Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:03:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Boston Herald
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boston Herald  (Read 31514 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2006, 03:02:33 PM »

Ok, I just ripped the Boston Herald a new asshole. I feel a lot better now. ? peace
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2006, 03:05:35 PM »

Ok, I just ripped the Boston Herald a new asshole. I feel a lot better now. ? peace

Guess what they probably don't care what, a fan thinks. The editor probably is like whatever.

No ones going to get fired and no one probably cares about some fans opinion on an article written by one of the papers editors who voiced his opinion on the issue.

Fuck All Y'all
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2006, 03:07:51 PM »

no but a article could appear saying negative review causes fan outrage therefore creating publicity.
which has i say is probably the agenda here.
im sorry if you dont get that.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2006, 03:14:23 PM »

Guess what they probably don't care what, a fan thinks. The editor probably is like whatever.

No ones going to get fired and no one probably cares about some fans opinion on an article written by one of the papers editors who voiced his opinion on the issue.

Well actually, in this case, the fans opinion matters more.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #164 on: February 26, 2006, 03:15:16 PM »

you are all so quick to attack the band you are supposed to love instead of the paper that is biased against them.
That is the most moronic thing you have ever said.

How many times does this guy have to insult our intelligence before what he says is deemed worthless?

Why do you have to call people names to make a point?

I know what your opinion is, there is no need to print it multiple times
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2006, 03:16:15 PM »

Yeah stay at home act like a lion and feel comfy. ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2006, 03:26:01 PM »

jamesloften what is your problem?Huh
all mysteron was asking us to do was to defend our band are u a fan or not???
the problem with the arcticle was that he didnt say they were demo's.
i for one have appreciated the info that mysteron has gave us over the years.mybe he should pass on no info is that what u want???
we will find out whats happening soon enough hell we've waited this long,it amazes me we get free demos of a few songs and now all of a sudden people are pissed because they want more.....GROW UP.

I think james is pissed the way how mysteron asked us..........mysteron's wording was wrongly chosen and mysteron confirmed that 7 pages later.....no wonder james is a bit pissed......I didnt quite get it myself either......now I do./

No, he calls me names most times I post? hihi He's alright though really

I did word it wrongly though. I sometimes band Sanctuary and GN'R together in my head and I express it that way when I write from time to time. It is because they represent GN'R.

People saying they are being forced to lambast the Herald though are way off key. The Herald's opinion in the article is totally different to your opinion here. You express an opinion here, so why not there. It's good for journalists to hear people opinions. They like feedback.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 03:29:57 PM by Mysteron » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2006, 03:30:38 PM »

i for one have appreciated the info that mysteron has gave us over the years.mybe he should pass on no info is that what u want???
we will find out whats happening soon enough hell we've waited this long,it amazes me we get free demos of a few songs and now all of a sudden people are pissed because they want more.....GROW UP.

I think james is pissed the way how mysteron asked us..........mysteron's wording was wrongly chosen and mysteron confirmed that 7 pages later.....no wonder james is a bit pissed......I didnt quite get it myself either......now I do./

No, he calls me names most times I post  hihi He's alright though really

I did word it wrongly though. I sometimes band Sanc and GN'R together in my head and I express it that way when I write from time to time. It is because they represent GN'R.

People saying they are being forced to lambast the Herald though are way off key. The Herald's opinion in the article is totally different to your opinion here. You express an opinion here, so why not there. It's good for journalists to hear people opinions. They like feedback.

Well said.  If you don't like what the Herald did by reviewing demos, and you wrote that here, why not write to them and say that?

If those journalists can dish it, they sure as hell better be able to take it.

Ali
Chinese Democracy
Headliner

"What, did somebody step on a duck!?"-R.D. 1980

« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2006, 03:31:16 PM »

I wrote them a letter and it actually felt pretty good. Mysteron, is there any chance that we
may "soon" get some sort of announcement regarding the new album, or at least the
awful Greatest Hits 2?
 ?beer

Like the tide out on the ocean,
? The waves already set in motion...
axlstod
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2006, 03:32:05 PM »

hey there mysteron any idea if there will be some kind of press release next week???
not to fussed myself just getting tired of the bitching.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »

No, he calls me names most times I post? hihi He's alright though really

I did word it wrongly though. I sometimes band Sanc and GN'R together in my head and I express it that way when I write from time to time. It is because they represent GN'R.

Well said.? If you don't like what the Herald did by reviewing demos, and you wrote that here, why not write to them and say that?

If those journalists can dish it, they sure as hell better be able to take it.

Ali

I think it's fun  hihi An opinion posted here is sometimes twice as valuable somewhere else

Once upon a time we were fans you didn't mess with  smoking
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2006, 03:39:15 PM »

hey there mysteron any idea if there will be some kind of press release next week???
not to fussed myself just getting tired of the bitching.

I hope so

They will not tell me.  hihi
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2006, 03:43:12 PM »

His messages are vague.

You can be a fan of something and criticize it when stuff isnt right.

Your whole are you a fan or not thing is bullshit. A fan of a band can say wow such and such is shit. It's like what was happening in the states when the Dixie Chicks called Bush a moron, and some Americans booed the shit out them and Toby Keith was like love it or leave it. Thats bullshit, you do not need to kiss anyones ass when they do bullshit.

Mysterons posts are very vague, look if you know something say it and if not don't post your vague bullshit like oh yeah that might happen LOLZ.

There is no problem with the article at all. It was a human beings opinion. And good for him he wrote how he felt. It was a writers. Now that doesn't mean the whole Boston Herald is out to get Guns N' Roses just a writer thinks its shit. So good for him that he voiced what he felt.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Do you actually have an opinion? Here is what they said.

"The Herald heard three of the songs yesterday, and we can tell you they?re not Axl?s best. The new tunes lack the muscle and drive of classic GN?R, the melodies are forgettable and the new industrial/electronica accents sound forced, as if Rose is desperately trying to keep up with the kids. "

What do you think?

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2006, 03:48:14 PM »

Not to get off-topic, but I think we should lay off Mysteron. He gives us info that we otherwise would not get. And for that , to him, I say thank you.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #174 on: February 26, 2006, 03:53:37 PM »

ok, Im gonna play along, since I'm done arguing and things are worked out. This is what I send

"The Herald heard three of the songs yesterday, and we can tell you they?re not Axl?s best. The new tunes lack the muscle and drive of classic GN?R, the melodies are forgettable and the new industrial/electronica accents sound forced, as if Rose is desperately trying to keep up with the kids. "

I don't exactly agree with your anology of the above 'Mr. writer'

1. First of these songs you've heard are demo's, some of it was cut
2. They aren't properly mixed
3. Sound quality is therefor subpar to actually experience them, they way it's meaned to by the creator(s)
4. The meaning of a demo is work in progress, you might want to mention that in order to give people the correct information to make up their minds themselves in whether or not to believe / agree or disagree with you.
5. Axl is not trying to keep up with anyone, he isn't here to please us, he is not interested in money fame etc. He is only interested in making the best music possible so that it can have a possitive effect in (don't hold your breath: 2006)
6. All of the above

Other then that I respect your opinion, but it seems like you lack some information to actually properly write something with good, well researched content.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2006, 03:58:52 PM »

Mysteron,

You're starting to make a lot more sense on page 9. I will not rip the Herald a "new a$$hole", but I will send an email that as a long-time fan of Guns N' Roses, and Axl Rose, I respectfully disagree with their editor's opinion- and that's it. Sometimes editor's "opinions" are based on their perception that there are few fans (and newspaper/magazine purchasers) of a particular artist and that they therefore have free license to write sloppy and demeaning articles about them. A show of numbers might do some good to "stop the trend" if that's actually what's occurring here.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 04:01:24 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2006, 04:04:10 PM »

Mystereon,

You're starting to make a lot more sense on page 9. I will not rip the Herald a "new a$$hole", but I will send an email that as a long-time fan of Guns N' Roses, and Axl Rose, I respectfully disagree with their editor's opinion- and that's it. Sometimes editor's "opinions" are based on their perception that there are few fans (and newspaper/magazine purchasers) of a particular artist and that they therefore have free license to write sloppy and demeaning articles about them. A show of numbers might do some good to "stop the trend" if that's actually what's occurring here.

I had an off day yesterday. I was tired and I got a little upset by the comments being thrown into the thread, and I didn't have the energy to adjust what I had said to make it more clear.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2006, 04:11:29 PM »

His messages are vague.

You can be a fan of something and criticize it when stuff isnt right.

Your whole are you a fan or not thing is bullshit. A fan of a band can say wow such and such is shit. It's like what was happening in the states when the Dixie Chicks called Bush a moron, and some Americans booed the shit out them and Toby Keith was like love it or leave it. Thats bullshit, you do not need to kiss anyones ass when they do bullshit.

Mysterons posts are very vague, look if you know something say it and if not don't post your vague bullshit like oh yeah that might happen LOLZ.

There is no problem with the article at all. It was a human beings opinion. And good for him he wrote how he felt. It was a writers. Now that doesn't mean the whole Boston Herald is out to get Guns N' Roses just a writer thinks its shit. So good for him that he voiced what he felt.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Do you actually have an opinion? Here is what they said.

What do you think?

If thats directed at me yes I do have an opinion.

My opinion though is bias cause obviously I am a fan of Axl Roses work. I saw Guns in 2002 at the ACC in Toronto. I know he has it, I know he can perform, and give my moneys worth. But these songs should have never been leaked, someone fucked up and there should be some form of accountability.

IRS and Better I enjoy, I haven't heard anything like that in a while. Hopefully the finished product will be good.  But what I think doesn't matter unless one is in a position of power or able to voice their opinion. If I wrote for a newspaper or what not my opinion is worth more cause it's going to the masses.

I don't think Axl Rose could give two shits that I think Better and IRS are good songs.

I do think that you cannot argue someone not to listen to the leaks and then ask them to write to a paper a response that they songs are good or what not.

I have no problem with you Mysteron, I just think you should be alot more clearer with what you say to on here. Some people really bleed Guns N' Roses here and thats cool, but I bleed checks and balances and always questioning stuff.

I might not agree with the reporters opinion but I respect the fact he wanted to voice what he said. He has that right and I will defend his right.

Fuck All Y'all
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

God help me, I'm too much of a GNR fan not to respond in some manner, whatever my feelings toward Axl and GNR's management may be at the moment.  Mysteron has been fairly compromising in this thread, so I decided to compromise a bit as well.

There was exactly one thing about this article I found somewhat objectionable, and on that basis I sent the following e-mail:

Subject:  Regarding Article Entitled Guns N? Roses fires early-warning shot

As I'm sure that you're aware by now, many Guns N' Roses fans have taken offense at Christopher Blagg's article entitled "Guns N? Roses fires early-warning shot."  I am also a Guns N' Roses fan, and I wanted to take the time to write to you as well, though perhaps with a slightly different goal in mind than most of my fellow 'gunners.'

I think most of your article was fair.  You are certainly entitled to publicize your opinions, even if they are not shared by most fans of the band.  As someone who enjoyed those leaked tracks, I may not agree with your opinions, but I certainly wouldn't disregard your opinions as many of my fellow fans seem to be doing.

I would appreciate it if the Herald were to print a correction where you note that the tracks were demos, and not the final album tracks.  This fact was not presented in the original story, and I think this subtle nuance could color your reader's perceptions of your stated opinions in an important manner.

Thank you for highlighting this interesting news item in your newspaper, and I hope that you will consider publishing a small correction in the interests of fair reportage of the facts in this story.

I would hope that those of you who write to the Herald do so in a respectful manner, the last thing that will help you, and by extension GNR, to be taken seriously by the Herald is sending a letter to the editor that is littered with expletives.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

Mysteron, why no do what I suggest?  Reply telling Merck we are fed up and want a release date.  See what he says.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: