Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:55:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Oh My God"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Oh My God"  (Read 62505 times)
nyd
« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2007, 11:35:46 PM »

I like the RIR 3 version where the band stopped before the final line and Axl just belted out his solo of "the only one in the game who's lost is you".

F'n classic  Cool
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2007, 11:56:20 PM »

it's a demo right? Axl mentioned it during an interview

What interview?
Hujiko
Opening Act

from Madrid

« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2007, 03:09:22 AM »

I liked the song from the very first time I heard it... It has something...  Roll Eyes  maybe "catchy" is the word that makes you want to listen over and over again 'til you like it!

AND
(always wanted to say this in a GN'R message board...)

"Oh My God it's the door for understanding the 'new' GNR stuff"
Me said beer
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2007, 03:25:19 AM »

Heh, I was just listening to Oh My God earlier today

One of the most underrated GnR songs.  The song kind of feels unfinished but the lyrics are really strong and the chorus is f'n awesome.  I would love to hear a 2001 studio version with the added effects and the Buckethead guitars, if one even exists
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2007, 07:34:36 AM »

I still love it. Most of the new stuff is a dissapointment to me by comparison. except maybe better, twat and the blues. but my jury is still out on the blues til i hear a studio version, even if thats just a demo.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2007, 07:54:44 AM »

for some reason I just don't get it. what is so good about this song.. everyone has their own opinions of course but I have never liked this one.  Undecided

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
overmatik
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2007, 08:15:11 AM »

Me too, is to NINishy for my taste, Guns n roses is about pure hard rock, no fuckin sinthesyzers...
greendog
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2007, 08:20:58 AM »

Guns n roses is about pure hard rock, no fuckin sinthesyzers...

Guns N' Roses is about the music they want to make, like any other decent band.

A band that is making music that they are supposed to make is usually a manufactured band. Which equals shit.

The industrial-ish side of guns n roses represents a certain time in GnR's time line. Like the hard rock (AFD), epic (UYI), punk (TSI) to the newer stuff. Its called development.

and I support it.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2007, 08:47:56 AM »

I like the RIR 3 version where the band stopped before the final line and Axl just belted out his solo of "the only one in the game who's lost is you".

F'n classic? Cool

You know what I don't get? I've actually had arguments with people on forums who actually think that was done on purpose and they've gone on to say that thats a new change to the song.

I'm like "Listen, I love GNR and all... but that's what we like to call: A Mistake"  Wink

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »

F'n classic? Cool

You know what I don't get? I've actually had arguments with people on forums who actually think that was done on purpose and they've gone on to say that thats a new change to the song.

I'm like "Listen, I love GNR and all... but that's what we like to call: A Mistake"? Wink

Yep - was a mistake but it sounded quality.

The band sounded like it had hardly rehearsed at RIR3. Straight at the beginning of the set, during Jungle near the end for the loud scream, Brain gets it wrong and Axl has to sing the scream twice...Also during Patience the band play an extra line when Axl is about to close it causing him to improv....
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »

Guns n roses is about pure hard rock, no fuckin sinthesyzers...

aint there syntheziers on PC?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2007, 12:30:33 PM »

F'n classic  Cool

I'm like "Listen, I love GNR and all... but that's what we like to call: A Mistake"  Wink
It's so obvious. Just tell people to take a listen to the Vegas performance - which, by the way, I think it's way better.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2007, 04:12:48 PM »

F'n classic? Cool

I'm like "Listen, I love GNR and all... but that's what we like to call: A Mistake"? Wink
It's so obvious. Just tell people to take a listen to the Vegas performance - which, by the way, I think it's way better.

I have the bootleg and I don't think I've ever listened to Oh My God from it.... I shall when I return home though.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
moons
Banned
Headliner

Charlie Don't Surf

« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »

F'n classic? Cool

that's not intentional, its clearly a mistake.

maybe if axl rehearsed with the band, that kind of thing wouldn't happen on a new song that they're trying to use to win over 100,000 skeptical fans ...

Big Gulps, huh? Well...see ya later.
-Dumb and Dumber
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2007, 03:32:03 PM »

accidental but classic. it's a  beauty of live performance.
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2007, 03:45:15 PM »

maybe if axl rehearsed with the band, that kind of thing wouldn't happen on a new song that they're trying to use to win over 100,000 skeptical fans ...

200,000 actually....

"all that anger, all that anger"
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #216 on: May 09, 2007, 08:36:40 PM »

it's a demo right? Axl mentioned it during an interview

What interview?

at the vegas shows at the end of 01' , axl mentioned that the song was "just a demo." anyway, its one of my favorite songs...................

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #217 on: May 09, 2007, 08:41:31 PM »

at the vegas shows at the end of 01' , axl mentioned that the song was "just a demo." anyway, its one of my favorite songs...................

Its the only demo Ive seen thats been released officially with a press release.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #218 on: May 09, 2007, 08:42:52 PM »

One of my favorite Guns songs, definately. I remember going to see End of Days and sitting through the credits, listening to that song and it gave me goosebumps. My friend and I looked at each other like "Shit, they're back." Of course ... they weren't back, but that's another thread (of which we have many).
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2007, 08:49:21 PM »

Its the only demo Ive seen thats been released officially with a press release.

i agree. that is strange. but ax did say himself that it was "just a demo." its a great song, demo or not. i hope they bring it back and play it live....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: