Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:37:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ledger's Joker to take on Batman
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ledger's Joker to take on Batman  (Read 20876 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2007, 01:50:34 AM »

If any of you collected Batman comics like 15 years ago or a little more you'd remember the carryover mini-series where Robin #2 ends up being killed by the joker in the end.

I think I still have the compilation comic somewhere.

This story would make for a damn good movie.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2007, 01:52:56 AM »

If any of you collected Batman comics like 15 years ago or a little more you'd remember the carryover mini-series where Robin #2 ends up being killed by the joker in the end.

I think I still have the compilation comic somewhere.

This story would make for a damn good movie.

u mean Jason Todd? crazy shit. that would make a good movie!!

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2007, 02:02:43 AM »

Yeah, I think it was Jason Todd.

The readears actually voted in to determine if he ended up dying or not.

Did you read the series?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2007, 02:07:16 AM »

Yeh, I think that in the comic Robin gets beaten to death with a crowbar......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2007, 02:09:06 AM »

Did you read the series?

i'm a huge batman fan but i have to say the only comic book series i read was Knightfall. *runs and hides*

i just know about all three of the Robins in the comic book from talking to friends and reading stuff online, thats how i knew about jason todd.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2007, 02:12:27 AM »

http://www.superherostuff.com/OtherItems/comics/images/batmandeathfam.html

Here's the link to the compilation graphic novel that I have, in horrid condition BTW  hihi

And Stolat, he gets beaten with a crowbar but he survives that..

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2007, 02:20:05 AM »

^that comic looks awesome man!!

how about if they did a movie/series based on Knightfall? i think that would be EPIC if done right!!

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2007, 06:00:59 AM »

http://www.superherostuff.com/OtherItems/comics/images/batmandeathfam.html

Here's the link to the compilation graphic novel that I have, in horrid condition BTW? hihi

And Stolat, he gets beaten with a crowbar but he survives that..

Mmm, I remember the graphics/artwork in the "killing of Robin #2" comic ......... ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2007, 06:04:34 AM »

Joker beat him with a crowbar, but he was alive until the building he was in blew up.  He has recently returned to the comics, though. So he aint dead. That said, hopefully Heaths Joker never has to deal with Robin.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2007, 07:13:48 AM »

Ah , but is it Robin #2 or Robin #3 that has returned?...

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2007, 12:51:31 PM »

Robin #2 was Jason Todd, he was in a building that Joker blew up. He has recently returned, but I didnt read how.  Robin #3 is Tim Drake, who is still Robin.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2007, 06:34:34 PM »

Robin #2 was Jason Todd, he was in a building that Joker blew up. He has recently returned, but I didnt read how.? Robin #3 is Tim Drake, who is still Robin.

...glad that was cleared up hihi

good bless comics....without their utter defiance of logic and common sense i feel the world would be a sadder place

Quick! To the bandwagon!
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2007, 06:58:31 PM »

Yeah, I was just trying to clear it up so we could actually talk about Ledger being Joker.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2007, 09:32:38 PM »

Did you read the series?

i'm a huge batman fan but i have to say the only comic book series i read was Knightfall. *runs and hides*

i just know about all three of the Robins in the comic book from talking to friends and reading stuff online, thats how i knew about jason todd.

do yourself a BIG favor and read Frank Millers "the dark knight returns".  One of the best graphic novel ever written.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2007, 09:37:04 PM »

Did you read the series?

do yourself a BIG favor and read Frank Millers "the dark knight returns".? One of the best graphic novel ever written.

isnt there another one by Frank Miller, i read that in that series or a sequel or something that batman fights superman? besides the fact that they are both good guys, it also bothered me?cuz superman would kick his ass, although i know batman wore a special suit or something.

but yeah i have heard alot of good stuff about The Dark Knight Returns, i will try to check it out.?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:39:37 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2007, 09:38:43 PM »

Did you read the series?

do yourself a BIG favor and read Frank Millers "the dark knight returns".? One of the best graphic novel ever written.

isnt there another one by Frank Miller, i read that in that series or a sequel or something that batman fights superman? besides the fact that they are both good guys, it also bothered me? cuz superman would kick his ass, although i know batman wore a special suit or something. so that kinda turned me off to Frank Miller.

but yeah i have heard alot of good stuff about The Dark Knight Returns, i will try to check it out.?

Your thinking of "The Dark Knight Returns".

Probably the greatest comic book ever written in my opinion.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2007, 09:40:03 PM »

Did you read the series?

isnt there another one by Frank Miller, i read that in that series or a sequel or something that batman fights superman? besides the fact that they are both good guys, it also bothered me? cuz superman would kick his ass, although i know batman wore a special suit or something. so that kinda turned me off to Frank Miller.

really??? that whole premise just bothers me though.... batman fighting superman? o well i'll still check it out
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:41:35 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2007, 09:47:55 PM »

Did you read the series?

really??? that whole premise just bothers me though.... batman fighting superman? o well i'll still check it out

I think you will like it man, its very well written and the artwork is very cool

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2007, 09:50:25 PM »

Did you read the series?

do yourself a BIG favor and read Frank Millers "the dark knight returns".  One of the best graphic novel ever written.

isnt there another one by Frank Miller, i read that in that series or a sequel or something that batman fights superman? besides the fact that they are both good guys, it also bothered me  cuz superman would kick his ass, although i know batman wore a special suit or something. so that kinda turned me off to Frank Miller.

but yeah i have heard alot of good stuff about The Dark Knight Returns, i will try to check it out. 

I think you will like it man, its very well written and the artwork is very cool

don't read the Dark knight returns 2 though.....don't even wipe your ass with it.  i wish i hadn't read it to be honest.  really lame.

another unreal batman story is by Frank Miller, Batman Year 1

god i'm such a geek haha

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2007, 09:57:55 PM »

Did you read the series?

don't read the Dark knight returns 2 though.....don't even wipe your ass with it.? i wish i hadn't read it to be honest.? really lame.

another unreal batman story is by Frank Miller, Batman Year 1

god i'm such a geek haha

for the Dark Knight Returns 2 u mean The Dark Knight Strikes Again? i was actually planning on picking that up cuz surprsingly enough my library has it.

where could i find The Dark Knight Returns? just a comic store or book store right? what im saying is its not out of print or anything right?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: