Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:57:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Metallica thread
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 137 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica thread  (Read 443370 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2640 on: January 11, 2012, 04:32:20 AM »

On that note, I was listening to the Black album for the first time in awhile today. The Struggle Within? That guitar solo?  drool

Yep, one of Kirk's best. ok

Will be interesting to see him play it live when they play the Black album in full at Download festival in June.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
El?m? on laiffia.
Opening Act

« Reply #2641 on: February 03, 2012, 10:07:21 AM »

You gotta go in realizing what Lulu is. Its not a rock album its a spoken word album based on a play.

I know exactly what Lulu is. It based on two works from german writer Frank Wedekind ('Erdgeist' and 'Die B?chse der Pandora'). Wedekind made a musical called 'Lulu', based on this two works from him.
But that's the problem. How many Metallica fans even know that facts?
Apparently you don't know exactly what Lulu is. Otherwise you wouldn't claim that the 19th century playwright Wedekind penned a musical. He wrote the plays you mentioned and later combined them in the drama Lulu which was nevertheless a play. It was not turned into a musical until over a hundred years later, with one adaption premiering in Innsbruck, Austria, in May 2010 and another about a year later in Berlin. Lou Reed provided the music for the latter.

Don't knock on death's door! Ring the bell and run, death hates that....
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #2642 on: February 08, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »

http://gothamist.com/2012/02/07/metallica_announces_2_day_multi-ban.php

Metallica Headlining 2 Day Multi-Band Festival In Atlantic City This June

The iconic headbanging band Metallica has just announced a two day festival this June in Atlantic City. Taking place at the abandoned A.C. airport's Bader Field on June 23rd & 24th, the Orion Music + More fest will feature Metallica on both nights, as well as a lineup that so far includes Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, Modest Mouse, The Gaslight Anthem, Cage The Elephant, Fucked Up, Best Coast, Hot Snakes, Titus Andronicus, Gary Clark Jr., Lucero, Roky Erickson, The Black Angels, The Sword, A Place to Bury Strangers, and Liturgy. And on each night Metallica will play either Ride the Lightning or The Black Album in their entirety.

According to an announcement on the fest's website, Metallica is inviting "22 of their favorite artists from across the music and comedy spectrum to the inaugural Orion Music + More. More than just music, the festival will also feature a lifestyle element showcasing the band's individual interests - and allowing fans to interact directly with each of the band members." Presale General Admission tickets for both days cost $125, and the promoters are also selling advanced VIP tickets that will guarantee a reserved d-bag section right in front of stage for $225.

It doesn't look like there will be camping at Orion, but Bader Field is within walking distance of the boardwalk, and there is no shortage of hotels in Atlantic City. (Which might explain why camping isn't being offered as an option.) Dave Matthews Band produced a festival at the site last year, and this year Phish is heavily rumored to be organizing some sort of three day festival on the weekend of June 16th. (The local city council has approved a three day festival for those dates, but not said who would perform.)

So... who's going? +2 for me!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2643 on: February 08, 2012, 12:42:43 PM »

just picked up my tickets this morning...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2644 on: February 23, 2012, 12:42:19 PM »

Huh

Exclusive: Jay-Z & Metallica ? ?Moment Of Clarity? (BamBeatz Remix)

February 23, 2012

BamBeatz is dropping a mixtape of both black albums together (Metallica & Jay-Z).  Here is his first leak off his ?Double Black? mixtape dropping in Spring.

On this joint BamBeatz gets Jay-Z?s acapellas from The Black Album and chops up samples from Metallica?s Black album.  This joint is Raw!!!

Audio: http://www.rawhustle.com/exclusive-jay-z-metallica-moment-of-clarity-bambeatz-remix/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2645 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »

Huh

February 23, 2012

BamBeatz is dropping a mixtape of both black albums together (Metallica & Jay-Z).  Here is his first leak off his ?Double Black? mixtape dropping in Spring.

On this joint BamBeatz gets Jay-Z?s acapellas from The Black Album and chops up samples from Metallica?s Black album.  This joint is Raw!!!

Audio: http://www.rawhustle.com/exclusive-jay-z-metallica-moment-of-clarity-bambeatz-remix/

Why would the mighty Metallica approve of this crap? Jay- Z? yuck. puke

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2646 on: February 23, 2012, 02:03:33 PM »

Huh

February 23, 2012

Why would the mighty Metallica approve of this crap? Jay- Z? yuck. puke

this fucking band is really testing my patience lately. confused
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2647 on: February 23, 2012, 06:13:02 PM »

99 problems is harder and better than anything on tallicas black album.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2648 on: February 24, 2012, 09:50:42 AM »

Ignorant thing to say. Metallica's Black album is one of the greatest heavy metal albums ever released, despite it's more commercial approach.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2649 on: February 24, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »

Ignorant thing to say. Metallica's Black album is one of the greatest heavy metal albums ever released, despite it's more commercial approach.

Ignorant on two levels, first what you said and second the idea that something by Jay-Z is better than anything by anyone, let alone Metallica.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #2650 on: February 24, 2012, 12:10:51 PM »

are you 2 trying to troll ME?!  rofl

the only ignorant stuff in these last posts is that you guys really think that your opinion is a fact when i'm open minded. see i'm not the ignorant one. we might have different taste, but i'm not ignorant. metallica previous albums was imo better. black albums got a few great songs. enter sandman is one of the biggest rock anthems of all time. 99 problems is one of the biggest rap anthems of all time.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2651 on: February 24, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »

the only ignorant stuff in these last posts is that you guys really think that your opinion is a fact when i'm open minded. see i'm not the ignorant one. we might have different taste, but i'm not ignorant. metallica previous albums was imo better. black albums got a few great songs. enter sandman is one of the biggest rock anthems of all time. 99 problems is one of the biggest rap anthems of all time.

I didn't realize that me saying that Jay Z's music is complete shit was considered an opinion, I thought I was just stating the obvious.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #2652 on: February 24, 2012, 12:25:55 PM »

I love Wherever I May Roam, Unforgiven, and Sad But True off of the Black album.
I think Enter Sandman has some of the cheesiest lyrics James has put to tape, and can't get past them even though the music is undeniably catchy.
I'm with CheapJon, the early records are what made Metallica for me.
Black was successful, but the beginning of the end creatively. Wish they hung it up after Black.

Don't get me started on Jay-Z though. Just my opinion, but the next creative song that guy puts out will be his first.
That whole genre needs to die. I've been waiting patiently.

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #2653 on: February 24, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »

I didn't realize that me saying that Jay Z's music is complete shit was considered an opinion, I thought I was just stating the obvious.
Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2654 on: February 24, 2012, 02:26:52 PM »

How would you know anything about my opinion?  I am yet to share one regarding this topic.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2655 on: February 24, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »

I love Wherever I May Roam, Unforgiven, and Sad But True off of the Black album.
I think Enter Sandman has some of the cheesiest lyrics James has put to tape, and can't get past them even though the music is undeniably catchy.
I'm with CheapJon, the early records are what made Metallica for me.
Black was successful, but the beginning of the end creatively. Wish they hung it up after Black.

Don't get me started on Jay-Z though. Just my opinion, but the next creative song that guy puts out will be his first.
That whole genre needs to die. I've been waiting patiently.

I still maintain the black record is their best and also career defining record, although it is a hard rock record, not a metal album.  Load/Reload should have been just one 12 song record, St Anger never should have happened and "Death Magnetic" was pretty damn good.  The first 4 records are the 4 of if not the best heavy metal albums ever made.  That is an opinion of course... hihi
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:34:29 PM by Bodhi » Logged
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #2656 on: February 24, 2012, 09:57:50 PM »

How would you know anything about my opinion?  I am yet to share one regarding this topic.
Obviously. you're not a golfer.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2657 on: February 25, 2012, 05:45:28 AM »

You're just being stupid, STUPID!

Nothing changes with you but the time and day.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2658 on: February 25, 2012, 05:46:10 AM »

Obviously. you're not a golfer.

I'll suck your dick for a thousand dollars.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #2659 on: February 26, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »

and to save it from going far too off topic...

The Dude: Yeah. Roadie for Metallica
Maude Lebowski: Oh.
The Dude: Speed of Sound Tour
Maude Lebowski: Mm-hmm.
The Dude: Bunch of assholes.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 137 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: