Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  More leaks are under way!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More leaks are under way!  (Read 52330 times)
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2006, 01:08:19 AM »

isnt it strange how theres no mods or jarmo about tonight of all nights ?nervous
Its not strange at all. This is the time of day when very little mod activity happens. I dont know what time it is in europe, but they are either sleeping, or its morning and they've went to work. The meaningless threads and constant insults from some of these dipshits always happens during these hours, because they know that no one is "minding the store".
yeah but with all this activity lately,theres been at least one mod on at all times.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2006, 01:08:26 AM »

Shitting on their music hero? Give me a break. Granted, I realize he may not be cool with it, but these same people dying to hear these same tracks are the same people who stuck by him through thick and thin. They stuck by him when he was shitting on them. They are also the same people who will go out and buy at least one copy of CD the day it is released, they will buy tix if GNR comes near them, they will buy their merchandise, etc.

These are just loyal fans who are starved to hear music.

BULLSHIT, are you that naive ? ?Do you really think all these people who are burning every track are going to buy the cd ? ?No fucking way, why do you think record sales go down every year.

So you're twisted logic is that axl shit on his fans by not releasing the material on their timetable ? ?So to repay him you're going to shit on him for not being prompt enough for your greedy ass.

FUCK YOU - ?AND FUCK THE REST OF THE PIGS WHO HAVE NO INTEGRITY.

You know what they say about those who assume. They make an ass of theirselves.

No, I never said that people should repay him because he shit on the fans but apparently comprehension isn't one of your strong points. My point was that these people on these forums are diehard Axl/GNR fans and they aren't out there to hurt him. The people here want to hear music because they are dying to hear what Axl made not because they are too cheap to buy Chinese Democracy.

How many people do you really think are going to download a bunch of demos and burn them instead of buying Chinese Democracy? Surely very few if any of the diehards on this forum would pass on owning the final product and many of these people will be buying multiple albums because they want CD to chart well.

Oh and record sales don't go down every year because of DEMOS. They go down for two reasons. #1 is because the music industry pushes shit on us. #2 is because the FINAL product leaks.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2006, 01:08:32 AM »

Shitting on their music hero? Give me a break. Granted, I realize he may not be cool with it, but these same people dying to hear these same tracks are the same people who stuck by him through thick and thin. They stuck by him when he was shitting on them. They are also the same people who will go out and buy at least one copy of CD the day it is released, they will buy tix if GNR comes near them, they will buy their merchandise, etc.

BULLSHIT, are you that naive ?  Do you really think all these people who are burning every track are going to buy the cd ?  No fucking way, why do you think record sales go down every year.

So you're twisted logic is that axl shit on his fans by not releasing the material on their timetable ?  So to repay him you're going to shit on him for not being prompt enough for your greedy ass.

FUCK YOU -  AND FUCK THE REST OF THE PIGS WHO HAVE NO INTEGRITY.

Why are record sales down year by year?  Because by and large music gets shittier every year.  The music industry has killed itself by taking no risks and stifling artist creativity.

And it doesn't matter if people are downloading these songs.  Chinese Democracy will be leaked before the official release date, it would be no matter what measures they took.  It happens with literally every single album.  The people who download the album now and don't buy it are the same people who would download the album after it comes out in stores and not buy it. 
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2006, 01:11:11 AM »

Can you show me a study that shows that?

He can't show anything because it's pirate logic. ?If his logic were true then every band would post their albums for promotion. ?Just a way to ease the guilt.
gasgage
Opening Act

« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2006, 01:13:19 AM »

The amount of people who are actually downloading these leaks is small compared to the amount who will buy the album. ?I have friends who love GNR and aren't even downloading anything. ?They wouldn't even know that songs were leaked if I didn't tell them. ?People are worried about way too much. ?That is why Axl isn't doing anything about it. ?So what if a few thousand people download some leaks. ?There will probablly be over a million that will buy the album.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2006, 01:15:07 AM »

I can show you several. Here's one. Google for others.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4718249.stm

"Digital music research firm The Leading Question found that they spent four and a half times more on paid-for music downloads than average fans."

" The study found that regular downloaders of unlicensed music spent an average of ?5.52 a month on legal digital music.

This compares to just ?1.27 spent by other music fans."

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2006, 01:16:30 AM »

I would think a hypocrite would be someone who at one time is downloading the leaks, writing critiques about songs, than saying how big an asshole one is for wanting a leak....sure as hell sounds like one to me

Look, I know you dont give a fuck but I for one dont want to see the entire album leaked out. So im going to do whatever the fuck i can do to stop it from happening.

but you'll download 2-3, critique them, insult Slash and Duff, but after that....... Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

and If they do leak, i'm sure you'll download them, critique them,and call everyone else who downloaded them an asshole as your saying how great they are
rainX
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2006, 01:17:53 AM »

"Digital music research firm The Leading Question found that they spent four and a half times more on paid-for music downloads than average fans."

" The study found that regular downloaders of unlicensed music spent an average of ?5.52 a month on legal digital music.

That's interesting, I stand corrected, however it does not state they are buying more CD's and complete albums

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2006, 01:19:13 AM »

Were not talking about legal downloads here. Were talking illegal stuff. People who illegally download songs arent as likely to go buy the albums.

I would think a hypocrite would be someone who at one time is downloading the leaks, writing critiques about songs, than saying how big an asshole one is for wanting a leak....sure as hell sounds like one to me

Look, I know you dont give a fuck but I for one dont want to see the entire album leaked out. So im going to do whatever the fuck i can do to stop it from happening.

but you'll download 2-3, critique them, insult Slash and Duff, but after that....... Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

and If they do leak, i'm sure you'll download them, critique them,and call everyone else who downloaded them an asshole as your saying how great they are

As for you fuck you. Unlike you i dont think im owed anything by Axl. Im not going to help people like you spread around this music that shouldnt be out there.  Roll Eyes
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2006, 01:19:24 AM »

BULLSHIT, are you that naive ? ?Do you really think all these people who are burning every track are going to buy the cd ? ?No fucking way, why do you think record sales go down every year.

So you're twisted logic is that axl shit on his fans by not releasing the material on their timetable ? ?So to repay him you're going to shit on him for not being prompt enough for your greedy ass.

FUCK YOU - ?AND FUCK THE REST OF THE PIGS WHO HAVE NO INTEGRITY.

You know what they say about those who assume. They make an ass of theirselves.

No, I never said that people should repay him because he shit on the fans but apparently comprehension isn't one of your strong points. My point was that these people on these forums are diehard Axl/GNR fans and they aren't out there to hurt him. The people here want to hear music because they are dying to hear what Axl made not because they are too cheap to buy Chinese Democracy.

How many people do you really think are going to download a bunch of demos and burn them instead of buying Chinese Democracy? Surely very few if any of the diehards on this forum would pass on owning the final product and many of these people will be buying multiple albums because they want CD to chart well.

Oh and record sales don't go down every year because of DEMOS. They go down for two reasons. #1 is because the music industry pushes shit on us. #2 is because the FINAL product leaks.

you forgot #3....the final product sucks and ha shitty word of mouth....the number 1 reason for poor album sales
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2006, 01:19:50 AM »

He can't show anything because it's pirate logic.  If his logic were true then every band would post their albums for promotion.  Just a way to ease the guilt.

You don't have the first idea what a pirate is.

I have no guilt, I can gauruntee I've spent more on media and entertainment than you have in the last 60 days. When you have a clue as to what you're talking about, get back to me.

There's plenty of studies in addition to the one I've just researched.

Want a lesson in Record Industry losses?

You're getting one:

The record industry term for SALES actually refers to units shipped to retail. NOT retail units sold. During the years after Napster, the record companies shipped fewer units to stores. They actually SOLD MORE, because at any given time, there's always copies on shelves.

Because they shipped fewer units, they claimed they lost sales due to piracy, but soundscan and other sources proved THEY MOVED MORE UNITS.

This was admitted by the industry, in a spin-doctored press release that still made them sound like bleeding hearts.

Really, do some research outside of the Associated Press etc. Those news agencies pick up industry press releases, paraphrase them, and distribute.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 01:25:33 AM by kyrie » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2006, 01:21:25 AM »

A study of file-sharing's effects on music sales says online music trading appears to have had little part in the recent slide in CD sales.

For the study, released Monday, researchers at Harvard University and the University of North Carolina tracked music downloads over 17 weeks in 2002, matching data on file transfers with actual market performance of the songs and albums being downloaded. Even high levels of file-swapping seemed to translate into an effect on album sales that was "statistically indistinguishable from zero," they wrote.

Read the rest of the article here: http://news.com.com/2100-1027-5181562.html?tag=cd_top
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2006, 01:22:24 AM »

That's interesting, I stand corrected, however it does not state they are buying more CD's and complete albums

I can show you several other studies. But googling on your own would be a start. Harvard Business School and University of North Carolina did a study that showed this also.

The industry's response to Harvard:

"all other major surveys show that file-sharing has an enormous impact on sales"

Please note - at the time (2004) the "all other studies" referred to were comissioned by the music industry.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2006, 01:23:03 AM »

A study of file-sharing's effects on music sales says online music trading appears to have had little part in the recent slide in CD sales.

For the study, released Monday, researchers at Harvard University and the University of North Carolina tracked music downloads over 17 weeks in 2002, matching data on file transfers with actual market performance of the songs and albums being downloaded. Even high levels of file-swapping seemed to translate into an effect on album sales that was "statistically indistinguishable from zero," they wrote.

Read the rest of the article here: http://news.com.com/2100-1027-5181562.html?tag=cd_top

Dang you just beat me to it, I couldn't find the link.
kyrie
Legend

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2006, 01:24:46 AM »

Were not talking about legal downloads here. Were talking illegal stuff. People who illegally download songs arent as likely to go buy the albums.

UNlicensed music. That is "illegal stuff." IN AMERICA.

In other words, the people downloading unlicensed music also buy licensed music - and MORE of it.

It's legal to download unlicensed music where I live.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 01:27:21 AM by kyrie » Logged
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2006, 01:28:38 AM »

People need to become a little more realistic and just embrace the fact that leaks happen inevitably for every single album, so just calm down.  Telling people that leaking and listening to leaks is morally wrong isn't going to do anything or stop them from doing it anyway.  And if anything these leaks have me more excited about the album than ever.  99% of the people on these forums are real GnR fans who will be buying the album no matter what  ok
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2006, 01:30:04 AM »

Mccoygnr, you're the one who started a thread after me naming songs that would be leaked based on a liar's claims.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, my sources are accurate. They knew when Catcher clip would leak, where it would leak. They know which songs are circulating right now, and who has them.

Jarmo is one of the people who has them. You don't have to believe me; I don't care. You'll find out soon enough.

i believe him, no reason not to
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2006, 01:30:19 AM »

Don't leak other songs. I know this plea will be ignored.. but let it be. Im satisfied with three songs. Let Axl do his thing, as its HIS album. It isn't your choice to decide if its "fair" or not... it's not yours. I dont care how long you've waited.

gnrevolution.com
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2006, 01:30:33 AM »

how about no one talks in this thread until songs actually do leak, so i don't feel the need to check it every five minutes. Angry
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2006, 01:32:15 AM »

Don't leak other songs. I know this plea will be ignored.. but let it be. Im satisfied with three songs. Let Axl do his thing, as its HIS album. It isn't your choice to decide if its "fair" or not... it's not yours. I dont care how long you've waited.

Finally somone else speaks with some sense. This isnt our stuff to leak, so people just let it be untill Axl decides to put this stuff out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: