No, there is not such thing as karmic debt ? not in the sense that you mean? You are not obligated to do anything. (204)

PSYCHIC POWER
Using psychic ability is nothing more than using your sixth sense. Obviously, this is not "trafficking with the devil," or I would not have given this sense to you. And, of course, there is no devil with whom to traffic. (205)

SEX
NDW: Is sex okay?

God: Of course sex is "okay." ? Play with sex. Play with it! It?s wonderful fun. (205)

Sex is sacred, too? But joy and sacredness do mix (they are in fact the same thing)? You have repressed sex, even as you have repressed life, rather than fully Self expressing with abandon and joy. You have shamed sex, even as you have shamed life, calling it evil and wicked, rather than the highest gift and the greatest pleasure. 207

The energy that which underscores sex is the energy which underscores life? 207

Call on Me, therefore, wherever and whenever you are separate from the peace that I am. I will be there. With truth. And Light. And love. (211)

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2005, 10:06:41 PM »

There is definitely a God. Just look around you. Look up in the sky, at all the stars. Look around at all the life this planet has, and the nothingness of the rest of the solar system's planets. If the Earth was just a little closer or a little further from the sun, life would never have existed. Do you really think that happened by chance? confused

Buddy J.B.
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2005, 10:36:18 PM »

my opinion:

I think the reason God doesn't come down to stop trouble is because if he did , we would feel so vulnerable. I believe he wants his earth people to feel strong and be courageous. He did give us brains, but its us that has to make the right choices. I'm not afraid to admit I have a strong belief in God and afterlife.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2005, 11:48:05 PM »

It's a great book.

Edit: and after reading those passages above I now remember how much I liked it. Very thought provoking.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 11:52:53 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2005, 12:40:22 AM »

There is definitely a God. Just look around you. Look up in the sky, at all the stars. Look around at all the life this planet has, and the nothingness of the rest of the solar system's planets. If the Earth was just a little closer or a little further from the sun, life would never have existed. Do you really think that happened by chance? confused

But the universe is far from perfect. A lot of fuctions and things make no sense and serve no purpose.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2005, 01:10:43 AM »

But the universe is far from perfect. A lot of fuctions and things make no sense and serve no purpose.
Who said it has to be perfect? Who said it all has to make sense? Life is a beautiful thing, and people need to realize it wasn't created in a one in a trillion accident.

RichardNixon
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2005, 01:23:12 AM »

So there is something instead of nothing, so what?

There could easily be nothing instead of something, and that would make just as much sense.

Someday we will die, and in the end, be forgotten. Even if you wrote a great masterpiece that lives on for thosands of years after your death, one day the whole universe will expand and colapse and all traces will be forgotten. Life is absurd. People are no different than ants in the sceme of things. Just a whole lot of running around, keeping busy, to no end, and for reason...

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 01:29:22 AM »

There could easily be nothing instead of something, and that would make just as much sense.

Someday we will die, and in the end, be forgotten. Even if you wrote a great masterpiece that lives on for thosands of years after your death, one day the whole universe will expand and colapse and all traces will be forgotten. Life is absurd. People are no different than ants in the sceme of things. Just a whole lot of running around, keeping busy, to no end, and for reason...

Do you really feel like your life is that trivial?

We do make a difference in our own lives and in others. It's not for nothing. Think of the doctors that came up with the vaccine for polio and other diseases. Because of them people are healthy and safe from those infections. Think of other profound circumstances that effect us today.

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2005, 01:32:09 AM »

Life doesnt suck. Just remember to smile more.  Wink
RichardNixon
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2005, 01:35:34 AM »

Do you really feel like your life is that trivial?

We do make a difference in our own lives and in others. It's not for nothing. Think of the doctors that came up with the vaccine for polio and other diseases. Because of them people are healthy and safe from those infections. Think of other profound circumstances that effect us today.

Yes, and the world is grateful, I am grateful. But in the long view, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. We are all like figments in a dream, and when that person wakes up, all traces are lost. A billion years from now, who cares what happened in 2005? No matter what good we do, what's the point? It will all be erased someday. Someday when the universe expands and is no more, what will anything have mattered?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 01:37:34 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2005, 01:42:57 AM »

You are right, it wont really matter what happens tomorrow, or what happened 200 years ago, it all will fade away.

And trying to prove there is god is the hardest thing to do, but you have to feel it and believe in there is gonna be a better tomorrow and that there is gonna be life after this illusion called world.    If you dont feel that way, the only thing you can expect about your life is death, and that is pretty sad.
RichardNixon
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2005, 01:45:23 AM »

Here are new questions:

Is life worth living? Do the high points and joys of life outweight the suffering?
Is life better because there is suffereing? Would a life without suffering have any point/meaning?
Does life have to have meaning?
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2005, 01:47:27 AM »

Yes, and the world is grateful, I am grateful. But in the long view, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. We are all like figments in a dream, and when that person wakes up, all traces are lost. A billion years from now, who cares what happened in 2005? No matter what good we do, what's the point? It will all be erased someday. Someday when the universe expands and is no more, what will anything have mattered?

Nobody knows what the universe will be like in a billion years. So I can't answer that kind of question. But just because you won't be alive a billion years from now, doesn't mean your life was worth nothing. You are an individual, unlike anyone else, and that's important and profound. The life you live now is all you have and you shouldn't trivialize it.
RichardNixon
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2005, 01:51:01 AM »

But if there is no God, no point, than what's so great about being unique? Say I had never been born, what differerence would that make? The world would still spin, there would still be 365 days a year, so who gives a God Damn?
RichardNixon
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2005, 01:54:06 AM »

I'm not always this negative. But I try to play devils advocate...If someone else is very negative, I'll try to blow sunshine up their ass.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2005, 02:06:39 AM »

But if there is no God, no point, than what's so great about being unique? Say I had never been born, what differerence would that make? The world would still spin, there would still be 365 days a year, so who gives a God Damn?
Why dont we all just kill ourselves since the Sun is going to die in 5 billion years. Since nothing matters, lets just end it now before the Sun ends it for us! confused

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2005, 02:10:26 AM »

But you were born. There's a reason and purpose for you. We're all connected in life somehow or another.

If you don't believe in God, then that's your way, but you should at least believe in yourself and the people you share your life with.

RichardNixon
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2005, 02:27:19 AM »

Why dont we all just kill ourselves since the Sun is going to die in 5 billion years. Since nothing matters, lets just end it now before the Sun ends it for us! confused

Because then I wouldn't be able to jack-off and watch Family Guy anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: