Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:34:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life sucks, then you die...fact or fiction; and is there a God?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life sucks, then you die...fact or fiction; and is there a God?  (Read 23182 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2005, 08:56:33 PM »

but I love it and I love the people in my life. And I feel like that's enough to know for right now.

The unfortunate thing is that it seems people by nature always want more, and more. No matter how good they have it, they're always lacking something inside themselves that they cant fill Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2005, 09:14:12 PM »

"I want to live until I die. No more, no less."  Grin

Guess the quote?

Oh, wait. Serious. Sorry.

Err...

Read Life of Pi?
IF we go quoting I'll say:

"Who wants to live forever?, who dares to love forever?, when love must die"
 Cry

No man can be my equal
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2005, 01:41:07 AM »

To quote Jon Bon Jovi

"I dont wanna live forever, just until the day i die."

Just because your heart's still beating that dont mean that your alive

Dont wanna live forever, nobody lives forever just wanna live until I die.

advice to live by.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2005, 12:53:49 PM »

Salvador Dal? has some interesting quotes about death.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2005, 12:56:52 PM »

Salvador Dal? has some interesting quotes about death.
You know any of them?

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2005, 01:51:13 PM »

Dali: 1.- There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction.
2.- The desire to survive and the fear of death are artistic sentiments.
There is also an interesting Salvadors quote, that I couldnt find the acurate words to write it but its something like " Salvador Dal? no le teme a la muerte, pero a la vez si le teme, porque soy un hombre paradojico y contradictorio."

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2005, 03:04:33 PM »

My Two Cents

Life Sucks
...only if you let it...a lot of people give away their power to external things, people, etc...fact of the matter is, some folks are not comfortable with themselves so they tend to say stuff like, if I only had this, or that then I would be happy...you'll never be happy 'cause once you get it, it'll just be something else...

Then u Die
...(as in you loose your suit of skin, yes...as in you have no soul, and just become worm food, no) I think there is another level of existence

and is there a God? yes

....and just FYI: I love the fact that the poster above brought up Dali, one of my favorites...here's another quote that I think someone ought to stitch on a throw pillow and give to Axl this year.... hihi

Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.
Salvador Dali
kathryn2662
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2005, 02:52:22 AM »

http://www.lyricsbox.com/hillsong-united-lyrics-free-641xtt2.html

Life doesnt suck, it's your choice if you want it to or not.  We all have a purpose and destiny that is more greater than we could ever ask for, that is availble to us, it's our choice to take it.  It's the reason why Jesus died for us, to bring us life to a world/emotion of death.  To bring life to every dead area in our life, not just eternal life, so that we can live life and live it not good- not average- but great

There is a God, who is prepared to give you anything available under the sun that you desire, of one cost- to love Him.
RichardNixon
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2005, 07:56:41 PM »

Life doesnt suck, it's your choice if you want it to or not.? We all have a purpose and destiny that is more greater than we could ever ask for, that is availble to us, it's our choice to take it.? It's the reason why Jesus died for us, to bring us life to a world/emotion of death.? To bring life to every dead area in our life, not just eternal life, so that we can live life and live it not good- not average- but great.?

There is a God, who is prepared to give you anything available under the sun that you desire, of one cost- to love Him.

I reject the "life only sucks if you make it suck" argument. What if you were born with a severe handicap, or went to a concentration camp, or couldn't move from the neck down. While people need to find something that will bring them happiness, external factors play a huge roll.

Also, the idea that Christ died for our sins just doesn't do it for me. While I of course respect the views of others, I am not satisfied by the Christian doctrine. I want to know WHY we are here? what for? Just having faith in a historical person and blindly accepting them as my person savior seems irrational and simplistic.

And plenty of people who believe in God ask for a lot of things that don't come true.
kathryn2662
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2005, 01:57:53 AM »

Life doesnt suck, it's your choice if you want it to or not.? We all have a purpose and destiny that is more greater than we could ever ask for, that is availble to us, it's our choice to take it.? It's the reason why Jesus died for us, to bring us life to a world/emotion of death.? To bring life to every dead area in our life, not just eternal life, so that we can live life and live it not good- not average- but great.?

I reject the "life only sucks if you make it suck" argument. What if you were born with a severe handicap, or went to a concentration camp, or couldn't move from the neck down. While people need to find something that will bring them happiness, external factors play a huge roll.

Also, the idea that Christ died for our sins just doesn't do it for me. While I of course respect the views of others, I am not satisfied by the Christian doctrine. I want to know WHY we are here? what for? Just having faith in a historical person and blindly accepting them as my person savior seems irrational and simplistic.

And plenty of people who believe in God ask for a lot of things that don't come true.

At times, life can suck, Im not saying that we dont go through hard times, like you listed for example- going through a concentration camp or being handicap, everyone gets thrown into situations that arent where they should be or where they want to be and unfortunately some last longer and harder than others, but being an optomist isnt pretending that everything is perfect and great when everything around you is a mess, it means that you recognize and see the bad but you realize that you have more working for you than against you.  If you are born into handicap, or bad sitations, I believe in total healing of medical or any situation, I have witnessed it and I have experienced it, but it's your choice to connect with the belief that it's possible.  That even when bad things are around, that you know that you have a better tomorrow, and that you were meant to be an overcommer not a victim.

As far as having faith in a historical figure, it's totally the opposite.  It's about connecting with a living breathing Savior who is and will be alive in your present life.  We are here because it was by the gift of God we have life, our purpose is to live in greatness and to live lives that we dream of and that we desire, to God's perfect will, all which will be when we live for Him.  Everything in life is a choice, it's fair that way, so that you have total free will and free choice to do what you want, but I think the results of our life are made evident in our choices.  You sow into Him, and you reap His blessings, you sow into the world and reap whatever that has to offer- not because God delt you bad or wanted that to happen, but it's because you turned yourself to the world and gave your control there.  My life sucked, I had nothing, but the moment I gave it to Jesus and connected with Him in this plan for my life, I now have purpose, I now have a destiny, which I now know was there all along- it is just now made shown to me because I chose to connect with it.  We are all predestined with a purpose, even in your mothers womb He fashioned everything about you to prepare you for what He has for you whether you believe that or not, but it's up to you to get it, it's there- you just have to activate it.  Yeah I am still going through hard times, and trials, but Im in total peace and confidence in my tomorrow and that God has more prepared for me than my mind can concieve.

Plenty of people ask for things from God, and dont have faith it will happen, or give up in the belief it will happen before the race is over.  You have to believe with faith even when you dont see the results, that's when true test of faith and belief come in.  You have to believe that His promises are Yes and Amen, and not be quick to changing your mind because the figure doesnt lay in your hands, you have to know that when you ask and believe, you recieve, if you question it and say "oh I havent seen it happen yet, He must not want me to have it" then it shows ignorance in knowing the word and shows lack of faith, because when you ask in His name, it will happen, and you just have to fully believe it is already layed in your future.  I have been believing something for 3 years now, and havent see it, but I have the vision and the beliefe and i will see it even if I have to wait 50 years, in Gods perfect timing it will happen, I cant quit before tomorrow because who knows when it will be brought.  There are tons of things I begged God for, and it didnt happen, but now as the years rolled by, I thank God He didnt give me those things because it is something that I now see wasnt right or meant for my life and it would have actually set me away from the things He has planned better for me.  You just gotta have trust.

I didnt mean to write all that, cause I know someone will respond with an opposing view, but I didnt mean for that.  But I understand your view, half of what you said- I used to think the same exact things.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2005, 01:12:52 PM »

Life doesnt suck, it's your choice if you want it to or not.  We all have a purpose and destiny that is more greater than we could ever ask for, that is availble to us, it's our choice to take it.  It's the reason why Jesus died for us, to bring us life to a world/emotion of death.  To bring life to every dead area in our life, not just eternal life, so that we can live life and live it not good- not average- but great

As a said before asking why is nothing that will satisfaied you needs or even worst make you happy at all, what if the answer of the why? is as simple as gravity?, that I asure you will never make you happy.

On the other hand weather you are christian, evangelic, satanic whatever your choice to believe in, the primary thing to be happy in life is to make others happy, wheter the other person is handycap, cant move from the neck etc.

No man can be my equal
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2005, 10:43:52 PM »

Don't ever become a step parent, because your step-daughter will turn into a Queen Bitch when she turns 13 and hate you for trying to help her and make her  life better, as you pay out $12,000 a year for private school and cater  to her  every fucking whim. Yes, life is a bitch, and I would love to die so I never  have  to deal with her or see the ass-bitch ever again in my life. Oh, and she expects me to pay for her college and  buy her a  car at 16. She does not even look at me or say hello. Today, Christmas, it was  too much to bring herself to say Merry Christmas or say thank  you for the presents. Fucking bitch.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »

Buck up Never say die man...  Youll get over it  ok
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2005, 11:25:21 AM »

Don't ever become a step parent, because your step-daughter will turn into a Queen Bitch when she turns 13 and hate you for trying to help her and make her  life better, as you pay out $12,000 a year for private school and cater  to her  every fucking whim. Yes, life is a bitch, and I would love to die so I never  have  to deal with her or see the ass-bitch ever again in my life. Oh, and she expects me to pay for her college and  buy her a  car at 16. She does not even look at me or say hello. Today, Christmas, it was  too much to bring herself to say Merry Christmas or say thank  you for the presents. Fucking bitch.
She will understand one day, just be patience

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2005, 01:27:35 PM »

Yes, usually when people grow up, understand the crap they did in the past, to friends or members of their family and sometimes apologize or feel embarrased.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2005, 07:02:59 PM »

Don't ever become a step parent, because your step-daughter will turn into a Queen Bitch when she turns 13 and hate you for trying to help her and make her? life better, as you pay out $12,000 a year for private school and cater? to her? every fucking whim. Yes, life is a bitch, and I would love to die so I never? have? to deal with her or see the ass-bitch ever again in my life. Oh, and she expects me to pay for her college and? buy her a? car at 16. She does not even look at me or say hello. Today, Christmas, it was? too much to bring herself to say Merry Christmas or say thank? you for the presents. Fucking bitch.

She's not an adult, so therefore she doesn't think or behave like one. 13 is a hard age for girls. Whatever you do, don't call her a bitch to her face. That would be abusive.
kathryn2662
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2005, 07:36:20 PM »

Don't ever become a step parent, because your step-daughter will turn into a Queen Bitch when she turns 13 and hate you for trying to help her and make her? life better, as you pay out $12,000 a year for private school and cater? to her? every fucking whim. Yes, life is a bitch, and I would love to die so I never? have? to deal with her or see the ass-bitch ever again in my life. Oh, and she expects me to pay for her college and? buy her a? car at 16. She does not even look at me or say hello. Today, Christmas, it was? too much to bring herself to say Merry Christmas or say thank? you for the presents. Fucking bitch.

Ok, she's 13.  I dont think Ive ever met a 13 year old who isnt a bitch, or doesnt have bitchy moments, that's just how it is, you are learning at that age and being more social awareness and trying to develope into a person, they dont think with the same brain functioning as an adult, 13 years of life is nothing compared to say 30 or 40 or 50 when only  two of those 13 years are they socially becoming aware, there is still much they are still develping action and reaction.  I know when I was a teen, I would do mean things, and then afterward- and even sometimes during, I would be thinking "why am I doing this" and would want to stop what I would be saying or doing- but didnt have enough guts to appologize or make it look like I knew what i was doing was wrong, I wouldnt hurt my pride or ego by stopping or appologizing, and as a kid what do you do- but only repeat and dont learn yet.  When you talk bad about someone, with your words you are framing that world, sentencing them to never change.  Bad talking makes it impossible for someone to change, whether they hear it or not. Honestly, know the power of your words, mental words.  Wrong mindset will actually punish us and bring in certain lifestyles that we didnt want, we need to except the role of our thoughts and actions, because it's not just what is happening to you- it's how you handle the situation.   There is life and death in words, so be extremely aware which one you are giving to a child.
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2005, 09:06:52 PM »

Don't ever become a step parent, because your step-daughter will turn into a Queen Bitch when she turns 13 and hate you for trying to help her and make her life better, as you pay out $12,000 a year for private school and cater to her every fucking whim. Yes, life is a bitch, and I would love to die so I never have to deal with her or see the ass-bitch ever again in my life. Oh, and she expects me to pay for her college and buy her a car at 16. She does not even look at me or say hello. Today, Christmas, it was too much to bring herself to say Merry Christmas or say thank you for the presents. Fucking bitch.

If she knows you feel this way about her, why in hell would she wish you a merry Christmas? 

Be patient.   yes

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Rasputin
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2005, 07:18:17 PM »

hey Rocket Queen, all this spiritual an Christian talk from someone with a naked pic of Axl as their avater??   hihi

hey Krispy Kreme,
dont worry too much bout it....  13 is when most chickys start their period witch WILL make her a toatal bitch, when she gets more used to that she might change.....
not only that but some teens are real mature and some are still like kids, dont take it personally  Tongue
but..you might wanna tell her whatcha think (in a slightly calmer way)  caus when ya needa vent summ like that, if ya dont it could come out in a more destructive way
and if she knew and liked her other dad y'know she doesnt like the idea of him bein replaced.. (an all that shit)

and back to topic..

I believe in God..  i believe in heaven, but also i strongly beleive live for the day.. try to make it good, you have one life, live it, dont waste it away worring about petty things
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2005, 10:12:59 PM »

I hear your anger I really do.

But don't think that your biological daughter wouldn't treat you the same way.

Being a parent is hard. Being a step parent is even harder. If I had the choice to do it again, I do not know if I would chose it. That is about as honest as I can get.

But remember, no matter how much it sucks, being a parent is a thankless job. Be it bioloigical or step parent. I always tell my kids "You'll thank me when you're 30." haha. Maybe they will and maybe the won't.

Again, I think it is harder when a step child treats you like crap. You think about how much you changed your life for them, money, time, emotionally draining time you have given them for years. They will never think of your feelings because they are not able to at that age.But also, like I said, your own kid could treat you like shit. And to me, that could even be worse then a step child doing the same thing. It might hurt you more.

I am quick to take something away if the kids cry about whatever. I bust my ass to give them a good life. But there is no complaining allowed in my house. If the child is not grateful (that is: complains) the child will be stripped down to needs only for a few days. That usually snaps them back real quick. Tivo, radio, steak dinners, skiing, whatever...is a luxury. Complain about your life and it goes bye bye.

The hardest thing is if the other parent doesn't agree with your method of parenting. Also your step daughter could resent you because you ARE ABLE to give her more then her father. If she realizes it or not she could be angry at you because you are 1) Not her Dad and 2) Able to provide more to her then her biological dad.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 10:17:32 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: