Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life sucks, then you die...fact or fiction; and is there a God?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life sucks, then you die...fact or fiction; and is there a God?  (Read 22958 times)
kathryn2662
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2005, 10:26:22 PM »

hey Rocket Queen, all this spiritual an Christian talk from someone with a naked pic of Axl as their avater??? ?hihi

Haha well actually, you have no idea why that's on there.  And, I think it's an extremely beautiful picture, I as a christian can say that.  People have this misconception of where they draw the lines of what is good and evil, getting caught up in techincal religious rules of can not and dont do's, and banner evil across things that really arent a big deal.  And Im not gonna get into a huge reason on why things like that shouldnt distort the depth of one's christianity.
kathryn2662
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2005, 10:33:13 PM »

Smiley
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2005, 10:20:02 AM »

Haha well actually, you have no idea why that's on there.  And, I think it's an extremely beautiful picture, I as a christian can say that.  People have this misconception of where they draw the lines of what is good and evil, getting caught up in techincal religious rules of can not and dont do's, and banner evil across things that really arent a big deal.  And Im not gonna get into a huge reason on why things like that shouldnt distort the depth of one's christianity.

I agree with you, for some odd reason people think that christians can't party, can't drink, can't do anything, man that would be boring.
And if you do that kinda things people say you are a liar to your beliefs, woa thats hilarious.

No man can be my equal
kathryn2662
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2005, 05:03:47 PM »

Haha well actually, you have no idea why that's on there.? And, I think it's an extremely beautiful picture, I as a christian can say that.? People have this misconception of where they draw the lines of what is good and evil, getting caught up in techincal religious rules of can not and dont do's, and banner evil across things that really arent a big deal.? And Im not gonna get into a huge reason on why things like that shouldnt distort the depth of one's christianity.

I agree with you, for some odd reason people think that christians can't party, can't drink, can't do anything, man that would be boring.
And if you do that kinda things people say you are a liar to your beliefs, woa thats hilarious.

In a sense that's completely true.  Because as a christian, as all people, we have free will.  I can still be a christian and sin, God knows that, and He meets you where you are at.  But the reason why most Christians dont go out and party and sin and what not, is because those are things of the world not God, and when you do things of the world the you reap what that brings, and God cant bless the areas what is of the world, and that is usualy when people blame God for bad things, but it's because He cant bless what isnt His own, but at the same time He can turn good out of bad.  People look at christians as weak boring people, but I still have tons of fun and I can ask just as crazy as a drunk person- but sober, I go to the limits that I want to, I go as far as I want to, to keep me in the personal position I know I need to be in so I can get taken to my destiny.  By His mercy I can sin and be forgiven, even when I make the choice to.  People look at christians as people who have to live perfect and are hypocrits if they dont, but actually it's not being hypocritical because the Word says that God isnt looking for perfect people- just those who are hungry for Him.  I still sin, Im only human, but there's a difference between living in sin and struggling with sin.  I choose to try to keep it out of my life because I want to experience God's perfect will by living for things of Him, even though I still sin- I dont settle with it and I dont except it- I push for more and better things, and by living in sin it keeps my mind on the world and life is so much better when I keep my mind on Him and do it His way- there is substance behind it.  The Bible isnt a book on "you cant do this and you cant do that" in order to be a Christian, the reason why God says not to do certain things is because those certain things belong to the world not Him, and He knows that what is not of His He cant bless, and all He wants to do is bless us.
RichardNixon
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2005, 08:30:55 PM »

Every Day Is Exactly The Same-NIN

I believe I can see the future
As I repeat the same routine
I think I used to have a purpose
But then again
That might have been a dream
I think I used to have a voice
Now i never make a sound
I just do what I've been told
I really don't want them to come around again

Oh, no

[Chorus]
Everyday is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain

I can feel thier eyes are watching
In case I loose myself again
Sometimes I think I'm happy here
Sometimes, yet I still pretend
I can't remember how this got started
But I can tell you exactly how it will end

[Chorus]

I'm writing on a little piece of paper
I'm hoping someday you might find
I'll hide it behind something
They won't look behind
I am still inside here
A little bit comes bleeding through
I wish this could have been any other way
But I just don't know- I don't know what else I can do!

[Chorus]
There is no love here and there is no pain

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2005, 10:10:15 PM »

Richard,
   I find it offensive and hypocritical that you start a thread inquiring about the nature/existance of God and then when someone else starts a thread with their version of God and whether Axl follows it, you become upset and get the topic closed.  Am I the only one who's seeing a double standard here?
RichardNixon
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2005, 11:43:29 PM »

No. The other thread was asking if Axl was "saved," with the implication that there are those that are saved, and those that are not saved, meaning that if you do not accept Jesus, yada yada yada, you go to hell. This topic here is asking whether or not there is a God. The premise in each thread is different. Also, I should add I am just a standard member and can't get topics closed. I didn't ask for the other topic to be closed, nor do I think it should have been closed. I found the premise to be offensive, but I thought it should be open for debate. I would have liked to have been proven wrong, or proved someone else to be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 11:47:28 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Rasputin
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2005, 12:42:24 AM »

Haha well actually, you have no idea why that's on there.? And, I think it's an extremely beautiful picture, I as a christian can say that.? People have this misconception of where they draw the lines of what is good and evil, getting caught up in techincal religious rules of can not and dont do's, and banner evil across things that really arent a big deal.? And Im not gonna get into a huge reason on why things like that shouldnt distort the depth of one's christianity.

hey, i was jokin, i said before you should have a good time in life, i believe the weather your a Christian or not..? an i do believe in God/Jesus? ?Wink

im not gunna say anyone is a hypocrite for havin a good time/party whatever
it just seemed a lil odd, all that Christian talk, and to look over an see a naked pic..? Smiley
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 12:47:50 AM by Rasputin » Logged
kathryn2662
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2005, 01:26:10 AM »

hey, i was jokin, i said before you should have a good time in life, i believe the weather your a Christian or not..? an i do believe in God/Jesus? ?Wink

im not gunna say anyone is a hypocrite for havin a good time/party whatever
it just seemed a lil odd, all that Christian talk, and to look over an see a naked pic..? Smiley

I know that's why after I wrote all that, I put in a post under it with a smiley face, so you didnt think that I was mad or offended or tryin to be mean.   Smiley  But I can understand why you said that, but I can assure you that I have a reason why it's on there, and I dont expect people to understand things with out reason so it's all good  Smiley
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2005, 01:52:14 AM »

Hmm.... well I personally love the naked Axl pic? ?love? Wonder if I could have it in a poster...? ?Wink

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: