Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:38:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  'Rocky Balboa' The movie is one of the years BEST' According to AICN REVIEW
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Rocky Balboa' The movie is one of the years BEST' According to AICN REVIEW  (Read 32376 times)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2006, 06:22:51 PM »

I saw the film this afternoon and was quite pleased.? On par with Rocky I it is not, but a good film none the less.? Anyone who's a fan of Rocky will enjoy this movie.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 06:27:42 PM by Randall Flagg » Logged
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2006, 07:23:26 PM »

Watched it this evening.

It's incredible and Very inspirational - a flawless movie. 

Everyone should see it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2006, 07:33:21 PM »

This movie is incredible.

Even critics have gave this movie great reviews for the most part.

It does an amazing job tying in all the movies, It is inspiration and has several scenes that will make the hair stand on your arm.

Just a brilliant movie, Right up there with the first one in my opinion. this movie is so inspirational and great beyond words.

Best Movie I've seen this year hands down.

Im no pussy but I swear I cried about 5 times.

If u didnt like it, u may want to check what kind of mood u were in when u saw this.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2006, 07:34:41 PM »

This movie is incredible.

Even critics have gave this movie great reviews for the most part.

It does an amazing job tying in all the movies, It is inspiration and has several scenes that will make the hair stand on your arm.

Just a brilliant movie, Right up there with the first one in my opinion. this movie is so inspirational and great beyond words.

Best Movie I've seen this year hands down.

Im no pussy but I swear I cried about 5 times.

If u didnt like it, u may want to check what kind of mood u were in when u saw this.

I love the scene where his son pulls him outside and Rocky lectures him.  That was very good dialogue.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2006, 07:36:30 PM »

As far as a movie, It may not be as good as the first one. Im not sure, Im so fired up having just watched it, I may be a little biased.

but in my opinion this is the most inspirational Rocky Movie ever.

The first 20 minutes will break your heart if u have any attachment to these characters whatsoever.

When he started training, My entire movie theater exploded with applause and cheers. It was wild!

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2006, 07:45:06 PM »

Tried seeing today but the fucker was sold out. So hopefully tomorrow I'll get to check it out.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2006, 07:46:39 PM »

As soon as it ended, I wanted to get right back in line and buy another ticket.

Thats how great it is.

I am not overselling this either.

Well it depends on your love and connection with Rocky.

If u love Rocky anywhere close to how I do, u will find this movie to be amazing.

The first Rocky is one of my 3 fav movies of all time.

So if u love it like I do. U are in for something special.

BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2006, 10:45:41 PM »

The freaky thing about this movie is how that guy who plays Paulie looks like he hasn't aged since the 70's. Other than that his hair is grey he looks exactly the same!

There's a lot goin on here.....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2006, 11:39:36 PM »

The movie is outstanding...I think it is on the level of the first Rocky...maybe not as quite as good..but in the realm....there was a standing ovation at the end of the movie when I saw it....fantastic
GangstarrGabe
Opening Act

Gimme Five...

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2006, 03:18:31 AM »

Update:
"THE MOVIE IS ONE OF THE YEARS BEST" according to this review and one of the years best performances from Stallone,

Harry Knowles said the word he hears is that this is better than the last three ROCKY movies!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30497

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I noticed there were A LOT of threads, so lets keep all the rock talk in here ( Tongue)
official poster right behind sly. looks just like the 1st rocky poster.

Update: New pic added Sept 26, 06

In theaters December 22, 2006.

OMG isnt stalone 80?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2006, 03:51:19 AM »

If u have a few hours to kill here is the link to all those Q&A's on Aint it Cool News.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30904

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2006, 06:08:56 AM »

Without a doubt, the first message would have been, ?To thine own self be true.? The only beat you ever really want to march to, is the beat of your own heart. As much as I am loathed to say it, you really have to be wary of the advice of people, even loved ones, because it can be tinged with jealousy. Believe it or not, I?ve often found that friends can evoke more jealousy about your successes than your most overt enemy. Quite often the best advice comes from what I would call, ?The Adrian Component? - that one person in the background who has no agenda, who has no male competitiveness, who may have very little stature in other people?s eyes, but can see the playing field for what it is and be able to give you a true perspective and loving advice. Trust is the last of your belongings that should be given away haphazardly, because quite often the world?s biggest dilemma is that we trusted someone with our hearts, a person who was not worthy, and quite often the after-effects last a lifetime.

Cool Stallone piece of advice from that site.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2006, 06:21:52 AM »

I thought it was solid.

The movie starts way too slow. The first 45 min is the same crap over and over.

The ending was GOLD though. Loved it.. perfect for the series.

gnrevolution.com
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2006, 03:09:55 PM »

Can someone PM me and tell me who won the fight? Thanks!!!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »

Hypothetically, since Rocky fights on HBO PPV at the end in front of that huge audience, does this mean he will get a few million and be off poor street?

I'd like to think so. Thats what made ROcky V so depressing, the fact he lost everything he worked so hard for. So Im gonna imagine he made a few million off the fight with Mason Dixon and is back set for life. ok

mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2006, 05:54:12 PM »

i thought the movie was pretty good and they went back to the style of the first rocky which was cool, i rate it 7/10
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2006, 09:09:10 PM »

Finally saw it tonight....holy shit what an amazing movie.  Everything was class, even Spider Rico's comic relief.  Marie did a great job...and the speech Rocky gave to his son was fucking amazing.  The ending couldn't have been better.  They really skimmed the training montage in this film, but it worked out.  It's good to see some of those places in Philly again too...I moved away from there in 89 and haven't been back since only to see GNR in 2002. 

I love people that kept putting this movie down, "waaah Rocky's too old, isn't he 9 million....who's he fighting now the Grim Reaper.....etc."...but Stallone couldn't have shoved it down their throats any harder.  Total class movie and the overtones set by it's messages are the most positive you could imagine in a world full of shitty movies full of whores, murder and crime.

It sort of goes intertwine with Axl's comeback.  Stupid people will talk so much shit to put you down, no matter what you've done for them, but in the end you can still go better than anyone else out there.  Best movie of the year by far and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Rocky nut.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2006, 12:11:16 AM »

I didn't think I would like this movie, as I was one making fun for a while now about his age, ect...

Well, I loved it! 

It was done very well, I really thought it would be cheesy but it wasn't at all.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2006, 12:22:24 AM »

I saw the movie before the GN'R show with Jack, and I really loved it.

The movie brought a few tears to my eyes, if I was alone I would have probably lost it.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2006, 12:30:03 AM »

I saw the movie before the GN'R show with Jack, and I really loved it.

The movie brought a few tears to my eyes, if I was alone I would have probably lost it.

Ha yeah dude, same here.....I had people all around me and I got a little misty eyed about two times and contained myself  rofl .  I think the end of the fight was when it got to me.  Right when the bell rung.  It was sort of like, wow....it's the end of the road for the character who I grew up worshipping...I remember have a Rocky III punching bag with sand in the bottom when I was like 5 beating the crap out of it.  I grew up in Philly so Rocky fever was always pretty big.  I still have pictures and post cards of the statue when it was first unveiled.

In all retrospect though, I still can't get over how well this movie came off.  I may go see it again tomorrow. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: