Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 01:04:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ledger's Joker to take on Batman
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ledger's Joker to take on Batman  (Read 21078 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2007, 09:59:04 PM »

Def not, i know they did a recent reprint.

I thought the sequel was jus DK2 or something.

whatever it is, skip it. it sucks.

check out year 1 instead.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2007, 09:59:55 PM »

Yeah, I think it was Jason Todd.

The readears actually voted in to determine if he ended up dying or not.

Did you read the series?

i'm a huge batman fan but i have to say the only comic book series i read was Knightfall. *runs and hides*

i just know about all three of the Robins in the comic book from talking to friends and reading stuff online, thats how i knew about jason todd.

do yourself a BIG favor and read Frank Millers "the dark knight returns".? One of the best graphic novel ever written.

isnt there another one by Frank Miller, i read that in that series or a sequel or something that batman fights superman? besides the fact that they are both good guys, it also bothered me? cuz superman would kick his ass, although i know batman wore a special suit or something. so that kinda turned me off to Frank Miller.

but yeah i have heard alot of good stuff about The Dark Knight Returns, i will try to check it out.?

Your thinking of "The Dark Knight Returns".

Probably the greatest comic book ever written in my opinion.

really??? that whole premise just bothers me though.... batman fighting superman? o well i'll still check it out

I think you will like it man, its very well written and the artwork is very cool

don't read the Dark knight returns 2 though.....don't even wipe your ass with it.? i wish i hadn't read it to be honest.? really lame.

another unreal batman story is by Frank Miller, Batman Year 1

god i'm such a geek haha

for the Dark Knight Returns 2 u mean The Dark Knight Strikes Again? i was actually planning on picking that up cuz surprsingly enough my library has it.

where could i find The Dark Knight Returns? just a comic store or book store right? what im saying is its not out of print or anything right?

You can find it at any comic store. just look in the graphic novel section  ok

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2007, 10:01:04 PM »

^awesome thanx!

my library has Batman Year One!! i'm gonna pick it up tommorow.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2007, 10:41:40 AM »

yeah great idea Izzy...lets leave out the best villian of the entire Batman series...brilliant....why? oh because there was another Batman movie in 1989 that is part of a completely DIFFERENT franchise!! there was a Batman movie made in the late 60's that had the joker, catwoman. the penguin, and the riddler in it....are those characters off limits too?Huh by your logic 1989 Batman was a remake of the 60's movie, because the Joker was in it.....you make no sense....

Hey dont cry,

Do you think i should go see Batman 6? Or should i wait till the next time they do Batman vs the Joker? Do be warned, i dont think i can wait the necessery 5 years.....

see now I dont know if you are just trying to be annoying or if you really dont understand the concept that this is a DIFFERENT franchise of Batman....
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2007, 11:01:14 AM »

yeah great idea Izzy...lets leave out the best villian of the entire Batman series...brilliant....why? oh because there was another Batman movie in 1989 that is part of a completely DIFFERENT franchise!! there was a Batman movie made in the late 60's that had the joker, catwoman. the penguin, and the riddler in it....are those characters off limits too?Huh by your logic 1989 Batman was a remake of the 60's movie, because the Joker was in it.....you make no sense....

Hey dont cry,

Do you think i should go see Batman 6? Or should i wait till the next time they do Batman vs the Joker? Do be warned, i dont think i can wait the necessery 5 years.....

see now I dont know if you are just trying to be annoying or if you really dont understand the concept that this is a DIFFERENT franchise of Batman....

Alot of people dont know that. it really pisses me off. Im sick and tired of trying to explain these things to people.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2007, 11:07:16 AM »

yeah great idea Izzy...lets leave out the best villian of the entire Batman series...brilliant....why? oh because there was another Batman movie in 1989 that is part of a completely DIFFERENT franchise!! there was a Batman movie made in the late 60's that had the joker, catwoman. the penguin, and the riddler in it....are those characters off limits too???  by your logic 1989 Batman was a remake of the 60's movie, because the Joker was in it.....you make no sense....

Hey dont cry,

well you know "batman begins" really isnt a clear indication.... ok

html sucks
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2007, 08:56:11 AM »

really??? that whole premise just bothers me though.... batman fighting superman? o well i'll still check it out

Yeah me too... I remember there was a rumor about a Batman v Superman... Glad thats outta the wroks though....
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »

There is indeed a comic where Batman fights Superman - the front cover shows Batman and Superman locked in a deadly embrace.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2007, 02:38:33 PM »

yeah great idea Izzy...lets leave out the best villian of the entire Batman series...brilliant....why? oh because there was another Batman movie in 1989 that is part of a completely DIFFERENT franchise!! there was a Batman movie made in the late 60's that had the joker, catwoman. the penguin, and the riddler in it....are those characters off limits too???  by your logic 1989 Batman was a remake of the 60's movie, because the Joker was in it.....you make no sense....

Hey dont cry,

well you know "batman begins" really isnt a clear indication.... ok

Well if the title isn't, then the movie is. It directly conflicts with the origin told in Batman '89 where the Joker kills his parents. In BB, it's a common thug (which is how the comics always had it but Burton changed it). People who could actually sit through BB and think it's a prequel are pretty damn dumb in my opinion. Besides that, if you enjoy the movie then buy the 2-disc DVD and you'll see Nolan say it straight up in interviews that his film about Batman has nothing to do with B89 or the other 3 Batman films, although he has big-time respect for B89.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 02:40:23 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2007, 04:03:16 PM »

I don't think there's any confusion about Nolan's Batman being  a remake, it's just Izzy being a schmuck. His argument is that since the Joker has already been in a Batman film in his lifetime the combination should never be used again. Which is like saying that Superman films should never again use Lex Luthor, or that Spider-Man should never again face off against Doc Ock.  It's uh, what do you call it? Stupidity.

The Joker is an essential ingredient in the continued success of Batman as a franchise in any format. The characters are nemeses, their relationship within the Batman mythos is unique. Entire storylines have hinged on the clash of personalities of the two characters and their ongoing vendetta without the need for convoluted plots and dubious motivations, which is more than you can say for non-entities like Mad Hatter, Deadshot, etc.

I'd rather see Batman facing off against an equally well conceived character instead of some random pot-luck pick from the DC back-catalogue. Your milage may vary. If all you're after is a monster-of-the-week, might I recommend any crappy hour-long on the sci-fi channel?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2007, 04:31:57 PM »

In "A Death in the Family" Batman is very pissed at one point an punches Superman in the face.

He shudders in pain and says "I think I broke it". (his hand)

Superman goes "No, but badly bruised".  hihi   needless to say a Superman vs Batman feud would be ludicrous.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2007, 05:17:33 PM »

I don't think there's any confusion about Nolan's Batman being? a remake, it's just Izzy being a schmuck. His argument is that since the Joker has already been in a Batman film in his lifetime the combination should never be used again. Which is like saying that Superman films should never again use Lex Luthor, or that Spider-Man should never again face off against Doc Ock.? It's uh, what do you call it? Stupidity.

It does amuse me how angry your getting by all this....maybe thats my motivation?

Who knows, maybe i'm actually intrested in the film and am baiting the bear?

Who's to say?

We are now on our third Batman v Joker film - perhaps my comments are a somewhat sardonic appraisal of a Hollywood with no ideas left, that now finances itself via people going back to old stories with the belief 'they can do it better'

Perhaps i write as a sly comment on the new breed of fan-boys, nerds who read comic books (ye gods comics for gods sake!), a breed given public airing by the internet. Now a film is ''good' or ''bad'' depending on how faithful it is to a comic book!

When good stories are used up - quick! What has Frank Miller been writing? Make a film out of that!

Its hilarious reading these posts, this film will be ''good' because it takes an existing comic and translates it word for word to the screen - and yet the same people deride Hollywood's lack of imagination! - These people want a story identical to one they already know, oh the terrors of a new interpretation!

People dont like that Tim Burton tried a new apoproach - oh no, they want it exactly as it was in the comics - how daring!

I like good cinema, and i'll be off to ''The Dark Knight'' and i'll give it every chance to impress me - but cant you fan-boys savour the delcious irony of a film industry savaged for giving the public exactly what it wants?

In 20 years time we'll have Batman vs The Joker again....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2007, 06:59:06 PM »

Who's to say?

We are now on our third Batman v Joker film

what was the second   Huh

Hemingway
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2007, 07:03:24 PM »

Who's to say?

We are now on our third Batman v Joker film

what was the second? Huh?

he means the  one in the 1960's with joker, riddler, catwoman when Ceser Romero was the joker, and of course the 1989 one with Nicholson.

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »

I don't think there's any confusion about Nolan's Batman being  a remake, it's just Izzy being a schmuck. His argument is that since the Joker has already been in a Batman film in his lifetime the combination should never be used again. Which is like saying that Superman films should never again use Lex Luthor, or that Spider-Man should never again face off against Doc Ock.  It's uh, what do you call it? Stupidity.

It does amuse me how angry your getting by all this....maybe thats my motivation?

Who knows, maybe i'm actually intrested in the film and am baiting the bear?

Who's to say?

We are now on our third Batman v Joker film - perhaps my comments are a somewhat sardonic appraisal of a Hollywood with no ideas left, that now finances itself via people going back to old stories with the belief 'they can do it better'

Perhaps i write as a sly comment on the new breed of fan-boys, nerds who read comic books (ye gods comics for gods sake!), a breed given public airing by the internet. Now a film is ''good' or ''bad'' depending on how faithful it is to a comic book!

When good stories are used up - quick! What has Frank Miller been writing? Make a film out of that!

Its hilarious reading these posts, this film will be ''good' because it takes an existing comic and translates it word for word to the screen - and yet the same people deride Hollywood's lack of imagination! - These people want a story identical to one they already know, oh the terrors of a new interpretation!

People dont like that Tim Burton tried a new apoproach - oh no, they want it exactly as it was in the comics - how daring!

I like good cinema, and i'll be off to ''The Dark Knight'' and i'll give it every chance to impress me - but cant you fan-boys savour the delcious irony of a film industry savaged for giving the public exactly what it wants?

In 20 years time we'll have Batman vs The Joker again....

Yeah, my rage is just boiling over. Must be your sardonic wit, cutting to the core. The bag of maybes in your post suffers from a few glaring factual errors, here's the highlights; Batman Begins wasn't in any way faithful to the comic book it's based on. People dislike the Tim Burton movies so much that they spawned three sequels and the first and second movies have been used as benchmarks repeatedly in this thread. This "new breed of fanboys, nerds who read comic books" don't, as far as I'm aware, set the standards by which movies are judged, The Dark Knight isn't based on a specific book to be re-produced word for word, and no-one is saying that the movie would be "good" if that was the case, you've constructed enough straw men there to pick a partner and play 2v2 on a half-court. 

I have no idea what movies you do actually like but I'll put $100 bucks on you seeing TDK on opening day and then rushing back here to tell us how much it sucked. I'm sure the phrase "microwave gun" will be referenced. In fact, I'll give you the $100 bucks if you manage to post a "sardonic appraisal" of a review, full of "sly comments" without  using the words "Jack" or "Nicholson".

But that's for later. Between now and then I'll be savoring the delicious irony of a film industry savaged  by some guy on the internet who seems to be surprised anew each time some summer "blockbuster" turns out to be a crapfest. Seriously Izzy, have you actually seen a movie you liked? Because I'd be more interested in reading posts about things that you liked and why you liked them, as opposed to "ten reasons why a movie based on a disneyland ride wasn't spiritually fulfilling for me/Sam Raimi touched my childhood in the no-no place."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2007, 11:37:52 PM »

^^^^  great post.  couldn't have said it better myself.

although izzy did say he was really excited to see the transformers movie.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2007, 11:59:44 PM »

^^^^? great post.? couldn't have said it better myself.

lol yeah but being that its directed by Michael Bay i'm not gonna be expecting much, just fun action.

but i'm sure Izzy will take it too seriously and painfully analyze every little thing about it.

anyway i just found a website that says that pic of the joker was fake, so who knows:

http://buzzecho.com/?p=18
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 12:01:49 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2007, 12:02:21 AM »

^^^^? great post.? couldn't have said it better myself.

lol yeah but being that its directed by Michael Bay i'm not gonna be expecting much, just fun action.

but i'm sure Izzy will take it too seriously and painfully analyze every little thing about it.

anyway i just found a website that says that pic of the joker was fake, so who knows:

http://buzzecho.com/?p=18

Yeh! The lips are all female.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2007, 11:00:34 AM »

Yea It looks fake.
Btw Batman and Robin is the worst superhero movie ever.
How can they make a nipple in Batman and  Robin Costume. and Didn't make it in the Batgirl Costume.
How Unfair.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »

Yea It looks fake.
Btw Batman and Robin is the worst superhero movie ever.
How can they make a nipple in Batman and? Robin Costume. and Didn't make it in the Batgirl Costume.
How Unfair.

HAHHAHAHA

good point. it was Joel Schumacher's idea to put nipples on the batman and robin's costumes cuz he said he got the idea from statues of greek god's or something.

but yes i agree Batman and Robin was pretty bad, it didnt even do that well at the box office, it was just a huge all around failure.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: